Overall changes a lot of players would like to see!

Arthas

Overall changes that would help the game (imo)

I consider my self to be a player that likes to "do it all" in  game and try to overcome any content possible as a personal challenge , but unfortunately in the last years , the game has come to a state that as long as you and your party are well geared and have medium-high amp all PVE content will become trivial , which to me atleast , is really sad.

Don't get me wrong , i understand that having AMP + Gear matter in difficulty makes total sense as it is a huge flow of revenue to the company , and it needs revenue to keep working , BUT , what i think should happen is everytime we have a great boost in gear power there should be content that also gets harder , to keep all players having something to work for.

Theres also other changes that i would like to see :

(First i'd like to start by thanking the company for the recent changes to multiple builds , multiple relics, that had such a huge positive impact in the community and is something that we have been asking for a long time , really , it was amazing and huge step in the right direction)

1) More diverse content

Spoiler

The game has plenty of opportunities , and not only in the form of NEW MAPS but also revitalizing old content , such as the Laboratory , which is such a great map and could be expanded upon in many ways.

I'm not a developer nor work in the company , but from my experience as a player , what i've seen is the company spending a lot of it's time and ressources in seasonal events , which i think take up most of their yearly work , but doesn't affect the game overall.

The way most people that i know feel about events is "its more of the same" , opposed to changes in game overall as new talents , multiple builds , nem areas , that are always really happy news.

1.1) Dynamic Events 

Imagine if , with no precise timing or location , 3 times a day some random event popped up :

"A swarm of soldiers attacking one of the cities in map 4" 

"A random Raid Boss popping up in the middle of a city , stronger then usual, and with a 10min timer to kill it"

"A Boss popping in T5 inside one of both cities , and 1 faction would have a quest to defend it for 1hour , and 1 faction would have a quest to kill it"

The possibilities are infinite.

2) Harder Endgame PVE content

Spoiler

I have given a suggestion on the topic before that might be something applicable to warspear , but only the developers can actually know that for sure.

As there is no Competitive/Hard content in PVE nowadays , after a while of grinding it'll just become brainless dungeon spamming and not fun , players that spend $ in the game will hardly ever have a reason to play PVE content as theres no point in doing dungeon runs if you can just buy everything with gold and competitive pve content does not exist at all.

This suggestion would help with that problem.

3) More challenging Raid Bosses

Spoiler

Raid bosses have become "Damage Sponges" since with todays Gear theres absolutely no need for strategy or actual practive as all you need are 30 players with decent gear and every single one of the bosses will be absolutely destroyed.

Raid Bosses are supposed to have hard mechanics that need coordination to work , and should not have a specific respawn timer , bosses should spawn once a day in a completely random moment, that way avoiding people to be standing near the boss waiting for the respawn and killing it in seconds (people have long figured out that boss respawns 22-24h after its death) after respawn , leaving no chance for competition.

I will leave a Raid Boss suggestion here :

EQRd.gif.ac93fff88c669321f8cda8f0f362d1f9.gif

Depth Dwellers

Rot and Ruin

2 Bosses in 1 

- Fight 

Permanent Skill  : For as long as both dwellers are 3 or less pixels apart from each other both of them gain a poisonous aura dealing 1000 damage/s each.

Rot basic attack is an aoe 3x3 consistent dot damage.

Ruin basic attack is physical single target , every 8th attack being a stomp attack dealing 3x damage in a 5x5 area

( forcing people to move away) 

Phase 1 : ( Lasts from 3.000.000 HP to 2.000.000 HP)

Skill 1 - Ruin becomes invulnerable and every 30 seconds will cast "Doom" summoning a wave 6 of mobs that are immune to aggro (mobs will disappear even if not killed after 20 seconds) , those mobs will explode when killed dealing a 5.000 damage in a 2x2 area each.

Skill 2 - Every 250.000 HP Rot casts "Poison Swamp" creating a pool of poison in a 8x8 area dealing 500 damage/s , after 8 sec the area explodes causing "x" amount of damage , and that damage is split among all players inside the area. If no player is inside when the explosion happens Rot heals for 500.000 HP

(forcing as many players as possible to run to the pool of poison to split the damage so no one dies and the boss isn't healed)

Phase 2 : ( Lasts from 2.000.000 HP to 1.000.000 HP)

Skill 1 - Rot becomes invulnerable and casts "Plague Bearer" spreading poison on the floor where it walks , if boss stands still for over 5 sec in this phase it gets 1 stack of a hitkill attack

(forcing the tank that is holding it to have to walk while aggroing the boss and at the same time choosing where to walk to avoid having the entire screen filled with poison areas)

Skill 2 - Ruin every 20 secs will use "Stampede" marking a random player , and after 10 seconds of marking will charge that player stunning and dealing damage in a 4x4 area

(forcing the marked player to run away from the team before being charged)

Phase 3 : (Lasts from 1.000.000 HP to 0HP)

Skill 1 - Every 333.333 HP will cause "Doom"and" Plague Bearer" to be cast simultaneosly.

Skill 2 - "Blood Pact" both bosses need to reach 0 HP in a time window of 10 seconds apart from each other or instead of dying they will heal for 400.000 HP

4) Vampirism Nerf

Spoiler

It has been a topic on out forum for a long time , and its an increasing problem because as itens get stronger, vampirism gets higher and higher 

Strong players have no more need for tanks as most well geared damage dealers have so much self sustain because of vampirism that they can survive any encounter without tanks. even Mermen Sanctuary which is supposed to be the endgame pve content ingame.

If a group without a tank can do it then theres in no point to ever having a tank at all ,  they would just lose effectiveness as tanks deal a lot less damage.

Most content in the game can even be done without the help of healers , which is just surreal.

Damage dealers should not have this much self sustain , vampirism should be capped at 20% , inside dungeons at least.

5) Less Guild vs Guild events

Spoiler

The real focus of the game over the last few years is GUILD CONTENT , the best gear ingame being locked behind having a Winner guild in a PvP focused event.

That leads to a lot of competition , having people need to push their guilds to the limit to be able to access the entirety of pve content , pushing for 100 players online , 100 players with full arena gear , specific builds that are catered towards large scale pvp (the last problem being solved by the recent updates allowing multiple builds). And that is not players fault , because content was designed to be competitive and to push guilds to fight eachother.

I don't think that it is inherently problematic to have such competitive content , but it should not happen so frequently.

Guild vs Guild should happen at the maximum twice a Week .I have lost count of how many players have burned out and quit the game over having so much necessary content in game , because as much as you could argue that "you don't need to do it" , yes you do.

MMORPGs are games that are constantly evolving , and no one wants to be left behind , if you dont participate and win Mermen Trials you'll never reach the best gear ingame (unless you pay , A LOT , which is completely out of question for most players) 

If you dont participate in Invasion of Chaos and get atleast a good position , you'll be behind in T5 talents , by a huge %.

And that is already a 4 time week mandatory event if you wanna keep up with everyone, and when theres an event going on it goes even higher.

Mermen Trials once a week

Invasion of Chaos once a week

Event Guild vs Guild once a week

6) Faction WAR Rework

Spoiler

War has become a "Skill Guild Simulator" , an event where the faction that has more high level guilds has a 90% chance at victory unless they fail miserably at using them.

This event has a really cool concept , but the way it works nowadays is nothing more then 2 hours a week of wasted time.

The event is 10% attacking and 90% standing still in city waiting for the opposing faction to use their "Guild Unity" and "Magic globe of the guild" skills.

It is the most boring time of the week to most Warspear players.

My suggestion would to change it so the WAR is instanced , multiple instances of 100x100 random players , not tied to guild , working as a moba.

100 players from 1 faction vs 100 players from the other faction , that lasted maximum of 30minutes.

And Guild Skills were turned off.

That way it would be more fun, more balanced, and way more easily tuned/changed by developers.

k0rorlcy7dh21.thumb.png.b6f01326f1c543a72ccd6a97ec1bb81b.png

Just to make clear , i love the game and think it is by far the best MMORPG mobile game available right now. Still , it does have a lot to improve to grab new players and retain the ones that are already in.

