Who would win in a 1v1? Bard or DK

CraZe

Title says it all  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Title says it all

• Barbarian
    • Death Knight

of equal amp and gears. DK hands down.

Dk has an impressive stun skill and a smart dk will use pull if a barb tries to retreat to charge.

dk with a great stun? who are you trying to fool?

dk have the worst stun, barb stun WHEN works is better than dk with the shittiest stun ever seen.

pull wont avoid barb to succed his charge...

barb uses bleed skill, takes distance to charge back, dk avoid it with pull...then barb repeat process right after, dk cant use pull cause cooldown is absurd...charge now may work or not...but a charge will happen.

about who end up winning...does it matter when they the two most ducked up chars in this game? i guess not.

dk with a great stun? who are you trying to fool?

dk have the worst stun, barb stun WHEN works is better than dk with the shittiest stun ever seen.

pull wont avoid barb to succed his charge...

barb uses bleed skill, takes distance to charge back, dk avoid it with pull...then barb repeat process right after, dk cant use pull cause cooldown is absurd...charge now may work or not...but a charge will happen.

about who end up winning...does it matter when they the two most ♥♥♥♥ed up chars in this game? i guess not.

We could argue for ages about it. In the end, it comes down to how they are played and the skill set.

I Will tell you one thing, i see barbs and laugh.. i look at a dk and i find more respect in their potential ability. Pvp aspect of course.

Idk, depends on a shitload of different aspects. But I guess that dk would win, more decent skills, alot of dmg, and more easily played.

you shouldnt laught at barbs, they have a great defensive potential now.

expert skill + roar?  :diablo:

before the expert skill i would of agree with you, dks had more chance to win...now i just dont know.

dk with decent skills?  :'( dk skills needing a fix.

DK would delete barb.

DK has great melee dmg skills and magic dmg skills mixed with a sweet def skill, and high hp. Barb would need to be very lucky to win, and start pvp from a distance with hopes of not getting threaded first.

DK would delete barb.

DK has great melee dmg skills and magic dmg skills mixed with a sweet def skill, and high hp. Barb would need to be very lucky to win, and start pvp from a distance with hopes of not getting threaded first.

melee dmg skills? rogue have melee damage skillS, barb have melle damage skillS, bd have melle damage skillS...

dk have 1 melle damage skill, thorns and thats it. The expert one and exalation are pure magic skills.

u mean dark shield is a sweet defense skill? i wish  :cray: that crap activates in 1 out of 10 hits you take  :facepalm:

barb do have sweet defense skills, idk the number exactly but roar alone should lower at least 10% of incoming damage, and expert skill another 10% or more.

expert should be working 50% of the time if spammed, roar idk for sure, but my guess is 50% of the time as well if spammed.

so u compare barb lowering 20% or more of incoming damage in 50% of the time...vs dk ds lowering damage depending on HIGH amplification to lower ~100 damage when it works in one of ten hits you take.

barb with a working charge is nice on stun side, but when it doesnt stun and the low damage is barbs problems in my view, that bleeding skill doesnt seen too efficient on damage side, even tho it helps to keep enemies from running.

dk magic skills usually arent that great, cause u pay a high price if you chose having a decent magic, you lose stats... but i guess even not being great at all they do more damage than barb bleeding skill.

Tamoe, get real values to work with. You are just writing everything in a way that makes the dk sound bad. Pls, provide ss of your gear, or tell me abt it's amp, enchs etc. This is getting somehow annoying. You make it seem like if your dk has a +1 lvl 12 weapon.

And even though they are magic skills, they are melee dmg skills.

The dark shield works more often than that, of what I've seen. And it ignores up to 100% of the dmg.

And why are tou talking abt succes rates at roar and warcry? They always work. But aren't as great as you think. Warcry at lvl 3 gives me 5 percentage points more def, not 10.

+U got your basic dmg skill, dark dmg skill and expert dark dmg skill.

