Beastmaster Review and Guide [11.0.0]

Khrone

The Beastmaster is really fun to play, it is a pet-summoning class that will be almost always seen with a strong jaguar by its side.

We can't actually compare it with the Charmer, since the Beastmaster is a full damage class* while the Charmer is a bit of everything: damager, supporter and tank, the only similarity is the focus on the minions.

However, this class' focus is higher, since almost every skill has something related to the Moon Monster, while the Charmer only has 2 skills related to the minions.

*Some people could say the BM is support too, but the only skills that look like it are  Blessing of the Moon and  Proximity to Nature. I'll talk about these skills later.

Note: In this post, i'll refer to Beastmaster as BM and Moon Monster as MM.

ловчий.png Beastmaster

Faction: Firstborn

Armor: Cloth, Light

Weapon: spear (basic), two-handed maces, two-handed swords, two-handed axes, staff

Role: group support, range/melee attacks, mixed damage, control and weakness of enemies

Basic Skills

лунное касание.png Moon Touch (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 11 sec.

A magic attack that deals increased damage to the enemy and deals the "Moon Touch" debuff for 4\5\5\6\6 sec. The effect increases the damage received by the target from the Moon Monster by 5\7\10\13\15%.

The single-target damage is good (but still weaker than 1 hit of the Moon Monster) and the secondary effect is also useful.

It isn't good enough to level up to 5/5, but it is pretty good at 3/5.

new_class4_icon_16.png Beast Awakening (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 30 sec.
Summons the Moon Monster to the character for the duration of the skill. The monster's base health is equal to 90\100\110\120\130% of the character's base health. Physical and magical protection equals 90\100\110\120\130% of the character's physical and magical protection. The monster has a base physical strength that increases by 70\80\90\100\110% of the character's physical strength and by 35\45\55\65\75% of the character's magical strength. Every 8\8\7\6\5 auto attacks the monster deals damage to all targets within a  radius of 2 yards. The monster follows the character and attacks the same target as the character, up to 6 yards away from the character. When the skill is disabled, the monster disappears. Skill of permanent action.

Literally the main focus of the class, there is nothing more i can say about it. 

The only things i don't like about it are:

•  It is a bit squishy even with the Healing skill (at least in my experience). But maybe that's how it is supposed to work, since the BM is a damage class and the aggro would be on the tank of the party, therefore, taking it from the Moon Monster.
  • The 30 seconds cooldown is too high for a skill that is the center of 90% of the skills. But since pretty much every skill that would affect the jaguar will affect the character instead if the minion is not present (except 3 of them), it is kinda acceptable.

приказ к атаке.png Order to Attack (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 10 sec.

Forces the Moon Monster to attack the selected target for 10 sec. and deals the "Attacking beast" buff to it for 10 sec. The effect increases movement speed by 10\15\20\25\30% and physical strength by 5\10\15\20\25%. The effect disappears when the Moon makes a successful auto attack. During the effect, the monster can attack up to 12 yards away from the character.

The damage is low (for comparison, Chieftain's skill increase the damage of the next auto attack by almost 200%) and the movement speed is ok.

врачевание.png Healing (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 14 sec.
Instantly restores 5\8\10\12\15% of the maximum health to the Moon Monster and deals the "Healing" buff to it for 12 sec. The effect restores health in the amount of 15\22\30\40\50% of the character's magic power every 3 seconds. 

If there is no Moon Monster, then the skill is applied to the character.

There is not too much i can say about it. It is a healing skill, it heals the minion with a single press of a button.

Definitely would make it 5/5.

There is only one problem with this skill: Sometimes, the Moon Monster has full HP while the player is at low health and needs to heal. 

It can be fixed by using Animal Rampage, but until that, you will face some problems.

Suggestion: Make the player able to choose between healing itself or the Moon Monster.

цеп молния.png Chain Lightning (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 19 sec.

An attack that deals predominant physical or magical damage in the amount of 55\65\75\85\95% of the character's physical power or 100\115\130\145\160% of the character's magical power and applies the "Stun" debuff to an enemy for 2\2.5\3\3.5\4.5 sec. In case of successfully dealing damage, the skill attacks the next target within a radius of 2 yards from the main one. With each subsequent target, the damage inflicted by the skill decreases by 10%.

The damage is low if your predominant damage is physical and it only hits subsequent targets if you hit the previous one, so the AoE is kinda based on chance.

Also, considering the damage decreases with each target, it makes the skill a bit less useful.

I would let it at 1/5, unless it's a PvP build. In that case, make it 5/5.

