Shield strike.

Maleshaman

So I've noticed all the hatred on how the new skill will be.

Opening the discussion now, as I stated above I've seen the hatred.

Shield Strike" (Barbarian). Barbarian hits with his shield with a chance of stunning the enemy. Damage grows along with upgrading the skill. 

First impression.

Shield strike won't be as usefull vs all classes out there pvp wise but it certainly carries something we need.

What is it? A stun and extra damage ofcourse.

Now its not clear yet if you have to make use of a real shield or a buy able skill consumption,  well see this tommorow.

My impression;

It's a good extra skill that's been added, far more usefull then War cry wich as we all kno lacks agro in the finest detail.

In comparison with combat fury I'm not sure, I like it but I'm willing to change this (if no other option) for Shield strike.

Reasons to us dueing my main rivals, wich are Bds are overpowered blade hamsters.

Even when one on one with rangers I see more use in Shield strike then fury, reason here for is because your regenerated health disapear in a split second. War cry vs them, big flop enough said.

Anyhow, druids is well...

Let's say if they're not hardcore kiters, any barb could pulverise them (I'm counting on you that you're aware how to play a barb ok, INB4YOUAREANOAMPCHAMPHATRED)

Chosen classes,  no problem with them in any way, each can get crushed easily if well played. Yes even priests (tho these are the strongest out of 3)

What's the big issues with barbs?

well most of you kno tank play, you'll depend on defensive stats alot equiled with a good damage, if you are not find your own methods.

anyhow the issue isn't really amps or such, nor gear.

The problem is we don't have a stun to relay on, we have only one damage skill (tommorow to become 2)

these were reasons why people taught barbs were jokes, but I'm sure people that kno how to play them are feared by many.

This is all my mind is capible to think of currently, feel free to add your own taughts in a comment.

Roaring regards,

Yoshikis

Alright

It stuns - Very Good

It deals damage - Very good

You must wear a shield - To the trashcan it goes

I really REALLY doubt that you'll have to buy a consumable shield, because that's just illogical and stupid

Peter_Munk oficially said you need an actual shield to use it. That sucks. I guess it just comes up to how powerful the skill is. If it is another 5 sec stun with great dmg, it could be considered. The problem with 1h weapons is that all your skill dmg is decreased with about 1/3, and your dmg stats lowered slightly. Which sucks. And also, I don't think too many barbs have a high amped 1h weapon. Mine is only +6 for example. And then what about my 2h? Should I just trash it?

So many questions and speculations in my head. Guess we will have to wait, see, andthen probably spam warcry in forum as much as we can untill devs change it.

Peter_Munk oficially said you need an actual shield to use it. That sucks. I guess it just comes up to how powerful the skill is. If it is another 5 sec stun with great dmg, it could be considered. The problem with 1h weapons is that all your skill dmg is decreased with about 1/3, and your dmg stats lowered slightly. Which sucks. And also, I don't think too many barbs have a high amped 1h weapon. Mine is only +6 for example. And then what about my 2h? Should I just trash it?

So many questions and speculations in my head. Guess we will have to wait, see, andthen probably spam warcry in forum as much as we can untill devs change it.

If I'll have to use a shield for that, I definitely won't be getting that skill. The damage won't be high either, because you're using a 1h weapon and if someone's is hoping for a long stun with high chance of proc'ing, please remember that you're Barbarian, walking sponges do not stun effectively

And why in the ducking name of the mutherducking pissing shit in the bs hell of ducking duck did they make the stun rely on chance, once again. I mean, why can you not GIVE BARBARIAN A GODDAMN STUN THAT DOESN'T HAVE TONS OF FUVKING FLAWS!!!!!?!? BD GET CLICK-AND-STUN-SKILLS, BUT WE GET SKILLS WITH OFC MINIMUM DISTANCE, RISK TO DO NOTHING, REQUIRES SHIELD. JUST duck IT ALREADY AND GIVE US A NORMAL duckING SKILL!!!

