HATEFUL THINGS FROM EU-EMERALD ARENA

Kyrai

I was going to upload this post the day I left the game, in fact there are many things to literally hate about the game, so this post is a part of them.

FAULTS OF THE SELECTION SYSTEM

• The imbalance of armor, I see it as unfair to see people fighting who need arena points to get their PvP armor, including Greatness, but it is ABSURDLY DIFFICULT, they have to spend more than normal while Greatness players play comfortably showing off their power over the that they don't have it.
  • The players of the opposite faction, it is the greatest impotence that one can feel, players of the opposite side who use a separate account to spam the arena and leave the character still to do nothing, with the bad intention of making the team lose On the contrary, this is a point that makes the 5x5, Crucible and Seals arenas among the most inefficient in competitions.

FAULTS FROM PLAYERS

• AoE Stuns Skills, frankly they serve to win turning the GvGs more fun to play, but in the arenas it is a total annoyance if a skill of these to the maximum can grab all the players then they do not generate survival responses from the opposing team.
  • Castle consumables, especially teleportation pots and detection pots, players who never accept a fair loss and use a castle pot to teleport to another ramdom site wasting reaction time from the enemy team, and detection pots that don't let play to the Rogues and Seekers.
  • The people who forbid the new players PvE to demand arena, this type of people is not to blame, they act like this because of their stress and fatigue, until they reach a toxic point of gameplay, but they really stop turning the game into something boring that it is not worth trying, in the end we will all leave the game and other new players will come, besides you did not start being PvE too?
  • Characters with Heavy Mermen armor, it gives them a lot of advantage in response against control skills, they always end up saving themselves by having the armor activity skill when they reach a critical point, and more than anything it is reflected in the Wardens/Blade Dancers/Charmers/Barbarians. I think it's an insult to spend energy and the CD of a control skill to perform something that will be constantly removed. Also, they are a BIG problem for individual fights.
    If they ask about the Death Knights, well, in reality, it is a very necessary skill for them, just as it doesn't matter if everyone focuses on it, it dies quickly because it depends on vampirism and not on tanking.

THE ELVES

• The stuns that are not removed, most of the stuns of the elves can not be blocked or parried, only resisted.
  • The instant heal, I don't know if you have noticed but, there are already many supports such as Paladin/Priest/Templar and Druid with their Patronage, they make the effort to fight very useless, whenever you are trying to kill a player they receive an instant heal that makes efforts in vain. In addition to being support, instead Barbarians/Rogues/Chieftains cannot heal allies.
  • The shields are a nightmare, like the instant heal, really the Sentinels are loaded with pure shield that save them from mortal blows, giving them the opportunity to heal or to continue in the game when they should already be out of combat.
  • AoE Stuns Skills, once again and they are reflected a lot in this faction, I mean I don't understand why give so much to a spoiled baby. Paladins with ropes that silence an entire group, Blade dancers that run and stun an entire group, Templars that knock an entire group out of combat, Mages that stun and do mortal damage to an entire group. Why so much area stun if the Legion only has characters left that nobody wants to use because they don't withstand excessive damage well in combat.
  • Mostly they win, many times if they have to fight against elves, they end up winning for many reasons, even absurd ones (like PvE people being carried by 1 Greatness player) that take away the desire to try.

THE LEGION

• The apathy of the people on the side of the Legion, because they are tired, of always seeing the same thing, losing unfairly due to failures of the developers to excessively pamper the Sentinels. So it generates little command of the arenas and reduced hours of spam.
  • Many players with exploited characters that do not provide support to the group and many characters that do not help due to bad reputation.
    ... Many don't like to be a warlock for survivability and defensive reasons.
    ... Nobody likes to be a Necromancer because of their bad reputation.
    ... Hunters who don't have the Fear skill developed and it is also taken away as the Necromancer's panic. And since the Hunter is a hard class to build on the server it's not very good for pvp.
    Characters that nobody uses due to a bad reputation for endurance, instead the elves comfortably apply Shields, defensive parameters (Block Parry) and control stuns.

Yeah many of this also applies on US. Bd shield is just way too strong and it ruins Warlocks and dk ability to even lay a hand on the enemy team to get a kill. 

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

The imbalance of armor, I see it as unfair to see people fighting who need arena points to get their PvP armor, including Greatness, but it is ABSURDLY DIFFICULT, they have to spend more than normal while Greatness players play comfortably showing off their power over the that they don't have it.

Its not a problem if you actually switch enchantments on your gear. You get a decent amount of resilience just from enchantments and a maybe by getting a resilience buffing scroll and it wont be that bad. But usually people who are doing arena in pve gear wont be bothered to do the simplest things to make it easier so they only got themselves to blame. 

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

The players of the opposite faction, it is the greatest impotence that one can feel, players of the opposite side who use a separate account to spam the arena and leave the character still to do nothing, with the bad intention of making the team lose On the contrary, this is a point that makes the 5x5, Crucible and Seals arenas among the most inefficient in competitions.

There's no way to fix this currently so its not worth even brining up at this point. I'm sure aigrind will tell us whenever they will actually have a solution for this if they ever fix it.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:
  • AoE Stuns Skills, frankly they serve to win turning the GvGs more fun to play, but in the arenas it is a total annoyance if a skill of these to the maximum can grab all the players then they do not generate survival responses from the opposing team.

