Class- subclasses

x6t3nc3

Subclasses/roles

Each class has at least one subclass called 'Damage' aka generic..

Subclasses offer a diffferent style of gameplay to players, just hear me out.

There would be three subclasses/roles.

Tank

Support

Sage

Tanks:

The following classes can switch in and out of tank role: Blade Dancer, Paladin, Barbarian, Deathknight

In tank role, tanks receive bonus 30% armor and the effects of the skills taunt, rush, etc are greatly amplified..as in they work much better. However, whilst in Tank mode, tanks damage is reduced by 25%. Whilst in tank role, hp regen is increased aswell as maximum HP

Another thing to note about tank role; Bosses/mobs will target the tank due to role, damage output would not matter as such as long as the tank is in the same party as the damage out putters. When the skill taunt is used near a cluster of mobs, the skill affects all within a small radius.

Support.

the following classes can enter support mode; Necromancer, Priest, Shaman, Druid.

Whilst in support role, support classes gain an additional 6% healing & 2.5% critical chance. However whilst in support role, damage is reduced by 35% (not healing)

Whilst in support role, Mana regen is also increase significanty.

necromancer: Whilst in support role, the skill 'Fateful connection' has different uses. When used on allies in the same area, damage taken by one of the members is converted into healing for the players whom are under the spell of fateful connection. Also any healing done by the necromancer to a party member under fateful connection is healed by a small % of that heal. (75-250) when fateful connection is used on monsters, it deals damage.

Priest: valour aura - whilst in support role, any allies near the priest receive an aura that increases damage ( as usual) but also, players affected by valour aura receive a a small proportion of healing done by the priest, similar to fateful connection.

Druids/shamans: unsure yet, in work.

Sage role:

Classes than can enter the sage role/subclass:

mage, warlock, Ranger, a Rogue

Sage mode is a role that increases attack speed and critical chance by 3%. safe mode also offers an increase of 5% lifesteal and 2.5% accuracy. however whilst in sage mode, Armor is reduced by 15%.

These subclasses are only available in pve content, as in, when demanding arena, system automatically places you back into normal mode. But this may change..

If this were to be implemented in arena etc, you would see that Tanks have an advantage against DPS

DPS have an advantage against Supports

supports have an advantage against tanks.

Let me know what you think :)

Great suggestion :good: This is something that has been suggested but with different attributes on it. I really like it, but some changes is needed specially for "Sage" mode.

Great suggestion :good:

But what are those "Sub-classes/Roles", are they passive skills or what ? How could they be used ?

Also, yes some sub-classes for classes must be changed.

I support the main idea, suggested some similar stuff a while back. After som balancing and fixing it would be sweet. In the case of barbarian, I think it should be like this:

-High-dmg-dealing beast

Normal barbarian

-Heavy tank with ultra high def stats

And another thing, I think they also should be used in arena, not only in PvP as you suggested.

Sub class - The REAL Tank

All abilities are replaced to taunts that work the same retarded way as they do now

Yeah, that's pretty much it

Sub class - The REAL Tank

All abilities are replaced to taunts that work the same retarded way as they do now

Yeah, that's pretty much it

:)

I'm a forum noob, idk how to add things to my post, but i agree Delta

What are those "Sub-classes/Roles", are they passive skills or what ? How could they be used ?

Its a role you enter into, perhaps by clicking Menu>character>subclass.

In that menu you could choose between standard & your designated role, such as support (if you meet requirements: your class)

Its a role you enter into, perhaps by clicking Menu>character>subclass.

In that menu you could choose between standard & your designated role, such as support (if you meet requirements: your class)

Ok, thanks!

Seems interresting and like the idea behind it :) needs alot testing and balances ofc but very gd agreed :)

yep..needs a lot of balancing

Hmm.. Just idea from my mind: Every class are able to schoose one of two different sub classes.

"Tank" Classes have Dps and Tank sides. Tank side increases aggression generation and defensive stats while Dps side increases just offensive stats.

Support Classes have Support and Dps sides. Support increases heal stats. Dps increases offensive stats.

Dps Classes have two different Dps side. Another for high aoe dmg and one for high single target damage

Mine suggestion is almost same without lowering any base stats and have two kind of sub classes for each class.. I know this have been suggested before too..