Paper Skin

Kyrai

I don't know about you, but I see that the class is now worse than ever, I have seen friends and +10 players who die so easily for only aoe, and it is understood why the stone skin has many weaknesses, I think the nerf they did was without any review, in 5x5 before they held up well as tanks, but I don't understand why they decided to put the skill in an intermittent mode.

icon_skill_stone_skin.png Stone Skin

• Now blocked damage instantly accumulates one effect of the skill no more often than once every 2 seconds.

those 2 seconds for me are really absurd because barbarians don't have maximum blocking, so any focus on the barbarian turns it into a tank without any shield, and of course it would also be useful to raise other skills but they would also be just as useless, because the resist ignores everything, don't you think that the resist is what should be nerfed?, all the resistances have an excessive time compared to the stuns I think that at least it should be 4 seconds, because a stun lasts from 2 to 4 seconds depending on the character, also they are applied to luck because the defensive parameters ignore them like block, parry and dodge.

instead the resistances are of application is that they cannot even be removed with the dispelling relic, and that excessive time as the bd charges is worse because they are 3 charges for 16 seconds, and when you try to remove them you are already dead unless you are a hunter. And it is that the only classes that can fight the bd are few, on the other hand the barbarian I think that most classes can kill him, and the nerf they only did it to make it easier to kill him with the seeker, I do not see another any more excuse than this.

And me as a rogue is worse because there are already 3 classes that cleanses my skill kick in the back (Barb, Mage, Chieftain), and the barbarian removes the debuffs with the mermen armor

But anyway, I see that also for pve to upload a barbarian it would be in vain, due to the periodic damages and stuff. and resisting for pve if it would be good if the skill lasts a long time but since previously resistance is a headache for pvp, they should nerf the pve mobs so that they don't apply control attacks in excess.

Now my question is: when will the Legion faction be decent to play?
If I take a photo explaining the powerful skills, the legion classes stay far behind.

Edited by Kyrai

7 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Now my question is: when will the Legion faction be decent to play?

i mean, time ago it was not an option to recover stoneskin with block, then it happened and made the barb massively strong in the thing them were weak to: tank masses
but stoneskin has the massive flaw of being automaticaly deleted if the enemy has a dot (the amound of damage it deals dosent count much, the dot rate counts more in this case) and even worse if it had damage reflection.
the nerf was probaly caused by the barbarian massively outclassing the deathknight in pve and people being too dumb to deal with the stoneskin in pve
on any case, its not too much of a change if the enemy knew how to counter it in principle, but on any case it is just a really good damage reduction skill, but it wont the barbarian immortal unlike an different skill wich instead healed rather than garant dmg reduction for the next hit...

for short. it sucks, but i can deal with it in pve, idk pvp, i dont know about pvp i never do it

Just now, lore said:

i mean, time ago it was not an option to recover stoneskin with block, then it happened and made the barb massively strong in the thing them were weak to: tank masses
but stoneskin has the massive flaw of being automaticaly deleted if the enemy has a dot (the amound of damage it deals dosent count much, the dot rate counts more in this case) and even worse if it had damage reflection.
the nerf was probaly caused by the barbarian massively outclassing the deathknight in pve and people being too dumb to deal with the stoneskin in pve
on any case, its not too much of a change if the enemy knew how to counter it in principle, but on any case it is just a really good damage reduction skill, but it wont the barbarian immortal unlike an different skill wich instead healed rather than garant dmg reduction for the next hit...

for short. it sucks, but i can deal with it in pve, idk pvp, i dont know about pvp i never do it

anyway, before it was better and I didn't see any problem with the barbarians, the only one was that weakness of stone skin, with that intermittent of 2 seconds it does make it even weaker, and worse with magic damage, because roar they also weakened it, the winged dk is not very safe, and blood protection is the most reliable but it lasts 8 seconds, and stone skin was well made, now not.

Instead now the warden does take advantage of that permanent skill, which cannot be removed and has no duration, I see it as unfair, because each block heals it, and they have a skill that gives it a shield, I think that the intermittent skill  deserves it.

It is very easy to be a warden, but if you want to be a tank in the legion you have to think about it many times, besides, very few like those characters from the legion, on my server I see more and more wardens and fewer barbarians and dks, because they all go too far to chieftains.

In my opinion barbs stoneskin was nerfed because they were way too overtuned for pvp. With both really strong offence and defence with the correct build. Stoneskin having a cooldown makes sense as well since they did almost the same thing to wardens block heal. And on the topic of wardens. Even if there is more wardens around these days it doesnt change the fact that they are still kind of terrible for pvp. They do have the advantage vs other melee classes but they are still vulnerable to cc and ranged classes since they have 0 gap closers besides switcheroo, problem being that its borderline useless in 1v1 and 1vX you are obviously at a disadvantage vs ranged classes anyway. Funnily enough wardens share the same weakness as barbs which is dots. The difference of course being that sentinels have 4 reliable dots and 3 unreliable ones (Blazing ground,overload,bee,punitive roots and hamstring,foj combo,splitting blow). While legion has many many more (Reliable ones anyway).

