shaman spellbook

Bloodylipa

One big problem I encountered when I started playing this game was the lack of skill/spell information. No where online or ingame does it say more specific how 'strong' things are. Yes it tells you 'shoots a powerful ball of lighting' for example but how powerful? How much does power increase to next level? Before spending points on things I like to know if they will still be worth it in later game too. So this is why I make this spell book, to help new and old shamans predict their spell outcome before spending points. This is not accurate to a specific number, since my equations are very simple with low number of variables, but they should be more then accurate to give you an idea of what the spell would preform on your character. Ok lets start...

>>

Ball lightning:

Description: Ball lightning hits the target with moon magic.

Type - active

Cast time - instant

Range - 5 yards

Energy expense - 14mp

Cooldown - 7sec

Lv1 - adds 35% extra damage, onto base moon damage.

Lv2 - adds 45% extra damage, onto base moon damage.

Lv3 - adds 55% extra damage, onto base moon damage.

Lv4 - adds 65% extra damage, onto base moon damage.

Lv5 - adds 75% extra damage, onto base moon damage.

Example: shaman with 200 moon magic.

Lv5 damage = 200*1,75 = 350

Healing spirit:

Description: Restores characters or his allys health for some time with astral magic.

Type - active

Cast time - instant

Range - 5 yards

Energy expense - 12mp

Cooldown - 10sec

Duration ~ 18secs. During this time the shaman will heal 5 times, first heal dot is delayed 3 seconds from the time you cast your spell.

With Y=astral

Heal.    Y=56. Y=83. Y=98. Y=128. Y=154. Y=181. Y=196. Y=226 

Lv1.          68.    79.      -        97.      107.    118.      124.    136.      hp/3sec

Lv2.          76.    89.    97.      112.      125.    138.      146.    161.      hp/3sec

Lv3.          83.    99.    108.    126.      142.    158.      167.    185.      hp/3sec

Lv4.          91.    110.  120.    141.      159.    178.      189.    210.      hp/3sec

Lv5.          98.    120.  132.    156.      177.    198.      210.    234.      hp/3sec

Crit heal - New for warspear v2.10.0 is the crit heal. This gives you a chance to gain a critical heal restoration from a heal tick when you are under the effect of healing spirit. And a heal crit is just as basic as a crit hit it just doubles your healing amount on succes.

does your crit heal have the same crit ratio as your crit hit? Yes. I ran a test of 6 full healing spirits (=30 healing ticks) and my healing crit ratio was within a 2% range of my crit hit ratio which I can accept as a valid result for using a relativ low number of trails (30).

Earth protection:

Description: Creates magic shield, increasing defence from any attack.

Type - active

Cast time - instant

Range - 4 yards

Energy expense - 24mp

Cooldown - 14sec

Duration ~ 25secs

Moon.                Sun.              Darkness.          Astral

Defense.    Resistance.      Resistance.      Resistance.    Resistance 

Lv1.      +3%              +3%                  +3%                    +3%                +3%

Lv2.      +4%              +4%                  +4%                    +4%                +4%

Lv3.      +5%              +5%                  +5%                    +5%                +5%

Lv4.      +6%              +6%                  +6%                    +6%                +6%

Lv5.      +7%              +7%                  +7%                    +7%                +7%

Lightning blast:

Description: blinds target for a while. The enemy cant attack or use skills, but its evasion increases for the time the skill lasts.

Type - active

Cast time - instant

Range - 5 yards

Energy expense - 20mp

Cooldown - 15sec

Blinds for Xsec.          Increase targets dodge +X%     

Lv1 -        ~1sec.                                  +28%

Lv2 -        ~2sec.                                  +26%

Lv3 -        ~3sec.                                  +24%

Lv4 -        ~4sec.                                  +22%

Lv5 -        ~5sec.                                  +20%

*blind - causes affected target to roam randomly in any direction across the area

Earthquake:

Description: causes a small earthquake reducing enemies attack speed within 2 yards. Enemies cant move during the spell.

Type - active

Cast time - 1~1.5sec

Range - 5 yards

Energy expense - 15mp

Cooldown - 15sec

Holds for X secs.        Reduces targets attack speed by X%

Lv1 -            ~2sec.                                              -12%

Lv2 -            ~3sec.                                              -14%

Lv3 -            ~4sec.                                              -16%

Lv4 -            ~5sec.                                              -18%

Lv5 -            ~6sec.                                              -20%

Hints and info on earthquake

So their is some problems with shamans earthquake. And even though its alittle buggy I love it and use it. But so down to business, melee locking is the biggest problem and heres the tip to get your quake to stay ranged.