I'm waiting for feedback and new ideas that i might've not heard before , see you all in Arinar !!  :pleased:

@Higgings @Jcbreff @Nolan @Holmes 

Edited by Arthas

• Arthas changed the title to Overall changes a lot of players would like to see!

dynamic events at random times in the game would be something very interesting.

new styles of pve content is something the game needs, staying in the same dungeons is not exciting :/

I liked the idea of this new raid boss, something different and that requires coordination between people.

the nerf in vampirimos is something that is taking a long time to happen.  but I think it needs to be something other than simply limiting the value of vampirism in dungeons.

I think Guild vs Guild events need to decrease, but it would be interesting to have more options of guild events similar to the ship and grotto, with rewards like chests, knowledge, some buff, it's something interesting and that doesn't require the whole guild to attend.

the faction war in inselnort is very old, and the game has changed a lot over time, unfortunately, this war on map 2 didn't keep up with the game, it's dated, it needs changes to better suit the current game.

I mean i would like some new raid boss that would have some actual mechanics to consider

Maybe not world of warcraft levels where one mistake can mean entire team or in this case guild gets wiped but maybe something that would require more than few minutes to kill and require actual strategy

12 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

I mean i would like some new raid boss that would have some actual mechanics to consider

Maybe not world of warcraft levels where one mistake can mean entire team or in this case guild gets wiped but maybe something that would require more than few minutes to kill and require actual strategy

I think the one that i had as example could be done with 10 players that were actually doing mechanics.

All i want is mechanics i guess , Raid Bosses are too boring nowadays.

PvE overall has nothing challenging.

16 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Honestly i don't think war should be instanced but instead should be staged similar to many events. 

Without it being instanced , nothing would change about the faction balance problems , in all servers theres is a faction with a lot more players.

Instance would mean that the numbers would be even , a more stable and controlled environment , and players would actually have a play in the fight.

When its faction vs faction 1 single player is pretty much irrelevant to the huge mob , i don't think that is interesting gameplay tbh

32 minutes ago, Arthas said:

I think the one that i had as example could be done with 10 players that were actually doing mechanics.

All i want is mechanics i guess , Raid Bosses are too boring nowadays.

PvE overall has nothing challenging.

Without it being instanced , nothing would change about the faction balance problems , in all servers theres is a faction with a lot more players.

Instance would mean that the numbers would be even , a more stable and controlled environment , and players would actually have a play in the fight.

When its faction vs faction 1 single player is pretty much irrelevant to the huge mob , i don't think that is interesting gameplay tbh

i would love to see raid bosses with mechanics that are unique. such as what we see in horror dg with switches that has to be flipped that summons a mob to pull the boss to a certain area where its at a disadvantageous area.

for war i would say give the weaker faction a buff and increase the strength of their banner as to encourage people to fight. also i would love to see chests as a reward for war on top of the buffs

Keep in mind that it's almost 4 +- years since the Pirates update. 

The problem is not the ease of PvE, Each update has its difficulty, they only become easy because obviously you got improvements. A clear example was when Beregar Guard was just launched, That dungeon was challenging in its time, the same goes for T5 today.

Lack of challenge in PvE is the fault of developers for not releasing anything new update.

Only Parts Updates.. 

Raid bosses in my opinion for me it will never be a raid if only 1 pt has drop possibilities, It's like 1 PT farm and the others give support with no chance of getting anything, Sooner or later any boss raid will become easy, any mechanic can be learned is easy. 

Exaggerated Vampirism always leaves many class obsolete for dungeon, it requires revision years ago. 

The war hummmm I can say about this, in the 2015 2016 2017 was fun, today it is the most boring and obsolete event for my taste, To the rank arena helps a lot but as most wins rank with trap, secondary chars, farm PT Loser hahahaha

Edited by Danfake

Vampirism makes normal dungeons trivial but other dungeons with special mechanics cant be completed fast with life steal slone, for example new castle dungeons since they require someone to kill mobs to heal npcs or then normal healer needs to heal

9 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Vampirism makes normal dungeons trivial but other dungeons with special mechanics cant be completed fast with life steal slone, for example new castle dungeons since they require someone to kill mobs to heal npcs or then normal healer needs to heal

As a DK, our only useful mean to survive is indeed Life Steal. Seeing it capped at 20% would be kinda painful indeed, but on the other hand it's also understandable the reason behind such suggestion.

I love the war rework suggestion. Great suggestion over all!