DK is still weak

Diobrando

To be honest, I don't know why I don't add the injury free effect of secret reserve to PVP. As a loyal DK player, I have been enduring this outdated tank for a long time. Even if it is strengthened now, it still can't change the fact that it is very weak

Edited by Diobrando

i would really love if you actually said what is bad with death knight and how, in your opinion we could fix it so that we could discuss it and figure out how to help you manage death knight better. other than the "reserve damage reduction should work on players" you have no actual complain to the class besides "dk bad"

I agree with Ogull. I mean, there are a lot of little tricks DKs has earned now. First of all, the one I myself am using: magic damage, which I currently think it is the best set to use for DK if you can deal some sort of damage to your enemy, as well as maybe the best choice for GvGs, in which DKs has a chance not to be chosen as 1st target and it's dangerous enough if left alone. 

OK, let me talk about my idea. Firstly, the skill of Knight curse looks very good, but it is difficult for him to release him to the position you want in actual combat, and the damage interval is too long. I wonder if I can delete 25% of the damage effect of 6 seconds and turn it into a specified area casting and shorten the damage interval to once a second.

The second point is the silent bash skill. Don't you think it's very weak compared with other classes? 4 / 4 5 second silence and 25% damage bonus. I don't want to point it, but I have to use it in PVP. Maybe I can consider increasing the damage bonus from 25% to 100%?

Third, this is my selfishness. I hope death call can become a permanent skill, which can reduce the damage by half. After all, this skill is really cool

Let me talk about secret backup skills. The previous DK was very weak. I believe everyone can see that although the current DK has been strengthened, there is still a gap between the current DK and other tanks. He still can't bear too much damage. He just strengthened PVE to get him back on track, but he didn't care enough about PvP and GVG. Although the time to change skills has passed, I still want to say, because I've been waiting too long.

DK is slow and bulky, which is well done, but now DK doesn't trade for strong skills because of its bulkiness. I think this is the biggest problem now

Edited by Diobrando

I'm happy with the class buff in pve. But, in my opinion, the lack of adequate proximity, instant cast control skills (other than sharp shadow) and no class buffs in pvp make DK a little mediocre in pvp without an out-of-class "life warp" skill.

As far as I feel now, Dk is qualified in PVE, and it is not very good compared with other professions in PVP. It does create continuous control, but the 75% chance of sharp shadow and the existence of resistance make it often fail. Finally, DK the damage caused by continuous control in PVP is too low.

Edited by yinglun

• 2 weeks later...

The only complaint I currently have with the class is the Shadow Sharp not having a 100% hit chance. Not too much, a class is great. I think what you need is to try out new builds... Both in PvE and PvP.

IMG_20220216_154529.jpg

IMG_20220216_154605.jpg

IMG_20220216_154647.jpg

IMG_20220216_154717.jpg

IMG_20220216_154805.jpg

6 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

The only complaint I currently have with the class is the Shadow Sharp not having a 100% hit chance. Not too much, a class is great. I think what you need is to try out new builds... Both in PvE and PvP.

IMG_20220216_154529.jpg

IMG_20220216_154605.jpg

IMG_20220216_154647.jpg

IMG_20220216_154717.jpg

IMG_20220216_154805.jpg

Wow!!..........

8 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

IMG_20220216_154529.jpg

IMG_20220216_154605.jpg

IMG_20220216_154647.jpg

IMG_20220216_154717.jpg

IMG_20220216_154805.jpg

Only 4 experts?! respect+

23 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

IMG_20220216_154529.jpg

IMG_20220216_154605.jpg

IMG_20220216_154647.jpg

IMG_20220216_154717.jpg

IMG_20220216_154805.jpg

no orci book. 3/10 :F:

@Filipe Ramon

Splendid character you got there buddy!

