Crafting rare non event books

Raislin

Title is the idea.

Basically you would be crafting the books using extra knowledge AFTER you have maxed the talent tree. You'd unlock the books in the talent tree as "talents" after you have maxed out the tree. The books would be split into 4/5/6/? pieces depending on the book and you'd spend 50k knowledge and maybe some gold to unlock the pieces of the books. Once you have unlocked an entire book you would receive it into your mailbox and it would have the "Personal" parameter so you wouldn't be able to sell it.

And by non event books I mean books dropped from raid bosses, guild events and pirate chests.

Would be nice for raid boss books. 200-300k knowledge is alot of work so doesn't seem too op. Also would open access to them for people not in the guilds that dominate the bosses.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:32 PM, vavavi said:

Would be nice for raid boss books. 200-300k knowledge is alot of work so doesn't seem too op. Also would open access to them for people not in the guilds that dominate the bosses.

I love u for saying that❤️

That would be pretty cool because that way everyone would (VERY slowly) have the chance to make a difference and create a fair environment. In EU for example, Phalanx and YinYang are pretty much (and they earned it in a long time of discipline and activity, no one should deny that) in a position of nearly absolute power over all raidbosses (except spring ones). 

Some people complain about that alot and if GM added this feature, these ppl had a valid chance and both sides could rest a bit from the exhausting war we always have. Because lets be real: The amount of IMPORTANT books that drop (like phy def for barbs, palas, temps, charmers etc or crit dmg for dmgers, or octo and orci in general) is very low. Its comparable to the time you need to actually gather these pieces for a crafted book. 

Also by making the pieces expensive goldwise and by requiring to do daily dg runs (10 to get the amount of knowledge thats reachable per day) it can also have financial benefits for aigrind, since i know many people that would invest some money to gather ressources and use a way like this to make themselves op😋 

Im sure it would create a beneficial chance for everybody involved.

On top of that it would not change the fact that books are special BECAUSE right now (in the current state of the servers, where many people walk around as living libraries) single books cant make a huge difference  - not immediately that is. 
Imagine someone crafting himself a crit dmg book (the one from elm) to get higher dmg and gain an advantage over other people at raid bosses. First of all, everyone else can also craft that book. Potentially theres a balance there already. Second, the people, that already have books, still have an advantage, because they can craft books aswell  and use them to further increase their already existing advantage. 

Now we have, for example, a hunter, that previously crafted a crit dmg book to outdamage a seeker at a boss. That seeker used his precious gold to buy an attack strength and a rage book in the past, but the hunters high crits threaten to outdamage him now, still! That seeker did his dgs and quests every day tho and now he can also craft another book to compensate for the effort and he also keeps his advantage over the hunter.

Basically, more books still mean more power (if ure buying the right ones ;D) And ppl that already have some will still be stronger, just now theres a chance for everyone else aswell. 

The third factor that will show that this idea isn't something that would change the entire economy is time. 

If the idea would be implemented into  the game just like raislin suggested it, it would take a LONG time to finish one book. And one book alone, as the previous argument showed, still doesn't make a difference. 

Until everyone, who really does the quests and dgs to get books, gets enough to keep up with ppl that bought books before, years would pass.

It would not change the situation of the server and the need of buying books for the same prices they usually get sold at. 

actually, i think it would positively influence the amount if strategy put into the thought's of how to nuild a character. Since i assume that different books will take different amounts of knowledge and gold and therefore time, people will think about which ones to get first and which ones to buy if the possibility occurs. 

The server would have a chance to become active because everyone would go questing and do dg to get the knowledge and gold to get these books.

overall, i see many many positive aspects in this idea. 

I hope gm actually considers this idea because it's really interesting and has some great potential

P.S.  To avoid total chaos you could cap the amount of books you can craft OR make it a tree where u decide which path u go down and other books lock accordingly 😋

Cyu sooon❤️❤️

~Belior

Edited by Mooh

I like the imaginating imagination of you imagining that this idea will be effective and astronomically, astrophysically, mathematically good.

i really love this idea but the more you think about it, the more you realize the little flaws that this idea has.

On 3/26/2022 at 5:10 AM, Mooh said:

Imagine someone crafting himself a crit dmg book (the one from elm) to get higher dmg and gain an advantage over other people at raid bosses.

lets say you are crafting a crit dmg book and lets say you are at 5/6 pages to complete it and then suddenly you drop a crit dmg book, how lucky! but you are at 5/6 pages... are you gonna use it? probably not (i wouldnt),

It would not change the situation of the server and the need of buying books for the same prices they usually get sold at.

so lets say you decide to sell said book, great! but what if everyone in the server decided to craft the exact same book? to who are you going to sell it to? this would drop the prices drastically

and also it would deplete the hole point of even hunting and killing this bosses

im not against this idea, dont get me wrong, but there is a lot to be though about this idea becouse

single books cant make a huge difference

as you said one book cant make a huge difference, but theres some of the basic ones that really make a huge impact on the game and some of them well.... some of them shouldnt even exist, but then again im not against the idea! i would love to see this implemented into the game and id love to see what ideas the ppl (or maybe even devs :smiley_14:) have to fix this tiny problems!

btw i though of making them (lets say) "lesser books" and have like a small amout of the actuall stat book that gets upgraded over time but then i remembered talents

6 hours ago, El Pengu said:

btw i though of making them (lets say) "lesser books" and have like a small amout of the actuall stat book that gets upgraded over time but then i remembered talents

I thought about that already but it wouldn't create equality since then they wouldn't be like "books", that  take a slot in ur skill collection 🦁  (except we actually make them books, but in little)