Great balls of fire

Shtaksiom

Ever since the magic types were combined into one and people got easy significant magic resists i feel my mage is a complete underdog.

On one hand i have a lot of Area of Effect damage spells, on the other hand they are weak and don't compete with physical damagers ability to (for lack of a better description) screw me over in 5 seconds.

With warlock it didn't affect that much because they have lock and fear spells that compensate as a defence spell, but mage has only one defense and it doesnt' really work as good. Only thing i can still do is run away like a little girl with the use of chains then jump.

I dont know if any GMs watch the posts here but if they do - i think at least one of the mage skills should change to something more defensive against physical damagers: like lock or refflect or something.

Or if anyone experienced with a mage can suggest some way to compete with it?

Well I can kill rogues easily but its hard as you said. How about a defense skill like mirage. Its not a defense skill. Rather it will act like a copy of your mage and till someone attacks u will be able to do some damage. Use mirage, make a copy of urs and use tele and do damage.