Suggestion to balance range vs melee

Odin

This is very small detail that would pretty much balance melee vs range for me. 

Remove stagger from ranged attacks. 

That's it.  Nothing more would need to be done. 

This would mean bladedancers barbs and rogues could close distance without getting staggered.  It makes sense bc every ranged class has one or two skills to get more distance (trap, scatter, root, quake, lightning) and therefore doesn't need to stagger the opponent.  Melee classes who catch up to a ranged class should stagger.  It wouldn't be much of an advantage but it would really provide a small benefit to being melee.  Currently there is no advantage to being melee. 

Simple as that. 

Peoples complaining about because they play that class.

This game is much fast to mobile game.

Melee class need massive reaction to play,Barbarian and Bladedancer are hard to play.

True answer for me is from melee player so ok,Slay but i suggest to all player at elf side play Barbarian first before they start say this not true.

For ranged class is pretty easy push enemy away,but "try to be pushed".

For me is every Barbarian skilled master against other classes.

OUR CLASS NEED SOMETHIN LIKE BERSERK SKILL.

For example we need multiple hit skill or something, need make difference between players with onehanded or twohanded weapon.

Barbs are the only ones who have a big chance against ranged class,

Rouges suffer even though they have stealth Bladedancers have more HP & Def,

My rouge couldn't even beat a druid with 180 heal & 180 moon, he just uses root step back and he full hp again  :facepalm:  and I die from good rangers ( not the extreme rangers like Gwapito, he too hard  :wacko:  ) they kill me by the time I strike them in stealth, they don't even need trap with blessing + crit  :wacko:  Bladedancers have chance against Rangers since they have high def & hp just need to Hamstring them fast then they like a stealthless rouge. idk against druids/shamans  :wacko:  Hamstring them so they can't heal/root/lightning? then hope he die :wacko:

Barb and Rogue has charge and invisible to anticipate range attack.

Stay on topic.  This isn't about skills.  So what if there are skills to help counter range.  There are more skills to get range back making a skill comparison completely irrelevant.

This is about the basic fact that there is zero advantage to picking a melee class, and all the advantage belongs to range at a fundamental level. 

Melee class should be rely on high defense and resistance.

Since the beginning the game design is not good in term of defense statistic.

You could see class wearing any type of armor could have similar % physical resistance.

You could see all class have similar hp depend on the gears.

Then look at another successful game, a tank could have huge amount of hp, defense, and resistance compare to other classes but weaker attack.

This game design for online shop only.

All class have 300-400 regular damage, 25-35% phys defense, 2K-2.5K hp

The only different are the skills and close or range type which is range type class take advantage.

This may out of topic, and just want to share my disappointment.

Melee class should be rely on high defense and resistance.

Since the beginning the game design is not good in term of defense statistic.

You could see class wearing any type of armor could have similar % physical resistance.

You could see all class have similar hp depend on the gears.

Then look at another successful game, a tank could have huge amount of hp, defense, and resistance compare to other classes but weaker attack.

This game design for online shop only.

All class have 300-400 regular damage, 25-35% phys defense, 2K-2.5K hp

The only different are the skills and close or range type which is range type class take advantage.

This may out of topic, and just want to share my disappointment.

I have to completely agree though with this though.  :lol:

Your assessment is dead on. 

Yeah, now i just know that between damage and deffence is totally inbalance,

Lets see! Ranger can do damage rate 300-500 in sec and got 2000+ hits in 2 sec

Now compare! shaman just have 1800-2000 HP, 2 sec die,

See also, barbarian using shield vs mage (druid/shaman) totally inbalance, barb atk 150-200 hits and mage healing with 235+ with root or blind, how stupid this game!!!

lololoolool most funny...

Yeah, now i just know that between damage and deffence is totally inbalance,

Lets see! Ranger can do damage rate 300-500 in sec and got 2000+ hits in 2 sec

Now compare! shaman just have 1800-2000 HP, 2 sec die,

See also, barbarian using shield vs mage (druid/shaman) totally inbalance, barb atk 150-200 hits and mage healing with 235+ with root or blind, how stupid this game!!!

lol ranger amplify at 7 arena bow does 307 on rabbit...so if u wear any armour...that too of barb i think it will be 220 max n then u get skill like bd to reduce dmg...moreover ranger blessing has 30sec cooldown so if used once cant be used again in a fight...it works on only luck n more over u guys got block/dodge/parry to  counter it

shaman n druid do dmg too much because we dont have enough def against moon magic .....and SHAMAN IS CURRENTLY MOST OVERPOWERED..