And wtf is up with the last part of your text? Are u saying that charge failing and low chop dmg is the bsrb's problems? Srsly, those "problems" are what you take in consideration when deciding about a thing like this topic.

my dk is lvl 20 arena gear +7 +8... even if it was +10. dks are ♥♥♥♥ed when its pvp related, pve they do ok because is impossible to do wrong there.

they have no melle burst, thats what i meant, rogues skills will deal more damage as you get your physical damage higher, same for barb n for bds. The only dk skill getting higher by higher physical power is thorns, the others increase accordingly to magic, but equip magic acessories... lose hp regen? lose dodge? lose accuracy? lose speed? lose hp? lose penetration? you chose what you will lose in exchange for magic burst.

it doesnt work on %, it work on a damage "swallowing" number from attack depending on your physical defense. 0 physical defense n lvl 5 it swallows 6 damage...then it adds 1 to every ~48 defense you increase, so 3k defense lowers damage in ~68 and 5k defense should lower the attack in ~110 IF it activates. and is a big IF here, this crap just wont work MOST of the times. i run a few tests on dk naked to check ds n ds alone, n out of 52 ~58 before char died it worked 7~9 times. that goes for ~15% so 1/10 times happens a lot.

i talking cause i asked to a in game friend who plays barb, he mencioned 1k buff working for ~5 seconds, with 10 seconds cooldown...thats 50% working time, and the buff was of 1k he said n it prob reaches higher cause i seen ss of barbs with 8~9k physical defense.

well, to me is pretty obvious barb defensive power is higher than dk, but what makes me doubtfull about who would have more advantage is up to the barb stun working or not n the damage. dk magic skills are overall weak but barbs bleeding one doesnt seen to be good either. so yup, a 5 seconds stun from charge is a good advantage, should be taken is consideration, as well as the other skill since it be must compared to dk expert n exalation. thorns n the power barb attack are pretty much equal.

u mean dark shield is a sweet defense skill? i wish  :cray: that crap activates in 1 out of 10 hits you take  :facepalm:

Seriously!?

Seriously!?

sometimes it will work a bit better than that but most of the times...you will just wonder, where is dark shield?  :unknw:

Maybe 1 in 5 hits it activates, but either way add it up. You can even solo bosses with it. I know this cause I saw bloodylips do it on video. But barb sucks, ask hassn. Even superman prefers Dk now over barb. Bard is a was been, and it just took people to realize that dk has always been.

Paladin will win.

paladin surely achieved a new level of heal and damage now.

everyone but DK is getting upgraded  :mega_shok:

wtf tamo, u complained too much about classes this classes that. u dont even play them all till lvl 20 and amped them to +8 min. how the duck a smartass like  u knows everything than us?. talking to u is like talking to a brickwall. :facepalm:

wtf tamo, u complained too much about classes this classes that. u dont even play them all till lvl 20 and amped them to +8 min. how the ♥♥♥♥ a smartass like  u knows everything than us?. talking to u is like talking to a brickwall. :facepalm:

this is a game, classes with skills, after playing for a while, seeing how they work n knowing their skills. how wont you know everything about it?

specially warspear, which is a simple enough game to understand.

the doubts you have, just need to try out or ask people who know the answer.

and if you asking about my opinion in paladins...honestly they had their role very clear with a 1h weapon having magic. support tank, gives a heal buff, heals allyes, n even disable enemies with fetters, he is a key class on arenas. he might not have that much damage but if you ignore him, his heal buff n healing skill can make it very hard to kill his allies... yet if you decide to go after him, he wont go down so easily as he is a tank. and if things get bad, he can use the fetters and combo with purifying for the extra damage.

now with spear he nearly doubled his magic power, which means, more damage, more heal, a little less hp n defense, but doesnt really make that much difference.

he sure stepped up, he was important before using spear, but now he can be more dangerous cause he have what dks lack, a skill to hold an enemy and burst the spear power. and for pala it will come with powerfull DoTs.

this is a game, classes with skills, after playing for a while, seeing how they work n knowing their skills. how wont you know everything about it?

specially warspear, which is a simple enough game to understand.

the doubts you have, just need to try out or ask people who know the answer.

