quickstrike skill usage

suggestor1001

Which do you prefer?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• double tap the skill to cast
    • click on the skill that appears on top the HUD to cast

Ever had times where you are in a battle and it comes down to the last point ij where tour hp is very low and you need to say heal/shield or anything like that?

This had already been suggested before but it wasnt clear and left people confused.

Basically it works by someone double tapping a skill that they need to use. Bear in mind that it only works for skills that can be applied to other people (support skills , heal , shield etc)

When someone is to double tap this skill. The game automatically asumes that the player wants to heal himself rather than someone else. This could really help in those sticky situations when your hp is very low and you have slow finger movement. Also when tour about to die.

Also you can add an option in settings whether you want to enable this feature.

Edit: if you may seem to think that double tapping the skill could cause problems, heres another alternative.

instead of that, once a player clicks on the skill, it appears on top of the HUD. why not make it so that you can just click that apeared skill aswell if you want it to cast on yourself. image below.

Edit: This could also be another option...

Shift + 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 for self cast

Action bars are never limited when you use modifiers ( alt, shift, ctrl, ctrl + shift, etc ) Nor is it a mess when you know how to organize things.

I could manage 50+ skills on 9 action bars with modifiers.

For touch screen devices, they can use gestures or whatever.

It would also be good if we could target party members with hotkeys too. Like 3 ( heal ) > shift + F1, heals first party member.

They should also allow us to modify our own hotkeys, but meh. Like we need those in Warspear. I could play with 1 hand.

Thank you

:)

100544_.png

It's a common habit to spam your skill seconds before it goes off cooldown.

It's also a common habit to mash buttons.

I agree to the idea but disagree to the double tap part.

Although it may only be the easiest, possible way in Warspear, it also has bad points. And double clicking a skill right now cancels it if it needs a target.

Maybe add an extra hotkey that makes you use the next item/skill on yourself. In most games out there, this is known as self-cast.

It's an easier and useful way for players who need to use items or skills on themselves in a crowded area.

But heals and shields are the only things that do this in Warspear so I doubt this would happen yet.

Some people just don't understand.....lol

so basicly youre suggest to make healer class more easy in the way how they use their skill ?

it doesnt only apply to healers. its for whichever class has skills that can be casted on themselves or another player. and with the upcomming updates, im pretty sure more classes will get that option ratehr than just healers them selves.

And I want a feature which automatically locks on a target and spam my dmg skills for me.

No, just no. :facepalm:

sigh. its just an easy acces to skills that can be usefull to a player when they are by themselves or just about to die. double tap(or click etc) a skill and it will do it on teh caster itself. im not sure how you got that confused with what your mentioning :nea:

> Decides to heal

> taps heal skill

> decides against it and taps again to cancel

> heals self

> curses!

Like i said, there can be an option added into the settings whether a player wants to have this functionality or not. it would be very useful in arenas(where your are being targeted), as tehre would be alot of people around you and could confuse you.

also, you miss interpreted the double tap wrong.  its just like a fast double tap. not a slow one. just like opening a folder on your computer. surely you werent really thinking that if you press it twice 'norma;;y' it will heal yourself?  :nea:

---

Hopefully you guys understand the concept now. lol

Nah lol, the classic way is fine, no need to change it. Not a bad suggestion, but for me I go with "No".

also, you miss interpreted the double tap wrong.  its just like a fast double tap. not a slow one. just like opening a folder on your computer. surely you werent really thinking that if you press it twice 'normally' it will heal yourself?  :nea:

Nope, i interpreted it correctly.

Try another method... such as:

Although it may only be the easiest, possible way in Warspear, it also has bad points. And double clicking a skill right now cancels it if it needs a target.

Maybe add an extra hotkey that makes you use the next item/skill on yourself. In most games out there, this is known as self-cast.

It's an easier and useful way for players who need to use items or skills on themselves in a crowded area.

But heals and shields are the only things that do this in Warspear so I doubt this would happen yet.

You seem to have ignored that post completely.

the double tap is meant to be fast that way it does not interfere with pressing again to remove the skill. its just like opening a folder on a computer or something.

also the hotkey idea is pretty good, but dont forget, we only get limited slots within our skill/item spaces and to have extra things like that added could just cause a mess.

anyway, its just an optional button in settings for people who struggle with problems like this. you can always enable/ disable depending on your preferences ;)

Edit: if you may seem to think that double tapping the skill could cause problems, heres another alternative.

instead of that, once a player clicks on the skill, it appears on top of the HUD. why not make it so that you can just click that appeared skill as well if you want it to cast on yourself. image below.

Why not just click & hold for 2 seconds?

Why not just click & hold for 2 seconds?

Thatll just defeat the purpose of it being a quick usage mechanism.  2 secconds may not seem big but it really matters when you are under alot of pressure.

it happens.

also the hotkey idea is pretty good, but dont forget, we only get limited slots within our skill/item spaces and to have extra things like that added could just cause a mess.

Action bars are never limited when you use modifiers ( alt, shift, ctrl, ctrl + shift, etc ) Nor is it a mess when you know how to organize things.

It would also be good if we could target party members with hotkeys too. Like 3 ( heal ) > shift + F1, heals first party member.

They should also allow us to modify our own hotkeys, but meh. Like we need those in Warspear. I could play with 1 hand.

I could play with 1 hand.

Try break my record of killing people for not healing when playing one handed.

Try break my record of killing people for not healing when playing one handed.

I did that with 2 hands. First time S3 labyrinth runs when my old laptop was fked. Good times.

What do you mean by the 2nd option of the poll?

Read the post for christ's sake.

The skill icon that appears when you select it. If you press it, it self casts.

Read the post for christ's sake.

The skill icon that appears when you select it. If you press it, it self casts.

I'm following this topic from the date of posting + I'm from the people who understood it firstly, lastly, thanks!

That could be a better option for PC users, ill add it in :)

I dont agree with the double click part, because people who are using mobile can activate "double click" option to play. Keep this in mind..

that doesnt really make sense :L

Perhaps he means non-touch devices.

oh, I completely forgot about those devices......

Thanks

I dont agree with the double click part, because people who are using mobile can activate "double click" option to play. Keep this in mind..

Perhaps they could also double press the number of where the skill is assigned