Expert Skills

звериное буйс.png Animal Rampage (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 26 sec.
Apply the “Rampage” buff on the Moon Monster for на 8\9\9\10 sec. The effect increases physical strength by 10\15\20\25% and the “Attack Speed” parameter by 10\15\20\30%. During the effect, restores the character's health in amount of 10\15\20\25% from the damage dealt by the monster.

The buff for the minion is amazing and the side effect of healing the character makes it a perfect skill.

In a PvE build, i would definitely make it 4/4.

душ связь.png Soul Connection (passive)

Spoiler

The damage taken by the character is reduced by 1.5\2\2.5\3.5% for every 10% of the Moon monster's health. Each time a Monster heals 10% of its maximum health, the character heals own health by 0.9\1.2\1.8\2.5% depending on the maximum health of the monster.

In theory, it sounds like a good skill, but there are better ones to level up, and also, the numbers are pretty disappointing.

Let's analyze it in 4/4:

• You take 35% less damage when the minion is at full health, but i doubt it will stay at more than 80% health in a normal gameplay.
  • Everytime you heal 10% of the minion's health (easily achieved by a 3/5 Healing), you heal 2.5% of your own. A character with exactly 6000 HP would heal 150. If it was in 1/4 it would be acceptable, but 4/4?

Suggestion 1: Increase the damage reduction by around 50% and the healing to 100% (that is, double it) in every level. That would give 50% damage reduction and 5% heal in 4/4.

Suggestion 2: Change the damage reduction effect to something like:

Redirects 25% of the damage taken by the Moon Monster to the player.

So if the MM would take 1000 damage, it would instead take 750 damage while the character would take 250.

символ леса.png Forest Symbol (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 24 sec.
Places the deadly vine in the specified area for 12 sec. Every 3 seconds, the vine deals the "Earth bonds" debuff to the enemy within a radius of 3 yards for 3\3.5\4.5\6 sec. The effect chains the opponent to the spot and reduces the "Attack speed" parameter by 10\15\20\25%.

If you're PvE, 1/4 or just don't buy it at all, if you're PvP, 4/4.

No other comments about this skill.

двойн концентр.png Double Concentration (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 22 sec.

Apply to the Moon Monster a "Double Concentration" buff for 12 sec. Each successful monster auto-attack applies the “Beast Sense” buff to the character for 12 sec. The effect increases the "Skill Cooldown" parameter by 4\6\8\10% and the amount of critical damage and healing by 2\3\4\6%. The maximum number of effects is 4.

If there is no Moon Monster, then it imposes the "Single Concentration" buff on the character for 8 sec. The effect increases the "Skill Cooldown" parameter by 15\20\25\35%.

In lower levels, it has low numbers (except for the CD), so it is a good skill but definitely not the first one you would buy.

лун свет.png Moonlight (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 14 sec.
Reduces the enemy's movement speed by 8\14\20\30% for 10 sec. and applies the “Moonlight” debuff to them for 8 sec. The effect deals magic damage equal to 20\25\30\40% of the character's magic power every 2 seconds. Auto-attacks of Moon Monster refresh the duration of the effect.

It is not bad, it is not good.

The effect alone seems kinda bad, in 4/4 it just gives 30% Slow for 10 seconds and 160% magical damage (in total).

However, there is the mechanic that every auto attack of the MM refresh the duration of the Moonlight debuff. That is, even if the jaguar attack in the last second, it will reset the duration to 8 seconds. 

It is basically an infinite source of medium but periodical damage. There are better skills though.

аура леса.png Aura of the forest (active)

Spoiler

Apply to the Moon Monster an attack "Forest Aura" buff for 10 sec. The effect deals periodic magic damage in the amount of 40\60\80\110% of the character's magic power to all enemies in a radius of 1 yard every 2 sec. When the Monster takes instant damage from skills and auto-attacks, the damage of the effect increases by 2\3\4\5%, but not more than 20%.

If there is no Moon Monster, then it imposes an attacking "Forest Aura” buff on the character for 10 sec. The effect deals periodic magic damage in the amount of 40\60\80\110% of the character's magic power to all enemies in a radius of 1 yard every 2 sec.

The damage is really good and the pet will always be the one to be attacked instead of the character anyways, so there is no reason to NOT use this skill.

благосл луны.png Blessing of the Moon (active)

Spoiler

Applies the "Blessing of the Moon" buff to the character or an ally for 15\18\21\24 sec. The effect increases the "Critical hit" by 8\10\13\16% and "Penetration" by 5\6\7\8%.

The only buff skill that can be used on allies, although you can also use it on the MM.

The numbers are pretty high and the duration is long enough to make it technically an infinite skill in 4/4, so it is definitely a good skill.

возвращ к истокам.png Return to the Roots (active)

Spoiler

Orders the Moon Monster to return to the character and increases its movement speed by 25\35\45\55%. During the return, the monster is invulnerable. When returning, the monster removes 1\2\2\3 debuffs from the character, including control effects.

