Why harad's banner shouldn't be nerfed

nabnecro

The only reason people think this skill is OP is because like the majority of MCs at sapphire, they play the game without thinking. Instead of figuring out one way to counter it, they ask gms to nerf the skill  :facepalm: . I played a fair amount of 2V2 and guess what, I NEVER get hit by banner. If you see a paladin on the other team, just bait him to use the banner and move away! People dont even think about doing this simple maneuver because they are so narrow minded and think the game is all about auto attacking one target spaming skill until it dies, specially people who play meelee classes tend to think like that. This is a simple way to counter and ANY CLASS can do it.

I known the skill is 7X7 area and does 5 hits or more but you will only take all of hits if you stay in the area the entire duration like a noob. So, unless you got rooted by druid or something there is no excuse to take more than 1 hit from banner. Its just like necromancer nightmare, you put 4 skill point on it but it will be the same as level 1 if your team hit the nightmare. If you are smart enough to evade level 4 banner, that's 3 skill points countered in that match.

Think about it. I play on MC side and always thought paladin were weak. Let then have this one good skill.

Those paladins aren't thinking. A thinking paladin doesn't let himself get baited. He places it when the main combat started. Then you can't escape it's 7x7 srena without soneone chopping up your back.

And I am also aware of that palas were weak, so they shouldn't ultra nerf it. Just a smaller nerf would be good.

Those paladins aren't thinking. A thinking paladin doesn't let himself get baited. He places it when the main combat started.

They had to use it preemptively because most of time my partner is rogue ;)

let me exxplain to you, rogue has stealth so always have initiative (unless they can detect), gouge 5 + nightmare level 5 = its better to use it before one of then die ;)

I didn't even read what this noob wrote. All i know is he  is a poor idiot that can't clearly see that banner is super OP.

Sad pathetic...

Can say me and my friend both necro in 2v2 have 50:50 chance to win facing 2 paladins.When the battle start, we both have shield than targeted one with nightmare.If when we moving closer each other and the paladins place the banner we run back and if the shield broke we heal ourself and thats all the banner has lost its function.On other case,if when getting closer each other and neither of them placing banner,one of them has got into eternal slumber thanks to our lvl 5 nightmare.Kill one of them then continue with the other like he is a misrable toy.Thats all.

Sometime they might be mistake and thats what rule us to defeat.I have more problem facing 2 druids or 2 shamans than 2 paladins.Talking 5 paladins is different story and I always avoid that adn if you smart enough you will also avoid it.

Lol, just Nerf it and everything is ok.

Sure ppl can wait till Banner dissapears but remember crying Elvs about lock skill?

Devs nerved lock. So, nerf Pala too  ;D

I love your point nab, it is true that alot of people that play this game do just spam click on their opponent but if you have skill which is what everyone says they have then there is no reason you would stay in the banners area although if mc stays sad palas will get nerfed  :( Ouch pvprange that hurts me too im poor ;)

First, paladins were never weak.

They maybe werent the most hardcore class for 1 VS 1 fights, but they were good in everything else (war, farm, arena).

Second, you can avoid banner from noob paladins, and noob paladins only.

Any paladin with a little strategy will wait to catch as many as he can with fetters of justice and only then release the kraken.

This skill is OP, there really is no argument for saying otherwise.

Facts from the skill:

Damage: 500 (or 1k!) x 5

Area: 7x7 (enought to cover 49 chars alligned in a square formation)

Debuff: decreases the defense of everyone being hit

I didn't even read what this noob wrote. All i know is he  is a poor idiot that can't clearly see that banner is super OP.

Sad pathetic...

Bump...

I sick of pallys who plop the banner in cave and nearly kill all inside, they always cry like ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥es when I gank them

The only reason people think this skill is OP is because like the majority of MCs at sapphire, they play the game without thinking. Instead of figuring out one way to counter it, they ask gms to nerf the skill  :facepalm: . I played a fair amount of 2V2 and guess what, I NEVER get hit by banner. If you see a paladin on the other team, just bait him to use the banner and move away! People dont even think about doing this simple maneuver because they are so narrow minded and think the game is all about auto attacking one target spaming skill until it dies, specially people who play meelee classes tend to think like that. This is a simple way to counter and ANY CLASS can do it.

I known the skill is 7X7 area and does 5 hits or more but you will only take all of hits if you stay in the area the entire duration like a noob. So, unless you got rooted by druid or something there is no excuse to take more than 1 hit from banner. Its just like necromancer nightmare, you put 4 skill point on it but it will be the same as level 1 if your team hit the nightmare. If you are smart enough to evade level 4 banner, that's 3 skill points countered in that match.

Think about it. I play on MC side and always thought paladin were weak. Let then have this one good skill.

no man.. 2 vs 2 is 1 thing but try to think in 5 vs 5 or in war... elves have lot of stuns (& damage). In 5 vs 5 they can very easy detect rogue stealth & stun atleast one member of opponent party.. then use banner who decrease defence & hit 300 x5, u are dead.. palas are also very hard to kill, can use heavy equip & have big damage & heal.

Many ppl complain about this, i don t think we re a mass of idiots

My rogue:

Over 3k def.

Close to 2k mdef.

Close to 3k hp.

Close to 600 damage.

Fetter > banner > 2 blows > dead.

Interesting yes?

2 vs 2 is easy and no need to runaway from the banner, elves sucks in 2v2

like xxdeathxx posted, try it at war or 5v5 arena against palas banner(s)..