Suggestion to balance range vs melee

Odin

lol, always when the fight start, i do first hit, then barb already teleport to me  ;D , after that i scatter he, run a little, put trap, he get on trap and then he run to me with charge (maybe my trap not strong enought for nome barbs :blush: ) and then!!! i die  :crazy:

Lux try changing the order you use your skills.  Remember, barb charge is only 2 squares of range.  Your range is greater.  And don't stand still.  When trap and scatter are down you must be moving away.  That's all the hints I can give you.  Ask swaaz of sapphire his tactics.  He is the best kiting ranger I've found yet. 

ranger is pvp class so it sould be able to win all pvp...thats my point

lol, so the other classes are meant to be training dolls or easy supply of arena points,  waste money on arena tickets so rangers gets the wins?

EVERY class is a pvp  class and should have equal advantages.

BD and Barb = Tank

Druid and Shaman = overpowered against melee/ healer / solo some bosses - these two classes are ducked up

ranger and rogue = DPS class.

and who said Rangers & Rogues can't tank??

Сегодня ночью фармили Медузу, как известно это 5й босс. Многие спать ушли за долгий период фарма. И вот нас осталось 4ро самых стойких бойца. Какого же было наше удивление, когда оказалось, что Медуза плывет даже от 4х бойцов.

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

and who said Rangers & Rogues can't tank??

And who said Ranger must be able to tank?

Every class must be different,Not Ranger took all.

Lol this being a ranger starting rage me.

What next? Skills only for Ranger?

And who said Ranger must be able to tank?

Every class must be different,Not Ranger took all.

Lol this being a ranger starting rage me.

What next? Skills only for Ranger?

Rangers get too much advantage, they had the lowest damage then now they have the highest damage thanks to blessing, they already range, why should they have the most damage?  :wacko: IMO, ranged classes should have the lowest damage since they can get 1-3 cheapshots in beginning,

Anyways people go back to topic about RANGED vs. MELEE, enough with this class bullshit  :wacko:

as sulla said, rangers are dmg/s class! what would happen if u see a rogue starting a battle with opponent hp -1000 already or a barb with almost 3000hp or a shaman with 2600hp+ healing 200+ and a ranger with 100dmg/s. what u expect? to his dodge be 70-80%?!

Ranger with 100 dmg? then that's rogue food cause he'd prolly have like 1100 hp.

Barbs are now superior to ranged classes cause of charge well that's ok cause they been garbage since 0.7 til they got charge :tease:  unless his enemy kiting expert  :facepalm:  and against enemies who hit 1000 dmg at the beginning I have 1 word to say to you " trap ", for shamans " earthquake " for druids more harder  :tease:  IDK, heal yourself and barskin  :wacko: then root, run back, bee, and kill

as sulla said, rangers are dmg/s class! what would happen if u see a rogue starting a battle with opponent hp -1000 already or a barb with almost 3000hp or a shaman with 2600hp+ healing 200+ and a ranger with 100dmg/s. what u expect? to his dodge be 70-80%?!

I have no idea what you're trying to argue?  :facepalm:

How do u get to 3k hp on a Barb without the lvl 18 gear? :shok: 

They think that if you amplify you gain HP?  :facepalm:  Only a barb with HP set bonus could reach 3k HP so stop complaining cause a 3k hp barb is rare and takes allot of time to get,

Shaman with 2.6k HP? WTF

I wonder why people usually screaming about ranger strength and forget about other class that truly overpower and left behind in purpose  :pleasantry: . That class love to wear skirt although its a guy...

This way is the only way to balance between range and melee class; all melee should have natural magic resistance and can deflect arrow; or make a huge different between tissue/leather/chain armor damage threshold not by only %, this is fail since increasing armor value about 200 only +0.1% physical resistance or so wtf  :facepalm:

The best way is should be a special team to test the class before launch it to the market. The developer should be a gamer also.

Now the developer just like an ice cream seller but never eat the ice cream, they don't know how the taste  :facepalm:

They think that if you amplify you gain HP?  :facepalm:  Only a barb with HP set bonus could reach 3k HP so stop complaining cause a 3k hp barb is rare and takes allot of time to get,

Shaman with 2.6k HP? WTF

Yes,Barbarian have Strong body constitute,so?

I dont see huge difference.

Btw barbarian with 2900 hp is without other bonus,because using only fortitude.

Only little bigger waiting to death...

I wonder why people usually screaming about ranger strength and forget about other class that truly overpower and left behind in purpose  :pleasantry: . That class love to wear skirt although its a guy...

