A problem with reserves

once again we return to talk about this class so problematic, this time it will not be an adjustment. of skill statistics or some change of little used skills if not a small problem that I don't know if I consider it a bug due to the following:

After leaving the class for a long time, I came back after realizing that there were ways to take advantage of the change in skills that they made after playing for a while, I realized a problem that honestly bothers me too much and they are the secret reserves, this skill until now has saved me in many situations but there are times when it just can't carry my uselessness and I die, now. when you are about to die this ability activates and goes on cooldown, all right. When the skill is not able to keep you alive and you die this skill loses the damage reduction effect and stays on cooldown even after reviving which doesn't make sense since your skills are supposed to reset after reviving, to a certain moment it was not a bother since in pve it is not noticeable but the problem comes when you go to the arena, this ability does not reset after dying so if you are in 5v5, 2v2, 3v3 or any battles and you die this ability does not reset when you leave the arena

So you would have to wait 120sec(2min) outside the arena to have the reserves again? It seems completely ridiculous to me since I don't see any sense in that an ability as important as this one doesn't reset when leaving arenas or after dying, practically making you an easy target for anyone.

This time I'm not asking for a favor because, as I said, it seems absurd to me to even have to ask for something that is supposed to be like that from the beginning, and that is that the reserves (I don't know if other passives have this problem) are restarted after dying/exiting arena since as I already explained there is no point in having to wait so long to be able to go back to the arena or having to risk facing a boss who already killed me with my reserves or the bonus it gives when on cooldown

I wasn't going to talk about it but after talking to a friend who told me that this problem has been going on for a long time I just can't keep quiet

I hope that this problem will be resolved soon and having said this I say goodbye and wish you all a good day

It's indeed the only skill which uses this mechanism. I think it deserves a further look from devs now. It has passed long enough. 

"long", is just 3 years i think maybe we should wait 3 years more .

Dk is only tank in arena that cant tank i mean u can make like full tank build for pvp but u will just be able to tank and u wont be able to stun or do dmg . This class is easily countered anywhere . Magic build is easily countered and there isnt just 1 way to counter it there is like 100. For example u can use purification pot or mage/chief/barb can counter it with their resist skill . Priest with cleanse same with sham now even necro is able. Heavy merman also can counter it . Or you can ... Idk if u guys are ready for this since this is 300iq move ... Walk away from curse. And ur left with sharp shadow as only dmg source and its also easily countered by stats like parry/block/dodge. Rest of the skills are not worth to try and reserves cd is only thing that makes dk "tanky" (not to mention that dk need to use hp regen runes that dont give any other value than to just be used for this skill) . But when i see warden or barbarian die in arena i dont see their stone skin cd of 2 min or wd block heal skill(i forgot name) . Its completly unfair+they dont sacrifice any of their "tank" stats to use their passive .

If u want to make arena dk better stop. And if u want to make it for pve its pointless since pve is just for dmg classes

if reserve can be reset after death,then dk will be very annoying in seals and crucible bcs of thier survival ability. reset after finishing arena fight will be a pretty good solution.

also,dk has  pretty old machenism,a tank focus on control ability is out dated  when players gets castle scrolls for resist and purification potion.magic build is very good in pve, in pvp,magic build is strong when encountering multi melee characters,but fragile when fighting with ranger and druid .

threat of darkness,aura of hatred,dark shield,there are many improvement that devs can make for dk.

in skills balance last year,dk get buffed,and in update about new talents,dk gets some team support potential on their aura,also an addition on duration of blood protection.im hoping for the next coming update,wishing something good for dk.dk should be slow but strong,sadly,its now slow and dumb

On 7/22/2022 at 11:39 AM, Santa Claus said:

Idk if u guys are ready for this since this is 300iq move ... Walk away from curse.

Ngl you got me with this xd. 

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

Ngl you got me with this xd. 

i mean thats the biggest thing i ever seen, noone has ever tought of just walk out of AOE attack at all, i sometimes find it funny seeing people just walk on them instead of just be smart for a second (you can also go over with skills such as mage's teleport and barbarian charge, thank me later)

On 7/22/2022 at 6:39 AM, Santa Claus said:

If u want to make arena dk better stop. And if u want to make it for pve its pointless since pve is just for dmg classes

Don't be so hard bro. It's still possible.

IMG_20220729_120748.jpg

The current bug for players using the class and trying to create a tank, when the developers refer the class to a Vampirism melee Mage.

But I agree that the class needs at least one more effective area control skill. It's embarrassing that Sharp Shadow for example has an 80% stun chance on 4/4, which goes into Parry, Resist, Dodge and Block parameters. While some enemy faction classes have area control abilities that don't even need to select a target.

In other words, they are skills with incredible potential that are totally outdated if we consider the current mechanics of the game. Just like the Secret Reserve itself

Edited by Filipe Ramon

Deathknight and Warlock both needs buffs to help the classes. Secret Reserves needs to be reset after death and a buff for pvp like how it helps reduce damage from mobs 

6 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Ur build seems nice but doesnt change fact that dk is i would say worst class in pvp and even pve scenario since ppl use barbarians as tanks bcs they can do good amount of dmg while they are tanking

15 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

IMG_20220729_120748.jpg

The current bug for players using the class and trying to create a tank, when the developers refer the class to a Vampirism melee Mage.

But I agree that the class needs at least one more effective area control skill. It's embarrassing that Sharp Shadow for example has an 80% stun chance on 4/4, which goes into Parry, Resist, Dodge and Block parameters. While some enemy faction classes have area control abilities that don't even need to select a target.

In other words, they are skills with incredible potential that are totally outdated if we consider the current mechanics of the game. Just like the Secret Reserve itself

The way DK is built is kinda messy indeed. Developers are hardly trying to give this class a sort of use in terms of magic damage and - not going to lie - they did a pretty decent job in PvE. PvP, however, being Reserves our main skill to survive (in a more reliable way - not taking into account Vampirism and Distortion of Life...) and being this stat located in Rings and Items which do not include a high ammount of Resilience for 2h users, I believe that the physical build with mace and shield still remains the best option for this class. I believe DKs need a mean to increase noticeably their defensive statistics while using 2h weapons. Parry, Health and such - anything which makes them more tanky in PvP. It would help them to better stick to an innovative approach such as magic dmg in arena. This class is extremely outdated if compared to their colleagues tanks, in this sense. 

Dk need heal skill . If reserves would maybe be reworked to make hp regen  valuable itn would be good since all tanks got some way of heal during fights but dk got one with 2 min cd . Sharp shadow combo doesnt seems like heal for me. Since dk loses most of its stats on hp regen and it doesnt really fit the meta since every1 is using defensive stats or life stealth. Also  magic curse is main source of dmg and its so easily countered. Without it dk is left with no dmg at all. And dk doesnt really have control over that skill . And for phy build its just useless to use it bcs it doesnt really fit the meta bcs it doesnt give much value as others . U cant deal enough dmg , stun build is easily countered and still u dont tank enough expect with blood protection and its just for few second and then if ur stunned u cant use it.

If you want to make reserves viable you kind of need to scrap the whole hp regen thing from it all together. I suppose the class would lose some of its identity but as things stand all it does is complicate dk builds unnecessarily. I think having each healing tick of reserves heal x% of total hp every 1-2 seconds and the amount depends on combination of flat % from the skill itself and magic damage lets say. I'm not sure about the %s id give it because if you aren't careful you could end up with something stupid like 40% hp heal every tick but at least it'd be better. Also this way there would always be a reason to have some amount of magic in every dk build and it would allow for minmaxing in pvp by for example using a magic contender amulet on a 1h+shield build since amulet has the lower flat dmg boost or something like that.

1 hour ago, Raislin said:

If you want to make reserves viable you kind of need to scrap the whole hp regen thing from it all together. I suppose the class would lose some of its identity but as things stand all it does is complicate dk builds unnecessarily. I think having each healing tick of reserves heal x% of total hp every 1-2 seconds and the amount depends on combination of flat % from the skill itself and magic damage lets say. I'm not sure about the %s id give it because if you aren't careful you could end up with something stupid like 40% hp heal every tick but at least it'd be better. Also this way there would always be a reason to have some amount of magic in every dk build and it would allow for minmaxing in pvp by for example using a magic contender amulet on a 1h+shield build since amulet has the lower flat dmg boost or something like that.

It's one of the most reasonable ideas I read so far.

Speaking of stupid number ammounts, though, it happened several times already that we've seen people healing crazy HPs ammount with a far lower CoolDown than Reserves itself and nobody (aside maybe the enemy faction) complained about it that much. 

I fully agree with the build complication Part though. It's an outdated class stat wise. But I believe that they made a good change with the PvE part. It gives some hope.