and if you asking about my opinion in paladins...honestly they had their role very clear with a 1h weapon having magic. support tank, gives a heal buff, heals allyes, n even disable enemies with fetters, he is a key class on arenas. he might not have that much damage but if you ignore him, his heal buff n healing skill can make it very hard to kill his allies... yet if you decide to go after him, he wont go down so easily as he is a tank. and if things get bad, he can use the fetters and combo with purifying for the extra damage.

now with spear he nearly doubled his magic power, which means, more damage, more heal, a little less hp n defense, but doesnt really make that much difference.

he sure stepped up, he was important before using spear, but now he can be more dangerous cause he have what dks lack, a skill to hold an enemy and burst the spear power. and for pala it will come with powerfull DoTs.

yeah whatever. once a smartass always a smartass. :crazy:

To me he seems like he knows what he's talking about.  But theres a reason I didnt even put paladin as an option. Its because it doesnt fit my play style. Im still generally new at this game and still trying to find out which classes I like. At the moment I have a level 15 rogue. And he is my favorite class hands down. I also have a shaman level 12 & a druid level 12. I have a ranger level 6 (I think im going to like him alot). I have A warlock and dk level 4 and im not sure if I like them yet. Still going to give them a try. And thats all the spots they let you use on one account.

To me he seems like he knows what he's talking about.  But theres a reason I didnt even put paladin as an option. Its because it doesnt fit my play style. Im still generally new at this game and still trying to find out which classes I like. At the moment I have a level 15 rogue. And he is my favorite class hands down. I also have a shaman level 12 & a druid level 12. I have a ranger level 6 (I think im going to like him alot). I have A warlock and dk level 4 and im not sure if I like them yet. Still going to give them a try. And thats all the spots they let you use on one account.

rogues and rangers are the classes made for killing.

shaman and druids, two immortals.

warlock is good if you like to control the fight, specially big ones like arena 5x5 n wars.

dk has some use at pve, n can be good on early levels where people dont have much stun power. on high levels he just decrease a lot. you will need a lot of back up to hold enemies down and kill them, cause you just have no skill to do that.

and this tung guy...  :facepalm: plays the OP bd, and cant take complains about them. apprently they were weak before some changes but then they went all the way up to the top list.

while they should be in a way equal to other tanks, he is overpowered.

Quick tip for you.

Stick to one or two characters. the more chars you have, the more expensive it will be to raise and equip them. Even if you can afford miracle coins, its the best option. Over time, the game gains new gears that can outdate previous gears.

Thanks born. I am well aware of that. I was actually think more like 2 possibly 3. But as of right now im trying to find the other two I like the best. Thanks for the tip tho :)

Barbarian has a chance if his enemy is noob and is using a slow spear.

Good explanation of the barbarian's chances against a dk.  :(

If both characters have medium amps dk wins

>slow spear

Tamoae or whatever, stop crying about classes you don't play for longer than 1-2 years. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Everyone's getting buffs except dks my ass

If both characters have medium amps dk wins

>slow spear

Tamoae or whatever, stop crying about classes you don't play for longer than 1-2 years. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Everyone's getting buffs except dks my ass

then please tell me whats the big buff dks got?

what dk got was a nerf on dark shield with devs keeping it quiet.

rogues got a skill to catch runners, bds got the same with the add of unfair 3.8seconds stun, rangers became killing beasts, mages expert is good to take rogues out of stealth + more damage, druids got a massive sleep skill (isnt that necro sleep really good? lets make it hit multiple enemies n give to druid), priest support expert buff is wow, barbs can reach over 9k defense with expert, shamans got a really strong skill, well, necro and locks kinda got some crap skill  comparable to dk and paladin, but paladin got increased damage and heal when they allowed spears to be equipped on palas and necro n lock are already good for their purposes without the need of great expert skill. even tho it would be nice to have something better on their expert since many got usefull skills. dk is just getting left behind.

I said it alrdy a couple times ,

Dk at High amp is beasty

So is barb ...