This way is the only way to balance between range and melee class; all melee should have natural magic resistance and can deflect arrow; or make a huge different between tissue/leather/chain armor damage threshold not by only %, this is fail since increasing armor value about 200 only +0.1% physical resistance or so wtf  :facepalm:

The best way is should be a special team to test the class before launch it to the market. The developer should be a gamer also.

Now the developer just like an ice cream seller but never eat the ice cream, they don't know how the taste  :facepalm:

Finally good answer,not just for one side.

Yes,that is true.

But in theory,barbarian deal lowest damage.

Because fight is time dependant.

Not by deal,and attributes.

Fastest damage rate win.

Noone count with swing and speed formula.

I have no idea what you're trying to argue?  :facepalm:

i argue about ppl think that ranger shouldnt have blessing... cause blessing is very strong etc etc cry cry.

ranger is a damage dealer, if he dont do high dmg, what should he do???

i argue about ppl think that ranger shouldnt have blessing... cause blessing is very strong etc etc cry cry.

Lmao.  :wacko:

No one is saying rangers shouldn't be a high damage class, but doing 2000 damage in just a few seconds is not balanced.  I don't make up false numbers like you:

i with 5 lvl bow amplify did 712 432 432 432 on vestorya....vest has full bg set with amplify of lvl 7-9..n he is ranger tooo... but i was  lucky to beat him 3-0 :P :blush: :pleasantry:

btw vest did 0 dmg in that fight coz his hp is 1.8k lol

Add that up. 

Oh and that's with a LvL 5 bow!  Against leather armor amped amped between 7-9 so against above average defense.

If you think that's balanced then you're a very bad ranger, you're 12, or you're the type who brags about beating Doom with Godmode cheats.  :facepalm:

add to that it was only  time ever in my life that i get 4 crits back to back since the i never ge its not so easy to get 4 crits maybe u got god mode with our rogue thats why you may get often...compare our win% with ranger...or see dragneil win% ...about 2200+/2600 maybe wins..how u say meele weak...

compare cevilone/sakray stats now...his rogue win% way higher than ranger...could you expain why?k

Lmao.  :wacko:

No one is saying rangers shouldn't be a high damage class, but doing 2000 damage in just a few seconds is not balanced.  I don't make up false numbers like you:

Add that up. 

Oh and that's with a LvL 5 bow!  Against leather armor amped amped between 7-9 so against above average defense.

If you think that's balanced then you're a very bad ranger, you're 12, or you're the type who brags about beating Doom with Godmode cheats.  :facepalm:

1.  Show me where I said melee is weak?

2.  Reread my first post in this thread... I said there is zero advantage to melee at a fundamental level.

3.  My suggestions was to remove stagger from ranged attacks giving melee one advantage and that would solve the problem.

4.  Arena stats??  :lol:  come on that's a useless comparison.  For every melee with a good win % i can find a range with the same.  Most arena fights are against uneven levels, uneven gear and can provide zero useful statistics.

Lastly this thread turned into a rangers OP thread somehow so I voiced my opinion that blessing on a range class isn't balanced.  Maybe you think it is though because you think rangers should win all pvp  ;D

Maybe you think it is though because you think rangers should win all pvp  ;D

atleast not let barb rogue shamn win all pvp in it ;D

old game ranger could fire from clift/riff like fire from a mountain n barb had to find starcase n come up...now for rager to fire u need to be in direct line of fire...wonder if ranger were giving original power what would forum look like...i think it was 0.4 maybe..... i saw video on youtube...want link?

lol earlier ranger had steath too..i wonder they will give ranger any inviz now

old game ranger could fire from clift/riff like fire from a mountain n barb had to find starcase n come up...now for rager to fire u need to be in direct line of fire...wonder if ranger were giving original power what would forum look like...i think it was 0.4 maybe..... i saw video on youtube...want link?

No thx I've seen them.  That was a completely different game then.  It's clear theyve gone in a different direction. 

Frankly the game MC vs FB is very even.  One Overpowered Range class vs Two Ranged one slightly OP and one slightly Underpowrred (shamans vs ranger and druid). 

I'd rather see Range evened out with melee at the base level.  then druids get AOE gouge instead of insect swarm, Rangers change blessing to damage add like chop, shaman scatter duration shorter or longer reuse, and barb/bd to get inherent magic resistance, and change kick to poison for rogues. 

One can dream right. 

Quote from that guy who cried that rangers have the weakest damage  :facepalm:

YES! Those were the epic days when stealth lasted forever, not now since elves cried like babies and devs felt sorry for these poor babies, barbs used 2 axes which is very strong and many good shit back then, now it's just gay ranged class owning the hell outta noob melees  :facepalm:  and rogues killing lvl 13 noob rangers & druids ( depends on equip ) in one hit and lvl 18-20 rangers owning everyone in 3 seconds  :wacko: