[2022.07.29] In developing: Almahad, the Isle of Chainless League. Part I

LeeLoo

• Administrators

diary_arabic_1200х630.png

Dear friends!

It's time to take a look at the devs diaries and find out some details about the upcoming big adventure in the Warspear Online universe! As you already understood from the title, we will talk about a completely new island, which right now is being created by the efforts of our development team.

An expedition to uncharted lands requires preparation, so we will reveal some secrets of the new territory for you in advance. Today we're going to talk about the features of the island and guide you through the storyline, and in the following diaries you will learn about the new game mechanics of the global update, which is scheduled for release in the summer of 2023. We remind you that the project is in developing, which means that any elements may be changed by the time of release.

Well, get ready, because we begin!

History of Almahad Isle

The fame of the power of the Chainless League resounded everywhere from time immemorial, but until now crafty merchants were reluctant to share stories about the lands of their ancestors - the distant Almahad island, lying in the east of Arinar. It's time to hear the history of the island!

Long time before the start of the War for the Spear, the fruitful lands of the Almahad became the cradle of the human civilization created by Harad. The mentors of the human tribes were the Jakkars, who passed on to their wards the knowledge of writing and constructing. Over time, people began to worship jakkars and built majestic pyramids in which jakkars hid from the blinding sun, and ziggurats for observing heavenly bodies. No one knows for sure the fate of this first civilization - now only silent ruins of stone buildings and echoes of the mystical cult of the Black Sun remind of it. One thing is clear: when the Great Rift split the single Arinar, most of the once rich lands of Almahad turned into a lifeless desert, the inhabitants of the island had to temporarily forget about ancient beliefs and plunge into the struggle for existence. In these years of famine, when trade was the only key to salvation, the guilds reached unprecedented power on the Almahad. Soon, most of the scattered settlements united in an economic union - the League of Chainless Trade Cities of Almahad, and the city of Er-Sahil, built on the ruins of a destroyed sanctuary, became the capital of the union. Thus began a new era in the history of Almahad - a history in which you have to write many glorious pages!

gif.gif

In search of an artifact

As you understand, now Almahad is experiencing a real heyday and has become a place of pilgrimage for desperate adventurers and adventurers. But the warriors of Arinar on the island are in for a serious test!

After completing the storyline on Sector V of Ayvondil, the Alliances take possession of powerful artifacts that can eliminate the threat to Arinar. Each Alliance is sure that only his artifact will give an undeniable advantage and help win the War for the Spear. However, it soon turns out that over the centuries spent in the roots of the Tree of Life, the artifacts have fallen asleep. In order to awaken them, the power of an equally ancient and powerful artifact is needed. Rumor has it that such treasures are the real passion of the Chainless League merchants, who collect and export antiquities from all over Arinar to Almahad.

It seems that both Alliances need heroes who will dare to travel far and get the desired artifact! Merchant Danair is ready to give you his ticket to the ship that goes to Er-Sahil, the capital of the Almahad. You can't miss this opportunity, right? And now the hot east wind blows the sails of the ship... Almahad Isle is ahead!

1732835761_02.png

Map of Almahad Isle

The territory of the island is common to all factions and is divided into several parts. In its southern part is the city of Er-Sahil, in the port of which you arrive at the beginning of the storyline. To the north of the city is a desert with an area called Golden Sands. Impassable mountains will separate Golden Sands from other game sectors. In the first release, two territories will be available - the Mirage Desert and the Scorpion Kingdom. In total, it is planned to release five different game sectors during the several years. After reading the diary to the end, you will find how each part of the island is connected.

805015495_01.png

The capital Er-Sahil

The adventure begins as soon as you go ashore! The capital of Almahad is different from the usual small settlements of Irselnort. The multi-level city gradually rises from the port - immediately behind the port taverns, endless city slums begin, which are replaced by an equally vast market area with multi-colored tents of street tradesmen. It looks like you can buy and sell anything in this place, but don't be fooled! Here you have to go through the first part of the quests.

1102576467_0.png

In the center of the capital, the white-stone palace of the caliph is hidden behind high walls. If luck is on your side, the current caliph named Ziryam Sahib will honor you with an audience, but you should not relax after a magnificent reception in the palace. It's no secret that the real power in the Chainless League belongs to the Council of the Golden Belts, which includes the heads of the leading guilds. You have to see each of the opposing sides of this unique world, run around the rooftops and even fly in a hot air balloon, but do not forget about the main goal - finding an artifact for your Alliance. As you progress through the storyline, you will learn that information about the location of the artifact should be found in the guild staffs, which are also located in the city.

Non-playable guilds of Almahad

At first, you will meet two of the five guilds represented in the Almahad. Did you realize that nothing on this island is what it seems? Similarly, non-playable guilds in Almahad do not intersect with the usual military guilds in any way and are separate coalitions, interaction with which promises you unique advantages. We will tell you in details about all the possibilities and features of interaction with non-playable guilds in the following diaries, but for now, keep in mind that first you need to gain the trust of each of them by completing the quests of meeting and joining a guild. In addition, the island of the Chainless League does not welcome the “play both sides”, which means that at the same time you can only be a member of one non-playable guild.

Each of the Almahads guilds has its own unique characteristics, but all of them are united by the desire for unlimited power and faith in the power of the main shrine - the mysterious rim of the Black Sun. After receiving orders from the heads of the guilds, you understand that the true solution to the mystery of the artifact is located outside the city walls.

Real strength tests await you as soon as you leave the city! The fortress walls protect Er-Sahil from the sandy whirlwinds that rage in the desert and are impassable for a foot traveler. As you understand, you need special “vehicles” to move around. Maybe you already have an idea what it is?

872025451_033.png

The Mirage Desert

The search for an artifact in the Mirage Desert is impossible without the participation of the true owners of this part of the island - the genies. The monstrous power of magic has changed the face of the Mirage Desert, because genies get here after fulfilling the three wishes of their masters. Even after gaining freedom, genies stayed true to their habit of living in houses resembling oil lamps, but now this ancient city is almost completely destroyed.

image_2022-07-27_14-59-444.png

The city's slums, commercial and rich areas have suffered greatly from the endless confrontation between the genies-lawyers and the rebellious genies who managed to get their freedom through dishonest way. The latter even entered into an alliance with ifrits - distant relatives of the genies, personifying chaos and the fury of fire. The fiercest battles take place near the ruins of the city walls, not far from the entrance to the sector, and it looks like the rebellious genies and ifrits are victorious.

mob_1_face.gifmob_1_left.gif

To turn the tide of confrontation, you will have to cross the Mirage Desert and make your way to the temple district, where the ifrits and genies-betrayers live, and there is also the Temple of the Unfulfilled with great magical power contained in it. In addition, to advance in the storyline, you will need to deal with ifrits!

The Scorpion Kingdom

The Scorpion Kingdom is a country of brave warriors, a land of luxurious royal tombs, fierce fights in the arena, hidden sanctuaries of jakkars and endless confrontation that has been raging in these lands since ancient times. Is that why the sand in this part of the desert has acquired a red tint?

mob_2_face.gifmob_2_left.gif

An ancient curse dominates on the Scorpion Kingdom, turning its people into cruel and bloodthirsty monsters - half-humans, half-scorpions, and the new king attacks the Chainless League caravans, wanting to take control of trade routes, but it is in your power to stop it! To do this, you will have to find the true cause of the cruelty that is happening here by going to the Valley of the Kings, where the ancient rulers of the kingdom are buried in the majestic pyramids. After completing this part of the quests, your reward will be not only the freeing people from the curse, but also the approach to the main goal - the artifact... 

