Remove old names after 30 days of inactivity for low level characters

Sh0ckboner

Hello!

Most unique and cool names are taken by level 1’s who don’t play the game. If a character is a low level and is inactive for a period of time can the names be removed so others can take?

I spent a lot of time trying to find a great character name for some of my characters, and have found about 50 names i wanted all taken by level 1’s or 2’s. I know warspear does this every so often but it’s honestly not enough. Most of these names are taken for the name to be sold or just to have so nobody can use them. 

Thought this would be a good idea since i’m sure there are names out there players who actually play the game would want, instead of just sitting there not being used at a level 1.

I agree with this opinion, but resetting every 30 days can cause inconvenience for someone with a lot of cool names to log to prevent resetting every month. Instead, it would be better if you periodically initialize inactive lv1 characters name because there were only two initializations I remember. It would be nice to do it at least once a year. With the character recovery event

36 минут назад, Laevateinn сказал:

I agree with this opinion, but resetting every 30 days can cause inconvenience for someone with a lot of cool names to log to prevent resetting every month. Instead, it would be better if you periodically initialize inactive lv1 characters name because there were only two initializations I remember. It would be nice to do it at least once a year. With the character recovery event

if they want to save cool names they need to lvl up that characters to 6-10 lvl

1 hour ago, Maid said:

if they want to save cool names they need to lvl up that characters to 6-10 lvl

It's not just for names. Some people made alt characters for additional bag space or market slots. If you have to raise your character to level 6 or level 10 every time you make a character for this purpose, it will also cause inconvenience. 

They already have a system that periodically clears up inactive names that are taken by characters under level 5

50 minutes ago, Laevateinn said:

It's not just for names. Some people made alt characters for additional bag space or market slots. If you have to raise your character to level 6 or level 10 every time you make a character for this purpose, it will also cause inconvenience. 

The characters themselves dont go anywhere, you just have to rename it once you log back in

17 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

They already have a system that periodically clears up inactive names that are taken by characters under level 5

The characters themselves dont go anywhere, you just have to rename it once you log back in

Yes not sure how often or the cooldown on this but i think it should be more frequent. I have around  15-20 names been trying for at least 4 months, same level one char and “action not available right now” 

I hope one day it could be 3 months without logging and less than lvl 10 maybe.