I am supposing that you're using a magic damage PvP build on that screen. How are you currently doing with that in arena? 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:52 AM, Filipe Ramon said:

IMG_20220216_154529.jpg

IMG_20220216_154605.jpg

IMG_20220216_154647.jpg

IMG_20220216_154717.jpg

IMG_20220216_154805.jpg

For clarification, many Deathknights won't be able to try out this build because this is purely a p2w build.

4 hours ago, Speedom said:

For clarification, many Deathknights won't be able to try out this build because this is purely a p2w build.

You don't need that to try out new builds. Currenly, magic dmg build is useful against anything which doesn't:

A. Nullify your damage (Fouetar raid boss, for example)

B. Decrease your CD (mermen set helps against this)

The mentioned scenarios are limited in the game on PvE environments and even then, unless you're soloing something, you'll have people with you to back you up. On PvP the situation differs noticeably, hence my question for the guy. 

Dk and brb has the worse skills for arena 4v4 5v5, I'm so tired to make team with these classes , they are just statues without any interesting and helpful skills, really disappointed .

On 2/20/2022 at 7:37 AM, Higgings said:

B. Decrease your CD (mermen set helps against this

US Sapp is the worst server for p2w. I've learned that recently. Maybe it's cheaper for p2w to get mermen is EU, but in US Sapp, it's 3-6million gold for 1 piece of mermen.

2 hours ago, Speedom said:

US Sapp is the worst server for p2w. I've learned that recently. Maybe it's cheaper for p2w to get mermen is EU, but in US Sapp, it's 3-6million gold for 1 piece of mermen.

Same story is here. I've got my Mermen thanks to a friend of mine. We sell things ultra cheap among guildies so that they can grow stronger. 

On 2/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, Higgings said:

I am supposing that you're using a magic damage PvP build on that screen. How are you currently doing with that in arena? 

Basically I keep the same control as DK PvP with the differential of the high vampirism of the Sharp Shadow + Saturation combo and the Damage in area of the Knight's Curse. It's very common in a War for example I don't die while the Knight's Curse doesn't end.

On 2/25/2022 at 6:48 AM, Higgings said:

Same story is here. I've got my Mermen thanks to a friend of mine. We sell things ultra cheap among guildies so that they can grow stronger. 

On the BR-Tourmaline server, books and equipment sets are really cheap. Currently the most expensive Triton set costs an average of 3kk, but it is very easy to find parts or even the Distortion Book for example at 1kk. The most expensive book costs 21kk.

4 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

Basically I keep the same control as DK PvP with the differential of the high vampirism of the Sharp Shadow + Saturation combo and the Damage in area of the Knight's Curse. It's very common in a War for example I don't die while the Knight's Curse doesn't end.

My exact same feeling on PvE. Just add Death Call in it. If I'm seized by mobs and I use Death Call, I can't die. 

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

My exact same feeling on PvE. Just add Death Call in it. If I'm seized by mobs and I use Death Call, I can't die. 

Death Call is very underrated. The fact that this skill can't be evade or resist. Combine this skill with curse and magic build, you can melt your target hp. In terms of pvp, war, you can keep a group stuck in a location as doing good dmg. Btw death call doesn't have a limited amount of targets.

5 hours ago, Speedom said:

Btw death call doesn't have a limited amount of targets.

i can feel you can do some funky things if you got some friend to help you...

My English is not good, so I use a translator. I hope you can understand what I mean. Dk lacks first hand offensive skills. When using Threads of Darkness to trap an enemy, you can't immediately cast control skills, allowing the enemy to break dk combo.

11 hours ago, snowstorm said:

My English is not good, so I use a translator. I hope you can understand what I mean. Dk lacks first hand offensive skills. When using Threads of Darkness to trap an enemy, you can't immediately cast control skills, allowing the enemy to break dk combo.

I do agree but the DK is supposed to be a tank. It's not even decent there unless you min-max with skills, books, gear, and accessories

19 hours ago, snowstorm said:

When using Threads of Darkness to trap an enemy, you can't immediately cast control skills, allowing the enemy to break dk combo.

There are two ways to do this with a magic construct. The first is to use Emanar before the Threads of Darkness, after rooting the skill cast is immediate. The second is with Shadow Sharp immediately after the strands. Remembering that the Threads of Darkness itself causes a rooting of a few seconds.

Edited by Filipe Ramon

Just now, Filipe Ramon said:

There are two ways to do this with a magic construct. The first is to use Emanar before the Threads of Darkness, after rooting the skill cast is immediate. The second is with Shadow Sharp immediately after the strands. Remembering that the Threads of Darkness itself causes a rooting of a few seconds.

Depends, now everyone have a resist in there gear for pvp. Lol

• 5 months later...
49 минут назад, Filipe Ramon сказал:

@Higgings @Ogull @Обновление Speedom. Книга Осьминога, Накоторой отсутствует Косатка.

Screenshot_2022-08-21-06-15-05-797_com.aigrind.warspear.jpg

:cereal_guy_2:

1 hour ago, Filipe Ramon said:

@Higgings @Ogull @Speedom Updating. Octopus Book, Only the Orcinus is missing.

Very well built. There's little to be said, buddy. Your DK is lit :magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

1 час назад, Filipe Ramon сказал:

:cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2::cereal_guy_2:

50 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

Where is pene book

No need... The skills already give increased damage...

The best books to use is what one that gives only 3% penetration...

Edited by Filipe Ramon

22 hours ago, Filipe Ramon said:

that's one fine dk. good job my friend :icare: 

so you replaced ferocity and resilience for octo and cd book🤔 quite nice, do you have other arrangement for PvP? or using the same

Edited by Ogull

@Ogull This is the correct construction. When I'm going pvp I just use Resilience and Ferocity and shoot them again. Even not busy you continue with the buffs for 30 minutes. The same in relation to the T5 Book. I only use it when I'm on T5 or GvG Mermen. With this PvE build I can tank all Boss Raids without a healer.

IMG_20220822_145049.jpg

IMG_20220822_145409.jpg

IMG_20220822_145329.jpg

Edited by Filipe Ramon

• 3 months later...
В 29.01.2022 в 12:56, Ogull сказал:

i would really love if you actually said what is bad with death knight and how, in your opinion we could fix it so that we could discuss it and figure out how to help you manage death knight better. other than the "reserve damage reduction should work on players" you have no actual complain to the class besides "dk bad"

В 29.01.2022 в 14:14, Higgings сказал:

I agree with Ogull. I mean, there are a lot of little tricks DKs has earned now. First of all, the one I myself am using: magic damage, which I currently think it is the best set to use for DK if you can deal some sort of damage to your enemy, as well as maybe the best choice for GvGs, in which DKs has a chance not to be chosen as 1st target and it's dangerous enough if left alone. 

Here is a completed and clear list of the problems and ways to improve them. I have analyzed both Russian and Eng forums for this work. Hope you will be able to check the topic with the translator = )

В 22.08.2022 в 19:57, Filipe Ramon сказал:

@Ogull This is the correct construction. When I'm going pvp I just use Resilience and Ferocity and shoot them again. Even not busy you continue with the buffs for 30 minutes. The same in relation to the T5 Book. I only use it when I'm on T5 or GvG Mermen. With this PvE build I can tank all Boss Raids without a healer.

IMG_20220822_145049.jpg

IMG_20220822_145409.jpg

IMG_20220822_145329.jpg

Can u please explain what is the reason for using two half-sets for magic build? In my opinion there is no way to get stacks from the light mermad due to the lack of Speed and Accuracy. Just a 20% penetration baff for your magic skills doesn`t look attractive while you lose Crit, Skills Cooldown and Mana Regeneration. You can get 7% Penetra permanent from rings and Relic of Cruelty for baff, which will proke near the same times as full stacks of light mermad.

Also, I cannot get why you haven`t chosen crafted Chiton, it gives more magic power, and also more suitable for potion/scroll baffs with %.