If there is no Moon Monster, it removes 1\2\2\3 debuffs from the character, including control effects, and applies the "Tailwind" buff to the character for 6 sec. This buff increases the character's movement speed by 15\20\25\35%.

Like Forest Symbol, it's just a PvP skill. 

If you're PvP, make it 4/4 for the debuff removal.

If you're PvE, 1/4 is enough, at least to make the MM come back to you. 

близ к прир.png Proximity to Nature (active)

Spoiler

Cooldown: 32 sec.

Applies the “Tree Cover” buff on the character for 3\4\5\6 sec. The character cannot be attacked, and he loses the ability to move, use skills, auto-attack and use items. During the duration of the effect, the character and all allies within a 3 yards periodically regenerate health in the amount of 30\35\40\45% of the character's magic power every 1 second, and receive the “Forest Protection buff”, which increases the physical and magical protection of targets by 10\15\20\25% for 8\10\12\14 sec.

The most controversial skill of the class.

And i agree with all complaints about it. It just don't fit the whole skill set.

The Beastmaster is a damage class, why does it have a Immunity + AoE Healing + Defense Buff?

And if you calculate it, at 4/4 it heals 45% of the character's magic power every 1 second during 6 seconds. In total, it is 270% of the magic power in area. 

This is not acceptable for a damage class.

Suggestion: Honestly? My opinion would be to rework the whole skill. There is no point in it. If it only healed the character and the MM while gave a weaker Defense buff to allies, or with a lower duration, it would be a bit less broken.

Key Class Talents

резонанс.png Resonance

Spoiler

With a 50% chance deals the "Stun" debuff to additional targets of the "Chain Lightning" skill. The stun duration decreases by 15% with each new target.

Perfect talent for PvP, but again, the same problems continues: if it misses one enemy, the whole chain breaks.

воссоединение.png Reunion

Spoiler

The "Return to the Roots" skill instantly moves the character to the Moon Monster. The monster gets an increase in movement speed from the skill and for the "Resistance" parameter by 100% for 6 sec.

A PvP talent for a PvP skill. It is great for the fact that it removes debuff from the character and now it gives 100% Resistance to the jaguar.

полнолуние.png Full Moon

Spoiler

When using the "Blessing of the Moon" skill on a character or ally, the skill's effect is also applied to the Moon Monster. The duration of the effect is reduced for 4 sec.

This talent make you able to use the skill on both you and the Moon Monster, so it is a great one, even with 4 seconds less on the duration.

As i said before, the skill in 4/4 is technically infinite, so the duration reduction is not a big problem.

могущ природы.png Power of Nature

Spoiler

Increases the damage dealt by the "Aura of the Forest" skill by 15%. When used, the skill gets the maximum damage bonus.

The only drawback from this skill is not getting the full damage if the pet is not hit.

This talent ignore this penalty and increase the damage even more, so it makes a good skill even better.

Builds*

*Remember that it is just my opinion, you can build the way you want

PvE: 

new_class4_icon_16.png Beast Awakening - 5/5

врачевание.png Healing - 5/5

лунное касание.png Moon Touch - 3/5

OR

цеп молния.png Chain Lightning - 3/5

звериное буйс.png Animal Rampage - 4/4

аура леса.png Aura of the forest - 4/4

благосл луны.png Blessing of the Moon - 4/4

OR

двойн концентр.png Double Concentration - 4/4

PvP:

цеп молния.png Chain Lightning - 5/5

врачевание.png Healing - 3/5 (or any other skill)

символ леса.png Forest Symbol - 4/4

возвращ к истокам.png Return to the Roots - 4/4

близ к прир.png Proximity to Nature - 4/4

And that's it, folks!

I hope you liked this review and if there is something you don't agree with, i would like to hear your opinion.

Edited by Khrone
Edited opinions about skills and added info

58 minutes ago, Khrone said:

ловчий.png Beastmaster

Faction: Firstborn

Armor: Cloth, Light

Weapon: spear (basic), two-handed maces, two-handed swords, two-handed axes, staff

Role: group support, range/melee attacks, mixed damage, control and weakness of enemies

Basic Skills

лунное касание.png Moon Touch (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 11 sec.

A magic attack that deals increased damage to the enemy and deals the "Moon Touch" debuff for 4\5\5\6\6 sec. The effect increases the damage received by the target from the Moon Monster by 5\7\10\13\15%.

Honestly, it's just a basic damage skill. It's not bad, it's not good, it's just extra damage.

The secondary effect is good, but not worth it compared to the other basic skills.

