Lightning Shield, the mc "counter attack"

Fabr

I'm talking about the shaman's lightning shield, i was fighting a shaman with my bd and i just lost more than half of my hp because i got hit multiple times by the shield, and the shaman was being stunned, there was no way he could get me hurt with other things. So I have 2 questions:

1. How is this allowed? We've been through this with the bd counter attack, with him dealing damage "without doing anything", and it rained complaints about how it was unbalanced until they nerfed to the end, now they basically do the same with a shaman skill and there's nothing wrong?

2. And the bd counterattack? He's so nerfed he's useless for anything, and now a shaman comes with a 2.0 counter attack out of nowhere and we bds are left with nothing?

1 hour ago, Fabr said:

I'm talking about the shaman's lightning shield, i was fighting a shaman with my bd and i just lost more than half of my hp because i got hit multiple times by the shield, and the shaman was being stunned, there was no way he could get me hurt with other things. So I have 2 questions:

1. How is this allowed? We've been through this with the bd counter attack, with him dealing damage "without doing anything", and it rained complaints about how it was unbalanced until they nerfed to the end, now they basically do the same with a shaman skill and there's nothing wrong?

2. And the bd counterattack? He's so nerfed he's useless for anything, and now a shaman comes with a 2.0 counter attack out of nowhere and we bds are left with nothing?

I would say something but I don't plays Shaman or Bladedancer.

But all I will say is 2 words

Deathknight and Warlock

12 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I would say something but I don't plays Shaman or Bladedancer.

But all I will say is 2 words

Deathknight and Warlock

I also don't play death knight or warlock

Lightning shield actually isnt as strong as counter used to be for one and pretty sure the damage done is magical which would make sense. This in turn makes it even weaker since all classes can have equal amount of magical defence unlike physical. So you are either fighting people who out gear you vastly or its a skill issue. In both cases its still a you problem. My advice is that you work on making your own character stronger.

1 hour ago, Fabr said:

I also don't play death knight or warlock

Deathknights are, comparatively, weak tank when compared to any other tanks unless you manage to get merman gear then your decent. 

Warlocks are one of the weaker casters in the game. 

The Legion is weak when compared to Sentinels and we can't even have a edge without people crying that we are "too strong" 

1 hour ago, Raislin said:

Lightning shield actually isnt as strong as counter used to be for one and pretty sure the damage done is magical which would make sense. This in turn makes it even weaker since all classes can have equal amount of magical defence unlike physical. So you are either fighting people who out gear you vastly or its a skill issue. In both cases its still a you problem. My advice is that you work on making your own character stronger.

The point is that the shield does more damage than the shaman's attacks and can be used in any situation, so they have constant damage based on their attributes, while the counter attack does very little damage even with high attributes and only can be used when the dancer is the tank (impossible). It would be fair for the counterattack to receive adjustments to be at least usable.

48 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Deathknights are, comparatively, weak tank when compared to any other tanks unless you manage to get merman gear then your decent. 

Warlocks are one of the weaker casters in the game. 

The Legion is weak when compared to Sentinels and we can't even have a edge without people crying that we are "too strong" 

On my server there is an mc guild that constantly beats the best elf guilds, and the arena rank is mostly mc at the top, and they also win wars. this mc is weaker compared to elves thing it's just a matter of player population.

Edited by Fabr

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 1:32 AM, Fabr said:

The point is that the shield does more damage than the shaman's attacks and can be used in any situation, so they have constant damage based on their attributes, while the counter attack does very little damage even with high attributes and only can be used when the dancer is the tank (impossible). It would be fair for the counterattack to receive adjustments to be at least usable.

On my server there is an mc guild that constantly beats the best elf guilds, and the arena rank is mostly mc at the top, and they also win wars. this mc is weaker compared to elves thing it's just a matter of player population.

tell me how many servers elf dominates?

On 8/3/2022 at 1:32 AM, Fabr said:

between don't compare cloth with light heavy user. bd can survive much on his own due to heavy gears

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

tell me how many servers elf dominates?

How will I know? I just know that on my server there is a mc guild that wins from the best elf guilds, even though it has a smaller player population.

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

between don't compare cloth with light heavy user. bd can survive much on his own due to heavy gears

It doesn't really matter because the subject is about a damage skill.

1 hour ago, Fabr said:

How will I know? I just know that on my server there is a mc guild that wins from the best elf guilds, even though it has a smaller player population.

It doesn't really matter because the subject is about a damage skill.

yeah that's what i feel in sea server, damage skills? sure

• 3 months later...

It's true that the shaman's shield is very broken, in my experience and having full magic defense lowers me to half my life only with that skill, devs take it into consideration, Especially those shamans with orci and octo books, they are untouchable and should pretty much only spam shield.

I think the skill could be changed to a riposte effect that works only if you are in control of your character. So it would only be able to trigger if you aren't in a stun or another cc that removes control from you such as lightning blast or fear effects.

I'd also probably cap the damage at 80% of total matk and also change bds counter to work similarly but only vs melee attacks and at 60% cap.