Suggestions List [Updated Feb 12]

spainion

Under Consideration

Equipment

I have a Ranger as seen in my Avatar, it took me 3 or 4 days to get the best equipment for my class.  I see 20 Slot shops with 4 weapons in the stock, it would be nice for a bit more variety. Also would be a nice change, if mobs dropped some kind of gear, even crappy gear for the lower levels. Why not drop gear anyways it sells for what? 20% of its Original Value in shops anyways?

Spainion

Gold

Why is the only legitimate way to making money farming HUNDREDS of Mobs for cruddy little items with little value. I've spent as long as 4 hours farming mobs for gold to buy gear, I have found some very effective spots to gather coin, but that's besides the point. Why is farming for hours my only option to make money? Why are quest rewards only 10-20 gold? This also brings me to my next point. Features.

Spainion

Features

You have created a great 2D MMO, its stable it has all the core features nessesary and I'm not sure what updates are planned and when they will be released, this is in no way an insult to developers I love the game. Just making suggestions that would make the game better and ultimately, make you richer.

Spainion

General Skills

There are no books to get any skills in the world that I have seen or found, I have heard some rumblings of an upcoming update that could change this. I ask that developers consider adding some profitable, non combat skills. For Example: Mining, the mechanics are already there and its a simple feature to add. Add a pic axe at a shop, make a quest tile that never expires or has no quest requirements, add a book to learn mining. Throw some ores in caves that are difficult to access. Simple and would add marketable feature.

Spainion

High Scores

Its a small community style of game, adding some highscores like, Kills, Wealth, Level etc. is a server side feature and could easily be added. This would increase the time people spend in game trying to overcome the person ahead of them.

Spainion

Clans & Friends List

Again, its a small community style of game, we need clans and friends lists. For a long time me and 8 guys used the Party System as our guild system. When people needed to get a group together quick for a boss they were forced to leave, since there is no friends list we would see our guildmates vanish sometimes for days.

Spainion

Online Players List

Something even as simple as a /Who Command with Names, Ranks, Rep and Locations would be very handy for finding other players to Party with. This is a server side feature that could easily be added, a full interface is desirable but could wait until more important problems are addressed. 

Marcin

Karma On Forums

The current Karma system on the forums is alright, but it has room for abuse, you can give and get reviews for nothing. Removing the "Karma +/-" and using a Reputation system would make it so you can properly build up reputation without redmarks. I have seen other forums where when you leave a rep point you need to write a few words to say why you gave rep. This way we don't have rookies giving out bad Karma over a post they don't agree with (which I am seeing already). This is a simple change that could be fixed with a module after 10 minutes of searching.

Spainion

Bad Ideas

Stats

The method of leveling Stats is complete garbage, questing for Ranks that give you SMALL boosts in survivability is lame, it would have been much funner and better if you added an Exp bar for your bow skill and that gained the more you use it. Likewise for Magic, give players an offensive magic skill and let them level it up by killing things.

Spainion

Looking forward to updates at the end of Feb

:good:

Hi!

Thanks for suggestions! I'll try to comment them from the development side

Equipment

I have a Ranger as seen in my Avatar, it took me 3 or 4 days to get the best equipment for my class.  I see 20 Slot shops with 4 weapons in the stock, it would be nice for a bit more variety. Also would be a nice change, if mobs dropped some kind of gear, even crappy gear for the lower levels. Why not drop gear anyways it sells for what? 20% of its Original Value in shops anyways?

We always expand our item list, sure there will be more good loot for players. World drop (even with a minimal chance) is a good surprize for everybody :)

Gold

Why is the only legitimate way to making money farming HUNDREDS of Mobs for cruddy little items with little value. I've spent as long as 4 hours farming mobs for gold to buy gear, I have found some very effective spots to gather coin, but that's besides the point. Why is farming for hours my only option to make money? Why are quest rewards only 10-20 gold? This also brings me to my next point. Features.

This is game design and balance question. We will keep such boring thing in mind in future development.

Features

You have created a great 2D MMO, its stable it has all the core features nessesary and I'm not sure what updates are planned and when they will be released, this is in no way an insult to developers I love the game. Just making suggestions that would make the game better and ultimately, make you richer.

Generally speaking, we had a bad experience in making promises to the players  ::)  All future updates wiil be annaunced on this forum, keep in touch.

General Skills

There are no books to get any skills in the world that I have seen or found, I have heard some rumblings of an upcoming update that could change this. I ask that developers consider adding some profitable, non combat skills. For Example: Mining, the mechanics are already there and its a simple feature to add. Add a pic axe at a shop, make a quest tile that never expires or has no quest requirements, add a book to learn mining. Throw some ores in caves that are difficult to access. Simple and would add marketable feature.

