Strymor, Br Tourmaline, The ways of barbarian (pve)

Strymor

I will start by saying that the barbarian is an open class to subclass so to speak, and is a great hero as it can be armed in multiple ways, the most common being the tank, I will add the hybrid and the damager.

Note: For all Barbarian types highly recommended Barbarian Nature Experts (used to remove or avoid negative effects) and Last Wish (passive skill that reduces the damage you take for a short time when your life reaches a certain %)

TANK

ElusionBloqueoFirmezainbound1375349831.jpg.f9368d651cdba3aa41670b0e676cd125.jpg

This type of barbarian is mainly made up of these factors, which from left to right would be, avoidance, blocking, firmness and the respective blocking/evasion talent. Both dodging and blocking allow you to avoid attacks, with blocking helping you to avoid more diversity of attacks, on the other hand, firmness decreases the chance of you receiving critical attacks from monsters, and also reduces the critical damage received by monsters. 

Thetanky barbarian is very resistant if he is armed with a lot of avoidance and blocking (maximum blocking 25%) since he will avoid many attacks, his stone skin expert passive will help him to mitigate a lot of the damage received, and added to the avoidance and blocking will work better as it will have time to build up its passives. Aggression: It is very important that the tank barbarian has high aggression skills, since he is generally in groups and must provoke the monsters to attack him and thus guarantee the survival of the group, his aggression skills are taunt and scream of war the latter apart from making aggression in the area will increase your defenses, and the physical defense the more you have your firmness will increase, finally the roar is very important since it reduces the damage done by the enemies that are in range of the skill for a while . 

The equipment of the tank barbarians can vary a lot depending on the taste without losing sight of the elusion and blocking between them we find.

- Heroic equipment (the red one) of Christmas that carries resistance which is very good to avoid altered states.

- Life forging equipment increased by %, for those who seek a lot of life and work with combat fury (expert that increases damage and heals the user by % of their maximum life)

- Defensive heroic equipment, those who like to raise their defenses a lot. Among others armed at random and different combinations according to preferences.

HYBRID

Hybrid of skills

ElusionBloqueoFirmezaReg eneCd

inbound51291011.jpg.8cb30c1dd47789ad22e44f7aaa187a86.jpg

This type of barbarian neglects his defenses a bit to get access to his abilities faster, and also add a little to the damage part, a somewhat balanced combination between defense and moderate damage For which you will need skill time reduction known as CD, if possible increase your maximum energy and have good energy regeneration, on the tank side you can add some firmness to increase your survivability, 

yourbasic skills can to go

Aggression at 3/5 + Large Aggression Relic Damage at 5/5 between hit and cut, I would recommend raising the cut more because if you have it at 1/5 the damage is excessively low and at 5/5 it is not much but it does something else and you would have an extra ability dealing damage. Roar at 5/5 

The equipment is usually varied depending on the preferences of the player, if you want more cd, or a little more firmness, avoidance or blocking, for this type of barbarian 20% blocking is more than good. This type of barbarian could use some vampirism in runes to help his survival and give rise to other equipment such as some with anger to increase your damage.

Expert skills for a cd hybrid would recommend using max stone skin, max combat fury, max defeat, defeat could be changed to berserker if you lack penetration. Buying Shield Bash increases the amount of damage skills you can use.

Hybrid of speed

inbound1608663972.jpg.1617761d8b143582669d2228d243ad1b.jpginbound137468499.jpg.da2df3d7800bb7cb1c79389577c6f39d.jpginbound1352623003.jpg.7b2ec09eaba6df49f9e8a0a0179afdf9.jpginbound361564934.jpg.2575e9c1d83f054f45d00127f91ed7b4.jpginbound1323354600.jpg.80d55d1975b0d446e91e762af93db87e.jpg

inbound51291011.jpg.8cb30c1dd47789ad22e44f7aaa187a86.jpginbound44893584.jpg.b265b7bcd62dca744e1467c526cbdbc4.jpg

This type of barbarian focuses on defending and attacking maximum speed with basic hits, it is composed very similar in the defensive part as the hybrid of skills, but in the offense because it is based on his basic attacks, his equipment is somewhat difficult to constitute if you want to get its full potential, since it required rage, attack strength, piercing, critical, attack speed, and penetration. the equipment depends on the style and consideration of each player if he wants more piercing more critical etc, the barbarian has a talent that after giving a certain amount of basic hits his next basic attack will be a piercing hit (ignores the enemy's defense), so This talent is highly recommended. In terms of skills, this could be oriented towards 

Roar5/5 

Taunt5/5, Damage 3/5 <> Taunt 3/5, Damage 5/5 

Player's preference As 

forthe experts stone skin 4/4 Combat Fury 4/4 (heal and damage increase) Berserker 4/4 ( 20% attack speed and penetration when using a one-handed weapon, the same if you use the weapon with the shield ) The idea of this barbarian is to make basic hits as strong as possible, even so his damage cannot be seen to the maximum because a part of the equipment is oriented to the defensive part

DAMAGE

2 handed speed damager 

inbound1352623003.jpg.7b2ec09eaba6df49f9e8a0a0179afdf9.jpginbound361564934.jpg.2575e9c1d83f054f45d00127f91ed7b4.jpginbound44893584.jpg.b265b7bcd62dca744e1467c526cbdbc4.jpginbound1323354600.jpg.80d55d1975b0d446e91e762af93db87e.jpginbound51291011.jpg.8cb30c1dd47789ad22e44f7aaa187a86.jpg

The most expensive barbarian, but just as it costs damage, for this barbarian to obtain its maximum potential it will need the 2 attack speed books in the game, among its equipment the 2-handed spring sword with 10% attack force , bring some rage, some piercing, his piercing blows talent, team with attack speed, and try to get most of his team to bring attack force to increase the damage of his basics. The use of vampiric runes suits this barbarian very well due to its massive damage, its disadvantage is that it attacks 1 target at a time.

basic skills Roar 5/5 (just in case you need to reduce the enemy's damage) the rest of your choice. 

Experts 

stoneskin 4/4

combat fury 4/4 

Berserker4/4 (in this case, instead of attack speed, it will increase the damage due to the use of a 2-handed weapon, which continues to give penetration)

2 handed skills damager

inbound1506355545.jpg.86cc15df500f97cc96126ee01110280b.jpginbound1375349831.jpg.f9368d651cdba3aa41670b0e676cd125.jpginbound1568124080.jpg.ab85ea3f46838c17ba834be946038ef5.jpginbound51291011.jpg.8cb30c1dd47789ad22e44f7aaa187a86.jpginbound2077844626.jpg.dc8689508f6ee858841cc8875058c5be.jpg

This 2-handed barbarian is a little cheaper and can cast his abilities much faster, unfortunately this type of barbarian only has 3 damage abilities, discarding the charge since you must move away to use this. This one can have dodge added to it to have a bit more durability and it's much easier to add to this one than attack speed due to the equips, it will need energy regeneration for multiple use of abilities, it will go for increased damage, as much cd as possible to quickly use his abilities.

Your basics would be preferably 

hit5/5

cut 5/5 

Roar3/5 (It could be roar 5/5 and hit 3/5, I do not recommend charging the charge because if you get close in case of fighting a boss, it is an ability that you will almost never use during the battle) 

The experts could be 

Combat Fury 4/4 (more damage) 

Berserker4/4 (more damage and penetration) 

Defeat4/4 (Aoe skill, bleeding combo, barbarian's strongest damage skill) 

Ifyou feel that you can't take long you could try to suppress one of the first two abilities since it defeats 1/4 it is not worth much it has a great difference in damage between 1/4 and 4/4 and place stone skin 4/4 instead .

Note: Vampiric runes help ensure your survival. As for the equipment, things with cd, the reg energy can preferably go in a cape and amulet so that it frees the crystals from the rings and thus you can take advantage of better crystals, the weapon can be a level 32 amplified forge axe that is quite good or a two-handed weapon of your choice.

I clarify that these are not the only ways to build a barbarian since this guide is based on pve, and even in pve there may be other subclasses, I also add that potions, scrolls and food are part of the game so it is more than valid using them to enhance the hero, finally for any type of barbarian some cd is good for him, as well as firmness (every hero). 

-Strymor-

Edited by Strymor
Language

• Strymor changed the title to Strymor, Br Tourmaline, The ways of barbarian (pve)

nice guide, i would add some suggestions to the skillsbuilds based on how it is the state of the game now for example to keep lastwish at 1/4 in order to have it trigger only when it is nedded and give that clutch since the 50% damage reduction is still a considerable amount of damage reduction

another general note, i'd not include the talents as a build but rather more as a suggestion of where to go how you are building, them are mostly for minmax the character than anything else.

for those who dont have much knowledge of the game: this post is not pinpoint accurate in its translation in the english version of the game, so i point the ones i notice (Strymor i hope you dont mind, you have a good english)

On 4/1/2022 at 4:06 AM, Strymor said:

avoidance, blocking, firmness

this refers to parry, blocking (obiviosly) and solidity statistics

scream of war

this refers to warcry

The equipment of the tank barbarians can vary a lot depending on the taste without losing sight of the elusion and blocking between them we find.

- Heroic equipment (the red one) of Christmas that carries resistance which is very good to avoid altered states.

- Life forging equipment increased by %, for those who seek a lot of life and work with combat fury (expert that increases damage and heals the user by % of their maximum life)

- Defensive heroic equipment, those who like to raise their defenses a lot. Among others armed at random and different combinations according to preferences.

i'd rather say that having a massive amount of deffense is no more the same thing once you reach the 9k/10k physical deffence treshold, making parrying and blocking way more effective, unless you're a deathknight, a minor amount of lifesteal can be used in order to get very valuable selfsustain, even while full defensive skillbuild

max stone skin, max combat fury, max defeat, defeat could be changed to berserker if you lack penetration.

i personaly prefer use berseker since it garants attack speed and is a great damage boost when using a 2-handed weapon, i would say that its not completely neccesary to have combat fury at its maximun level, you can trade a single point to moove it to warcry in order to keep up aggro with stronger dps 

Hybrid of speed

yes, yes i can see whats the point of it, same point for the normal hybrid in order to hold the aggression of the boss

2 handed speed damager 

yes. even if i dont agree on piercing wich could be used for some different stat.

2 handed skills damager

ok, on a basis level it can find itself in difficulty for how much damn effective atk speed is, never seen something close to this build in action, would like to see.

- dodge its a odd stat in pve since the enemies will have a huge amount of accuracy in the endgame wich will make possible only with some debuff to the enemy's accuracy in order to make the stat reliable again, or even better than parry since it can work on ranged attacks too...

in the end, yours is a great guide to help people understand how the barbarian is a versatile class even if there is a lack of pvp builds (even if there'nt that many that i seen...)