Ty.

And why in the ♥♥♥♥ing name of the muther♥♥♥♥ing pissing shit in the bs hell of ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ did they make the stun rely on chance, once again. I mean, why can you not GIVE BARBARIAN A GODDAMN STUN THAT DOESN'T HAVE TONS OF FUVKING FLAWS!!!!!?!? BD GET CLICK-AND-STUN-SKILLS, BUT WE GET SKILLS WITH OFC MINIMUM DISTANCE, RISK TO DO NOTHING, REQUIRES SHIELD. JUST ♥♥♥♥ IT ALREADY AND GIVE US A NORMAL ♥♥♥♥ING SKILL!!!

Ty.

Wrong dimension buddy

never EVER EVEEEERRRRR  compare basic skill to expert!. its like student - teacher, basic - expert. understand now?.

never EVER EVEEEERRRRR  compare basic skill to expert!. its like student - teacher, basic - expert. understand now?.

And where exactly here did someone do that?

And why in the ♥♥♥♥ing name of the muther♥♥♥♥ing pissing shit in the bs hell of ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ did they make the stun rely on chance, once again. I mean, why can you not GIVE BARBARIAN A GODDAMN STUN THAT DOESN'T HAVE TONS OF FUVKING FLAWS!!!!!?!? BD GET CLICK-AND-STUN-SKILLS, BUT WE GET SKILLS WITH OFC MINIMUM DISTANCE, RISK TO DO NOTHING, REQUIRES SHIELD. JUST ♥♥♥♥ IT ALREADY AND GIVE US A NORMAL ♥♥♥♥ING SKILL!!!

Ty.

oh here my dear O:-)

oh here my dear O:-)

Well expert skills should be bettert than basic skills, right? And I assume that you know that I were refering to ham, which is a basic skill. Shouldn't shield strike then be better than ham?

And charge, which I also compared to ham, is a basic skill aswell.

Why do you guys think sword & board is bad? I've played both styles and they aren't that far away in terms of damage. With Shield Bash, 1h+ might have equal dps to 2h.

Well expert skills should be bettert than basic skills, right? And I assume that you know that I were refering to ham, which is a basic skill. Shouldn't shield strike then be better than ham?

And charge, which I also compared to ham, is a basic skill aswell.

i think i've said this many times that ham isn't a stun but disable. if you said stun on BD well i automatically refer it to rush not ham.shield bash skill on barbs well this skill is kinda balance, it needs a shield to activate this skill. but i dont think that many barbs agree since i always encountered 2h weapon barbs. its up to devs if they wanna make this skill.

im not that pro with barb but i know a thing or two, lets lay down what we have:

With shield: more hp,more hp bonuse from mc faction passive,more reg from expert skill,more defense, more blocking dmg, can deal dmg n stun enemie using new expert skill (conclusion: very efficent against tanks/dps enemies, awesome for survival mode)

Without shield: more dmg outburst, killing enemies faster n efficent against weak defence enemies (conclusion: very gd against healers for faster killing them, gd in farming and boss killing)

now wtf are u people crazy about lolz all i see is shield weilding is better, i might have missed somebstuff but im glad if u correct if im wrong :)

im not that pro with barb but i know a thing or two, lets lay down what we have:

With shield: more hp,more hp bonuse from mc faction passive,more reg from expert skill,more defense, more blocking dmg, can deal dmg n stun enemie using new expert skill (conclusion: very efficent against tanks/dps enemies, awesome for survival mode)

Without shield: more dmg outburst, killing enemies faster n efficent against weak defence enemies (conclusion: very gd against healers for faster killing them, gd in farming and boss killing)

now wtf are u people crazy about lolz all i see is shield weilding is better, i might have missed somebstuff but im glad if u correct if im wrong :)

When playing barb, that burst is almost everything.

in some cases yes, in many other cases nope :/

Pretty much all the time tbh. Barbs have close to no cc, they're very easy to kite, so they need to burst the living shit out of someone

Still id say stacking hp for barb isnt something to ignore, most ur skills r hp related, bd is defense related n dmg also, pala is magic related, dk is magic n defense related

barb only class in ws that can achieve max hp, id say use ur power xD the dmg u lose from 2h u gain it from that expert skill *-* (specualations, im doing)

A barb is more powerful when they are using shield .