Just as a side note, seekers are terrible against barbs. Only time they do decent damage on barbs is if they have a reflect enchant and the barb fails his stuns which lets the seeker wail on the barb without worry for a while and hoping he attacks back so stoneskin gets deleted as soon as it spawns back. Most of the time seekers will get stealth stun blocked or parried and get instantly stun comboed to 20% or less health and theres rarely any coming back from that.

(Literally forgot seeker has dots because they are so useless.)

Edited by Raislin

4 hours ago, Speedom said:

The nerf is because of pvp. Just like every other skills.

i mean werent like 90% changes in the last years all because of pvp? and it is still not well balanced?

1 minute ago, lore said:

i mean werent like 90% changes in the last years all because of pvp? and it is still not well balanced?

Seekers got 24% damage nerf in pvp because apparently they were too strong for pve. :rofl: (Well they were but still doesn't make it any less hilarious since they are total garbage in pvp.)

So not all of them but probably majority.

6 minutes ago, lore said:

Yep, and rip to f2p pve players

3 minutes ago, Raislin said:

Seekers got 24% damage nerf in pvp because apparently they were too strong for pve. :rofl: (Well they were but still doesn't make it any less hilarious since they are total garbage in pvp.)

So not all of them but probably majority.

Yea, Seekers need to speend $100s to be sustainable in pvp. That's including books. Other than that, with resist being the meta, Seekers are still a target easily to kite. 

In conclusion, these balances are due to pvp. Very very unnecessary nerfs. In addition, Devs never told us why they nerf these skills. A bit sus I'll say.

What's funny is that Barbarian's Stone Skin is like the game of rock, paper and scissors. Stone skin is the paper that can take out huge dmg(from the rock). However, DoT snips the defense from sustaining heavy dmg (scissors). Btw, they even nerf Roar lol.

Considering roar is a aoe with similar cooldown and almost as good debuff as bd sap its no wonder they nerfed it lol. You can also use fear relic on it so its pseudo cc as well.

They nerfed all aoe skills on legion side bcs on br server 1 mc guild fight vs all elfs and bcs of that all other server got disadvantage. Now that guild cant even beat any elf guild

7 hours ago, Raislin said:

Considering roar is a aoe with similar cooldown and almost as good debuff as bd sap its no wonder they nerfed it lol. You can also use fear relic on it so its pseudo cc as well.

Nerfed because of pvp. Rip f2p pve barbs

10 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

They nerfed all aoe skills on legion side bcs on br server 1 mc guild fight vs all elfs and bcs of that all other server got disadvantage. Now that guild cant even beat any elf guild

Kinda a lame excuse to nerf because of pvp. What a shame.

11 hours ago, Speedom said:

Nerfed because of pvp. Rip f2p pve barbs

i am a f2p pve barb, and luckly i do not have too many issues by having lived since stoneskin didnt reload with block

but i doubt about the newer, less experienced, lower geared ones

18 minutes ago, lore said:

i am a f2p pve barb, and luckly i do not have too many issues by having lived since stoneskin didnt reload with block

but i doubt about the newer, less experienced, lower geared ones

Yea with endgame max block, it not as bad. But as low lvl f2p, it's all luck with blocks. There's not many low lvl options too. Unless there's a crafter who willing craft low lvl rings.

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Kyrai said:

This skill should ignore DOT damage?

Because Warden skill isn't removable

Something for back to this topic

Of course semi permanent -80% damage reduction with no downsides is fair and balanced instead.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:05 PM, Speedom said:

Yea with endgame max block, it not as bad. But as low lvl f2p, it's all luck with blocks. There's not many low lvl options too. Unless there's a crafter who willing craft low lvl rings.

in the lower levels (20-26) i was more based around deffense than anything else, there struggles in kronus' dungeon and the few instances of the tree of seasons with masses of enemies (wich is where the dk can shine). Also, in us find gear in low levels its a struggle itself, rings with block are just a dream

16 hours ago, Kyrai said:

This skill should ignore DOT damage?

Because Warden skill isn't removable

Something for back to this topic

no, because thats the counter to the skill, thats why i was fine even with not having a cooldown on block recharge because it has clear counters (dmg reflect and dot)

3 hours ago, lore said:

in the lower levels (20-26) i was more based around deffense than anything else, there struggles in kronus' dungeon and the few instances of the tree of seasons with masses of enemies (wich is where the dk can shine). Also, in us find gear in low levels its a struggle itself, rings with block are just a dream

no, because thats the counter to the skill, thats why i was fine even with not having a cooldown on block recharge because it has clear counters (dmg reflect and dot)

Ok. so how we can counter Warden's Shield and Fortitude?

Why Legion classes need counter?

I think dmg dot on Barbarian is stupid, it should be removed by normal hits 

Because the skill is never going to recharge

1 hour ago, Kyrai said:

Why Legion classes need counter?

I think dmg dot on Barbarian is stupid, it should be removed by normal hits 

Because the skill is never going to recharge

It doesn't need a counter because it needs mana regen investment to work therefore either needing an extra enchant which means less penetration OR you use boots with mana regen instead and you lose 3% parry instead for example. There's clear tradeoffs to using it.

Warden's shield also requires doing damage to get protection and wardens are notoriously bad at doing damage. Which anyone who actually plays the game instead of whining on forums would know.

6 hours ago, Kyrai said:

1. what raislin said

2. single instances of high damage

3. unblockable skills