Reaper Review and Guide [11.0.0]

Khrone

The Reaper is... let's say, not what i expected. And i think a lot of the Legion players feel the same. It's not bad, it just feels confusing to play. 

While the Beastmaster is pretty simple to play (use skill on minion, if it's not present, the effect goes to you instead), the Reaper has to remember the new effects of a lot of skills.

Also, i don't think we should compare it with what people would say that is its Sentinel counterpart, the Blade Dancer, because the two classes are totally different.

жнец.png Reaper

Faction: Forsaken

Armor: Light, Heavy

Weapon: one-handed swords (basic), one-handed axes, daggers

Role: damage-dealing, melee combat, physical damage, weakness of enemies

Basic Skills

потрошение.png Evisceration (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 7 sec.
A physical attack that deals increased damage to the enemy and accumulates 1\1\2\2\2 of hatred.

In demonic form, the skill does not accumulate “Hate”.

Basic damage skill, there is no need to level it up more than 3/5.

The damage is good, but there are better skill to level up.

демон облич.png Demonic Appearance (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 18 sec.

Turns a character into a demon for the duration of the skill. Demonic form is available for use when a 12 pts of "Hate" is accumulated. While the skill is active, 1 pts of "Hate" is consumed every second. As soon as the "Hate" ends, the skill will automatically turn off. 

In demonic form, the character's maximum health and energy increase by 5\10\15\20\24%. Bonuses to the "Attack speed" parameter cease to affect the character, but instead the "Skill recharge" parameter increases by 85\95\115\125\140% depending on the lost bonus. Skill of permanent action.

ненависть.png Hate (passive)

Spoiler

Gives access to the unique resource "Hate", which allows you to use the "Demonic Appearance" skill. Successful auto-attacks of the character accumulate certain amount of resourse. When being out of combat for some time, the character begins to lose “Hate”.

In demonic form, auto-attacks do not accumulate “Hate”. 

In PvE it is an amazing skill because of its huge amount of healing, in 5/5 it is almost the same as Barbarian's Combat Fury. I hope this is not a bug, because without this skill, the Reaper has no sustain.

However in PvP, it is basically impossible to use Demonic Appearance, and i think that is because of the passive that doesn't let the player reach the necessary amount of Hate to transform before dying. 

I could give a suggestion to give more ways to stack Hate, but that wouldn't help that much since we already have a expert skill for that.

потустор рывок.png Otherworldly Boost (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 14 sec.
Moves the character to the specified area and applies the "Fetters of the Dead" debuff to opponents for 4\4\5\5\6 sec. The effect slows the targets down by 8\14\20\26\35%.

In demonic form, the skill also applies the "Bleeding" debuff to the affected targets for 8 sec. The opponent receives periodic physical damage in the amount of 20\25\30\35\40% from physical power of character every 2 seconds, and you can apply several effects to one opponent.

This skill without the effects of Demonic Appearance is useless. It's just AoE Slow.

Also, the description of the Bleeding effect says you can apply "several effects to one opponent" but its duration and the skill cooldown won't let you apply more than 1.

Suggestion 1: Just add a new effect to this skill. Damage, shield, defense reduction, anything.

Suggestion 2: Stacks 1 Hate for each enemy hit with this skill, up to X.

Suggestion 3: Bleeding would be applied even without the demon form.

During the effects of Demonic Appearance, applies 2 stacks of Bleeding.

Not my favorite suggestion, since 2 stacks would make the damage too high.

снисхож хаоса.png Indulgence of Chaos (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 28 sec.

Applies the "Gifts of Chaos" buff to a character for 12\14\16\18\20 sec. The effect increases the "Critical hit" by 5\8\11\13\15% and "Attack speed" by 7\9\11\13\15%.

Pretty straightforward skill, there is nothing i can say about it.

цепи преиспод.png Chains of the Underworld (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 18 sec.
Chains the enemy to the spot and decreases the target's "Skill recharge" parameter by 15\20\25\30\35% for 3\3.5\4\4\5 sec.

In demonic form, the effect of the skill is additionally applied to opponents within a radius of 2 yards from the main target.

It is a simple skill, totally focused in PvP.

The range during Demonic Appearance sounds pretty good though.

Expert Skills

превознесение.png Exaltation (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 10 sec.
Increases the physical strength of the character by 8\12\16\20% and the "Penetration" parameter by 6\8\8\10% for the duration of the skill.

In demonic form, the skill also increases skill damage by 10\15\20\25%. Skill of permanent action.

Amazing active skill for a damage dealing class, and the demonic form effect matches the Attack Speed > Skill Cooldown mechanic, since you'll use skills more often.

отложен смерть.png Delayed Death (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 32 sec.
Applies the "Delayed death" buff to a character for 10\11\12\14 sec. The effect absorbs 40\50\65\80% of the damage dealt to the character by auto-attacks and skills with instant damage and deals the "Impending death" debuff to the character. The effect deals absorbed damage to the character for 8 seconds, every 2 seconds.

