spear on pala

this is just a small (almost a rant) topic about how dks have lost their symbol weapon the spear....how could the devs give it to palas? they already have a somewhat major advantage with their heal and wasn't the 2h hammer good enough? now they have higher heal and damage packed into 1 weapon...what do you guys think?

this is just a small (almost a rant) topic about how dks have lost their symbol weapon the spear....how could the devs give it to palas? they already have a somewhat major advantage with their heal and wasn't the 2h hammer good enough? now they have higher heal and damage packed into 1 weapon...what do you guys think?

Oh.. spear pala...

Good dmg

Good heal

:shok:

Mace is sufficient to

its not just more heal...

its also more damage from dot combo and illumination skill :spiteful:

DKs 1h path needed a magic weapon, we all know this. Devs took a short-cut giving all melee chars all weapon classes. Good for for 1h DK, but im not sure how well they thought it through. If a 2h barb or DK use axe/warhammers or spadons doesnt reallt matters, they are all the same just 1 stat choice and maybe a fraction of atk speed.

But to give rouges axes - i dont know about that, its barbs job to dual wield axes, maybe blade dancer, but not a rouge in my eyes. They would need a "dirk-type" of light weight hatchet before i can think thats ok.

Paladins where always epic and if it wasnt for the elf community on EU i would probably been a Paladin. However to meld 2h DPS path and the 1h tank/support path into one epic 2h DPS supporter - Im sure devs can admit they didnt think about this specific situation when they released all melee weapons to all melee classes.

Maybe this needs a thinking through and limit some weapons. DK needs 1h mace or a 1h with magic of some type. 2h weapons with no magic can be for anyone sure no biggie. Blade dancer can keep their axes sure, doesnt really matter more then their 4% faction buff is even more OP. Rouges can have axes too, but only if they make a light weight version.

When v2.0 came out someone in vn server said rogues would use dual axes next update... that was like 3yrs ago

I think they might have said it as a joke but look what has finally happened lol.

Ya I don't know. Instead of creating new structures - gameplay balancing, skill balancing. Little by little every update since introduction of greater charms, gamestructures are degenerating. A lawless unstructured game, with no class balance and all new option only make players strongers. I miss the old game with tactics, not this new shit where theirs no player restrictions, where you max everything and spam 1000+ crits and spells unlimited.

Theirs a reason why I just play casual PvE and wait for avon-island. Lost the lust for this overpopulated and underbalanced game. Still I come back for the people.

I understand completely how you guys feel. When I heard about 2hand sprears for pala I was crushed. I put so much effort into one hand and how to effectively use that build. And now it seems that any pala with a half ampt sd spear can be extremely hard to kill for anyone of the same lvl. Just with healing and and that kind of dmg, not to mention the illumination skill for undead players, pala has faired very well as a pvp class.

But after I thought about it I felt pretty happy. Now pala can actually match a dk's magic / melee dmg. They are truely equal now. Heal vs. dark shield, illumination vs. (cursed weapon i think it was). fetters pur combo dmg vs. threads stun att dmg. 

I amped the sd spear to +10, and I must say, for dk and all other classes (except rouge and ranger), 2hand spear is the way to go. But before the SD spear, no pala could ever beat an equally amped dk, no never.

Now I understand why this update has a 2hand pala vs. a 2hand dk as the background image. Cant wait for the lvl 20 spear. Hopefully they will put magic dmg on a hammer.

and btw, dk can use 1 hand mace now??????/ Thought i saw a dk with one. 

:drinks:  guys

I understand completely how you guys feel. When I heard about 2hand sprears for pala I was crushed. I put so much effort into one hand and how to effectively use that build. And now it seems that any pala with a half ampt sd spear can be extremely hard to kill for anyone of the same lvl. Just with healing and and that kind of dmg, not to mention the illumination skill for undead players, pala has faired very well as a pvp class.

But after I thought about it I felt pretty happy. Now pala can actually match a dk's magic / melee dmg. They are truely equal now. Heal vs. dark shield, illumination vs. (cursed weapon i think it was). fetters pur combo dmg vs. threads stun att dmg. 

