New server ideas.

Azebu

Okay, I have two pretty interesting ideas for unique servers.

1. Hardcore server.

Simply enough, when you die, you die for good. Your items stay in the corpse, for your slayer to pick up. Your level goes back to 1, and you land in starting area.

Default exp/drop rate is increased by 2-3x, and you get extra 2x exp bonus until reaching the moment you've died at.

2. Decay server.

The biggest problem today, is that when you get max level, best gear, and everything, there is nothing to do. A simple solution is that your items, or even your characters, vanish after a period of time. For items, it would be a week, and characters would have a month to live. Furthermore, if possible, your current name will be unusable for three next months - so you have to adapt a new name, and start from scratch, without friends and guildmates.

Drop rate would be boosted here too, to provide more dynamic play style. Nobody would want to spend their week farming for one certain item, just to lose everything else.

Discuss.

Lol there would be no players at hardcore server, and these servers would not generate income for items that vanish. Wouldn't wanna amp my gear If they disappear. I might as well throw a wad of money out my car window

Hardcore server would be fun if you would reduce the damage from other players. Grinding for a week and getting one-shotted by a 2k crit from rogue wouldn't be fun

Lol there would be no players at hardcore server, and these servers would not generate income for items that vanish. Wouldn't wanna amp my gear If they disappear. I might as well throw a wad of money out my car window

I've played some games with hardcore servers, and they're swarmed with people. The 2-3x bonus is enough to encourage many players.

There definitely will be people who'll amp their gear. But signs aren't only money maker. Potions (both HP/MP recovery, as well as exp/AP to boost the gains even further, can you imagine 12x more exp?), arena tickets, guild signs, costumes (I think those shouldn't drop on death), novice sets, and probably more. Hell, maybe even amp rates could be increased (to counter that, the amp level would go back to 0 when you kill someone).

1000$, poof!!!  ;D

And no, no, no. That is a bit extreme for me.

That's the point. High risk, high reward. You could hunt lab for an hour or two and leave with your dream weapon. Or maybe catch some elves on their way back?

Hardcore server would be fun if you would reduce the damage from other players. Grinding for a week and getting one-shotted by a 2k crit from rogue wouldn't be fun

Reducing damage? What is this, non-pvp server? Get some friends and go PK others instead.

As mentioned, increased drop rates are necessary. To around 5-10x I think.