Golden Sands

Exploring the mountain paths on the borders of the Scorpion Kingdom and the Mirage Desert, you will easily find many caves that will lead you to the desert of Golden Sands. Be prepared in advance for the fact that it will be really hot there, because it will be a territory of open and fierce confrontations - both between individual players and between military alliances. Various activities will take place on the territory of Golden Sands, as well as special guild opportunities and content available only to members of a certain non-playable guild will open there.

image_2022-07-25_13-42-41.png

As you understand, the island of the Chainless League is not a place where you can survive alone, relying only on old knowledges and combat skills. Choosing any of the sides of this many-sided and changeable world, be ready to learn new skills and open new talents, as well as a new hierarchy system... But we will tell you about this in details in one of the next issues.

See you in the vastness of Arinar!

AIGRIND

Uhhhh that sounds so exciting!!😍

About the new type of guilds: so could it possibly happen that players from the same normal kind of guild that exist now go head to head in competition when they join different non-playable guilds?🤔 

Only assuming that there MIGHT be competitions between non-playable guilds😌

Good luck with the further development!🍀 

• Administrators
9 минут назад, Morgana сказал:

About the new type of guilds: so could it possibly happen that players from the same normal kind of guild that exist now go head to head in competition when they join different non-playable guilds?

Anything is possible... let's wait for the release of the next diaries and find out the details! :vp-noodle:

THANK YOU SO MUCH❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Finally its coming omg all these years of waiting have paid off!!!😁❤️❤️❤️

This is like everything i ever asked for becomes reality and im so hyped about this!!!!💜

Mounts or a new moving system for a huge map, artifacts, desert theme, more lore about the chainless league, the biggest city in the game 

What makes me really happy about all of this is that it makes me and the other people that suggested things for a new update feel seen and listened to. 

Since i was like 4 years old i consumed any kind of fantasy, high fantasy, low fantasy, urban fantasy, no matter which genre, and no matter which way, movies, video games, series, books. I have read, seen and played so much that i have become very picky and selective over the years. And even tho there are so many HUGE fantasy video games with probably alot more developers and designers out there, warspear is the one that got me stuck.  my 10 year anniversary will happen roughly around the time of the update and i did never regret playing  this game. I m in love with the way they portrayed fantasy and its elements throughout the years and the way they implemented different aspects from various mythologies while still creating a wonderful own mythology. I love that they are so versatile when it comes to creating different maps even using the same colour patterns (which create a great atmosphere) 

And now im even more grateful that they use a new colour pattern, more vivid and warm. 
And having the feeling that i and many of the active players of this game contributed to this decision makes me extremely happy. 

I am looking forward to this new update and i can barely hold in my excitement❤️

i love u guys ❤️ no matter what ppl say abt devs being lazy or greedy, this shows that u never left our side 🍀🐢Tyy for developing for so many years now and i wish you the best of luck and success for this update!!!!

Edited by Mooh

Please bring back pvp minions back in ap dealer, put useful NPCs which will help and not something people forget once they are done with it. Try introduce a castle in the new map or in map 2. Need more stories on the astral lab, outerworld! of course. make new high level kronus set gears. Please make a fair sided raid bosses where elf can take theirs, legion can take theirs.

Please do introduce castle logs. introduce more better high level arena pots and scrolls. introduce pvp mace with speed. To avoid unnecessary pains, please try your best not to mix up pve with pvp. introduce new travel mechanism which helps you travel within towns inexchange for crimson conundrums (as most people don't use it on current npc), introduce new rewards in crimson conudrums dealer, arena shop and npcs just like in nadir but for higher level. please lower the cost of gears in map 1 and map 2, very illogical price for beginners, add boss ress timer and chat timer in chats. give a feature to cycle between your favorite ws soundtrack, PLEASE increase the limit of knowledge gained, also add knowledge in arena, please add more rank systems for guild ranks. I will suggest more when i remember, but for now last but not least, first fix the existing problems between factions of unfairness

7 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Selling sand weapons, water bottles and Camels! Book now to avail 25% discount on select items. 

