Unbalanced legion?

Malik Campbell

Good day everyone, I've been looking around the forum and came across people saying that the legion classes are not as good as the sentinels classes, I believe that there should be fairness among the two factions, the devs should be neutral and shouldn't favour one over the other. So on this post I want my legion brothers to layout the problems, disadvantages and etc here along with concrete evidence of your claims, And we'll see if we can make the devs look into them. Please no arguing, thank you.

3 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

Good day everyone, I've been looking around the forum and came across people saying that the legion classes are not as good as the sentinels classes, I believe that there should be fairness among the two factions, the devs should be neutral and shouldn't favour one over the other. So on this post I want my legion brothers to layout the problems, disadvantages and etc here along with concrete evidence of your claims, And we'll see if we can make the devs look into them. Please no arguing, thank you.

I do not think so. Mcs have very strong classes in pvp, but I think they lack a little in pve compared to elves.

2 hours ago, Fabr said:

I do not think so. Mcs have very strong classes in pvp, but I think they lack a little in pve compared to elves.

That's cool, I just want to hear from legion players who thinks their classes are treated unfairly with concrete information. What I heard from someone is that this was a problem spanning years with not much fixes.

4 hours ago, Fabr said:

i agree on your point, one of the problems (this applies HEAVLY to warlock and templar) that by being weaker on the pve side of things they require more work to be effective and level up, while elves.... *looks at p2w seeker, basicaly bladedancer's versatily, warden's armstrong energy(if you are patient enough)* but it isnt said for all legion classes, as example, the charmer makes a joke out of levelling up thanks to their summons.

9 hours ago, lore said:

i agree on your point, one of the problems (this applies HEAVLY to warlock and templar) that by being weaker on the pve side of things they require more work to be effective and level up, while elves.... *looks at p2w seeker, basicaly bladedancer's versatily, warden's armstrong energy(if you are patient enough)* but it isnt said for all legion classes, as example, the charmer makes a joke out of levelling up thanks to their summons.

Templar is even better than lock in pve. He has, heals, shield, the statue that reduces damage from mobs, and even has better damage. Sand Hurricane does a lot of area damage and also has the punch and particle that do a lot when they are leveled up. I've even seen a group of 3 templars a mage and a pala go dg mermem without problems.

Lock lacks AoE damage and is quite fragile as well.

Necro also doesn't have many support skills, it only has the basic shield and healing, and the acid rain combo that you can't even use in certain situations.

The mcs dmg classes also don't have attack strength like the elven classes do, but if they had they would be very unbalanced in pvp, so not having it also makes them inferior to the elves' dmg in pve, something should be done about it.

Rogue also lacks area damage, but that's something that bd also lacks, so I think it's balanced, but it would be nice if both classes had it, because not having area damage only makes the classes devalued, because all the others dmg classes in the game have area damage.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:06 AM, Malik Campbell said:

the devs should be neutral and shouldn't favour one over the other.

What's exactly dev's reason to favour one side rather than the other, taken by fact that devs don't actually play their own game? 

46 minutes ago, Higgings said:

What's exactly dev's reason to favour one side rather than the other, taken by fact that devs don't actually play their own game? 

Based on the things I've heard from other forum members who are on the legion side, it's seemed as if their classes are underpowered compared to the sentinels, I didn't know this was a thing and I'd like some proof for their claims, if nothing convincing and detailed comes by on this post then to me I'll take it as a nothing burger and move on.

An exact answer to you question is that the statement I made was a "If" because if it's happening then it's unfair... That's all, it's just a assumption (not a dangerous one).  

17 minutes ago, Malik Campbell said:

Based on the things I've heard from other forum members who are on the legion side, it's seemed as if their classes are underpowered compared to the sentinels, I didn't know this was a thing and I'd like some proof for their claims, if nothing convincing and detailed comes by on this post then to me I'll take it as a nothing burger and move on.

An exact answer to you question is that the statement I made was a "If" because if it's happening then it's unfair... That's all, it's just a assumption (not a dangerous one).  

Well, it's pretty obvious that every faction will say to be the weakest in comparison to the other, when the best they have to offer is a comparison between, for example (albeit I've actually seen stuff like this in the past), the defensive capabilities of a Charmer and a Paladin (Sentinels) or a Rogue and a BD (Legion). You're looking for proves and statements which usually contain a high ratio of biases, cause most of players don't look at the wider picture. The wider picture sees players not making comparison between 2 classes, rather the general type of the class itself (in other words, comparing all of the tanking abilities of the game's tanks rather than 2 specific and potentially different classes). 

It doesn't mean that you won't see good points and answers at all though. I'm also curious to read what people will write.

Shamans and druids are still stupid tanky.
Chieftains are still overtuned, their kit is way too good overall.

Bladedancers are a bit better now with the PoB changes but resist skill is still stupid, could use some further changes but besides that there isn't anything particularly wrong with it anymore.

Warlocks are completely useless in everything that isn't 3x3+ players, they need a complete overhaul or devs need to fix how dots work which I've suggested many times to no avail.

Seekers are still garbage in pvp but I guess its too much asked to give them usable skills from the people who designed Bds resist skill and Rogues high damage ranged stun and a healing damage dealing stun.

Staff Templars could use some love still, they have nothing of note going for them despite a few changes.

Deathknights are still kind of bad but its looking a bit better these days. They are a few changes away from being good again.

Charmer has that one stupid relic but otherwise they are fine.

Barb still seems a bit strong compared to any other tank but I have no idea how to fix them tbh.

Wardens remain the most tanky class generally speaking but the current meta is pretty much all about damage so they could use a buff in duration of Power steal or something else. Generally speaking they are fine though.

Priest/Necro are both as useless in anything that isn't pve.

Ranger/Hunter are about the same power level, could argue one or the other being better.

Mages are meh, decent at everything but never the best in anything.

To me both factions seem to have about the same amount of bs with the exception of warlocks being completely useless most of the time.

Tanks in general are bad in pve because you don't need one in any current content except maybe Orcinus so there's that. But you cant remove life steal anymore either so there's no easy fix. 

Edited by Raislin

1 hour ago, Raislin said:

Barb still seems a bit strong compared to any other tank but I have no idea how to fix them tbh.

pvp, dmg reflect or give some class the ability to continuosly hit the barb by bypassing block/parry, even with a low damage, both of these options counters their stoneskin, give priest/necro more options to cleanse their allies from controlling effects, probaly having both a single and a area target skill would be usefull

pve ? bring back mass fights, barbs used to have enourmous problems when dealing with groups of enemies for how their stoneskin used to work (no way to charge back with blocking) now it is again back present as a weakness (due to the cooldown) and bring back fights aiganist masses of enemies will make deathknights and aoe dps more relevant.

balances is not always about changing how the specific problem works, you can also make changes to other classes in order to counter back the problems of the others, the main target should be of not having god tier classes and as less as possible useless tier classes

Wardens remain the most tanky class generally speaking but the current meta is pretty much all about damage so they could use a buff in duration of Power steal or something else. Generally speaking they are fine though.

being honest, screw this meta, make in way to shift it in way tanks and healers are again required in pve... (i will write later my idea for it)

Warlocks are completely useless in everything that isn't 3x3+ players, they need a complete overhaul or devs need to fix how dots

well, they can have some uses on bosses with big deffence in order to allow the party to gain an damage boost o- *penetration is now easy to get high*

Charmer has that one stupid relic but otherwise they are fine.

to this day i still dont understand why they have relics for mostly dot/direct damage skills on a summon

Tanks in general are bad in pve because you don't need one in any current content except maybe Orcinus so there's that. But you cant remove life steal anymore either so there's no easy fix. 

weaken it/give enemies the ability to decrease the healing recived on the enemy they're attacking in order only tanks can carry it on can be a good idea on my opinion, or even weaken the dps of the one them are attacking, it is gonna make in way lifesteal is not strong enough to basicaly heal it back and only allows chonky classes that can take much whiout healing to stand.

I just want dk and paladins to just get a defense buff. Now days some charmers, chieftains, BD, and warden's can just wipe a dg clean in record time 

24 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

I just want dk and paladins to just get a defense buff. Now days some charmers, chieftains, BD, and warden's can just wipe a dg clean in record time 

I'm not entirely sure how a defense buff would help with speed of dg clears. Neither class should have trouble doing fast clears of dgs with the proper build theses days though.

8 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I just want dk and paladins to just get a defense buff

I think pala already have def buff

Screenshot_2022-04-13-09-56-17-806_com.aigrind.warspear.jpg

Edited by vegeta

19 minutes ago, vegeta said:

I think pala already have def buff

Screenshot_2022-04-13-09-56-17-806_com.aigrind.warspear.jpg

Neither DK or Paladin is paticularly desired in the tanking role as they can't do very much. Unlike Barb or Warden who are very sought after for their excellent tanking ability

3 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Neither DK or Paladin is paticularly desired in the tanking role as they can't do very much. Unlike Barb or Warden who are very sought after for their excellent tanking ability

There's nothing wrong with their tanking. It's just that the alternatives are too good which is why they aren't wanted. 

On 4/13/2022 at 3:06 AM, Raislin said:

There's nothing wrong with their tanking. It's just that the alternatives are too good which is why they aren't wanted. 

And they can buff the less desired tanks and Warlock 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, Drakoknight said:

And they can buff the less desired tanks and Warlock 

the problem is you dont need a tank in the first place if you can just melt the dungeon

the game needs to make in way to prevent partys to get away with speedwipe parties in order to make em desired again, for both tanks and healers