Over 5 year Arena experience

kathi is depending lv .... have lv maybe barb is better other dk.... dk is better at lv 14 but lv 10 i think barb  :wacko: and vs who u do pvp or arena too count much

then please tell me whats the big buff dks got?

what dk got was a nerf on dark shield with devs keeping it quiet.

rogues got a skill to catch runners, bds got the same with the add of unfair 3.8seconds stun, rangers became killing beasts, mages expert is good to take rogues out of stealth + more damage, druids got a massive sleep skill (isnt that necro sleep really good? lets make it hit multiple enemies n give to druid), priest support expert buff is wow, barbs can reach over 9k defense with expert, shamans got a really strong skill, well, necro and locks kinda got some crap skill  comparable to dk and paladin, but paladin got increased damage and heal when they allowed spears to be equipped on palas and necro n lock are already good for their purposes without the need of great expert skill. even tho it would be nice to have something better on their expert since many got usefull skills. dk is just getting left behind.

Oh yes, dark shield nerf,  hurr durr, 50% damage reduction so bad please fix herp derp

Go away

I said it alrdy a couple times ,

Dk at High amp is beasty

So is barb ...

Over 5 year Arena experience

disagree poley :!

i remember going arena 2x2 me +8 n another dk full +9 +10

we went vs your druid and a ranger, we were able to put the ranger down but even 2 vs 1, you beated us, tanking our damage...n it was before the united magic. when u healed around 170, now you heal around 300?

dk may have been a beast before but it just isnt anymore.

Oh yes, dark shield nerf,  hurr durr, 50% damage reduction so bad please fix herp derp

Go away

for 1, dk dark shield doesnt work as % reduction.

for 2, back in time it decreased 1 damage for each 30 defense you add up . meaning 3k defense, dark shield would  lower 100 damage when worked.

now it decrease 1 damage for each 48 defense you add up. meaning you need 4.8k defense to have the same dark shield power from before.

and this change was made in the quietness, like no one would notice such a nerf.

and this is just one prooven nerf, i believe they lowered the activation chances as well, but since the % was never out to the public, cant prove that.

kathi is depending lv .... have lv maybe barb is better other dk.... dk is better at lv 14 but lv 10 i think barb  :wacko: and vs who u do pvp or arena too count much

i understand but i was talking about lvl 20 arena

Tamoe that fight was probably a lot of luck u should have seen afros dk "AlurcardL"

Wrecked everyhting in 1v1 except high amped bds , i lost uncountable times against him and other oldies

Also i can mention an Eu dk "Vanityx" i swear i was inspired by such ppl to create my own dk but kathari got so half buried xD

Ur right at the heal point but u forgot there was no mdef at the time i healed 175+

Seen alrdy 6k mdef dks in 2v2 or 5v5? Ull regret everything u said about dks

Tamoe that fight was probably a lot of luck u should have seen afros dk "AlurcardL"

Wrecked everyhting in 1v1 except high amped bds , i lost uncountable times against him and other oldies

Also i can mention an Eu dk "Vanityx" i swear i was inspired by such ppl to create my own dk but kathari got so half buried xD

Ur right at the heal point but u forgot there was no mdef at the time i healed 175+

didnt see a dk like this yet but seen a druid like this lol

saw a druid take down over 50% of a warlock damage, he was like "duck this, i quit ]:>"  :lol:

for that dk, i guess he maybe used ice queen? so the +10 buff with those equips...near 700 damage  :blush: the massive power is hard to tank when you cant get defensive stats.

but idk if 5k can help a lot, kitting still sucessfull, i went to chase a druid few weeks ago, he rooted me, then forest song, got 1 hit rooted again,,, n so on...when you get to deliver only one hit, you just cant win. unless your damage is 700  :blush: and your lucky enough to deliver critical attacks.

oh ok yes for druid in lv 20 is hard kill dk(+10) 1x1

• 2 weeks later...

DK will own barb if it using 1h sword to maximize the stun skill. I have lv20 DK and stun is his strength, so sad most ppl only see high attack = op, actually its not always like that