I amped the sd spear to +10, and I must say, for dk and all other classes (except rouge and ranger), 2hand spear is the way to go. But before the SD spear, no pala could ever beat an equally amped dk, no never.

Now I understand why this update has a 2hand pala vs. a 2hand dk as the background image. Cant wait for the lvl 20 spear. Hopefully they will put magic dmg on a hammer.

and btw, dk can use 1 hand mace now??????/ Thought i saw a dk with one. 

:drinks:  guys

Yes DKs have 1h mace, cause we needed a 1h weapon with magic. All other classes didnt even need their new weapons - rouges didnt need axes, nor did paladin need 2h magic weapon.

DK was never too strong for paladin, give me a break. In all our 1v1 fights i think our score is more or less 50/50 gab and we re both +9 1handers. I thought they were very equal, just diffrent tactitcs, diffrent situated.

I dont even care for PvP anymore so sure keep your spear, but dont tell me it "made" it equal.

My real issue here is that devs have just let everything go. Tell me one update since greater charms update when the game have become "easier" and the update have only made all chars stronger and fatter.

To name a few

- Greater charms - no one have needed to consider mana usage after this update

- Removal of diffrent magics - making all magic users with heal having max dmg and max heal

- Increased def and magix def (only 1 type) - alot easier PvE play

and latest

- Giving free weapon choices to all melee chars - Paladin can now combo heal and DPS path. Rouges and BD got fatter burst dmg.

The best version i ever played of warspear was v1.6 when i still played with blue gear and CC items and i still had any chance to beat any class, if you just had alittle luck and managed your chars strengths. I really dont want to be that person, but things were ALOT better before...

Yes DKs have 1h mace, cause we needed a 1h weapon with magic. All other classes didnt even need their new weapons - rouges didnt need axes, nor did paladin need 2h magic weapon.

DK was never too strong for paladin, give me a break. In all our 1v1 fights i think our score is more or less 50/50 gab and we re both +9 1handers. I thought they were very equal, just diffrent tactitcs, diffrent situated.

I dont even care for PvP anymore so sure keep your spear, but dont tell me it "made" it equal.

My real issue here is that devs have just let everything go. Tell me one update since greater charms update when the game have become "easier" and the update have only made all chars stronger and fatter.

To name a few

- Greater charms - no one have needed to consider mana usage after this update

- Removal of diffrent magics - making all magic users with heal having max dmg and max heal

- Increased def and magix def (only 1 type) - alot easier PvE play

and latest

- Giving free weapon choices to all melee chars - Paladin can now combo heal and DPS path. Rouges and BD got fatter burst dmg.

The best version i ever played of warspear was v1.6 when i still played with blue gear and CC items and i still had any chance to beat any class, if you just had alittle luck and managed your chars strengths. I really dont want to be that person, but things were ALOT better before...

You are right about many things bro and im not trying to step on your toes either but be honest with me.

Could a pala all +10 arena gears and +10 sd hammer or axe ever beat a Dk +10 arena gears and +10 sd spear? The answer is hell no and you know it. pala with 2hand sd axe or hammer had almost zero magic damage and a heal completely not worth using. 2 hand dk has all kinds of master pvp based skills. Dk inflicted damage like never before.

Now 1hand dk vs 1hand pala, both stood a fair chance. Cause 1hand mace had enough astral to undo all the damage skills dk has. So you right about that.

And as for all the other classes it finally makes sense now that we can use a broader range of weapons. Devs losened control of classes weapon specializations to create more balance that everyone has been begging for. Bd is better at catching a kiter, pala has higher dmg and heal for kiters, rouge can jump a hell of a distance to catch a running kiter. If pala wasnt given this "long awaited should have been a long time ago" 2hand with magic then he would have been completely useless after this update.

But please do answer the question i asked about pala 2hand vs. dk 2hand.

1 VS 1 isn't an appropriate way to compare 2 different classes. End of the story.

It all comes to who parries/dodges/nullifies damage(deathknight)/critical heals(paladin) and whatever else

There's no "clean" fight, stop using 1vs1 as an excuse to deem a class "strong" or "overpowered" or whatever else

Just my cents

1 VS 1 isn't an appropriate way to compare 2 different classes. End of the story.

It all comes to who parries/dodges/nullifies damage(deathknight)/critical heals(paladin) and whatever else

There's no "clean" fight, stop using 1vs1 as an excuse to deem a class "strong" or "overpowered" or whatever else

Just my cents

Yeah your right. So then over all wins. Always dk, 80% of the time when both classes using 2hand. Everyone knows this.