When quake turns melee - im sure all quake shamans have had this happen. Your locked on to a target engaged in battle and you want to stop hes/hers advancement. You throw your quake that normally have a 5yd cast radius, but now your shaman walks over there to the center of quake where you suppose to cast it and casts it. The big problem now is since your shaman walked all the way over there to cast quake you lost all the range advantage you had to begin with. This happens all the time and sucks. It puts you in a very dangerous place as ranged spellcaster and this takes alot of time in battle.

Tip: until its fixed theirs one thing you can do to go around the bug. Dont be locked on to a target. If you take a step to the left, right, back or forward so your shamans is moving instead of locked on to a specific target this will enable you to cast quake as a inteded range spell again.

Tip 2: the other way to get around the lock problem is to cast quake on a locked target affected by blind. Casting quake on blind targets will prevent the lock-on bug. The reason I dont like this trick though is cause you lose 'stun-time' having target blind and quaked at the same time. Needs good timing just before blind ends to be effective.

How to land a quake: Im going to attempt writing down the basic mechanics for earthquake so that it will be easier for shamans to hit accurately with their quakes. So my basic rule is 'the quake will lock targets aslong as they are within the aoe when the cast sequence is preformed'. So that means to hit moving targets he needs to be whitin your aoe as your shamans start the process of casting. Then it doesnt matter if the target moves out of the aoe while the shaman is preforming the spell, you will still get him. This is a excellent way of catching up to fleeing foes. BUT remember if you cast the quake to far away your shaman will haft to move into place before starting his spell. If target moves away before your shaman is in place you will miss! And missing your quakes are pricey since its one of few spells with a cast time and it leaves you open.

Earthquake vs Blind: As requested im going to try and make a pro/con list over blind and earthquake and hopefully ill get all aspects of these two spells that are worth considering when you make a shaman.

(+) Blind

Pro - instant cast, 5 second disable, 5yd radius, target is forced to move at random, enemy loses target of you, quake is easier to hit when target is blind.

Cons - raises targets dodge 20-28%, damage on blind targets is never effective, target is forced to move at random.

* 'target is forced to move at random'. This feature can be both good and bad depending on the random movement of the target and what you are trying to do to the target.

(+) Earthquake

Pros - 6 second disable of movement, can lock multiple targets (aoe), reduces targets melee attack speed 12-20%, effective damage on locked target, can block targets off.

Cons - 1~1.5sec cast time, locked targets can use skills/spells and ranged weapons, doesnt reduce range attack speed, can be hard to use, melee bug can cost you dearly.

(+)Conclusion? - Its hard to put these two spells against one another, cause they are very diffrent even though they are both considered stunners. I really like earthquake and it just kills rouges and bladedancers. Its good on barbs too, but remember when the barb charged last cause charge breaks earthquake.

Blind is just the perfect battle starter with good range and instant cast it can only be beat by charge when it comes to landing first stun.

In my opinion they are both very good skills and its up to you, what do you want your shaman to focus on? If you want a stable defensive shaman, go higher on quake. If you want a hard hitting shaman keep quake lower and focus more on ball lightning. Generally speaking I would always use blind lv4-5. In the end both spells add 1sec 'stun' per level so the total duration of 'stun' will always be the same, if you split a certain number of points between both spells.

Mountain power

Description: increases characters health by 4%. Increase defence from sun magic 5%.

Type - passive

Max HP        Resistance to sun magic

Increase                  4%                              5%

*Mountain power is your faction skill shared by all mountain clan classes. It cant be changed or leveled, its just what you get, plain and simple :)

So now its started, I know lots is missing but im hoping to complete it over time. If you have anything to add or correct leave comment or pm. Any help on blank spells or spell levels are appriciated :)

to be continued...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Updated - lv1-5 attack speed reduction effect from earthquake. (Lv1-3 are estimates)

- Design improvements to the layout

- What blind is/means (for first time users)

and a big thanks to Spanish for assissting me with eartquake attack speed info lv4-5. Thank you!

Updated - ingame description to all spells.

- Type, range, energy expense, cooldown to all spells

- Faction skill - mountain power.

I know its not a official document, but mods feel free to make this post sticky :)

Updated - lightning blast lv5 now has dodge properties for target affected by blind.

hoping to have lv1-4 first half of june. Again big thx to spanish for help :)

Updated:  - lightning blast now has complete lv1-5, dodge value

for effected target.

- Earthquake atk speed reduction lv1-3 are confirmed

- Info, how to hit accurate with quake/ basic mechanics

- Critical heal

- A massive update on healing spirit. Now theirs a

heal table covering lv1-5 with 8 diffrent astral values.

I really hope you guys will like and be helped by that one :)

and a big thanks to Agusia/Uxie for letting me experiment on her elf and helping me confirm earthquake lv1-3 and completing lightning blast dodge values lv1-4. Thank you!

comment or pm me if you see any faults or anything missing. All feedback and help is walcome

very good job. +Karma for you.

