GvG underperforming more each year

Slap

Hello, i would like to bring up something that has been discussed a lot in the past few months in our guild and even in EU-Emerald server in the game, or in discord servers.

I have been investing my time into this game like everyone else for couple years already and for me, a big part of my enjoyment and fun in this game comes from the Guild vs Guild events. It's an event where the guilds from the entire server meet together in one place and show their power rather if it's a mass fight or completing objectives in order to have a good score on the leaderboard and getting rewards depending on the result and so much more can be said about this type of events.

Sadly in the past couple of months/seasonal events (spring, anniversary, horror, winter)  i have seen pretty much the same copy of a previous GvG from last year just few adjustments/changes but never something new, which doesn't bring excitement anymore. The GvG events added lately this year (spring and anniversary so far) have been like a hit and run, guilds keep avoiding each other, running of each other because the GvG allows them to do so, as we seen in the spring gvg, people could rush to the main boss and finish the gvg, or could just hide in the corners, splitting, running around the map and killing the side bosses, avoiding mass fights, all this done in a matter of few minutes and the guild was free out of the GvG ...?? 

Anniversary GvG that we have seen so far, it's an exact copy of the previous GvG from 2021, just the 30 minutes timer was removed and few altars were added which do nothing but just let you rush to them and get out of the GvG again, in a matter of few minutes, even worse is the fact that the enemy guilds could wait at the altars that an X guild is supposed to go to, surprise them, take the orb and by that they are able to complete the GvG in a matter of few minutes. There is no strategy involved into it or anything like that, like it was in 2021. There you had to fight for a top in the leaderboard and good rewards. I would like to add to this point the fact that one of my few friends and also people in forum / game were giving some answers to why this type of GvG is a really good idea, the answer was simply because this gives chance to the weaker guilds to get the same rewards, point which in my opinion is wrong from many perspective and i can tell you why:  If the GvG last 30 minutes, every guild fighting each other, weaker guilds will take lower ranks, it's logic, but also if we take as an example this anniversary GvG, the best guilds are the ones that are able to deliver the souls to the altar, weaker guilds can't do anything but wait for them to finish and get sent outside, only after that they are given the chance to take the same souls and deliever it because any other threat is out.  Guild commander can also steal a soul and just simply run with it and avoid any kind of fight, since guild skills are disabled 

for some reason which is another problem of this GvG.

There are many points that can be said about this subject, but i hope you got my idea already. GvG events play in my opinion an important role in this game and will always play an important role, because without GvG, there is no point for any guild leader to improve his guild power, only by doing GP and dungeon spam? That is what makes the difference between a strong guild and a weak one. Building a PvP set, playing arena every day, are important activities that are required in order to show a good result in the GvG and motivate people to fight and take part into the GvG. If these type of events continue to be like i call them "hit and run" type of events, where 5 minutes will be all it takes to complete a GvG, then better remove them completly from the game in my opinion. I hope that this company will come up with new ideas in the future and maybe you can take my feedback into consideration since i have been managing every GvG for almost an year in the guild that i currently lead in the EU Server and the feeling of excitement and competition can be seen less and less with every new event that comes out.

Thank you for your time, i would gladly like to hear other opinions about this and ideas about what can be improved, what should be changed/removed from the game. My intention is not to criticise anything, i am expressing my frustration about the lack of effort that can be seen when it comes to PvP engagement in this game.

I do agree. We need alot more of a incentive to get more guilds involved. 

New mechanics, better rewards, and even costumes. We need new and better stuff. Yeah the old stuff looks cool but innovations is very much needed. 

Strong guilds dominate all the time as they just have the numbers and seemingly don't need tactics and that is quite unfair but they also somewhat deserve it but smaller guilds should get a chance. 

