The Ultimate Question

lallouss

Question

For years all of us wondered but never asked the Question, many know this by experience or by trials and error but what is true and what is not we need to know and I've never seen anyone ask this before here on forum so lets cut to the chase and ask it once and for all:

How does drops work in warspear for raid bosses and dungeons?

in specific lets take an example: If a Party of 5 people kill a raid boss do they have same chance to receive a good drop as if 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 people killed the same boss?

lets say 1% chance to drop, does the 1% divide into the 5people or each of the party members will have 1% chance?

dungeon same question: does a solo player stand a chance to get a drop from that applied dungeon to get a good drop, if he had more people in his party does his chances increase?

i hope this makes it easy to understand what we all need to know about this Question, if its a secret we will never know i guess i can live with it but let us know if possible to answer it thank you :like_a_sir1:

20 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, lallouss said:

For years all of us wondered but never asked the Question, many know this by experience or by trials and error but what is true and what is not we need to know and I've never seen anyone ask this before here on forum so lets cut to the chase and ask it once and for all:

How does drops work in warspear for raid bosses and dungeons?

in specific lets take an example: If a Party of 5 people kill a raid boss do they have same chance to receive a good drop as if 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 people killed the same boss?

lets say 1% chance to drop, does the 1% divide into the 5people or each of the party members will have 1% chance?

dungeon same question: does a solo player stand a chance to get a drop from that applied dungeon to get a good drop, if he had more people in his party does his chances increase?

i hope this makes it easy to understand what we all need to know about this Question, if its a secret we will never know i guess i can live with it but let us know if possible to answer it thank you :like_a_sir1:

Honestly knowing it is both good and bad.

I see some players drop book in 15 runs

a guy dropped book in first run

and some do +500 no books like how i did and 0

no idea about that but lets see what all people say :wind:

it`s just luck

4 минуты назад, Puppymaster сказал:

Exactly . but its really unfair:stfu:

• Life is unfair too:Penguin5:

1 hour ago, lallouss said:

dungeons dont care of how many people are in there, the drop is simply made with a chest with fixed chances, had no info wich could say the opposite

in this case there is CERTAINLY a decrease in drops depending on how many people are in the party, owever it is not a full on division, from personal experience i can say it does divide, but not as a flat rate/members, but form the very same way it works it seems to prefer to give multiple lower drops rather than bigger ones, wich happens with a single player, wich makes more effective go in a party to farm items with an HIGH drop rate and in solo/small party with items with a lower droprate, but i would need to directly test it (im open to calculate such if someone is open to help me with it, anyone is accepted or even better, more people the merrier) in order to give an clear and true answer to that since my answer to this is 80% speculation

to be simple, i dont know 100%, but we can get the answer by ourselves

2 hours ago, lore said:

multiple lower drops rather than bigger ones,

from my experience back in old days i used to farm bosses solo and i get multiple low drops in 1 character what u suppose to get in all party so yea maybe 1 guy is same as 5 guys in a party killing the same boss and only the damage makes difference but the outcome is it same or not all wonders about it nobody truly has an official answer for it

same goes for dungeon does 1 guy get 1% chance to get book in dungeon lets say and 5 guys in another party has 0.2% each or they have 1% each or less maybe?

u can say but ofc its 1% each party members, but do you really know it for sure? or just speculating because nothing is for sure unless it has facts or many statistics which is hard to do because of the low drop rates, can maybe test this with gears, do like 100runs solo and 100runs with 5 people and see if both gets same amount of gears or 5 people gets little bit more or x4-5 more

the more runs tested the better the statistics

3 hours ago, Puppymaster said:

Honestly knowing it is both good and bad.

true

3 hours ago, Maid said:

it`s just luck

luck based on % and a formula with variables, thats not the question tho, the question is does having a bigger party effect drop rates for all the party combined

same goes for dungeon does 1 guy get 1% chance to get book in dungeon lets say and 5 guys in another party has 0.2% each or they have 1% each or less maybe?