Next update will bring more fun in the game, stay tuned! And remember - no promises  8)

High Scores

Its a small community style of game, adding some highscores like, Kills, Wealth, Level etc. is a server side feature and could easily be added. This would increase the time people spend in game trying to overcome the person ahead of them.

Good point. People always like to measure in something to other players.

Clans & Friends List

Again, its a small community style of game, we need clans and friends lists. For a long time me and 8 guys used the Party System as our guild system. When people needed to get a group together quick for a boss they were forced to leave, since there is no friends list we would see our guildmates vanish sometimes for days.

Good suggestion. In brainstorming and responce from the players we already know obout this request. Let's say - we think about it.

Stats

The method of leveling Stats is complete garbage, questing for Ranks that give you SMALL boosts in survivability is lame, it would have been much funner and better if you added an Exp bar for your bow skill and that gained the more you use it. Likewise for Magic, give players an offensive magic skill and let them level it up by killing things.

Sorry  :blush:

Peace Out. I hope someone with importance reads my post.

You are in the right place  :drinks:

Thanks for the reply, I actually wrote a Zelda Fangame using VB & DirectX 8

http://www.worldofhyrule.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19

So I know the stresses of overbearing players. Also the big mistake it is to make promises to players, you never know what wall you can hit in development, sometimes quirks take a long time. I'm very happy to hear that mob item drops is under consideration as well as some general skills. Unfortunately the last thing to do is get 1050 rep and wait for updates.

I knew you guys weren't one's for experience based stats. ;)

Thanks for the Response, I'll hop in a foxhole for the long run... Just No Character Resets Please.

:drinks:

Thanks for the Response, I'll hop in a foxhole for the long run... Just No Character Resets Please.

That would be suicide. It's not called beta anymore, we're already paying to play.

I have small sugestion, maybe you should doing killing stats list? For all monster or only boss.

And can you writing date of update?? ;) do you want doing beta test earlier update?

Add ONLINE PLAYERS LIST which would show name of the players, class and his rep points or rank. This would be very helpful in finding a team to kill boss monsters.

And can you writing date of update?? ;) do you want doing beta test earlier update?

No official date at the moment. But I can tell you that development team is working hard now  :dirol:  Please wait for official annauncement.

Add ONLINE PLAYERS LIST which would show name of the players, class and his rep points or rank. This would be very helpful in finding a team to kill boss monsters.

Very True, I will add that to my list.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with all those suggestions, they really would make the game complete. Knowing where your friends are and if they're online or offline is important for a MMORPG. And also everybody else with information about them to make party or guild creation easier.

There should also be a letter system to send messages to friends or others when they are offline so they can see it when they come online again.

And what's up with those timers when you got party loot on. If you don't decide what to do with the items until the timers run out, the items just disappear from the shared inventory. That should be removed.

Here are two more suggestions:

1. Enemies should respawn slower, on many occasions you just can't kill them fast enough before they start appearing again. This can be really frustrating at times when you need something done, especially when alone. It kills the joy of playing.

2. There should be an option of letting the character automatically pick up loot from the enemies he kills. It's tiresome and time consuming to click again on every body to pick up loot.

Yes, no reset character or block email .. I think if warspear want to stay busy and a lot of players, if there are two islands, the first island made for free .. so they can keep playing, but can not play to the next island .. it will make players are curious and have to pay if you want to continue the adventure in this game

I love this game because so light and stable

I have been played as rogue, barbarian, and shaman all at 3rd rank

Named "Iria" as my lovely rogue at 759 reputation currently so I can tell much about the game.

My suggestions are:

1. Please make quest reward more powerful. Currently no gear from quest reward better then the Guardian Set which is everybody can buy if get the money. It's important to get the ultimate gear from quest because that make the appearance of the player seems "ELITE" to everybody and gain respect.

2. The additional attack +30 until +50 only increase the damage 1 - 2 points (gees, this is waste) since. The same thing happend in additional speed or defence (not balance in my opinion)

3. Certain quest force the player to follow different discipline path of the class with unique stat and additional ability. For instance rogue can use any bow or sword if follow certain discipline in higher rank

4. Please make better the party loot system and monster drops (yeti's drops is suck compare to their toughness)

That's all and thank you to all my virtual warriors  :give_rose: : erebos, galous, hawkeyes, timaa, superpene, karunas, morg, huibig, and ispug

1. I agree

4. The whole party system is not good at all. Only 8 members, no "who is online list" so it's hard to find the right people, only leader can invite. And usually they all are gone again when you log in the next time so you must search again. It should be upgraded to a guild system asap. :cray:

• 2 years later...

Bump

Devs must notice now  :facepalm:

The stupidity of idiot karma users

Devs if you remove karma system it will remove the abuse of others

Hey other users if you smite me when I post this

I will fight back idiots :facepalm: