Rangers "Special Class Talents"

Posted (edited)

We all know that ranger is such a strong class, but the new extra talent don't benefit us rangers at all, when I look at other classes, they get talents to be happy of, while we get stuff like:

Ranger

огненный залп.png  Fire volley 

When dealing damage with the “Hail of Arrows” skill, there is a 25% chance to apply the “Burning” debuff to the enemy for 9 seconds. The effect deals periodic magic damage by 33% of the character's physical strength every 3 sec. Increases skill damage radius by 1 yard.

кровавый лотос.png Bloody lotos 

The “Vengeful Shot” skill cannot be blocked or dodged.

неуловимость.png Intangibility 

The positive effect of the "Bitterness" skill additionally adds the "Evasion" parameter to the character by 1%. The character gains an additional skill effect when dodging attacks. The effect does not occur more than once every 2 sec.

The Bitterness buff is literally useless, we can already max dodge without any problem.

Spoiler

1895572210_Screenshot2022-06-07200940.thumb.png.e72c27caf7e8d32bd345afc773a70f20.png

"Vengeful Shot" To not fail this skill is actually nice, but its not really worth being upgraded. the skill has already lost his power in PvP after heavy mermen became a thing, the only thing where it is good at, is in gvgs. 
Who will be able to dodge this skill since Rangers accu is 50% anyway?

"Hail of Arrows" I mean this is fine, but it won't make any difference, adding 600 dmg more in a mass fight, is nothing.

How to improve these skills?

неуловимость.png  Intangibility 

Instead of dodge, A speed buff would be preferred here. Speed is not max in every Situation as Dodge is.

This is fine, I don't have any suggestion for this.

When dealing damage with the “Hail of Arrows” skill, there is a 25% chance to apply the “Burning” debuff to the enemy for 9 seconds. The effect deals periodic magic damage by 33% of the character's physical strength every 3 sec. Increases skill damage radius by 1 yard.

33% dmg is way too low, adding that every player already has 50% resi, it will do like 150 each burning effect (if it even activates)
giving a % chance to work on a expert skill isn't nice at all, while looking at other classes, they have a 100% chance to work,
make it at least 50% so people would actually be a little happy for a damage boost.
"increased skill damage radius by 1" while this skill has usage range of 4 yards, which means, we get caught too fast on GvG's, even  the animation is already delayed if we get extra dmg on it with Blessing, which makes the enemy easier to catch us.
I would rather take Usage range +1, than damage radius.

Spoiler

1261425960_ezgif.com-gif-maker(18).gif.70cb74def24f2fe6154bc233dc036f28.gif

About Ranger Talents, I don't feel hyped at all. While I check other classes, they have something to be happy of. Ranger has already been disappointed by giving us 2 useless trap expert skills. I had 2 days to test Ranger on Test Server, spoke with many, no one is really happy about this talents update.

I understand to give us 2 not so good talents, but I expected at least 1 good. none of them are worth to be leveled.

I hope there will be some changes about these Talents, cause if it stays like now, I just find it a little sad

Edited by Babocool

Posted (edited)

image.png.5ffd4a8be151ac6d414ab658d994fb0f.png                                         image.png.d11b568ec67549d8e797eb5764d72e16.png 

My dodge is 60% (max) with 4/5 Evasion skill, and even without the new 1.25% dodge talent. 

there is no use for 

неуловимость.png Intangibility 

The positive effect of the "Bitterness" skill additionally adds the "Evasion" parameter to the character by 1%. The character gains an additional skill effect when dodging attacks. The effect does not occur more than once every 2 sec.

41 minutes ago, Babocool said:

The “Vengeful Shot” skill cannot be blocked or dodged.

lets break this talent, there is NO WAY for "Vengeful shot" skill to be blocked, if the enemy isnt a shield user. 

for shield users, all of them are able to use Heavy mermen set, which makes our stuns pointless, they gonna remove it anyway, so its same as if they block it. nothing changed. 

now for "Dodged" part, Rangers got 20% accuracy from Point shooting, plus the accuracy from guild, talents, armors and weapons, Rangers accuracy is 50%(max) all the time, there is NO WAY that skill can be dodged. 

41 minutes ago, Babocool said:

When dealing damage with the “Hail of Arrows” skill, there is a 35% chance to apply the “Burning” debuff to the enemy for 9 seconds. The effect deals periodic magic damage by 33% of the character's physical strength every 3 sec. Increases skill damage radius by 1 yard.

This is nice at dungeons, 4x4 AOE damage skill with a chance of bleeding effect (even tho the damage is low like theres no point from it too), at gvgs its okey cause of the bigger radius. but still, the damage is way too low. 

замедл ловушка.png Slowing Trap

Increases the strength of the effect that slows the enemy by 5%.

I have never seen a Ranger uses damage trap or slowing, anywhere before, cause there are more useful skills to focus on, 

and they are pretty useless, what would slowing the speed of 1-2 people do? if they are melee they can stun you from distance anyway, if they are range they can still attack you, slowing them does nothing. 

besides that, 

image.png.9bcfe8721e988621bbccf77d5b8d6812.png

tell me where would i place that trap at? which skill from these to replace? i cant put the traps or any of these skills in the extra hotkeys at the left cause they either have low cd or.. they require too many clicks and fast movement to make them effective (for traps) 

I agree to reconsider Rangers talents cause at test server, there was nothing to test for me. everything is just the same. nothing new. 

Edited by God Emerald

I will dare to quote myself here :

On 6/3/2022 at 6:52 PM, Pecleb said:

The third thing I am concerned about are ranger talents.

Talking from a pve point of view : already for the first part of the talent tree ranger got two talents that are useless for pve (dodge like other classes, and trap bleed and silence, bcs both dodge and traps are useless for pve).

I don't like at all the choice ranger got for the selectable talent block :

- intangibility is dodge buff, so for pvp.

- bloody lotos feels super weak to me. It's litterally only useful against block mobs/player. I suppose hunters feel the same way with the streamlined shot talent.

- Fire volley seems weird to me. I never felt like it needed to be 5x5, and because of that huge area increase the chance is only 25% to trigger the burn. I would much rather have a 100% chance (even with a bit less DoT dmg) on a 3x3 area.

I really think one of those (bloody lotos ???) should be replaced by something that increases the dmg for a single target. Some additional bitterness or point shooting effect ?

And by the way : I believe the dodge and speed/crit buff from bitterness should be in two separated skills. I suggest to group the two expert trap skills in one (with adjusted values), and create a new expert for dodge (+ eventually additional effect). Players that have one of the two traps would get the new trap skill, players who have the two would get the new trap skill + the new dodge skill. And the intangibility talent would be applied on the new dodge skill.

13 hours ago, Babocool said:

We all know that ranger is such a strong class

as u said its still strongest class .the new talents and buff stuffs pretty fair Compared to some other classes:thumbs_up1: