Mounts update!

Ahmedic

New update for mounts!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea?

What is mount?

Players can tame a creature to become their mount forever, there's also 1 mount which can only be temporarily rented with miracle coins, while other mounts can be found all over the map of Arinar.

Why should I have a mount?

Mounted characters receive a new look and bonus 25% of character movement speed. The only benefit of mounts it can provide a permanent boost to speed while mounted, but they don't assist you in combat, but this may change in the future.

How to have a mount?

Usually when you using a taming item on a creature, you'll have the mount and you have to use the skill and your mount will be active until you turn it off again.

What is taming items?

Taming items can be dropped from completing dungeons, bosses and chests, also it can succeed, fail or even break depends on your luck.

How many mounts could I have?

Players could have alot of mounts not just one, simply get the taming item and use on creature to have it.

Any taming item can tame any creature?

Of course not, each taming items has specific creature to tame.

Later we can suggest the list of taming items if you guys like the idea.

Edited by Ahmedic

It has been suggested countless times... devs haven't lent ear (or eye, in the forum's case) to this suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

It has been suggested countless times... devs haven't lent ear (or eye, in the forum's case) to this suggestion. 

Maybe devs don't have a reason to add it to the game, but I think it will bring activity to the game whole year, everyone will look for favorite mount everyday not just at event time.

Endless time of doing dungeons for drop, daily killing bosses for drop and opening chests etc..

Mostly likely, if it will be added, if won't be skill but item in bag. Since you can have unlimited amount of mounts, imagine how many buttons will be on skills tab in menu. 

So, more like it should be item as well. You use taming item on future mount, and if succeed, it gets charged as caught mount. 

Knowing the game, I'd say, these things wouldn't last forever. Caught pet will be available for a while - like, 24h or maybe even 1 week after catch or so, then you gotta catch it again. Arinar doesn't have that big map to be in need of a mount whole time, so it would be temporary feature anyway. Plus, even if adding, it would sound more realistic if this thing would be spawning randomly at one place of any map (including swamps, to make hunt more interesting), and change it's location every once in a while - like, once per hour would be despawned and appear in new place. Bcoz if they will be all around map, literally anyone can get em, and then ppl won't really need bp pet. Plus, the only usable items that exist forever in this game are costumes. Minions, buffs, potions, summons - it all has certain lifetime, and so would said mount. 

I'd say, might be good idea. But then again - we have some sort of mounts already in free section of bp rewards. It's usually event restricted mount, though this season it's available for use all over the place, except underwater (which is more than understandable)

I personally think it should be some kind of equipment and not a skill. I think there should also be "artifacts" and such that is essentially items with active skills similar to merman gear. 

15 hours ago, Styler-X said:

Mostly likely, if it will be added, if won't be skill but item in bag. Since you can have unlimited amount of mounts, imagine how many buttons will be on skills tab in menu. 

So, more like it should be item as well. You use taming item on future mount, and if succeed, it gets charged as caught mount. 

Knowing the game, I'd say, these things wouldn't last forever. Caught pet will be available for a while - like, 24h or maybe even 1 week after catch or so, then you gotta catch it again. Arinar doesn't have that big map to be in need of a mount whole time, so it would be temporary feature anyway. Plus, even if adding, it would sound more realistic if this thing would be spawning randomly at one place of any map (including swamps, to make hunt more interesting), and change it's location every once in a while - like, once per hour would be despawned and appear in new place. Bcoz if they will be all around map, literally anyone can get em, and then ppl won't really need bp pet. Plus, the only usable items that exist forever in this game are costumes. Minions, buffs, potions, summons - it all has certain lifetime, and so would said mount. 

I'd say, might be good idea. But then again - we have some sort of mounts already in free section of bp rewards. It's usually event restricted mount, though this season it's available for use all over the place, except underwater (which is more than understandable)

8 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I personally think it should be some kind of equipment and not a skill. I think there should also be "artifacts" and such that is essentially items with active skills similar to merman gear. 

I'd say it might work like hairstyles, when you catch mount it appeared on your bag, then you have to use it and it will appear on your personal mount icon (same like personal hairstyles), while you choose between your mounts and the skill just to activate or deactivate it, while the skill itself will appear in your skills list (same like last winter update).

Also I think mounts should be forever like costumes, but it will be hard to get it like rare books and costumes maybe.

On 2/20/2022 at 5:16 AM, Ahmedic said:

I'd say it might work like hairstyles, when you catch mount it appeared on your bag, then you have to use it and it will appear on your personal mount icon (same like personal hairstyles), while you choose between your mounts and the skill just to activate or deactivate it, while the skill itself will appear in your skills list (same like last winter update).

Also I think mounts should be forever like costumes, but it will be hard to get it like rare books and costumes maybe.

I do think there should be mounts you can buy like some early game gear and even arena ones. Maybe even some that are rewards from season passes, event mounts for event tokens, and (because companies love money) mounts from mcoin shop. 

Other mounts can come from achievements, dungeons, and raid bosses

23 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

I do think there should be mounts you can buy like some early game gear and even arena ones. Maybe even some that are rewards from season passes, event mounts for event tokens, and (because companies love money) mounts from mcoin shop. 

Other mounts can come from achievements, dungeons, and raid bosses

Well they're alot of good idea already but I just found out that devs don't want mounts in game right now maybe in future, so I think the topic will be closed soon.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, Ahmedic said:

What is mount?

Players can tame a creature to become their mount forever, there's also 1 mount which can only be temporarily rented with miracle coins, while other mounts can be found all over the map of Arinar.

Why should I have a mount?

Mounted characters receive a new look and bonus 25% of character movement speed. The only benefit of mounts it can provide a permanent boost to speed while mounted, but they don't assist you in combat, but this may change in the future.

How to have a mount?

Usually when you using a taming item on a creature, you'll have the mount and you have to use the skill and your mount will be active until you turn it off again.

What is taming items?

Taming items can be dropped from completing dungeons, bosses and chests, also it can succeed, fail or even break depends on your luck.

How many mounts could I have?

Players could have alot of mounts not just one, simply get the taming item and use on creature to have it.

Any taming item can tame any creature?

Of course not, each taming items has specific creature to tame.

Later we can suggest the list of taming items if you guys like the idea.

Hey!

This is probably the number one suggestion of all time in this forum. 

Creating actual mounts would mean having to redraw all the character sprites and all its skins.

We have been adding this kind of mechanic in another way, the Unicorn in this battle pass for example. And even better, for free! 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:33 AM, Drakoknight said:

I like it. :happy:

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Creating actual mounts would mean having to redraw all the character sprites and all its skins.

Yeah I got it now.

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

We have been adding this kind of mechanic in another way, the Unicorn in this battle pass for example. And even better, for free! 

Yeah that was great, but I don't like unicorn I want to ride a war bear. 😂