In theory, it sounds bad. You'll absorb damage but it will come back and hit your face in the future. However, in practice, during these few seconds of advantage you could use HP potions, a support could heal you, etc.

I wouldn't make it 4/4 though.

аннигиляция.png Annihilation (active)

Spoiler

An attack that deals physical damage to the enemy in the amount of 120\145\170\200% from physical power of character. Each accumulated “Hate” unit increases the critical damage of the skill by 2\2.5\3\3.5%.

In demonic form, the skill is guaranteed to deal critical damage, and the bonus to critical damage depends on the maximum amount of hate.

Probably one of the best skills of the Reaper. In 4/4, the buff to critical damage is 56% at full Hate stacks.

длань преиспод.png Hand of the Underworld (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 22 sec.
A series of two attacks that deal physical damage to the enemy in the amount of 55\65\75\90% from physical power of character. Also deals the "Stun" debuff to the enemy for 2.5\3\4\5 sec., if both attacks have dealt damage.

In demonic form, skill damage cannot be blocked, parried, or dodged. The duration of stun also increases for 0.5\1\1\1.5 sec.

No comments about this skill, besides the fact that the demonic effect of this skill is really good.

непокол воля.png Unwavering Will (passive)

Spoiler

Applies the "Unwavering" buff to the character for 12 sec. when they are dealt 6\5\4\3 debuffs. The "Unwavering" effect allows you to ignore the debuff received by the character, including the control effect. Ignoring any debuff removes one "Unwavering" buff.

When switched to demonic form, 2 "Unwavering" buffs are applied to the character.

A lot of people complain about this skill and i thought they were wrong, but then i realized how the skill really works.

Basically, after ignoring 3 debuffs, you ignore the 4th, so theoretically, you ignore 25% of debuffs.

During demonic form, you ignore the 4th and the 5th, so 40% of debuffs.

Honestly, i don't know what to suggest.

взрыв хаоса.png Explosion of Chaos (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 25 sec.

Deals the "Impending catastrophe" buff to the character for 2.5 sec. After the effect expires, the character deals increased physical damage in the amount of 85\100\115\130% from physical power to all enemies within a one-yard radius.

In demonic form, damage is dealt instantly, and the penetration ability of the skill increases by 4\6\8\10%.

This is a pretty good AoE damage skill, and if the penetration of the demonic version of this skill stacks with the one of Exaltation, it is 20% penetration. Do i have to say more?

приближ безум.png Approach of Madness (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 45 sec.

Instantly accumulates a 4\5\6\7 of hate and applies the "Blood frenzy" buff to the character for 10\12\14\16 sec. The effect increases the amount of hate that the character accumulates when attacking with the "Evisceration" skill, by 1.

In demonic form, the skill is not available for use.

It sounds good, but i don't think you should spend points just to get 1/2/3 more Hate and 2/4/6 seconds for using the skill. There are better skills to level up.

отмщение.png Revenge (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 30 sec.

Deals the "Revenge" debuff to all opponents in the specified area and the "Vengeance" buff to the character for 6\8\10\12 sec. While the buff is in effect, 50\56\62\70% of the damage dealt to the character by auto-attacks and skills with instant damage is evenly applied to targets under the influence of the debuff.

Is it supposed to work as Blade Dancer's Counterattack? Not a good skill, not a bad one. Just leave it at 1/4.

черная метка.png Black Mark (active)

Spoiler

Deals the "Black Mark" debuff to the enemy for 16 sec. In case of death of the target, while the debuff is in effect, it deals the "Inspiration" buff to the character and the group members for 15\20\25\30 sec. The effect increases the "Accuracy" parameter by 12\15\18\22%, as well as physical and magical protection by 10\18\25\35%. The members of the character's group will receive half of this bonus.

It is the weirdest skill of the class, and honestly, i don't know what to say about it.

Key Class Talents

дьявол сущность.png Essence of the Devil

Spoiler

The "Demonic Appearance" skill will not expend hatred for 2 seconds after use.

So if you have the maximum of 16 Hate, you can stay at demon form up to 18 seconds. Not that amazing, to be honest.

опустош вспышка.png Devastating Flash

Spoiler

Increases the damage of the "Explosion of Chaos" skill by 15%. In demonic form, the skill deals the "Stun" debuff to all affected opponents for 3 sec. After application, it automatically disables the "Demonic Appearance" skill.

It technically turns a PvE skill into a PvP one - with a drawback: You'll have to wait 18 seconds again to use Demonic Appearance. Kinda situational.

возвыш над смертью.png Rise above Death

Spoiler

Increases the duration of the positive effect of the "Delayed Death" skill for 2 sec. Removes the negative effect of the "Delayed Death" skill from the character when switched to demonic form.

To be honest, i don't know how this talent really works since it was bugged in the test server, so no comments about it.

шир размах.png Wide Scope

Spoiler

The "Annihilation" skill also deals damage randomly to a target within a radius of 2 yards. Additional attack damage reduced by 35%.

35% of 200% is still 70%, so no complaints about this talent.

Builds*

*Remember that it is just my opinion, you can build the way you want

PvE:

потрошение.png Evisceration - 3/5

демон облич.png Demonic Appearance - 5/5

снисхож хаоса.png Indulgence of Chaos - 5/5

превознесение.png Exaltation - 4/4

аннигиляция.png Annihilation - 4/4

взрыв хаоса.png Explosion of Chaos - 4/4

OR

приближ безум.png Approach of Madness - 4/4

PvP:

потрошение.png Evisceration - 3/5

демон облич.png Demonic Appearance - 5/5

цепи преиспод.png Chains of the Underworld* - 5/5

длань преиспод.png Hand of the Underworld - 4/4

непокол воля.png Unwavering Will - 4/4

приближ безум.png Approach of Madness - 4/4

OR

отложен смерть.png Delayed Death - 4/4

OR

опустош вспышка.png Devastating Flash** - 4/4

*Note how even in PvP builds, the skill Otherwordly Boost is useless.

**For mass PvP events

And that's it, folks!

I hope you liked this review and if there is something you don't agree with, i would like to hear your opinion.

Edited by Khrone

10 hours ago, Khrone said:

цепи преиспод.png Chains of the Underworld (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Chains the enemy to the spot and decreases the target's "Skill recharge" parameter by 15\20\25\30\35% for 3\3.5\4\4\5 sec.

In demonic form, the effect of the skill is additionally applied to opponents within a radius of 2 yards from the main target.

Same as Indulgence of Chaos, it is a simple skill. 1/5 for PvE and 5/5 for PvP.

The range during Demonic Appearance sounds pretty good though.

I find this skill mostly useless overall. 5/5 only increases it to 5 seconds. The cd debuff does not matter much in my opinion. Range in Demon mode may sound good...but I doubt anyone has time to even think of that skill. As we will be spamming all dps skills in Demon mode.

And this seems useful against melee targets or if someone is trying to kite/run. But will likely have no use with ranged classes.

взрыв хаоса.png Explosion of Chaos (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 25 sec.

Deals the "Impending catastrophe" buff to the character for 2.5 sec. After the effect expires, the character deals increased physical damage in the amount of 85\100\115\130% from physical power to all enemies within a one-yard radius.

In demonic form, damage is dealt instantly, and the penetration ability of the skill increases by 4\6\8\10%.

This is a pretty good AoE damage skill, and if the penetration of the demonic version of this skill stacks with the one of Exaltation, it is 20% penetration. Do i have to say more?

It has a long cooldown. In normal mode the aoe can be missed, as there is a delay before the aoe triggers. But overall good skill.

черная метка.png Black Mark (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Deals the "Black Mark" debuff to the enemy for 16 sec. In case of death of the target, while the debuff is in effect, it deals the "Inspiration" buff to the character and the group members for 15\20\25\30 sec. The effect increases the "Accuracy" parameter by 12\15\18\22%, as well as physical and magical protection by 10\18\25\35%. The members of the character's group will receive half of this bonus.

It is the weirdest skill of the class, and honestly, i don't know what to say about it.

I saw some builds making Black Mark 4/4 but i don't think it is worth these 3 points.

I think its situational. It has no use in Boss fights or duels. But if you kill weak adds with it during questing or dg, the buffs seems quite good. And also acts as a good party support skill.

20 hours ago, Khrone said:

Delayed Death (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 32 sec.
Applies the "Delayed death" buff to a character for 10\11\12\14 sec. The effect absorbs 40\50\65\80% of the damage dealt to the character by auto-attacks and skills with instant damage and deals the "Impending death" debuff to the character. The effect deals absorbed damage to the character for 8 seconds, every 2 seconds.

In theory, it sounds bad. You'll absorb damage but it will come back and hit your face in the future. However, in practice, during these few seconds of advantage you could use HP potions, a support could heal you, etc. I wouldn't make it 4/4 though.

works much better with the talent, it completely removes the debuff and gives you 2 more seconds of effect when in demonic form

Screenshot_20220908-151415.thumb.jpg.15220e406cbeb634eabe1250cfef4629.jpg

Edited by Fabr

8 hours ago, Fabr said:

So I think I got it all wrong? this class is too confusing

Basically the talent stops the debuff when in demon form, but after that the Reaper still takes damage 🤷🏽‍♂️

6 hours ago, Baphometh said:

Basically the talent stops the debuff when in demon form, but after that the Reaper still takes damage 🤷🏽‍♂️

That's so dumb

• Khrone changed the title to Reaper Review and Guide [11.0.0]