This effect acumulates? I mean receive 2 debuffs from 2 Tamers, I dont know how they make insane damage to my charmer being PvP. Always focus on me, sad...

new_class4_icon_16.png Beast Awakening (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 30 sec.
Summons the Moon Monster to the character for the duration of the skill. The monster's base health is equal to 90\100\110\120\130% of the character's base health. Physical and magical protection equals 90\100\110\120\130% of the character's physical and magical protection. The monster has a base physical strength that increases by 70\80\90\100\110% of the character's physical strength and by 35\45\55\65\75% of the character's magical strength. Every 8\8\7\6\5 auto attacks the monster deals damage to all targets within a  radius of 2 yards. The monster follows the character and attacks the same target as the character, up to 6 yards away from the character. When the skill is disabled, the monster disappears. Skill of permanent action.

Literally the main focus of the class, there is nothing more i can say about it. 

•  It is a bit squishy even with the Healing skill (at least in my experience). But maybe that's how it is supposed to work, since the BM is a damage class and the aggro would be on the tank, therefore, taking it from the Moon Monster.
  • The 30 seconds cooldown is too high for a skill that is the center of 90% of the skills. But since pretty much every skill that would affect the tiger will affect the character instead if the minion is not present (except 3 of them), it is kinda acceptable.

The CD should be 20 seconds like Charmer's summons. If the moonster dies, if that happen... I never saw it summon dead xD.

I suggest rework summon appearance to be more fat, I like fat tiggers (>-~-)>

I can't understand why the summons are dying of hungry. Everyone is a bad Summon's trainer. Give it food!

приказ к атаке.png Order to Attack (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 10 sec.

Forces the Moon Monster to attack the selected target for 10 sec. and deals the "Attacking beast" buff to it for 10 sec. The effect increases movement speed by 10\15\20\25\30% and physical strength by 5\10\15\20\25%. The effect disappears when the Moon makes a successful auto attack. During the effect, the monster can attack up to 12 yards away from the character.

Uuuh... i don't know what to say about this skill, it just gives 1 better auto attack to the MM. It's ok, i guess? 

I wouldn't make it 5/5 though. Like Moon Touch, it is not worth it compared to the other skills, so i'd make it 3/5.

Yea I'm not agree 100% with 1 auto attack because is unfair for them, I suggest 3 autoattacks but reduce damage, because that "moonster" is Tank summon, hard to kill.

But they are damage spear so 3 autoattacks is dangerous for torture enemies.

врачевание.png Healing (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 14 sec.
Instantly restores 5\8\10\12\15% of the maximum health to the Moon Monster and deals the "Healing" buff to it for 12 sec. The effect restores health in the amount of 15\22\30\40\50% of the character's magic power every 3 seconds. 

If there is no Moon Monster, then the skill is applied to the character.

There is not too much i can say about it. It is a healing skill, it heals the minion with a single press of a button. Definitely would make it 5/5.

Suggestion: Make the player able to choose between healing itself or the Moon Monster.

Agree

цеп молния.png Chain Lightning (active)

Reveal hidden contents

Cooldown: 19 sec.

An attack that deals predominant physical or magical damage in the amount of 55\65\75\85\95% of the character's physical power or 100\115\130\145\160% of the character's magical power and applies the "Stun" debuff to an enemy for 2\2.5\3\3.5\4.5 sec. In case of successfully dealing damage, the skill attacks the next target within a radius of 2 yards from the main one. With each subsequent target, the damage inflicted by the skill decreases by 10%.

It's an acceptable skill, but it kind of gets out of the theme. It doesn't directly help the Moon Monster in any way, it doesn't match the "forest" or the "moon" theme of the BM. It actually looks like a Druid skill, but it is what it is.

I would let it at 1/5, unless it's a PvP build.

Yea it's decent but, is another AoE stun to Sentinels...

Someone suggested that mechanic to Shaman, because they really need this, and developers ignore it, now see they added to Tamer...

Expert Skills

душ связь.png Soul Connection (passive)

Reveal hidden contents

The damage taken by the character is reduced by 1.5\2\2.5\3.5% for every 10% of the Moon monster's health. Each time a Monster heals 10% of its maximum health, the character heals own health by 0.9\1.2\1.8\2.5% depending on the maximum health of the monster.

In theory, it sounds like a good skill, but as i said before, there are better skills to level up, and also, the numbers are pretty disappointing.

Let's analyze it in 4/4:

• You take 35% less damage when the minion is at full health, but i doubt it will stay at more than 80% health in a normal gameplay.
  • Everytime you heal 10% of the minion's health (easily achieved by a 3/5 Healing), you heal 2.5% of your own. A character with exactly 6000 HP would heal 150. If it was in 1/4 it would be acceptable, but 4/4?

