Suggestion for a possible guild leadership transfer system

vavavi

It's been a topic for a while that a new system to transfer guild leadership is needed. As far as i know, it's in the works, but there has been no word about how it would work. Either way, it would have to be a system thats not easily abused, would be forgiving enough for just being busy and one that would not lead to scams by a random leader being selected. So, my suggestion is a voting system. 

A fair way to even start the process would be needed. Someone being busy for 2 weeks and losing a guild they've worked on for years isn't exactly fair. One way this could be done, is implementing a box, for the lack of a better word, for the leader to sign off on, say, once per month, to confirm they still wish to keep the lead. If this "box" would not be checked after a month, or however long time is seen fit, has passed, the option to start a vote for new leadership would take place.

This vote could happen during a week or so, in which the heirs of the guild, could vote for another heir, who, with the majority of votes, would receive the leadership. This would not only prevent scams, but also allow the members of the guild to choose a person, that they see fit, to take on that role. 

Edited by vavavi

• vavavi changed the title to Suggestion for a possible guild leadership transfer system

To be honest, I even feel 1 month as too short, as someone might easily have a time in their life when they can't play for a month for whatever reason.

i like the system you have in mind wich is nice, i would have a little longer time before asking for the vote,

(down bellow a little extra to your box suggestion i think should be added)

but at the same time the game should notify the leader about such thing happening and allow them to just say "im still here" with a quick click or notification tap since for whatever reason may they not be able to play, and i would also suggest to have the option to almost disable it by making the time before the vote double/triple with a guild setting wich only the leader can mess with,

(extra mehanic to allow in worst case scenarios to still have a trusted person for the leader to be in charge to help prevent scams)

along that there can be used an extra rank one step lower than the leader (co-leader or whatever) wich would have all the same powers of the leader (out of having the power to change the coleader or the wait time switch, wich can be automaticaly assigned the leader role if the leader still does not show up for such, allowing them to have a trusty person to back it up, such mehanic can also be good if the leader's account just gets deleted/banned, wich should make the game instantly assign a new leader (or open the vote system you suggested, wich is great) if it ever hapens

On 03/04/2022 at 17:55, vavavi said:

Tem sido um tópico por um tempo que um novo sistema para transferir a liderança da guilda é necessário. Até onde eu sei, está em andamento, mas não houve nenhuma palavra sobre como isso funcionaria. De qualquer forma, teria que ser um sistema que não fosse facilmente abusado, seria tolerante o suficiente para apenas estar ocupado e um que não levaria a golpes por um líder aleatório sendo selecionado. Então, minha sugestão é um sistema de votação. 

Seria necessária uma maneira justa de iniciar o processo. Alguém estar ocupado por 2 semanas e perder uma guilda na qual trabalhou por anos não é exatamente justo. Uma maneira de fazer isso é implementar uma caixa, na falta de uma palavra melhor, para o líder assinar, digamos, uma vez por mês, para confirmar que ainda deseja manter a liderança. Se esta "caixa" não for marcada depois de um mês, ou o tempo que for necessário, a opção de iniciar uma votação para a nova liderança ocorreria.

Essa votação poderia acontecer durante mais ou menos uma semana, em que os herdeiros da guilda pudessem votar em outro herdeiro, que, com a maioria dos votos, receberia a liderança. Isso não apenas evitaria golpes, mas também permitiria que os membros da guilda escolhessem uma pessoa que eles entendessem para assumir esse papel. 

In my case it would be very pertinent this kind of solution, even because I need this change of leadership, but that is not the case. Anyway, I think thinking of a risk management, this ''vote'' could cause some problems in the long run, for example could happen some kind of theft if someone manipulates the members to circumvent the vote, something very similar as ''halter vote'' that happened (and happens to this day in Brazilian politics, but secretly )

3 hours ago, Itzblaack said:

Anyway, I think thinking of a risk management, this ''vote'' could cause some problems in the long run, for example could happen some kind of theft if someone manipulates the members to circumvent the vote, something very similar as ''halter vote''

Vote is a good idea but instead of all members voting on new leader, maybe only heirs could

If they got heir, that means leader trusted them, could still be some problems but at lower risk in my opinion

Edited by Solo EU-Emerald

• 9 months later...

how do you guys think 1 month is low ..dont you care about your guild.. even your life falls apart you can just log in and log out... it will take 5 seconds ..  easiest way to solve this porblem is making a it 1 or 2 months to my opinion bc developers can do that in 1minute too :)  .. voting system seems good and reasonable but  there are guilds that lays around with just newbies or explorers . it would be good for the community if those guilds revive too so if it is going to be the voting system not only heirs should vote but everybody