Easiest fix for this is to stop being a dumbass and rushing headfirst into dark circles and silencing zones. But i do it myself too and it can be annoying but usually theres only one person to blame and its yourself.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Castle consumables, especially teleportation pots and detection pots, players who never accept a fair loss and use a castle pot to teleport to another ramdom site wasting reaction time from the enemy team, and detection pots that don't let play to the Rogues and Seekers.

Don't mind them myself too much, I suppose I've learned to carry my own batch of them around to counter any potential shenanigans from opponents. Could be removed for all I care though.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

The people who forbid the new players PvE to demand arena, this type of people is not to blame, they act like this because of their stress and fatigue, until they reach a toxic point of gameplay, but they really stop turning the game into something boring that it is not worth trying, in the end we will all leave the game and other new players will come, besides you did not start being PvE too?

I usually ask people not to demand where it makes no sense to. For example when you are against full teams of +10 greatness players a pve player is just dead weight and its always a waste of time and money (in tickets) for everyone involved. They are better off demanding whenever own alliance members demanding 5x5/crucible/4x4 seals where at least in EU there's w/l rules in place which large majority of players actually do follow.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Characters with Heavy Mermen armor, it gives them a lot of advantage in response against control skills, they always end up saving themselves by having the armor activity skill when they reach a critical point, and more than anything it is reflected in the Wardens/Blade Dancers/Charmers/Barbarians. I think it's an insult to spend energy and the CD of a control skill to perform something that will be constantly removed. Also, they are a BIG problem for individual fights.

There's nothing wrong with it to be honest. The only outlier class that gets too many benefits from it is barbarian because he has a 7 yard instant charge which stuns that lets it catch up to any class instantaneously, I suppose an argument for templar could be made since it also has a charge but its kind of a terrible skill with 4 or 5 yard range instead of 7.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

The stuns that are not removed, most of the stuns of the elves can not be blocked or parried, only resisted.

There's about the same amount of these for both factions so this is completely irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

The instant heal, I don't know if you have noticed but, there are already many supports such as Paladin/Priest/Templar and Druid with their Patronage, they make the effort to fight very useless, whenever you are trying to kill a player they receive an instant heal that makes efforts in vain. In addition to being support, instead Barbarians/Rogues/Chieftains cannot heal allies.

Legion classes in general are more self sustaining and have heavier focus on heal over time/damage reduction to offset the heavier damage to survive so why even bother comparing the two to begin with. Sentinel classes besides warden are much more squishier in return.

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

The shields are a nightmare, like the instant heal, really the Sentinels are loaded with pure shield that save them from mortal blows, giving them the opportunity to heal or to continue in the game when they should already be out of combat.

Same as above.

6 hours ago, Kyrai said:

AoE Stuns Skills, once again and they are reflected a lot in this faction, I mean I don't understand why give so much to a spoiled baby. Paladins with ropes that silence an entire group, Blade dancers that run and stun an entire group, Templars that knock an entire group out of combat, Mages that stun and do mortal damage to an entire group. Why so much area stun if the Legion only has characters left that nobody wants to use because they don't withstand excessive damage well in combat.

I see plenty of warlocks hunter and shamans in arena with their aoe stuns/roots/silence. The truth is that Legion is more suited for defensive play around warlocks and hunters where most arena maps are perfectly suited for warlocks/shamans aoe crowd control with most chokepoints being 3 tiles wide. So maybe try switching up the groups playstyle.

6 hours ago, Kyrai said:
  • Mostly they win, many times if they have to fight against elves, they end up winning for many reasons, even absurd ones (like PvE people being carried by 1 Greatness player) that take away the desire to try.

I suppose Sentinels in general could be a bit stronger as a faction since Legion has a few niche characters but just because there is one hyper invested guild in EU Sentinels doesn't mean that the faction itself is strong. rest of the guilds are kind of weak in comparison with very few actually good players. Sentinels also have a population advantage as well since I think most people would associate elves and humans as more of the hero archetype and barbarian tribes and the undead as the villains which probably pushes majority of the new players to Sentinels. Unfortunately there's probably nothing that can be done about it as things are. Also if you play smart theres no way a single greatness player can carry a full team of pve in group arena unless the other team is also full pve in which case obviously the power is tilted toward the team with the fully geared pvp player.

6 hours ago, Kyrai said:

THE LEGION

• The apathy of the people on the side of the Legion, because they are tired, of always seeing the same thing, losing unfairly due to failures of the developers to excessively pamper the Sentinels. So it generates little command of the arenas and reduced hours of spam.
  • Many players with exploited characters that do not provide support to the group and many characters that do not help due to bad reputation.
    ... Many don't like to be a warlock for survivability and defensive reasons.
    ... Nobody likes to be a Necromancer because of their bad reputation.
    ... Hunters who don't have the Fear skill developed and it is also taken away as the Necromancer's panic. And since the Hunter is a hard class to build on the server it's not very good for pvp.

This sounds like a mentality problem. Why aren't you yourself making a necromancer warlock or a hunter. As far as I remember you are a rogue. Why not make one of these so called "support" characters instead to help your faction. Many players in my guild have strong alternate characters for pvp even if their main character isn't well suited to it.

• 3 weeks later...