""got 2000+ hits in 2 sec""

lol only one with +10 bow n very very lucky can get this ...lol most of ppl have +5+6 bow how do u think think they can get it 2k dmg over barb n bd who have 3.5k+ def at very basic lvl of amplify maybe +4?...imao

now u say a barb with sheild does 150-200 lol better amplify bro...if u not amplify it u can even beat a guy naked :lol:

blessing, crit-crit + skillcrit-crit = 2000 in most ppl if u use a good arena bow.

isnt it a very rare thing?

now i tell whats a commen thing..my frnd bd savageking pliskn etc n most bd do 1100 as skill crit on bosses then heir combo i tell u is

crit +skill crit+crit=2.5+k  plus theses got so much hp n def

but comeon this happens very rarely that u get 4-5crits back to back..

anyway out of topic these points

lololoolool most funny...lol ranger amplify at 7 arena bow does 307 on rabbit...so if u wear any armour...that too of barb i think it will be 220 max n then u get skill like bd to reduce dmg...moreover ranger blessing has 30sec cooldown so if used once cant be used again in a fight...it works on only luck n more over u guys got block/dodge/parry to  counter it

shaman n druid do dmg too much because we dont have enough def against moon magic .....and SHAMAN IS CURRENTLY MOST OVERPOWERED..

""got 2000+ hits in 2 sec""

lol only one with +10 bow n very very lucky can get this ...lol most of ppl have +5+6 bow how do u think think they can get it 2k dmg over barb n bd who have 3.5k+ def at very basic lvl of amplify maybe +4?...imao

now u say a barb with sheild does 150-200 lol better amplify bro...if u not amplify it u can even beat a guy naked :lol:

Barbs roar wrks only for 1-2 hits & parry is ineffective for ranged & for block u mostly need a shield which brings down attk to 150-200 which leaves you with only dodge in which rangers can increase thiers  as per shamans staff speed is 3.1 secs making 2000 dmg in 2 secs is impossible shaman with attk equipment is closest to the rabbit

and barb with +4 equipment reaches only upto 2.8k-3.0k def dont forget every class except a ranger has 2nd weapon to amp easy for a ranger to focus only on 1 ranger not only powerful but cost effective also

isnt it a very rare thing?

now i tell whats a commen thing..my frnd bd savageking pliskn etc n most bd do 1100 as skill crit on bosses then heir combo i tell u is

crit +skill crit+crit=2.5+k  plus theses got so much hp n def

but comeon this happens very rarely that u get 4-5crits back to back..

anyway out of topic these points

Ah well this thread is already derailed.  Lol. I can agree that shamans are the most effective in a 1v1 setting, but they're simply difficult to deal with they aren't instakilling people.

Kos the point with peoples complaint on blessing is that no one should do 2k damage whether its rare or not. 

And how rare is it?  Well since its based on your crit stat I'd say about 25%.  Not really rare. 

Saying people dodge it isn't valid.  People dodge my from stealth attack or hammy or any attack really.  Raise your accuracy.  Saying people parry it is funny because you can only parry melee. 

Once a fight?  Fine.  So once a fight every 4-5 fights rangers get to instant kill someone.  Come on now even you have to agree that's not balanced. 

Just to get back on track:

Melee attacks are subject to parry, block, and dodge.

Ranged attacks are only subject to block and dodge.

Both attacks stagger opponents.

Ranged is obviously at a distance while melee is obviously next to your opponent. 

There is zero benefit to choosing melee.  All the advantage goes to range in this game.  It's funny.  Most games have an interrupt system where ranged classes can't attack once engaged by melee.  Or they attack at half speed or damage.  This is the only game I know where there is zero negative aspect to being ranged. :facepalm:

You guys keep saying Rouges hit 1000, BD's hit 1000, well why don't you noobs just shut up, How the F can a BD do what Alonso14 just said to ranger/shaman/druid when he can't even get near them since they have blind/scatter/earth/root, and rouges have 30/100 chance against ranged classes, depends on crits, dodge, and skill timing. if the rouge gets unlucky he dies in 3 seconds or 10 if he gets lucky dodges  :facepalm:

Barb's have the highest chance against melee thanks to charge + their high defense.

and as I've noticed they increased ranged classes/NPCs range in an update...  :facepalm:  now they can hide behind some obstacles and get cheapshots while enemy has to run to him and loses half of his hp..

You guys keep saying Rouges hit 1000, BD's hit 1000, well why don't you noobs just shut up, How the F can a BD do what Alonso14 just said to ranger/shaman/druid when he can't even get near them since they have blind/scatter/earth/root, and rouges have 30/100 chance against ranged classes, depends on crits, dodge, and skill timing. if the rouge gets unlucky he dies in 3 seconds or 10 if he gets lucky dodges  :facepalm:

Barb's have the highest chance against melee thanks to charge + their high defense.

and as I've noticed they increased ranged classes/NPCs range in an update...  :facepalm:  now they can hide behind some obstacles and get cheapshots while enemy has to run to him and loses half of his hp..

thats the point... did any time u see a ranged class fight  front by front?

mages atk from long with spells...

rangers atk from long with ur accuracy arrows

melee need go close to atk or throw ur sword away  ;D

When ranger fights at close range it deals more dmg than a melee anyway, due to blessing / high crit and pen

Melee class is very limited by laggy reaction,for most ranged class is too easy to shot melee down.

Most of them complaining because they afraid of no profit from future update.

Game need redesign , at least speed attributes , hp!!

Better. play melee before start say that no true.

As i said every melee player is reaction expert now. Game too easy for ranger.

He is still overpowered.

Next thing is aabout skill setup, nothing much to choose from ,that is another problem.

If devd will add weapons and itemd with attribute like Poison or percentual chance to use attribute, game will be better.

At least we melee need better chance to fight or redesign other classes.

Usually other games have test fight or server , or roll many changes to better balance.

i think defence is not gruanted to win, cuz between def and dmg isn't balanced, however you are melee having 5K+ def, but ranged enemy can deal 2K hits in 1-2 sec and sure u will waste HP during u got blind, root, scatter, traps. Now tell me: please answer this,

barbar shield mode vs mage healer mode, who is win? Ofc 100% mage win.

When barbar success charged mage but how stupid barbar's one handed-axe only atk 130-150 hits against mage healing 230-240. and the most stupid when barbar die, mage's HP is still full

If devd will add weapons and itemd with attribute like Poison or percentual chance to use attribute, game will be better.

Dont talk about that i dont want any new mshop items  :wacko:

And i think most overpowered class is shaman ;)

Dont talk about that i dont want any new mshop items

And i think most overpowered class is shaman

That items must drop from boss only,not served for rich noob.

Amplify is same. They can bring trade center where gold can be transfered to Miracle coins.

Let see what will devs do about this in the future. It is absolutely right that range class got many advantages. Range class not suppose to have a very destructive power like ranger also they do critical a lot.. Thats crazy.. High damage and high critical chances.. That absolutely not right.. Hope devs realize this n fix this one day..Only share my thought here.. Thx.. :)

its even worse when u try ranger x barb... charge, half hp done, barb scatted, half hp lost, barb charge again, ranger dead

barb x druid heal type (no barb dumbass enought to go 1h x druid...) barbs big hp... 2600... druid hitting 150... ages to kill while barb will be doing high dmg... purely luck to see who win but druid more able to kill it

barb x druid dmg type: bye druid

barb x druid balance type: bye barb.

Okay.. Let me fix this.. Rangers/shaman/druid can cover barb's charge area, so before we start to charged they already attacked barb. So what the point of charge anyway.. Its useless when enemy started to attack, barb's charge wont stop them. charge only work mostly for melee class and only works once in a fight. I've experienced this many times in arena.Perhaps u guys can try ur friends barb class character.

its even worse when u try ranger x barb... charge, half hp done, barb scatted, half hp lost, barb charge again, ranger dead 

Charge does not work second time. For that matter 1st time is also a chance to stun. its main objective is to cover up distance... but it works only for 2 blocks which makes quite a less difference. Rangers even without blessing hit hard! And barbs have awesomely low atk speed! 

They should make melee classes have a new skill, like you have another energy bar but it's for running, then you get to run like drogon  or Parantir's guards when you on it or slower :wacko: and you need to rest to regen your energy

Lmao I noticed theres no traps in your barb scenario no wonder.  You're one of those rangers who stands there and expects enemies to die before they get to you  :lol:

Maybe try using all your skills learn how to use them then provide analysis :wacko:

Because you're using trap at the wrong time.  I'm not going to teach you how to play your class properly but I can assure you you aren't currently.  :rofl:

Because you're using trap at the wrong time.  I'm not going to teach you how to play your class properly but I can assure you you aren't currently.  :rofl:

lol, always when the fight start, i do first hit, then barb already teleport to me  ;D , after that i scatter he, run a little, put trap, he get on trap and then he run to me with charge (maybe my trap not strong enought for nome barbs :blush: ) and then!!! i die  :crazy:

lol, always when the fight start, i do first hit, then barb already teleport to me  ;D , after that i scatter he, run a little, put trap, he get on trap and then he run to me with charge (maybe my trap not strong enought for nome barbs :blush: ) and then!!! i die  :crazy:

i still love emo girls yahoo

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=21436.0 best quest u could have on warspear :D

u not going see me lvl16+ anymore, everytime i get lvl15, i play it a while then delete and lvl1 again with other class

maybe hes lv15 ranger that not yet done bg quest vs lv17barb full amped

no wonder,,,, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nah he lies...he using lv 16 rnger of his frnd :blush:

always die by blackness :bad:

maybe hes lv15 ranger that not yet done bg quest vs lv17barb full amped

no wonder,,,, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

odin i have a question

why you always compare class by pvp

lets say ranger /shaman rules pvp

ok

but ranger cant tank on boss(unless total amplify but i taking simple case with no amplify)

bd n barb can easily tank bosses

now

rogue=can do majority of quest quite easily in steath mode

i never died with my rogue in island 1 when on quest thanks to steath

druid n shaman were never ment for pvp..they only heal the tank ..but shaman pvp skills are overpowered i agree

now ranger

ranger is pvp class so it sould be able to win all pvp...thats my point

can ranger(or druid shamn) do quest as easy like rogue? or tank boss like bd barb?

now why you select melee ---coz u can tank boss or do easy quest

why u compare all classes by pvp skills?

please answer ::)

If am not mistaken i clearly remember a ranger named sherilda with a druid was farming aa just the two of them and yea ranger was useing just cc bow i was gonna take ss of that but totally forgot abt it later & also 1 of the rangers told me that he used to tank a few bosses alone up until they removed blessing or scatter on bosses rogues can tank on bosses why cant a ranger and shaman and ranger hav almost the same skills even quake hardly as any effect on ranger how come its so over powerd ???????

odin i have a question

ok

but ranger cant tank on boss(unless total amplify but i taking simple case with no amplify)

now

rogue=can do majority of quest quite easily in steath mode

i never died with my rogue in island 1 when on quest thanks to steath

druid n shaman were never ment for pvp..they only heal the tank ..but shaman pvp skills are overpowered i agree

now ranger

can ranger(or druid shamn) do quest as easy like rogue? or tank boss like bd barb?

now why you select melee ---coz u can tank boss or do easy quest

why u compare all classes by pvp skills?

please answer

Lol, this answer sucks.How you can use ranger for tank boss lol...It is like use Car for FMX.

Ranger must have specific place,not bang,bang,bang,enemy ko.

NEVER SAW RANGER TOO OVERPOWERED,JUST IN THIS GAME.

In this world usually exist rules in mmorpg.

Just this game using confusing style.

Ranger. is usually fast,not huge powered class with advantage on range.

Not when melee is close,and getting same damage. But,you just lazy so you playing most poor character called Ranger.This need huge fix,game just sucks with that.

From now for me one rule.

Ranger= No skill

Bladedancer=practically Barbarian

Bd is skilled, not ranger.

odin i have a question

ok

now

Lmfao. 

For many reasons let me list them:

1.  First, who the Hell cares who quests are easy for?  When you're done with all quests what's left?  PvP.

2.  There's this thing called an arena...that's pvp

3.  Was stealth changed because quests were too easy for rogues? Hell no.  It was unbalanced in pvp having 100% invisibility.

4. Rangers can't tank?  Are you serious?  They shouldn't be able to tank....maybe because they aren't tanks.

Finally let's get to the heart of your point:

:clapping: bravo you finally said it.  Rangers should win all pvp.  This is the heart of your argument?  That rangers should be able to mow down rogues barbs and bds at range with the highest damage potential of all classes because they can't tank or do quests easy?  Lmfao pvp is the endgame and therefore should be what is balanced for.  I'm quite sure I'd break my neck diving into the depth of your thought on this one. Rangers are Op but its ok bc they're a pvp class?  Gimme a break  :rofl: