Chief and Rat Skill ! [Rework and New Skill Ideas]

Shanua

Hello, I'm playing Chief for a long time now, and I wasn't a fan of playing physical Chief from the very beginning, due my opinion, that chief ain't an attack speed based class and ain't working well with attack speed also. [That's my personal opinion] 

That's why I got interested in building my Chief full Magic Dmg and relying on 2h Mace. It's working just fine, and I have nothing much to complain about it.

Well, we all know the Chief Expert Skill -> "Curse of the Plague" warspear_Jvf7JMok9F.png.32c240c0d61066f6ed1938fd8c3d1694.png

Well, the problem I have with this skill, is the whole skill itself...
I tested it last Test-Server and I came to these results:

- 1. If you use skill in a specific area, you are able to hit your maintarget 3 times, most of the time you will hit your targets 1-2 times. > Which sucks <
- 2. The Skillpath is way too expensive, the Dmg scaling is 25% / 30% / 35% / 45% - Which is garbage , compared to "Eagle Eye" and "Swooping Army" !!!
- 3. The Chance to apply the Debuff at 4/4 [30%] is way too low !!! 
- 4. The Debuff itself ain't as bad, but for PvE purpose nothing we can work with. [30% at 4/4]
- 5. The skill is dynamic, but slow, it doesn't fit the fast playstyle of a chieftain !!!

All in all the Skill ain't useful in PvE at all, it could have use in PvP situations, but even there, the chance to apply the Debuff is just 30%, which sucks hard !!!

My Recommendations of a potential rework for the Skill and maybe new Skills as a replacement:

Rework idea:

-> "Curse of the Plague"

Type: Active

Usage Range: 3

Energy Expense: 18 / 20 / 22 / 24 units

Cooldown: 19 seconds

The Chieftain sends a Rat to the enemy, it applies a plague, which lasts 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds, dealing 25% / 30% / 35% / 45% Magic Dmg every 2seconds. It also reduces the Accuracy and Cooldown Parameter of the enemy by 7% / 10% / 13% / 15% for the duration of the skill. The plague can be spread to nearby enemies within a radius of 2 metres, with a chance of 30% per dmg tick. Every enemy can be afflicted by the spread just once per usage of the Skill.

[That way the Plague wont be spread permanently]

- 1. The skill will be a relient dmg source and useful for either pve and pvp situations !!!
- 2. The spread mechanic, makes the skill dynamic and will cause enemy players to think about their movement and not group in certain situations

- 3. The Accu and CD debuff will still be a part of the skill, but weaker due the skill not having a chance of applying these debuffs !

- 4. The skill will be powerful in group pvp situations and group pve situations, also it acquires 4/4 skills to be powerful enough for Hybrid Chiefs and Magic Chiefs, Physical Chiefs wont profit from this Expert !

I think the Skill will work just fine this way, also the skill being a Magic Dot (Damage over time) fits perfectly the "Hit and Run" playstyle of chieftains !!!

Anyways, I think the Skill could be a little bit too strong in group pvp situations, due it being an AOE DoT , which can be used by many Chiefs at the same time, but compared to Mage Fire Aura, which has a much bigger dmg scaling itself, and being an AOE DoT Skill too, it should be balanced enough in my opinion !

New Skill Ideas [As a possible Replacement for "Curse of the Plague"]:

-> "Wolf's Spirit"

Usage Range: 2

Energy Expense: 24 / 26 / 28 / 30

Cooldown: 24 seconds 

The Chieftain summons a Wolf's Spirit Companion for 15 seconds, which deals 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% Phyiscal Dmg every 2seconds to it's enemy. The Wolf Spirit ain't able to deal critical dmg, therefore it increases the dealt critical dmg of all party members by 7% / 8% / 9% / 10% and also the Penetration Parameter by 3% / 3,5% / 4% / 5%.

- 1. The skill has a very low Dmg scaling, due it being more of a supportive focussed skill ! It shall not be a copy of the Charmer Wolf Skill !!!
- 2. Chieftains which focus on Physical Dmg, just have 2 buttons to press atm, "Wolf's Alacrity" and "Frenzy" + (Eagle Eye [Bleed]) , "Wolf's Spirit" will improve the supportive being of a chieftain and also give those physical Chieftains one more cool button to press!

-> "Bear Paw"

Usage Range: Melee

Energy Expense: 16 / 18 / 20 / 22

Cooldown: 16 seconds 

The Chieftain releases a powerful strike towards his enemy, dealing 95% / 115% / 125% / 140% Magic Dmg and reducing the enemies Resistance Parameter by 10% / 20% / 35% / 50% for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. 

- 1. Magic Chieftains are lacking Single Target Dmg Spells, and "Bear Paw" could be a good solution for this problem !
- 2. The Resistance Debuff is a strong tool for the Chieftain, to make a single enemy vulnerable, also it will close the gap between Physical Chief and Magical Chief in terms of Arena / PvP overall.

- 3. Overall a new Skill with a new mechanic [Resistance Debuff] !!!

-> "Chieftain's Wrath"

Usage Range: 3

Energy Expense: 18 / 20 / 22 / 24

Cooldown: 19 seconds

The Chieftain is tossing a hammer toward's his enemy, dealing 90% / 115% / 130 % / 145% Magic Dmg. The dealt damage will be doubled, if the enemy is suffering from any control effect, while using this skill. [Control effect: Slow, Fear, Root, Stun]

- 1. Another option, to help magic chief's in single target pvp, and improve the all in mechanic "like physical Chiefs ["Wolf" -> "Thrashing" -> "Frenzy"]

- 2. The skill can be useful in PvE situations, due it's noticeable basedmg, but mostly it's designed for pvp situations. Using this skill recommends preparation and fast reaction, in case a nearby enemy is afflicted by any control effect, to abuse the huge dmg boost of the skill mechanic !!!

- 4. Also this would be the first Single Target Range attack for Chieftains !

Well , that's all I got so far !!!
Let me know your opinion about those skills, in terms of balancing and the idea. I would appreciate it !

Anyways, I wish ya all a nice day, and seeya ingame ! >:3    [Shanua - EU (Berserk)]

Edited by Shanua

• Shanua changed the title to Chief and Rat Skill ! [Rework and New Skill Ideas]

I agree. I have been playing chieftain since it was released and have tested a lot of different builds with it but i have been unable to make curse of the plague work in any way or form in pretty much any area of the game other than being 1 more AoE in mass fights at GvGs or such where there are enemies in its path and even there, you are better off with other skills leveled. The damage is ridiculously low and the debuff chance is low and does not even last very long. Even with a full magic build it barely does any dmg and especially in PvP, it just tickles your enemy. It is simply not possible to make this skill work, you can use the skill and hope your enemy for some reason decides to move backwards along it so it can do some dmg but its not very realistic. And even if you somehow get it to hit your enemy like 4 times, it is still only 180% magic dmg at 4/4 (45%x4) which is less than 1 hit from a 5/5 blow of the spirits for a comparison. It does significantly less dmg than other AoE skills of the class, eagle eye and swooping army while the dmg from those can be easily applied to enemies. So yeah this skill does deserve to be looked into to be improved. As for your suggestions, personally i like the last one (Chieftain's wrath) because with magic builds, single target dmg is really low in PvE and in PvP it could open some options on how to build the character. In my opinion it does not need the dmg bonus while under control effect, but instead the base dmg could be higher considering the long cooldown time (compare to blow of the spirits which does roughly 200% of your magic dmg and has a very short cooldown). Also as an addition it could perhaps apply some negative effect like bleeding or slowing? Although i also like the rework idea of making it cause overtime dmg/effect to the enemy. This would be useful for building up single target dmg in PvE while taking out the possibility for a higher burst dmg in PvP with magic focused builds, which could potentially be overpowered considering how tanky/hard to kill a chieftain with high magic dmg in PvP can be due to high heals, so having a very good survivability with good burst dmg could be little overkill.

• 2 weeks later...

indeed, how it's today dont work, i used 4/4 the only  good thing was the effect work often in bosses but give less curracy and cooldown in pve is not effective. in pvp it's too slow the enemy can avoid easily, for gvg you have better skills like swoop army,thrashing,eagle eye. so they really need to change

• 2 weeks later...

Curse of the plague (rework) :

The chieftain summons a rat dealing DoT 15%/20%/25%/30% of the highest dmg of the character and slowing the enemy's movement by 30%/40%/50%/60%  (AoE skill 3x3)

2nd rework (AoE skill  3x3)

The chieftain summons a rat that runs over the enemy, then it explodes dealing 30%/35%/40%/45% of magical dmg and applying stun for 2.5 seconds, if the enemy resist the stun, it creates a poison field decreasing the attack speed by 30%/40%/50%/60%

Skill idea :

Name: vengeance strike

The chieftain receive the buff "Reprisal"  increasing the parry stat by 7%/8%/9%/10% for 10 seconds

If the chieftain receives any control debuff (stun, root, fear,) under the effect of "reprisal" The attacker receives 40%/45%/50%/55% of physical dmg

2nd idea:

Name: weakness

A strike that deals 25%/30%/35%/40% of magic dmg and applies the debuff  "weakness" for 4/5/6/7 seconds

This debuff decrease the Effectiveness  of the skills of the enemy by 50% (heals, control skills, shields, will work of 50% Of its capacity)  

3rd skill idea: (AoE 5x5)

Name: war fury

A war cry that decrease dmg and armor by 10%/15%/20%/25%  

also have the chance to apply "fear" by 30%/40%/50%/60% 

9 hours ago, Kaesarz said:

2nd rework (AoE skill  3x3)

The chieftain summons a rat that runs over the enemy, then it explodes dealing 30%/35%/40%/45% of magical dmg and applying stun for 2.5 seconds, if the enemy resist the stun, it creates a poison field decreasing the attack speed by 30%/40%/50%/60%

explosive rat explosive rat explosive rat explosive rat

i love the skill concept, but the attack speed might be scaling too high basing on the skill level. wich is perfect because the meta is not that engaging on a gameplay level, i want more of this, even in pve.

10 hours ago, Kaesarz said:

3rd skill idea: (AoE 5x5)

Name: war fury

A war cry that decrease dmg and armor by 10%/15%/20%/25%  

also have the chance to apply "fear" by 30%/40%/50%/60% 

it would require an set amount of time of effect and numbers of enemies wich can be affected by it, but i honestly see it more as a barbarian skill

10 hours ago, Kaesarz said:

2nd idea:

Name: weakness

A strike that deals 25%/30%/35%/40% of magic dmg and applies the debuff  "weakness" for 4/5/6/7 seconds

This debuff decrease the Effectiveness  of the skills of the enemy by 50% (heals, control skills, shields, will work of 50% Of its capacity)

this... is brutal... damn. but i can see in some form ideal for raids in pve, a way to block the PLAYER's resources to recovery (lifesteal included, mainly), allowing for both tanks and healers to be required again to work together and protect the team, mainly prevent the damage classes from being completely self sufficient and rushbomb all the content while rejiecting both healers and tanks 

3 hours ago, lore said:

explosive rat explosive rat explosive rat explosive rat

i love the skill concept, but the attack speed might be scaling too high basing on the skill level. wich is perfect because the meta is not that engaging on a gameplay level, i want more of this, even in pve.

For war purposes  

3 hours ago, lore said:

It would require an set amount of time of effect and numbers of enemies wich can be affected by it, but i honestly see it more as a barbarian skill

Yep i take the idea from barbarian skill 

Also for war/gvg purposes

3 hours ago, lore said:

this... is brutal... damn. but i can see in some form ideal for raids in pve, a way to block the PLAYER's resources to recovery (lifesteal included, mainly), allowing for both tanks and healers to be required again to work together and protect the team, mainly prevent the damage classes from being completely self sufficient and rushbomb all the content while rejiecting both healers and tanks 

Even for me is insane lol What I was thinking about... 

If I had to readjust it would be like:

15%/20%/25%/30% for  7/8/9/10 seconds 

For pvp purposes

• 2 months later...
В 28/3/2022 в 12:20, Shanua сказал:

Hola, juego Chief desde hace mucho tiempo, y no era fanático de jugar Chief físico desde el principio, debido a mi opinión, ese jefe no es una clase basada en la velocidad de ataque y no funciona bien con velocidad de ataque también. [Esa es mi opinión personal] 

Es por eso que me interesé en construir mi Chief Full Magic Dmg y confiar en 2h Mace. Está funcionando bien, y no tengo mucho de qué quejarme.

Bueno, todos conocemos la Habilidad del Jefe Experto -> "Maldición de la Peste" warspear_Jvf7JMok9F.png.32c240c0d61066f6ed1938fd8c3d1694.png

Bueno, el problema que tengo con esta habilidad es toda la habilidad en sí misma...
La probé el último Test-Server y llegué a estos resultados:

- 1. Si usas la habilidad en un área específica, puedes golpear tu maintarget 3 veces, la mayoría de las veces alcanzarás tus objetivos 1-2 veces. > Lo que apesta <
- 2. Skillpath es demasiado caro, la escala de Dmg es 25% / 30% / 35% / 45% - ¡Lo cual es basura, en comparación con "Eagle Eye" y "Swooping Army"!
- 3. ¡¡¡La probabilidad de aplicar la Desventaja en 4/4 [30%] es demasiado baja!!!  
- 4. El Debuff en sí no es tan malo, pero para propósitos PvE no podemos trabajar con nada. [30% a 4/4]
- 5.¡La habilidad es dinámica, pero lenta, no se ajusta al estilo de juego rápido de un cacique!

Considerándolo todo, la Habilidad no es útil en PvE en absoluto, podría tener uso en situaciones de PvP, pero incluso allí, la posibilidad de aplicar la Desventaja es solo del 30%, ¡lo cual apesta!

Mis recomendaciones de un posible rediseño para la Habilidad y tal vez nuevas Habilidades como reemplazo:

Idea de reelaboración:

-> "La maldición de la peste"

Tipo: Activo

Rango de uso: 3

Gasto de Energía: 18 / 20 / 22 / 24 unidades

Enfriamiento: 19 segundos

El Chieftain envía una Rata al enemigo, le aplica una plaga, que dura 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 segundos, infligiendo 25% / 30% / 35% / 45% de Daño Mágico cada 2 segundos. También reduce la precisión y el parámetro de enfriamiento del enemigo en un 7 %/10 %/13 %/15 % durante la duración de la habilidad. La plaga se puede propagar a los enemigos cercanos en un radio de 2 metros, con una probabilidad del 30 % por marca de daño. Cada enemigo puede verse afectado por la propagación solo una vez por uso de la Habilidad.

[De esa manera la Plaga no se propagará permanentemente]

- 1. ¡La habilidad será una fuente de daño confiable y útil para situaciones JcJ y JcJ!
- 2. La mecánica de propagación hace que la habilidad sea dinámica y hará que los jugadores enemigos piensen en su movimiento y no se agrupen en ciertas situaciones .

- 3. El debuff de Accu y CD seguirá siendo parte de la habilidad, ¡pero más débil debido a que la habilidad no tiene la posibilidad de aplicar estos debuffs!

- 4. La habilidad será poderosa en situaciones grupales de JcJ y situaciones grupales de JcJ, también adquiere habilidades 4/4 para ser lo suficientemente poderosa para Jefes Híbridos y Jefes Mágicos, ¡Los Jefes Físicos no se beneficiarán de este Experto!

Creo que la habilidad funcionará bien de esta manera, además la habilidad es un punto mágico (daño con el tiempo) encaja perfectamente en el estilo de juego "Hit and Run" de los jefes.

De todos modos, creo que la Habilidad podría ser un poco demasiado fuerte en situaciones de JcJ en grupo, debido a que es un AOE DoT, que pueden usar muchos Jefes al mismo tiempo, pero en comparación con Mage Fire Aura, que tiene un daño mucho mayor. escalando a sí mismo, y siendo una habilidad AOE DoT también, ¡debería estar lo suficientemente equilibrado en mi opinión!