As for Alliance vs Alliance such as Clamont Island needs to prevent enemy Alliance from entering each other's Spawn 

one of the reasons why these gvgs are copypasted might be that devs have been (hopefully) working on new classes, balance update and also that new island that was teased so this is a way for them to have everything ready faster, but who knows for sure

gvgs can either be long ones that require constant attention like chaos or ones that a strong guild can complete in just a few minutes and its subjective which is better

1 hour ago, Slap said:

the answer was simply because this gives chance to the weaker guilds to get the same rewards, point which in my opinion is wrong from many perspective and i can tell you why:  If the GvG last 30 minutes, every guild fighting each other, weaker guilds will take lower ranks

they could make it to how it was last year with guilds ranking but then the difference between rewards for different ranks would have to be something to avoid #5-10 being basically the same

they want to give weaker guilds and newer players something to take part in without having to worry about getting next to nothing, although that is exactly what happened to stronger guilds too in few gvgs where higher level guilds just kept the orbs until the end 

Edited by Jcbreff

58 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

one of the reasons why these gvgs are copypasted might be that devs have been (hopefully) working on new classes, balance update and also that new island that was teased so this is a way for them to have everything ready faster, but who knows for sure

gvgs can either be long ones that require constant attention like chaos or ones that a strong guild can complete in just a few minutes and its subjective which is better

they could make it to how it was last year with guilds ranking but then the difference between rewards for different ranks would have to be something to avoid #5-10 being basically the same

they want to give weaker guilds and newer players something to take part in without having to worry about getting next to nothing, although that is exactly what happened to stronger guilds too in few gvgs where higher level guilds just kept the orbs until the end 

I do agree with you. The new island looks stunning and the stuff they teased such as the mobs looked great plus the lore they teased deserves a chefs kiss and I do hope your right

It is very good that the topic is discussed, I agree 100%, additionally a nice initiative would be to add a clan costume available for each member of the guild, such an innovation would of course not be free, the process could look like this: adding the miracle coins donation function to the guild deposit , each member can donate any amount, the clan outfit would cost us 50,000 miracle coins, the leader after collecting the appropriate amount by the guilds, reports it to the support and I undertake to send the costume graphics, or ask the creators to create it as part of a concept, the outfit would be available only for guild members and after leaving the guild, it would disappear from the inventory, you could also expand the possibilities of creating in the castle, add the ability to buy / create summons, weapons, armor etc.

The second idea is to be able to add a list to each guild, similar to this friends and ignore list, it would work on the principle that allied and hostile guilds could be added during mass events e.g. GvG (or it could be called AvA (alliance vs alliance) ) allied guilds would not be attacked and hostile guilds could be attacked, this could create an interesting variety to the game, a diplomat would have to function in each guild, responsible for the guild not to get into too many wars with other guilds and to establish new alliances with others

4 hours ago, Syseee said:

It is very good that the topic is discussed, I agree 100%, additionally a nice initiative would be to add a clan costume available for each member of the guild, such an innovation would of course not be free, the process could look like this: adding the miracle coins donation function to the guild deposit , each member can donate any amount, the clan outfit would cost us 50,000 miracle coins, the leader after collecting the appropriate amount by the guilds, reports it to the support and I undertake to send the costume graphics, or ask the creators to create it as part of a concept, the outfit would be available only for guild members and after leaving the guild, it would disappear from the inventory, you could also expand the possibilities of creating in the castle, add the ability to buy / create summons, weapons, armor etc.

The second idea is to be able to add a list to each guild, similar to this friends and ignore list, it would work on the principle that allied and hostile guilds could be added during mass events e.g. GvG (or it could be called AvA (alliance vs alliance) ) allied guilds would not be attacked and hostile guilds could be attacked, this could create an interesting variety to the game, a diplomat would have to function in each guild, responsible for the guild not to get into too many wars with other guilds and to establish new alliances with others

Ambitious project no less.

As for the topic itself, I believe it's missing the very purpose of the GvG, which is the competition. I understand that every guild should have a chance, but you can't simply do that by removing the focus point of a GvG. As for Clamont Island's thingy, it needs to be reworked completely imo. Or at least, let everybody enter caves and not just commander parties. Like a more updated war of territories. I believe it would be way more fun. 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, Jcbreff said:

In my opinion this has been going on for years already, every spring, anniversary, halloween and winter event is a copy and paste of the previous one just with few adjustments. Same things but 2 levels higher, same bonuses, same icons, same ideas, nothing changed. Same goes for the GvG they are a copy and paste of the previous ones but they keep getting worse and worse. I don't think that working on other part of the game would be a good argument, you can't throw to the people same events each year and hope they enjoy it. Coming up with something new while the game is in this state is not a good idea. This game has much potential but i don't see that much interest from the developers at least.