Advantages

1. Dps is almost same.

2. Higher stats of Block ( Block is one stat which is not effected my enemies accuracy more u stack block stat it is directly proportional to number of blocks)

3. Hp and def increases by a significant number.

4. Combat fury depends on HP. So higher the HP more u heal. ( 4400hp barb can heal 1.2k)

Disadvantages

1. Fighting casters,Can't say completely useless.

2. Burst damage on screen is reduced but dps almost same don't forget.

A barb is more powerful when they are using shield .

Advantages

1. Dps is almost same.

2. Higher stats of Block ( Block is one stat which is not effected my enemies accuracy more u stack block stat it is directly proportional to number of blocks)

3. Hp and def increases by a significant number.

4. Combat fury depends on HP. So higher the HP more u heal. ( 4400hp barb can heal 1.2k)

Disadvantages

1. Fighting casters,Can't say completely useless.

2. Burst damage on screen is reduced but dps almost same don't forget.

3. About 30% lower skill dmg.

4. Slightly lower dmg stats

5. Rings with block don't have accuracy, which often is critical for succes.

Dista

Added a few.

Added a few.

Yes,Ring is a concern.

Also another concern is that key word "Chance to stun" . I know my barb friends how poor chance of stun the "Charge" has.I'd really wish the chance of this new skill is like Hamstring .

I feel like this the same as removing astral from the game - all healers were forced to amp so they could still heal. Now we will be forced to amp 2 things aswell

Just my cent on the dps discussion. 1h is better dps than 2h.

Reasons:

1. Higher attack speed.

2. Swing timer. Can be found in every weapon when you go to its information and it's the value next to the hourglass.

Now i'll try to explain this. Most skills reset swing timer, now you have to note that i said most, the first damage skills eg. Flash strike, Powerfull blow, Thorn of death etc seem to not cause this from my experience. However all overhead (Bd's parry, or rangers dodge skill for example) or skills with casting animation (All healing skills and few others) seem to reset your swing timer which interrupts the countdown between your NORMAL attacks. So a weapon with high attack speed (1h weaponory, excluding dual wielders) has an advantage in this. Due to higher attack speed between skills you get extra damage out between skill usage and it doesnt hinder your play at all.

Great example of the devastation swing timers cause can be found from no one else but the Death knight. Have you ever wondered why dk doesnt attack normally and stands there sitting for 6 seconds sometimes? Well the answer is simple. Dk uses a normal attack (with a spear, which is very slow to attack and thats why the easiest example) -> all skills on cooldown -> Exhalation of Darkness came back from cooldown lemme use it -> Dk has sat there for 3 seconds and uses the skill right before swing timer has reached its peak and he would hit -> however due to this guy using Exhalation of darkness (which causes swing timer to reset) right before swing timer reaches it's peak, the dk will sit there for another 3+ seconds before he will actually hit anything.

Personally on my dk i would have already used 2 skills and hit with 2 normal attacks in the time this guy has been sitting there for 6 seconds. I usually use 1h nowadays since i believe it's better.

And since this is a Barbarian topic i'll throw this in there: Full kw +8 Spadone with high attack speed = Praise the sun (cause all that gold is so shaini) and duck shields.

Edit:

One thing i forgot to mention in the long ass post is ofcourse the extra defencive capabilities shield provides, but i'm pretty sure most of us already knows this.

New skills came out and after a struggle of finding buyers to gather the cold I've finally got Shield strike.