Well it worked out for T5 Ayvo aswell

At first i was sceptical because "Capitalism is so advanced, we're paying to breathe now"

But the system was pretty cool and also pretty logical. You do need oxygen to breathe under water. and we were able to get tons of oxygen simply by daily events and questing so... I never bought oxygen in mcoin store and neither did modt of the ppl i know🦁There are good chances for Non p2w players. 

If they use such a system It'll probably be okay like t5 one😁 and also it makes u deliberate more on which quests you wanna do and how😁😁 and lets be real, filling up another talent tree will be cool aswell 🍵 I myself really enjoy the talent trees and the feeling of gradually becoming stronger and more versatile every day i play🐢 Of course not everyone agrees on that point but i like it alot

😁😁

Edited by Mooh

For almost 4 years without new content besides talants i hope this is good and very hope we will have some good loot drops from mobs

and maybe new mechanics why not ill keep eye on this.

56 minutes ago, coldravens said:

For almost 4 years without new content besides talants i hope this is good and very hope we will have some good loot drops from mobs

I do agree and I hope we also get some new arenas and new stuff! I do hope to see a pets system. 

5 hours ago, Baphometh said:

Cool map, but does that mean no new classes this year? 

Means that there will be a new cool map. :khekhe:

1 hour ago, coldravens said:

There are so many plans.

But let's say that in some areas, there will be never before seen mechanics. :shifty:

Let's wait for the next diary

В 28.07.2022 в 06:16, LeeLoo сказал:

diary_arabic_1200х630.png

Dear friends!

It's time to take a look at the devs diaries and find out some details about the upcoming big adventure in the Warspear Online universe! As you already understood from the title, we will talk about a completely new island, which right now is being created by the efforts of our development team.

An expedition to uncharted lands requires preparation, so we will reveal some secrets of the new territory for you in advance. Today we're going to talk about the features of the island and guide you through the storyline, and in the following diaries you will learn about the new game mechanics of the global update, which is scheduled for release in the summer of 2023. We remind you that the project is in developing, which means that any elements may be changed by the time of release.

Well, get ready, because we begin!

History of Almahad Isle

The fame of the power of the Chainless League resounded everywhere from time immemorial, but until now crafty merchants were reluctant to share stories about the lands of their ancestors - the distant Almahad island, lying in the east of Arinar. It's time to hear the history of the island!

Long time before the start of the War for the Spear, the fruitful lands of the Almahad became the cradle of the human civilization created by Harad. The mentors of the human tribes were the Jakkars, who passed on to their wards the knowledge of writing and constructing. Over time, people began to worship jakkars and built majestic pyramids in which jakkars hid from the blinding sun, and ziggurats for observing heavenly bodies. No one knows for sure the fate of this first civilization - now only silent ruins of stone buildings and echoes of the mystical cult of the Black Sun remind of it. One thing is clear: when the Great Rift split the single Arinar, most of the once rich lands of Almahad turned into a lifeless desert, the inhabitants of the island had to temporarily forget about ancient beliefs and plunge into the struggle for existence. In these years of famine, when trade was the only key to salvation, the guilds reached unprecedented power on the Almahad. Soon, most of the scattered settlements united in an economic union - the League of Chainless Trade Cities of Almahad, and the city of Er-Sahil, built on the ruins of a destroyed sanctuary, became the capital of the union. Thus began a new era in the history of Almahad - a history in which you have to write many glorious pages!

gif.gif

In search of an artifact

As you understand, now Almahad is experiencing a real heyday and has become a place of pilgrimage for desperate adventurers and adventurers. But the warriors of Arinar on the island are in for a serious test!

After completing the storyline on Sector V of Ayvondil, the Alliances take possession of powerful artifacts that can eliminate the threat to Arinar. Each Alliance is sure that only his artifact will give an undeniable advantage and help win the War for the Spear. However, it soon turns out that over the centuries spent in the roots of the Tree of Life, the artifacts have fallen asleep. In order to awaken them, the power of an equally ancient and powerful artifact is needed. Rumor has it that such treasures are the real passion of the Chainless League merchants, who collect and export antiquities from all over Arinar to Almahad.

It seems that both Alliances need heroes who will dare to travel far and get the desired artifact! Merchant Danair is ready to give you his ticket to the ship that goes to Er-Sahil, the capital of the Almahad. You can't miss this opportunity, right? And now the hot east wind blows the sails of the ship... Almahad Isle is ahead!

1732835761_02.png

Map of Almahad Isle

The territory of the island is common to all factions and is divided into several parts. In its southern part is the city of Er-Sahil, in the port of which you arrive at the beginning of the storyline. To the north of the city is a desert with an area called Golden Sands. Impassable mountains will separate Golden Sands from other game sectors. In the first release, two territories will be available - the Mirage Desert and the Scorpion Kingdom. In total, it is planned to release five different game sectors during the several years. After reading the diary to the end, you will find how each part of the island is connected.

805015495_01.png

The capital Er-Sahil

The adventure begins as soon as you go ashore! The capital of Almahad is different from the usual small settlements of Irselnort. The multi-level city gradually rises from the port - immediately behind the port taverns, endless city slums begin, which are replaced by an equally vast market area with multi-colored tents of street tradesmen. It looks like you can buy and sell anything in this place, but don't be fooled! Here you have to go through the first part of the quests.

1102576467_0.png

In the center of the capital, the white-stone palace of the caliph is hidden behind high walls. If luck is on your side, the current caliph named Ziryam Sahib will honor you with an audience, but you should not relax after a magnificent reception in the palace. It's no secret that the real power in the Chainless League belongs to the Council of the Golden Belts, which includes the heads of the leading guilds. You have to see each of the opposing sides of this unique world, run around the rooftops and even fly in a hot air balloon, but do not forget about the main goal - finding an artifact for your Alliance. As you progress through the storyline, you will learn that information about the location of the artifact should be found in the guild staffs, which are also located in the city.

Non-playable guilds of Almahad

At first, you will meet two of the five guilds represented in the Almahad. Did you realize that nothing on this island is what it seems? Similarly, non-playable guilds in Almahad do not intersect with the usual military guilds in any way and are separate coalitions, interaction with which promises you unique advantages. We will tell you in details about all the possibilities and features of interaction with non-playable guilds in the following diaries, but for now, keep in mind that first you need to gain the trust of each of them by completing the quests of meeting and joining a guild. In addition, the island of the Chainless League does not welcome the “play both sides”, which means that at the same time you can only be a member of one non-playable guild.

Each of the Almahads guilds has its own unique characteristics, but all of them are united by the desire for unlimited power and faith in the power of the main shrine - the mysterious rim of the Black Sun. After receiving orders from the heads of the guilds, you understand that the true solution to the mystery of the artifact is located outside the city walls.

Real strength tests await you as soon as you leave the city! The fortress walls protect Er-Sahil from the sandy whirlwinds that rage in the desert and are impassable for a foot traveler. As you understand, you need special “vehicles” to move around. Maybe you already have an idea what it is?

872025451_033.png

The Mirage Desert

The search for an artifact in the Mirage Desert is impossible without the participation of the true owners of this part of the island - the genies. The monstrous power of magic has changed the face of the Mirage Desert, because genies get here after fulfilling the three wishes of their masters. Even after gaining freedom, genies stayed true to their habit of living in houses resembling oil lamps, but now this ancient city is almost completely destroyed.

image_2022-07-27_14-59-444.png

The city's slums, commercial and rich areas have suffered greatly from the endless confrontation between the genies-lawyers and the rebellious genies who managed to get their freedom through dishonest way. The latter even entered into an alliance with ifrits - distant relatives of the genies, personifying chaos and the fury of fire. The fiercest battles take place near the ruins of the city walls, not far from the entrance to the sector, and it looks like the rebellious genies and ifrits are victorious.

mob_1_face.gifmob_1_left.gif

To turn the tide of confrontation, you will have to cross the Mirage Desert and make your way to the temple district, where the ifrits and genies-betrayers live, and there is also the Temple of the Unfulfilled with great magical power contained in it. In addition, to advance in the storyline, you will need to deal with ifrits!

The Scorpion Kingdom

The Scorpion Kingdom is a country of brave warriors, a land of luxurious royal tombs, fierce fights in the arena, hidden sanctuaries of jakkars and endless confrontation that has been raging in these lands since ancient times. Is that why the sand in this part of the desert has acquired a red tint?

mob_2_face.gifmob_2_left.gif

An ancient curse dominates on the Scorpion Kingdom, turning its people into cruel and bloodthirsty monsters - half-humans, half-scorpions, and the new king attacks the Chainless League caravans, wanting to take control of trade routes, but it is in your power to stop it! To do this, you will have to find the true cause of the cruelty that is happening here by going to the Valley of the Kings, where the ancient rulers of the kingdom are buried in the majestic pyramids. After completing this part of the quests, your reward will be not only the freeing people from the curse, but also the approach to the main goal - the artifact... 

Golden Sands

Exploring the mountain paths on the borders of the Scorpion Kingdom and the Mirage Desert, you will easily find many caves that will lead you to the desert of Golden Sands. Be prepared in advance for the fact that it will be really hot there, because it will be a territory of open and fierce confrontations - both between individual players and between military alliances. Various activities will take place on the territory of Golden Sands, as well as special guild opportunities and content available only to members of a certain non-playable guild will open there.

image_2022-07-25_13-42-41.png

As you understand, the island of the Chainless League is not a place where you can survive alone, relying only on old knowledges and combat skills. Choosing any of the sides of this many-sided and changeable world, be ready to learn new skills and open new talents, as well as a new hierarchy system... But we will tell you about this in details in one of the next issues.

See you in the vastness of Arinar!

AIGRIND

new character plus new map that they take out would be the best, everyone expects more a new class itself @LeeLoo @Dr Strange

please increase rate drop permanently of dungeons, i have doing mermen dungeon a lot of time and never got armor, also in other dungeons, is unfair spend 1 stam for just common resources and pots.... even miracle coin players do many runs for good amplification, good items and a lot of stams....

And also like somebody told here up, increment max knowledge daily of quest and dg

Edited by Zedeght

1 hour ago, Zedeght said:

please increase rate drop permanently of dungeons, i have doing mermen dungeon a lot of time and never got armor, also in other dungeons, is unfair spend 1 stam for just common resources and pots.... even miracle coin players do many runs for good amplification, good items and a lot of stams....

And also like somebody told here up, increment max knowledge daily of quest and dg

This I can get behind! Even if it means some event costumes are harder to get but please increase armor drop rates

1 hour ago, Zedeght said:

something else they can also do is add some lower rarity gear (one lower than the dungeon's rarity in this moment max) with higher droprates 

Wait..

"Vehicles" 

Mounts perhaps? I hope it's not camels I hate those more than koalas 

6 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Wait..

"Vehicles" 

Mounts perhaps? I hope it's not camels I hate those more than koalas 

We are in the desert... :head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

4 hours ago, Higgings said:

We are in the desert... :head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Most empires in the middle east used horses because camels are stubborn and hard to use in delicate situations 

15 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Most empires in the middle east used horses because camels are stubborn and hard to use in delicate situations 

My point was not to expect Mountable Goats or Gorillas in the desert xd

On 8/1/2022 at 3:58 PM, Higgings said:

My point was not to expect Mountable Goats or Gorillas in the desert xd

Ah yes the perfect mount! A mountain goat! 

Who can catch me now!

Dev diaries every month? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys, see you in 6 years when this finally releases lmao

EDIT: I stand corrected.

Edited by Nosotraes

• 4 months later...

I hope the event time of the new map will be in line with the time of Chinese players.

Most of us only have a lot of play time after 19:00 in the evening.

• 2 weeks later...