Suggestion 1: Increase the damage reduction by around 50% and the healing by 100% (that is, double it) in every level.

Suggestion 2: Change the effect to something like:

Redirects 25% of the damage taken by the Moon Monster to the player.

Everytime the Moon Monster gets healed, the character also gets healed by 25% of the original effect.

So if the MM would take 1000 damage, it would instead take 750 damage while the character would take 250.

And if the MM would heal 1000 HP, it would still heal the same amount while the character would heal 100 HP.

Damage reduction 50%. Tank class, passive skill? player's doesn't have enought time to kill "moonster" cause of Hight HP summon and already have a very decent control/debuff skills.

50% is excessive, look the Seeker's Talent now in my server people prefers ignore kill them like Wardens, literally we don't have any enemy decent to be killed.

Your suggestion 1 for PvP make the Tamer unbeatable, remember they use vampirism.

They should reduces it to 25% to force Tamers use Vampirism parameter like all damage class.

Your suggestion 2: Good.

символ леса.png Forest Symbol (active)

Hide contents

Places the deadly vine in the specified area for 12 sec. Every 3 seconds, the vine deals the "Earth bonds" debuff to the enemy within a radius of 3 yards for 3\3.5\4.5\6 sec. The effect chains the opponent to the spot and reduces the "Attack speed" parameter by 10\15\20\25%.

If you're PvE, 1/4 or just don't buy it at all, if you're PvP, 4/4.

No other comments about this skill.

This skill is really annoying to melee enemies cause of long time and short CD. They should reduce effect zone to 6 seconds and 20 seconds CD, rework it like Punitive Roots but with debuff decrease attack speed for 6/8 seconds, cause perjudicates a lot melee character'sblockquote widget

11 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

This effect acumulates? I mean receive 2 debuffs from 2 Tamers, I dont know how they make insane damage to my charmer being PvP. Always focus on me, sad...

I don't know, but i think it doesn't.

If it did, they would put that information in the skill description

13 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

I can't understand why the summons are dying of hungry. Everyone is a bad Summon's trainer. Give it food!

Just feed them the enemies' dead bodies lol

14 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

Yea it's decent but, is another AoE stun to Sentinels...

Only with the talent and with 50% chance

15 minutes ago, Khrone said:

I don't know, but i think it doesn't.

If it did, they would put that information in the skill description

Just feed them the enemies' dead bodies lol

Only with the talent and with 50% chance

Alright but now we have unbalance with summons xD

First thing you need to understand: Beastmaster is not a damage only.

7 часов назад, Khrone сказал:

Honestly, it's just a basic damage skill. It's not bad, it's not good, it's just extra damage.

The secondary effect is good, but not worth it compared to the other basic skills.

in fact it is a very strong skill. Increases Moon Beast damage by up to 15% for 6s in addition to dealing very high magic damage.

•  It is a bit squishy even with the Healing skill (at least in my experience). But maybe that's how it is supposed to work, since the BM is a damage class and the aggro would be on the tank, therefore, taking it from the Moon Monster.
  • The 30 seconds cooldown is too high for a skill that is the center of 90% of the skills. But since pretty much every skill that would affect the tiger will affect the character instead if the minion is not present (except 3 of them), it is kinda acceptable.

the Lunar beast has some problems, but knowing how to get around these problems is what will make the difference when playing with this class.

Uuuh... i don't know what to say about this skill, it just gives 1 better auto attack to the MM. It's ok, i guess? 

I wouldn't make it 5/5 though. Like Moon Touch, it is not worth it compared to the other skills, so i'd make it 3/5.

this is not a skill to be strong, its function is mainly to control the pet, nothing more.

There is not too much i can say about it. It is a healing skill, it heals the minion with a single press of a button. Definitely would make it 5/5.

Suggestion: Make the player able to choose between healing itself or the Moon Monster

this skill is good, but I believe it can improve mainly in the way of using it

It's an acceptable skill, but it kind of gets out of the theme. It doesn't directly help the Moon Monster in any way, it doesn't match the "forest" or the "moon" theme of the BM. It actually looks like a Druid skill, but it is what it is.

I would let it at 1/5, unless it's a PvP build

this skill has very high damage and in area, even for pve is an excellent skill. about not being a pet skill, not everything needs to be for our pet, after all it can be killed and at that moment we need something for us to defend

I don't really know what to say about this skill, it sounds good but i don't know if it  is that good. In 4/4 it increases 40% Skill Cooldown and 24% of Critical Damage and Healing.

Level it up if you want to.

this is the second best buff in the class. critical damage, critical healing and cooldown, at very high values, I don't see any downsides to this skill

In my opinion, it is a good skill.

The effect alone seems kinda bad, in 4/4 it just gives 30% Slow for 10 seconds and 160% magical damage (in total).