Nuevas ideas de habilidades [como posible reemplazo de "La maldición de la plaga"]:

-> "Espíritu del lobo"

Rango de uso: 2

Gasto de Energía: 24 / 26 / 28 / 30

Enfriamiento: 24 segundos 

El Chieftain convoca a un Wolf's Spirit Companion durante 15 segundos, que inflige un 10 %/15 %/20 %/25 % de Daño físico cada 2 segundos a su enemigo. Wolf Spirit no puede infligir daño crítico, por lo tanto, aumenta el daño crítico infligido de todos los miembros del grupo en un 7 %/8 %/9 %/10 % y también el parámetro de penetración en un 3 %/3,5 %/4 % / 5%.

- 1. ¡La habilidad tiene una escala de daño muy baja, debido a que es más una habilidad enfocada en el apoyo! ¡No será una copia de la habilidad Charmer Wolf!
- 2. Chieftains que se enfocan en Physical Dmg, solo tienen 2 botones para presionar atm, "Wolf's Alacrity" y "Frenzy" + (Eagle Eye [Bleed]), "Wolf's Spirit" mejorará el ser de apoyo de un jefe y también dará ¡esos Chieftains físicos tienen un botón más genial para presionar!

-> "Pata de oso"

Rango de uso: Cuerpo a  cuerpo

Gasto de Energía:  16  / 18 / 20 / 22

Enfriamiento:  16  segundos 

El Chieftain lanza un poderoso golpe hacia su enemigo, infligiendo 95% / 115% / 125% / 140% de daño mágico y reduciendo el parámetro de resistencia del enemigo en un 10% / 20% / 35% / 50% durante 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 segundos. 

- 1. Los jefes mágicos carecen de hechizos de daño de un solo objetivo, ¡y "Bear Paw" podría ser una buena solución para este problema!
- 2. La Desventaja de Resistencia es una herramienta poderosa para el Jefe, para hacer vulnerable a un solo enemigo, también cerrará la brecha entre el Jefe Físico y el Jefe Mágico en términos de Arena / PvP en general.

- 3. ¡En general, una nueva habilidad con una nueva mecánica [Desventaja de resistencia]!

-> "La ira del jefe"

Rango de uso:  3

Gasto de Energía:  18  / 20 / 22 / 24

Enfriamiento:  19  segundos

El Chieftain está lanzando un martillo hacia su enemigo, infligiendo 90% / 115% / 130 % / 145% Magic Dmg. El daño infligido se duplicará, si el enemigo sufre algún efecto de control, mientras usa esta habilidad. [Efecto de control: Lento, Miedo, Raíz, Aturdimiento]

- 1. Otra opción, para ayudar a los jefes mágicos en JcJ de un solo objetivo, y mejorar la mecánica general "como jefes físicos ["Lobo" -> "Azotar" -> "Frenesí "]

- 2. La habilidad puede ser útil en situaciones PvE, debido a su base notable, pero principalmente está diseñada para situaciones PvP. ¡Usar esta habilidad recomienda preparación y reacción rápida, en caso de que un enemigo cercano se vea afectado por algún efecto de control, para abusar del enorme impulso de daño de la mecánica de la habilidad!

- 4. ¡También este sería el primer ataque de rango de objetivo único para Chieftains!

Bueno, eso es todo lo que tengo hasta ahora!!!
Déjame saber tu opinión sobre esas habilidades, en términos de equilibrio y la idea. Lo apreciaría !

De todos modos, les deseo a todos un buen día, ¡y nos vemos en el juego! >:3    [Shanua - UE (Berserk)]

without offending anyone but the administrators do not want mc, look they give an improvement to the mouse to be able to move to the location where it disappears what is the function of that? copy of the magician's skill, a skill that doesn't work either, be serious or be a man and give something functional, half a lifetime and what a good change with the design of the dk, it was drawn by the administrator's son who is 5 years old

First of all, the skill sucks real bad, it's slow af and the synchronization of the skill placement is even more worse, basically this skill needs a complete rework. why is this skill even here? IT'S SUCKS REAL BAD,

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 9:32 AM, Ahmed Didar said:

First of all, the skill sucks real bad, it's slow af and the synchronization of the skill placement is even more worse, basically this skill needs a complete rework. why is this skill even here? IT'S SUCKS REAL BAD

Try to play with knight curse. Only way to deal damage and u dont have control over it and its easily countered