Elf skills too much OP (CC,stun,shield)

Arnstine

• 4 weeks later...

Well on mc side we have necro sleep(single target with a bit more duration) elfs have druid with aoe sleep. Mc have dk with silence(it increase 1 hit) while on other side pala have aoe silence. We have nerfed lock while they have same templar . Mc have barbarian rush elfs have bd aoe stun. Mc have chief with 0 aoe stun while elfs have mages. And to talk about support skills . Mc have 2 support skills thats rugged and shaman cleanse while elfs have druid skill that make char not able to die (i forgot name) pala shield and templar mantra. But elfs side still only complain about charmer dog and chiefs aoe and dmg which cant be done in same build but let them cry more. I heard that in some servers mcs doesnt even compete when 2 elfs can perma stun whole pt. 

Elfs elfs elfs... accept it all are overbuffed.

Area Stuns: Paladin / Mage / Templar / Blade Dancer / Druid
Resistance Characters: Mage / Blade Dancer / Warden > Seeker Talented

Summon minions: Druid / Templar
Endless Stun Time: Druid
Counter skills specially for all enemy characters: Mage / Blade dancer
Attack Strenghted: Seeker / Blade Dancer / Warden
Shielding skill: Paladin / Mage / Priest / Seeker / Templar (LOL ALL CHOOSENS!) Blade Dancer / Warden
Excessive Damage Solo and groups: Mage / Blade Dancer / Ranger
Intouchable Characters: Druid / Ranger
Area Damage Reduction: Warden (Isnt rare for nexts updates BD sap Aoe)
Full Characteristics of class: Ranger, Warden (Full attack, Full defense)

Supportive skills: Paladin / Priest / Mage / Templar / Druid / Warden
Paper Stun: Druid (this means 1 hit rip stun)
Skills OMG WHAT IS THIS: Elusive Danger Word of Power Priest
Full Relic Lucky characters: Paladin / Priest / Templar / Druid (Relic of Silence, Magic Relic of Deceptive Control, Magic Relic of Oppresion, Icy Relic of Captivity)
Mermen Armor Cheats: Paladin / Blade Dancer / Warden (Is cheat! that causes another unbalance. why not better block the armor effects of remove control skills from players?)
Good Arena Characters: Paladin / Mage / Templar / Blade Dancer / Druid / Ranger / Warden / Smart priest (All Firstborns!)
ADD: Reflect Damage: Blade Dancer (hmmm...)

are we doing this again?

21 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

Game isnt balanced and it will never be if we continue to have skill changes once a year

it isnt as for now and never will, since you would need to balance both pvp and pve, for how much you all care about pvp, pve is a thing and it has to be taken in account for evrything, since its source of multiple strong items capable to unlock great pve power and completely destroy the pvp balance, basicaly in the game there so many items capable to destroy pvp just by existing, im talking to the magnificent non class books and mermen's sanctuary armors

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 1:20 PM, Santa Claus said:

Well on mc side we have necro sleep(single target with a bit more duration) elfs have druid with aoe sleep. Mc have dk with silence(it increase 1 hit) while on other side pala have aoe silence. We have nerfed lock while they have same templar . Mc have barbarian rush elfs have bd aoe stun. Mc have chief with 0 aoe stun while elfs have mages. And to talk about support skills . Mc have 2 support skills thats rugged and shaman cleanse while elfs have druid skill that make char not able to die (i forgot name) pala shield and templar mantra. But elfs side still only complain about charmer dog and chiefs aoe and dmg which cant be done in same build but let them cry more. I heard that in some servers mcs doesnt even compete when 2 elfs can perma stun whole pt. 

But let them cry more.. meanwhile crying about elfs xD

2 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Devs favor elf side, i mean it has been going on for years

Why should they? What do they earn by doing that? 

19 hours ago, Higgings said:

Why should they? What do they earn by doing that? 

the more powerful a side is, the more people will invest in that side, basically what sea server is

In fact mc side have more cc,s and elf side have more dmg, thats  1 of the reasons why alot of people chose to play elfs also they have a support tank(pala) while mc doesnt have such char. Main problem people don't complain is how most of the cc are unfair and unfun, maybe fun for the user but verry unfun for the enemy's, like you go arena bam got stunlock at the first seconds and dead without even chance to play(yes there is resist status but its luck based) suddenly you feel empty and useless cuz someone press 1-2skills and you lost control of your character, all cc,s(besides slow and maybe sleep) shouid be nerfed or replaced with debuffs/buffs so your enemy's have chance to react or counterplay and not those who have more stuns,fear, silences, roots(with mute effect) wins.