However, there is the mechanic that every auto attack of the MM refresh the duration of the Moonlight debuff. That is, even if the tiger attack in the last second, it will reset the duration to 8 seconds. 

It is basically an infinite source of periodical damage

this skill is very weak, it has low damage values, but because it is a skill that can be permanently active on the target, it is worth thinking about using it at least 1x in the fight

AoE damage skill that gets stronger everytime the minion gets hit. It sounds good, but let's think about it:

The MM rarely will aggro a group of enemies big enough to use this skill. 

The only situations where that would happen would be in dungeons or the Labyrinth, but you'll always have a tank in these situations, so the minion won't get hit, therefore you wouldn't get the side effect of the skill.

It's still AoE damage, so...

Suggestion: Activating the skill would taunt enemies around the MM to attack him.

this is one of the strongest area damage skills in the game, it has a lot of damage even on 1 single target. it will be a must to keep at 4/4 in any magical and even hybrid construction. about your suggestion simply no our pet is not tanko he aggregating mobs when using this skill would mean signing a death sentence on any endgame content

The most controversial skill of the class.

And i agree with all complaints about it. It just don't fit the whole skill set.

The Beastmaster is a damage class, why does it have a Immunity + AoE Healing + Defense Buff?

And if you calculate it, at 4/4 it heals 45% of the character's magic power every 1 second during 6 seconds. In total, it is 270% of the magic power in area. 

This is not acceptable for a damage class.

Suggestion: Honestly? My opinion would be to rework the whole skill. There is no point in it. If it only healed the character while gave a weaker Defense buff to it and its allies, or with a lower duration, it would be a bit less broken

this skill is our main healer, as well as our main source of support. an ability that works very well, there is no reason to change its effect.

Hi All. 

Firstly this is a very good post. It gives a good summary of the skills.

From my perspective, the class is somewhat good in PVE. Without life steal enchants, early levelling may require a healing minion to progress.

PVP wise I feel the class may be challenging to master. I feel it lacks good defensive skills, when the pet is summoned. While the immunity is present, it has a short duration and a long cooldown. Also it does not a strong burst dps skill. The control skills can be resisted. Though it will likely excel in Group battles, wars, etc

9 hours ago, Khrone said:

звериное буйс.png Animal Rampage (passive)

Hide contents

Apply the “Rampage” buff on the Moon Monster for на 8\9\9\10 sec. The effect increases physical strength by 10\15\20\25% and the “Attack Speed” parameter by 10\15\20\30%. During the effect, restores the character's health in amount of 10\15\20\25% from the damage dealt by the monster.

On Animal Rampage, I think this is the first time, I have seen cooldown on a passive skill. Personally I would rather have a passive that works all the time. I hope they nerf the stats in this, while removing the Cooldown. Other thing is the Attack speed. It seems attack speed applies only to the Pet. Based on what I observed, Attack speed from the character does not seem to get added.

Finally based on my testing of the character, here is my planned skill build at Lv 32 from a PVE Perspective.:

Spear (Hybrid damage - Higher Physical and Less Magic)

Basic Skills (10 Skill Points)

Moon Touch (active) - 1/5
Beast Awakening (active) - 5/5
Order to Attack (active) - 3/5
Healing (active) - 3/5
Chain Lightning (active) - 3/5

Expert Skills (9 Skill Points)

Animal Rampage (passive) - 4/4
Aura of the forest (active) - 4/4
Double Concentration (active) - 4/4 or Blessing of the Moon (active) - 4/4 [Unable to make my up mind on this. There is no active physical dps expert skill. Double concentration looks useful in long fights. While Moon gives decent stats, though one has to constantly spam it]

Rest of the experts - 1/4

Staff

Order to Attack (active) - 1/5
Healing (active) - 5/5

Moonlight (active) - 4/4
Proximity to Nature (active) - 4/4

Talents (2 points)
 If I have the patience to farm knowledge...might put them in healing or chain or Return to the Roots (active)

PVP wise, I might re-assign skills as per suggestions in main post. 

Edited by Risc
Forgot to differentiate skill builds for PVE and PVP.

7 minutes ago, Risc said:

On Animal Rampage, I think this is the first time, I have seen cooldown on a passive skill. Personally I would rather have a passive that works all the time. I hope they nerf the stats in this, while removing the Cooldown. Other thing is the Attack speed. It seems attack speed applies only to the Pet. Based on what I observed, Attack speed from the character does not seem to get added.

It is actually an active skill, i just copied it from the preview post without paying attention to the error. I'll edit it.

10 minutes ago, Risc said:

Spear (Hybrid damage - Higher Physical and Less Magic)

Order to Attack (active) - 3/5
Healing (active) - 3/5

Animal Rampage (passive) - 4/4
Double Concentration (active) - 4/4 or Blessing of the Moon (active) - 4/4 [Unable to make my up mind on this. There is no active physical dps expert skill. Double concentration looks useful in long fights. While Moon gives decent stats, though one has to constantly spam it]

Amazing build! I never thought of leveling up Chain Lighting because i thought it was a PvP-oriented skill, but the AoE damage may be useful.

I would still make Healing 5/5 because from my experience, the Moon Monster was hardly surviving.

15 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It is actually an active skill, i just copied it from the preview post without paying attention to the error. I'll edit it.

Oops...I really thought it was a passive. I guess I just assigned it points without testing it.😅

16 hours ago, Rhaast said:

in fact it is a very strong skill. Increases Moon Beast damage by up to 15% for 6s in addition to dealing very high magic damage.

It's still not that good compared to other skills.

You're gonna level up Beast Awakening to 5/5 anyways, so you have 6 more points (ignoring talents)

4 of them you're gonna probably use on Healing to keep your minion alive

You only have 2 points to use between Moon Touch, Order to Attack and Chain Lighting

Honestly, for the AoE damage and single target stun (that helps with survivability), i'd make Chain Lighting 3/5.

As you said here:

this skill has very high damage and in area, even for pve is an excellent skill. about not being a pet skill, not everything needs to be for our pet, after all it can be killed and at that moment we need something for us to defend

this is not a skill to be strong, its function is mainly to control the pet, nothing more.

True, i tested some builds and realized keeping it in 1/5 is enough.

this is the second best buff in the class. critical damage, critical healing and cooldown, at very high values, I don't see any downsides to this skill

The fact that using it without the Moon Beast will give you almost the same amount of CD (35%) that you would get if you had 4 stacks with Moon Beast alive (40%) really helps a lot

this skill is very weak, it has low damage values, but because it is a skill that can be permanently active on the target, it is worth thinking about using it at least 1x in the fight

I think it's only useful in bosses.

I used it in a fight and realized it can stack: 

Spoiler

991446750_Screenshot_20220908-080208_WarspearOnlineTest.jpg.82ddd5b9a7db535dcf434f70dd68f9ed.jpg

I don't know if it is a bug or that's supposed to happen.

If the stacks reseted with every attack from the Moon Beast, maybe the skill would deal a decent amount of damage, but only 1 stack reset per attack, so it's not that good.

about your suggestion simply no our pet is not tanko he aggregating mobs when using this skill would mean signing a death sentence on any endgame content

My suggestion about taunting enemies was based on the second effect of the skill (increasing the damage when the minion is hit), but i forgot about the talent and i doubt it wouldn't get hit at least 4 times during a normal gameplay.

this skill is our main healer, as well as our main source of support. an ability that works very well, there is no reason to change its effect.

I wouldn't mind if the skill only affected the Beastmaster, but the fact that it heals other allies and increases their defense doesn't make sense. 

It doesn't match the gameplay of Beastmaster and it's just an OP skill after all.

Edited by Khrone

2 часа назад, Khrone сказал:

It doesn't match the gameplay of Beastmaster and it's just an OP skill after all

why wouldn't it match Beastmaster's gameplay? We are a damage class that can support the group, and this ability even helps to heal our pet in times of need. I think all that needs to be done regarding this skill is a review of the healing values offered by the skill, they are a little high considering you can still critically hit with this skill.

2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

why wouldn't it match Beastmaster's gameplay? We are a damage class that can support the group, and this ability even helps to heal our pet in times of need. I think all that needs to be done regarding this skill is a review of the healing values offered by the skill, they are a little high considering you can still critically hit with this skill.

I don't even know why it is considered a support class. Except the CC skills that every class have, it has one buff skill and one healing skill.

But talking about buffs:

Chieftain has image.png.799757459dc9be3b840f1ba67102ae06.png Rugged Hide and image.png.7bb7e9dd349b08f08865e38e24377aa1.png Support of the Pack 

Mage has image.png.5b9acb173d8e349f417bc80649b55077.png Dragon Eye and image.png.4f4e4e19712cd934d79f6b4e0217f6c5.png Ennoblement

These skills don't make the Chieftain or the Mage a support class. It's just a skill that can be used on allies to help them since the game is supposed to be played in a team.

So technically, the Beastmaster is even less of a support class than the Chieftain and the Mage. Therefore, there is no reason for it to randomly have a broken AoE healing skill in its skill set.

1 час назад, Khrone сказал:

I don't even know why it is considered a support class. Except the CC skills that every class have, it has one buff skill and one healing skill.

But talking about buffs:

Chieftain has image.png.799757459dc9be3b840f1ba67102ae06.png Rugged Hide and image.png.7bb7e9dd349b08f08865e38e24377aa1.png Support of the Pack 

Mage has image.png.5b9acb173d8e349f417bc80649b55077.png Dragon Eye and image.png.4f4e4e19712cd934d79f6b4e0217f6c5.png Ennoblement

These skills don't make the Chieftain or the Mage a support class. It's just a skill that can be used on allies to help them since the game is supposed to be played in a team.

So technically, the Beastmaster is even less of a support class than the Chieftain and the Mage. Therefore, there is no reason for it to randomly have a broken AoE healing skill in its skill set.

having a healing ability is just what makes him a support. I still don't understand why he shouldn't have this in his kit.
by the way, this skill matches perfectly with the idea of the class

1 hour ago, Rhaast said:

having a healing ability is just what makes him a support.

It's like giving an aggro skill to the Ranger and saying that makes it a tank

6 часов назад, Khrone сказал:

It's like giving an aggro skill to the Ranger and saying that makes it a tank

even after so many texts, you still haven't been able to present any point that is valid against the tree. 

unfortunately it looks like crying

5 hours ago, Rhaast said:

even after so many texts, you still haven't been able to present any point that is valid against the tree. 

unfortunately it looks like crying

It's a damage class with AoE healing and Defense buff

That's the point

Reached Lv 21. Currently farming rep in Ayvondil map.

Early leveling is fully dependent on pet's (and minion if used) auto attacks. As skills can't be used if skill points are focused on pet and the energy stability relic is not equipped.

I find spear is good for single target dps.  While staff is good for heals and aoe. I have yet to test how good a magic melee would be.

• Khrone changed the title to Beastmaster Review and Guide [11.0.0]
On 9/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, Khrone said:

PvE: 

OR

цеп молния.png Chain Lightning - 3/5

аура леса.png Aura of the forest - 4/4

OR

двойн концентр.png Double Concentration - 4/4

Good build. Again depends on the stats composition.

Based on discussion with few friends on my server, I feel the below build is very good for single target physical dps. 

близ к прир.png Proximity to Nature - 4/4

Extra Talent Skill points - Chain Lightning or Double concentration

Notes: Blessing of Moon, while a magic attack, is good for its 'Moon Touch' buff. It gives a 10% Damage Increase buff for 5 seconds.

Paired with Animal Rampage, Beast Awakening and Blessing of the Moon, the crits can go as high as 4k+ on pet's auto attacks.

Proximity to Nature/aka Tree skill is for the heal, immunity and 14 seconds of defense buff.

Double concentration can also increase dps/healing...but it has a ramp up time to be effective.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, Khrone said:

Soul Connection (passive)

Reveal hidden contents

In theory, it sounds like a good skill, but there are better ones to level up, and also, the numbers are pretty disappointing.

Let's analyze it in 4/4:

On further thought, I think this will be useful for PVP/Arena. As most of the time the user is targeted, instead of pet. This can make the user bit tanky, as we have no shield if someone attacks the user first.

1 hour ago, Risc said:

On further thought, I think this will be useful for PVP/Arena. As most of the time the user is targeted, instead of pet. This can make the user bit tanky, as we have no shield if someone attacks the user first.

That makes sense, but the numbers are still too low

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bluedoh said:

Like the post, Lots of good info here. 

What experts would you guys recommend buying / investing points into First?

Just Hit lvl 20 

I'd recommend buying Animal Rampage for the damage + sustain or Proximity to Nature for the healing + immunity

4 hours ago, Bluedoh said:

Should I put the 2 pts into one or a point in each? 

2 pts into one

Distributing stats is not that good

AoE damage skill that gets stronger everytime the minion gets hit. It sounds good, but let's think about it:

The only situations where that would happen would be in dungeons or the Labyrinth, but you'll always have a tank in these situations, so the minion won't get hit, therefore you wouldn't get the side effect of the skill.

Suggestion: Activating the skill would taunt enemies around the MM to attack him.

this is one of the strongest area damage skills in the game, it has a lot of damage even on 1 single target. it will be a must to keep at 4/4 in any magical and even hybrid construction. about your suggestion simply no our pet is not tanko he aggregating mobs when using this skill would mean signing a death sentence on any endgame content

Sorry for so many questions, but is this referring to "Aura Of The Forest" ? 

7 hours ago, Bluedoh said:

AoE damage skill that gets stronger everytime the minion gets hit. It sounds good, but let's think about it:

The only situations where that would happen would be in dungeons or the Labyrinth, but you'll always have a tank in these situations, so the minion won't get hit, therefore you wouldn't get the side effect of the skill.

Sorry for so many questions, but is this referring to "Aura Of The Forest" ? 

Yes