On EPs details, says it increases def by X%

But it also increases sun/dark/moon res by X% :)

Update - Earth protection, full resistance table with all magic classes added.

Thanks mecha! Im glad this thread is appriciated :)

and thanks for the input, youre completely right and its been complimented :) looks alittle awkard maybe ill redesign the table later.

Gear-wise, they have the same stats.

but druids will always have +4% Moon and astral due to firstborns passive skill.

Healing spirit is identical for both classes. Like mecha said elves get a 4% passive buff but the skills are the same, so druids are more then welcome to look at my healing spirit table and see what they will preform, no diffrence.

:)Updated - added a mini guide at the new guide section.

A few small things to think about for new players

to understand basic shamanism :)

hoping people agree with my newbie pointers, might expand the

guide later.

Updated - added information under battle strategi section of the guide,

paragraph VII) kill or be killed.

Tips and things you might think about fighting barbs, ranger, shamans and druids.

Hi Bloody,

I request the new funny things of shaman, please add articles here:

1. Great solo

When no one hunting, i usually do solo hunting sea monster, lake elemental and garr shag, but those bosses have different damages:

1. Sea monster , easy to kill, using equal moon+astral (50:50) for gears are enough

2. Lake elemental, little hard, using 70% astral + 30% moon for gears

3. Garr shag, hard, should use full astral sets

2. Shaman evil

In the shaman cave in legion (near BG) is very good spot for shaman to make broken items of elves

1. Hide on top crossing and wait till elf running and get attacked by mobs 1st then blind him/her, sure he/she will go down dancing with mobs, put earthquake to lock and now kill, oh no!! "F**king Mc" (in trade chat)

2. Blind him/her when staying on door, after blinding, u run down, look! He/her going down and dancing with mobs, put earthquake and kill, surprise died!

But this tactic doesn't work when they are coming with group/party, u will die but not get broken :)

Its experience by kyumaru, :cheer:

Bloodylipa you sure are good with Shamans. I am jealous :'( .

well thank you :)

ive played shaman for a very long time. My first char was bd on us-server, then I realized I was on us-server so decide to make a new char for eu-server. By this time I wanted to try mc-side and not redo all elf quests. Have played shaman only ever since. Think that was v1.2 or v1.3 :) anyway all classes only had 3 skills back then.

now im at the point im trying to share what Ive learned for all to benefit from :)

well thank you :)

ive played shaman for a very long time. My first char was bd on us-server, then I realized I was on us-server so decide to make a new char for eu-server. By this time I wanted to try mc-side and not redo all elf quests. Have played shaman only ever since. Think that was v1.2 or v1.3 :) anyway all classes only had 3 skills back then.

now im at the point im trying to share what Ive learned for all to benefit from :)

great :yahoo:

Updated - ok I exceeded maximum limit on this thread so ive cut it down to strictly the spell book and I will open a new thread with my shaman guide text. It will be postaded today with kyumarus requests added to the current guide that was here before.

hope you guys wont mind but I had no choice to make two.

new thread with guide is - shaman handbook

How about this Shaman build for arena level 14:

Ball Lightning : +3

Healing Spirit : +3

Earth Protection : +3

Lightning Blast : +1

Earthquake : +3

With a decent gear level 13,this look nice for arena.

What you all think?

Any sugestions?

i recommend to focus blind skill at the beginning, because only blind is OP:

1. U can run and escape

2. This skill caused an effect to lose enemy target, and lose control

3. During blind, u can restore HP with heal

4. U can fight 2v1, if u are aggressif

So you can post one good skill distribuition here?

For level 14...

i recommend to focus blind skill at the beginning, because only blind is OP:

1. U can run and escape

2. This skill caused an effect to lose enemy target, and lose control

3. During blind, u can restore HP with heal

4. U can fight 2v1, if u are aggressif

1st, u should find arena partner who having high DPS like rogue or pro barbar

The skill build is:

Lv1 lighting ball

Lv5 lighting blast

Lv5 healing

Lv1 earthquake

You focus to knock back 1 target (high def), and kill other target (low def) when other 1 target died, u run as u can or keep away by putting earthquake, but if u pro just kill it fast xD

But with partner level 11 or 12 this will be useless,since they are too weak or dont know what do.

1st, u should find arena partner who having high DPS like rogue or pro barbar

The skill build is:

Lv1 lighting ball

Lv5 lighting blast

Lv5 healing

Lv1 earthquake

You focus to knock back 1 target (high def), and kill other target (low def) when other 1 target died, u run as u can or keep away by putting earthquake, but if u pro just kill it fast xD

• 3 months later...