45 minutes ago, coldravens said:

In fact mc side have more cc,s and elf side have more dmg,

Cc is crowd control skill not 1 person stun or aoe dmg . And elfs got ao control on almost all chars while mcs have only lock capable of that thing and it was nerfed . All mc got 1 target stun but elfs got 1 target and aoe which is unfair. 

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

the more powerful a side is, the more people will invest in that side, basically what sea server is

It can work the other way around. Why exactly elves and not mcs, if this was the case? 

5 hours ago, God Emerald said:

Mc players saying Elf are over powered

Elf players saying Mc are over powered

will this ever end :yay:

A lot of elf characters have full area stun they just win from that, a lot of elf characters have shields so why does paladin or priest need support with it? it is unnecessary
Our Unique stun aoe is Warlock, and he needs support all, but nobody wants to be a warlock because it is paper, and they ended up giving them a templar, because the developers think elves are weak in area stun, Paladin Mage Bd skills are useless?

Our unique shield character is Necromancer, and you don't see many

4 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

Cc is crowd control skill not 1 person stun or aoe dmg . And elfs got ao control on almost all chars while mcs have only lock capable of that thing and it was nerfed . All mc got 1 target stun but elfs got 1 target and aoe which is unfair. 

cc as term is also used for the single target control as well, also hello necro panic is aoe cc(o tho is point melee range and its verry hard to pull off), hunter confuson arrow is also aoe cc, 

even chiften trashing can be consedered aoe cc since it stops you on place, bouth sides have good aoe cc,s even tho i agree elfs have them abit better than us. 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Higgings said:

It can work the other way around. Why exactly elves and not mcs, if this was the case? 

it can't with such classes we have, show me a good aoe class who can crowd control well, locks? no please. the elf side received a similar class who can at least keep himself alive in pvp even in 2vs1, it got really good support abilities and capable of aoe silence, it can use heavy armour while our lock can use cloth, there is a huge gap in this, the heavy armour can sustain heavy dmg as well which in case for lock, doesn't look so good as it's the only class who crowd control well enough, mean while it's only templar who can do such stuff, there is paladin, druid, what more do you want me to say? these aren't baseless claims, in a server like sea where people is low, a druid can keep a pt asleep there which is a significant loss in the side of legion in my case, it's not only sea server, this single aoe class overpowers overall mc, again, legion received several nerfs cuz these elves were actually getting killed by 1 class with specific builds, cool, the nerf hammer, meanwhile their druid had been doing that for years, it can perma sleep your pt without orcinus book, wow

9 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

it can't with such classes we have, show me a good aoe class who can crowd control well, locks? no please. the elf side received a similar class who can at least keep himself alive in pvp even in 2vs1, it got really good support abilities and capable of aoe silence, it can use heavy armour while our lock can use cloth, there is a huge gap in this

You're confusing "being capable to AoE stun" with "being able to do it for a long time". Locks can indeed give a huge aid in this sense. Sure, they can't withstand damage as much as a templar would, but in terms of crowd control Locks have got a wider range of skills at their disposal. The only difference is that Templars can actually benefit from their own stunning abilities, making them more consistent in comparison with Locks. 

9 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

mean while it's only templar who can do such stuff, there is paladin, druid, what more do you want me to say?

I'd personally say that you might see people arguing about their ridiculous survivability effects more than their stunning capabilities. Without them, they'd be as dangerous as a Lock. The fact that they can also stun is a consequence of another fact which is that they can live long enough to stun and help in this way even if seized by enemies, and that's even more ridiculous than everything else.

Even Chieftains for example do provide some help with the CC, but you won't see them being blamed about their strenght because the average level Chieftain dies if being pulled in a crowd. You will see them being terribly strong in dmg output because in environements like arena you lack of one condition necessary to annihilate the class: the crowd. The same can't be said when we speak of certain elven classes, where a crowd is not enough to kill them thus you just end up stunning/disabling them and deal with the rest of the team. Stunning/Disabling is also a weak point, which in this game requires some good brain to practise or at least a synergistic team which you'll rarely find in random arenas. 

That's the point: classes on the elf side are simply more consistent and complete. However, that doesn't mean that Devs do prioritize one side more than the other; the proof is that MCs have been massively buffed in this last patch we had. In addition, there's litterally no income in investing in a side which is already strong and letting the other die. Balancements do provide them far more money. 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

Balancements do provide them far more money. 

it certainly did for the elves, all these years and they can't buff the survivability of warlock and introduce a deadly class like templar who can use heavy armour, shield and also skills on par with lock and even better. they honestly don't balance any side correctly enough, There is whole lot of mmorpg games out, trust me it's never this bad like ws, this game has been running for years, what are they doing with balances in a year? they should balance it every week, they are getting paid anyways cuz the people who puts money in this game, puts a lot of money.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, Ahmed Didar said:

hey should balance it every week, they are getting paid anyways cuz the people who puts money in this game, puts a lot of money

This is materially impossible to do. Have you ever updated a character maxing out every item just for the sake to have a character updated? If the answer is yes, then you'll certainly know that it isn't cheap. Nor it is convenient for devs doing so, because you'd have no datas at all to base said updates on. 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, Ahmed Didar said:

it certainly did for the elves

I'm not quite sure you got what I precedently meant. I meant more incomes in terms of money. You earn more money by updating new classes rather than making few little adjustments on already strong ones. 

On 5/2/2022 at 11:59 PM, Higgings said:

This is materially impossible to do. Have you ever updated a character maxing out every item just for the sake to have a character updated? If the answer is yes, then you'll certainly know that it isn't cheap. Nor it is convenient for devs doing so, because you'd have no datas at all to base said updates on. 

I'm not quite sure you got what I precedently meant. I meant more incomes in terms of money. You earn more money by updating new classes rather than making few little adjustments on already strong ones. 

They are developers, they can technically gift themselves +10 weapons or the players on test server to hasten the process, how hard is that? As I said, there are PLENTY of mmorpg who introduces updates every week, I don't see what's so hard for a 2D game. A game is a game and it doesn't make any difference between any other. If they are earning money to live by then they should as well care for the player base.

They shouldn't even make new class without balancing the current ones. that will just add another hassle to their list of unbalances. Well they don't do that, do they?

2 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

They are developers, they can technically gift themselves +10 weapons or the players on test server to hasten the process, how hard is that?

And how would this be a good way to test things, exactly? What kind of result would you expect from datas obtained by devs themselves playing the game using boosted items for this purpose during the ammount of time equals 1 week? This is not the way you test features properly. An actual process takes a lot of time. Sure, I would agree on twice a year, but once a week is kinda meaningless objectively. 

3 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

As I said, there are PLENTY of mmorpg who introduces updates every week, I don't see what's so hard for a 2D game

You don't see it because you are not the guy in charge of planning updates with new ideas everytime in a game 13 years old. You don't even need to be such a guy, tbf. All you need is a more realistic point of view. 

A game is a game and it doesn't make any difference between any other.

This makes no sense

They shouldn't even make new class without balancing the current ones. that will just add another hassle to their list of unbalances. Well they don't do that, do they?

Did the idea of making new classes exactly to balance the old ones existing ever cross your mind? They added new classes so that to balance both sides with what they lack/need the most. They do even explain why they introduce such changes/classes now. Before it wasn't like this. 

21 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

They are developers, they can technically gift themselves +10 weapons or the players on test server to hasten the process, how hard is that?

the problem is that not evrything is +10 and the testing might require some time in order to find some exploit or something broken in a class, and as we have seen it takes time for them to test so we would have a hell of a time having constant tests all week, also i prefer to maximun on one balance each month/season in order to dont have the team rush always the balance and have enough data to do the thing proprely

As I said, there are PLENTY of mmorpg who introduces updates every week

depends on the developer team and their focuses, also a weekly update is not forcefully an skill balance update

A game is a game and it doesn't make any difference between any other.

different dev team sizes, budgets, goals, so the game is a game dosent matter as an argument. they can be paid like gods the same way they can be underpaid to hell, also they probaly have someone dedicated to this stuff and the the rest of dev team  just implements the thing

If they are earning money to live by then they should as well care for the player base.

welp, they should, as they can also not, also i dont see how weekly skill balances would be good, it would end up to just make it an hell and needing rushed ideas in for balance, the only ones wich would be able to run in whiout big issues is small changes.

as higs said, use the new classes to balance the situation, the best option is not always the most evident one, you can also buff an underpowered/normal class to screw over an op class, you dont need to directly target the issue to solve it, the main target is not have "god" tier and "useless trash" tiers of classes.