from my experience back in old days i used to farm bosses solo and i get multiple low drops in 1 character what u suppose to get in all party so yea maybe 1 guy is same as 5 guys in a party killing the same boss and only the damage makes difference but the outcome is it same or not all wonders about it nobody truly has an official answer for it

me, on the other hand, expeirenced an increase of drops with higher rarity (out of the usual stuff) when doing solo in general drops, even when i farmed in a party, owever i noticed that while farming items such chololate hearts, skull jewerly boxes and such event chest items the rates werent were seemenly unaffected, taking in account when farming with my lvl6 shaman it was a garrantee in solo farm and was almost a constant drop while i farmed in a trio at lvl32, making it more efficient to farm in a party such items, maybe it depends on multiple factors
but as we both said already it would need alot of data to verify, and since i doubt the rates will be public its best to just straight up test it ourselves if we REALLY want to know it, but i also bet my entire stash of ale that there some exception to this rule wich will make required to redo a damn ton of runs (event mob chests being the first candidate to it, item quest must be or it would be really stupid)

so i think we should ask ourselves: how do we get this info whiout spending an immense amount of time, while at the same time keeping it reliable?

I have always explained the drops in dungeon like this: 

drops are endless list, maybe it repeats itself with different order.. but every time a character enters the dungeon, the drop for him from that list has been selected already. 

so lets say there are 1 million different drop in that list (includes crafts stuff/pots/cards and everything), the "good" drops are also there but in very random locations, there could be a book at the 4th, 40th, 400th or even 400000th slot of the list.. whoever gonna be lucky enough and enter at that time will get it. 

how do parties with 5 people work? i dont know to be honest, probably count as 5 drops from the list. 

now how did i come up with this conclusion? simple, if you noticed after events GvG ends and all guilds get free dungeon entrance for 1h, there are so many drops and so many people pop up their names at world chat, why is that happening now and not other times? because so many people entering the dungeon therefore the list is moving fast. 

also at "x2 chance" weeks or whatever events, they just double the amount of "good drops" in that list. 

that is my idea of how it works, it is not officially confirmed and i might be wrong.  

Edited by God Emerald

I think Is not necessary know it, if we are still going get drop common resources

In others games they don't show parameters but the chance drop is higher

could be nice if developers update the old drop system to stop this dilemma

3 hours ago, Kyrai said:

I think Is not necessary know it, if we are still going get drop common resources

:wind:yeah not necessary

10 hours ago, God Emerald said:

that is my idea of how it works, it is not officially confirmed and i might be wrong.  

yea true i believe that also just wanted to see if %rate differs if solo or in a party to know if its worth it waiting 5 people or can go 1 to 4

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

understandable

9 hours ago, Vera_Z said:

VerauelThink.png.6752673fcab4afbf7af323c231bf542e.png

Oh, don't mind me.
The topic is interesting and I like to read theories.

Carry on.

Same here. The drop system does need to be updated but I would like to know how it works 

14 hours ago, Vera_Z said:

Oh, don't mind me.
The topic is interesting and I like to read theories.

Carry on.

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Same here. The drop system does need to be updated but I would like to know how it works 

what do you think in your opinions how drop system works in warspear?

23 minutes ago, lallouss said:

Sheer luck. It needs heavy rework to be easier for people 

5 hours ago, lallouss said:

Well..
It's always been RNG for me.

For Raid Bosses or Bosses in general, I'd like to think that every time they spawn, random loots or no loots at all are already allocated to them and that loots will be rewarded to Player/s randomly the moment Hitpoints drop to 0. The case of a Player getting multi-loots while others are getting nothing is because the system probably got the same Player result in the Party List when randomly distributing the rewards. So if you slain the Boss solo, the rewards allocated to that Boss are all yours.. I think. Heh.

For Dungeons, I'd like to think that Dungeon Rewards are already selected in the Chest the moment I/ we enter the Dungeon and these Rewards are rolled Player-exclusive. As for chances, I think every loot has a percentage of being randomly picked for distribution. Think of a Pie Chart Roulette, and for example it has 30% for Resources, 25% for Ingots, 25% for Potions and Scrolls, 15% for Spheres, 4% for Gears, 1% for Book. And this is spun for each rewards every time a Dungeon is entered/ Dungeon Requirements are cleared. In short, even if a Party cleared the same Dungeon, full or not, the Rewards in Chest are rolled exclusively for each Character.

This is just my speculation, please take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Vera_Z

well i can't do anything about their so secret drop rate but all I do know that loots boxes without drop rate mentioned is illegal in several countries as it is considered similar to gambling. maybe they should at least mention drop rates on chests which are loot boxes of course. I can see why this game is banned in china.