What's required?

lvl 18 and above.

The skill itself.

A shield (non consumable)

So yes, there are no buyable shields in the store.

The animation isn't wonderfull, not as I expected. No nose breaking but there appears a godly shield from the sky crashing down on your enemies head, hue.

Here's a pic.

Опубликованное фото

ok so damage wise.

Damage is dealt and it has a VERY low stun chance at level 1. (Yes facepalm here if you'd like.)

How is damage counted?

It's counted by your Psychical damage, only 1h weapons will work along this skill since you'll need an shield.

You can raise your dmg by buffs, equipment etc, causing the skill to hit more aswell.

*Also highthens dmg with skill increase.

Here's a picture of a boar getting it.

Опубликованное фото

now when I say the Stun isn't wonderfull, I mean it

I've tested the skill on about 12 boars and only one recieved a short 1sec stun, total fail.

I'll update when I play around with this.

New skills came out and after a struggle of finding buyers to gather the cold I've finally got Shield strike.

What's required?

lvl 18 and above.

The skill itself.

A shield (non consumable)

So yes, there are no buyable shields in the store.

The animation isn't wonderfull, not as I expected. No nose breaking but there appears a godly shield from the sky crashing down on your enemies head, hue.

Here's a pic.

Опубликованное фото

ok so damage wise.

Damage is dealt and it has a VERY low stun chance at level 1. (Yes facepalm here if you'd like.)

How is damage counted?

It's counted by your Psychical damage, only 1h weapons will work along this skill since you'll need an shield.

You can raise your dmg by buffs, equipment etc, causing the skill to hit more aswell.

*Also highthens dmg with skill increase.

Here's a picture of a boar getting it.

Опубликованное фото

now when I say the Stun isn't wonderfull, I mean it

I've tested the skill on about 12 boars and only one recieved a short 1sec stun, total fail.

I'll update when I play around with this.

Well, isn't that just wonderful? A single-target.....1 sec stun......that requires a shield.....and never works?!?! We asked for a stun, they gave us a failed one..... *Goes away to sit and cry in a corner*

Well, isn't that just wonderful? A single-target.....1 sec stun......that requires a shield.....and never works?!?! We asked for a stun, they gave us a failed one..... *Goes away to sit and cry in a corner*

Is there any expert skill that is amazing on level 1?

Is there any expert skill that is amazing on level 1?

No. But since they said that the damage increases with lvling, I assume that the stun duration and chance to apply don't increase. Maybe they do though. The devs are messy with their info.

Anyway, my opinion is that devs did this to give 1h barbarians an extra edge in PvP. It doesn't benefit 2h because it's strong as it is. This spell was made to make 1h as good as 2h.

If you want to keep using 2h, do so. You already have 2 other expert skills, and you'll get new ones in next month. Nobody is forcing you to use this. The point of expert skills is to give you freedom in how you wish to build your character. Let people play 1h if they want to.

I shouldn't be telling you this, it's something they teach in primary school.

Anyway, my opinion is that devs did this to give 1h barbarians an extra edge in PvP. It doesn't benefit 2h because it's strong as it is. This spell was made to make 1h as good as 2h.

If you want to keep using 2h, do so. You already have 2 other expert skills, and you'll get new ones in next month. Nobody is forcing you to use this. The point of expert skills is to give you freedom in how you wish to build your character. Let people play 1h if they want to.

I shouldn't be telling you this, it's something they teach in primary school.

Yes, true. But, they should, in my opinion, saved this for the 10th skill, when we finally can't use all the skills. (bcaz of the hotkey limit). It is just so disappointing to see the skill you have been waiting for to be useless for your play-style. But ohwell, ws-life goes on and new skills are coming.

Damage on it is absolutely fine.

Tested a max without consumable buffs (power card or polar)

My max currently is 1104!

Buffs that have been used were 1 ice queen ring (5%) Fury at level 3 and a necromancer infection.