Please, explain how "everyone knows this" because i don't thus your assumption is wrong.

Lmao, the reason for this topic explains it all. Someones pissed that their winning streak just came to a dead end.

If dk and pala were always equally matched this topic wouldnt exist.

just my cents.

No, im not pissed. I don't even own a Deathknight, nor Paladin. If that makes sense to you, at all.

You seem to not get the point, after following your second line.

Just my €

No, im not pissed. I don't even own a Deathknight, nor Paladin. If that makes sense to you, at all.

You seem to not get the point, after following your second line.

Just my €

Awww there it is, you don't even have a paladin or a dk.  :rofl:

Well I feel a bit  :crazy:  for replying to your comments. L8r dude.

>assumptions

Because apparently sharing opinions and views is based on what do you own anyways

Feel the same when you look on the mirror anyhow

"L8r dude"

You are right about many things bro and im not trying to step on your toes either but be honest with me.

Could a pala all +10 arena gears and +10 sd hammer or axe ever beat a Dk +10 arena gears and +10 sd spear? The answer is hell no and you know it. pala with 2hand sd axe or hammer had almost zero magic damage and a heal completely not worth using. 2 hand dk has all kinds of master pvp based skills. Dk inflicted damage like never before.

Now 1hand dk vs 1hand pala, both stood a fair chance. Cause 1hand mace had enough astral to undo all the damage skills dk has. So you right about that.

And as for all the other classes it finally makes sense now that we can use a broader range of weapons. Devs losened control of classes weapon specializations to create more balance that everyone has been begging for. Bd is better at catching a kiter, pala has higher dmg and heal for kiters, rouge can jump a hell of a distance to catch a running kiter. If pala wasnt given this "long awaited should have been a long time ago" 2hand with magic then he would have been completely useless after this update.

But please do answer the question i asked about pala 2hand vs. dk 2hand.

10+ 2h paladin sucking? NO, one of the worst things to fight back when i still played 2v2 was Paladin + Priest/Druid. Why cause Paladins extra heal even with 2h wep and fetters just made it half impossible to kill a priest before he was gone and in a jiff he was 100% HP again. While their dmg was lower then other teams the fact that fetters is aoe and dot it would make an epic kite duo with the paladin working "on the inside" while the magic user would kite and double heal. You really dont give your class enough credit.

I guess we crave diffrent things, you want it ALL. All stats maxed with a over-fat char that does everything atleast averagely good without any weakness. I want a game where you by tactic can build stats and have strengths in diffrent situations, therefore also have situations of weakness. Before this fat-era of WS started i played alot of my tactits on mp-usage and i won so many arenas due to tactical choices where my opponent wasted his energy and fell weak at the end. You dont ever see a tactical win like this happen in WS anymore.

I was saying that i feel like almost all of these new weapons was bad including rouges with axes, so this is not about elf-side specificly, i just felt like a full DPS and full support paladin was the most visible example of this making everyone again fatter and stronger then the game needs. Balance in my eyes is not making everyone fatter and stronger back and forth until all the chars are 1 man armies. Balance can also be about restriction. Im losing hope for this game, i really do. There was a time when the avrage player used blue items and were fine, now theirs no avrage, everyone uses some type of lv18+ unique or set item. A game without diversity falls very flat in my eyes and gets boring very fast...

Enjoy the era of OPness...

10+ 2h paladin sucking? NO, one of the worst things to fight back when i still played 2v2 was Paladin + Priest/Druid. Why cause Paladins extra heal even with 2h wep and fetters just made it half impossible to kill a priest before he was gone and in a jiff he was 100% HP again. While their dmg was lower then other teams the fact that fetters is aoe and dot it would make an epic kite duo with the paladin working "on the inside" while the magic user would kite and double heal. You really dont give your class enough credit.

I guess we crave diffrent things, you want it ALL. All stats maxed with a over-fat char that does everything atleast averagely good without any weakness. I want a game where you by tactic can build stats and have strengths in diffrent situations, therefore also have situations of weakness. Before this fat-era of WS started i played alot of my tactits on mp-usage and i won so many arenas due to tactical choices where my opponent wasted his energy and fell weak at the end. You dont ever see a tactical win like this happen in WS anymore.

I was saying that i feel like almost all of these new weapons was bad including rouges with axes, so this is not about elf-side specificly, i just felt like a full DPS and full support paladin was the most visible example of this making everyone again fatter and stronger then the game needs. Balance in my eyes is not making everyone fatter and stronger back and forth until all the chars are 1 man armies. Balance can also be about restriction. Im losing hope for this game, i really do. There was a time when the avrage player used blue items and were fine, now theirs no avrage, everyone uses some type of lv18+ unique or set item. A game without diversity falls very flat in my eyes and gets boring very fast...

Enjoy the era of OPness...

I know how you feel bro. Most dont like change, but many will discover new tactics and builds. And some will disciver that the new weapon access isnt really worth the change. But having more choices will create more fun and less ::boring play time::, much to explore now. Its great bro. Why should a DK not know how to use a one hand mace. As the story line says they are human, and the same with barb. It only makes sense that they can. More freedom and more adventure to explore and be even more unique and creative in our builds.

But back to pala. 2hand pala before the update was a joke in pvp cave against barb, dk and rouge. and heal did 180 max on a 2hand before the updata. astral dmg did maybe 65x3. But barb and dks dmg skill was double palas heal and astral. If I pvped a barb or a dk i prayed for a crit heal. Pala know this, thats why EVERY SERVER CALLED PALA A SUPPORT CLASS ONLY.  It was true, pala was no match for dk and barb. Ask any player from any server, they will say the same thing, "Pala was a support class". I hatd hearing it so i did something about it, but that was only possible with all high amp 1hand mace.

Tell me im wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

My viewpoint is like the first post. I don't pay a shit about if it's make he game more balanced, brings new tactics...

It's about the RP. Every class have their own specificities. Even if some class are similars on their role. I remember the deathknight, a tall warrior, with their mighty spears. Stealth rogue with their twin dagger, paladin and their heavy hammer, the BD fighting with two swords, and the barbarian with axe  ::)

Mage had 4 kind of magic. Dark magic, sun magic, moon magic, and astral magic.

We lose this aspect of the game for "balancing it"

Be honnest, is the game balanced now ? It's endless, we should have saved the RP aspect, while we still could. Now it's too late. We can't take back the weapons from players, who amped it. Dispite the fact that developers still adding great news, they spend most of the time to balance the game.

Honnestly, I think that the game has lost his charm, turning in a full strategic game.

The only preserved class is ranger...

ranger was ruined before chosen/forsaken even came out. an update nerfed scatter shots range from 5 meters to 2 meters, same as a bd's hamstring. meanwhile EVERY MAGIC CLASS has a 5 meter-ranged stun, literally making ranger pointless in any situational fight

My viewpoint is like the first post. I don't pay a shit about if it's make he game more balanced, brings new tactics...

It's about the RP. Every class have their own specificities. Even if some class are similars on their role. I remember the deathknight, a tall warrior, with their mighty spears. Stealth rogue with their twin dagger, paladin and their heavy hammer, the BD fighting with two swords, and the barbarian with axe  ::)

Mage had 4 kind of magic. Dark magic, sun magic, moon magic, and astral magic.

We lose this aspect of the game for "balancing it"

Be honnest, is the game balanced now ? It's endless, we should have saved the RP aspect, while we still could. Now it's too late. We can't take back the weapons from players, who amped it. Dispite the fact that developers still adding great news, they spend most of the time to balance the game.

Honnestly, I think that the game has lost his charm, turning in a full strategic game.

The only preserved class is ranger...

i know what u meant here, the uniqueness of every class is messed as they didnt give the expert skill to the owner of the basic version of them.  which really makes no sense, this class owns this basic skill, lets upgrade it and give to another class  :facepalm:

about the magic...the damage magic i believe was a good decision cause it was terrible before, but mix in astral damage there was a BAD IDEA.

also, making everyone equip every kind of weapon, that is HORRIBLE. really, SUCKS, wtf was up with them doing this?  :facepalm:

and this guy claimming rangers are ruined? LOL? hahaha?

sorry, but gotta laugh. and laugh some more. absurd, ridiculous killing machine ranger is ruined?

i saw many pro rogues +10's get beaten yesterday in pvp vs ranger, and most of the times, ranger didnt even lose half hp. a high amped dk tried too, +10 probably but as expect, easily raped.

now you imagine a team of rangers together...bang, mass destruction, and you say they are ruined LOL LMFAO... yea right.

and bds are so bad right? just spamming stun + disable,,, awe so bad  :cray:

idk  they give everyone every weapon, but on the lvl 20 weapons, there are a lot of missing weapons.

maybe they were just lazy to create them all and just went " ♥♥♥♥ it, lets make everyone use every weapon, them the 4 weapons we made for lvl 20 can cover it all."  :facepalm:

Why are you talking me about that ? Did you really understood what I said previously ?

Rangers always had their bow and xbow. Enjoy it as long as you're the only ones that can. (I wouldn't be surprised that rogue can use them too). Your skills still unique, unlike many skills that have been duplicated.

About your little complain ; I don't, and I'll never cry for you. If ranger class is nerfed once (have some doubt about it) ; I'll laught the hell out of me.

And about the BD, they should shut the ♥♥♥♥ up, since they have one of the best stun in game.

wow to think i took you seriously

nvm then

This thread was about palas not some this class is op n shit. Still on that note ima say that most mc side stuns are actually 4 yards not 5 while druids root is 5. Basically making them useless for x amount of time.

And i think spears are gay, palas can now have close to 600 dmg while healing over 1k heals. Im not going to go gaymode on my pala. Gonna do something that no one else has done. Probably.

This thread was about palas not some this class is op n shit. Still on that note ima say that most mc side stuns are actually 4 yards not 5 while druids root is 5. Basically making them useless for x amount of time.

And i think spears are gay, palas can now have close to 600 dmg while healing over 1k heals. Im not going to go gaymode on my pala. Gonna do something that no one else has done. Probably.

they are all 5 meter range to my knowledge

Read again they are 4. Only dc and charge  are 5 yards and threads isnt even a stun so. And dc is hard to space so that you dont get rooted first cuz bs positioning system.

Read again they are 4. Only dc and charge  are 5 yards and threads isnt even a stun so. And dc is hard to space so that you dont get rooted first cuz bs positioning system.

i never said anything about dks only magic users (as in staff)

Fear, Blind and Nightmares are all 4 yard skills.

Fear, Blind and Nightmares are all 4 yard skills.

well this is embarrassing, i stand corrected. either way i miss scatter shots range as it used to be :(

well this is embarrassing, i stand corrected. either way i miss scatter shots range as it used to be :(

Yes, scatter used to be boss until it took an arrow to the knee.

DKs 1h path needed a magic weapon, we all know this. Devs took a short-cut giving all melee chars all weapon classes. Good for for 1h DK, but im not sure how well they thought it through. If a 2h barb or DK use axe/warhammers or spadons doesnt reallt matters, they are all the same just 1 stat choice and maybe a fraction of atk speed.

However to meld 2h DPS path and the 1h tank/support path into one epic 2h DPS supporter - Im sure devs can admit they didnt think about this specific situation when they released all melee weapons to all melee classes.

THIS.

Aaannd they didn't. They half-assed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad now... Ive complained a lot about other melee classes and how dks were underpowered and in a thread i predicted this would happen. Guys... Spears to dks are now useless unless its crazily amped, now with all this magic def the the magic dmg on the spear wont do a thing and not to mention what a waste of money that expert skill is.. All us dks can rely on now is just physical stength cause we barely have anything left.  :facepalm:

Too bad now... Ive complained a lot about other melee classes and how dks were underpowered and in a thread i predicted this would happen. Guys... Spears to dks are now useless unless its crazily amped, now with all this magic def the the magic dmg on the spear wont do a thing and not to mention what a waste of money that expert skill is.. All us dks can rely on now is just physical stength cause we barely have anything left.  :facepalm:

All is not lost. Dk has a great 1h option now with maces (and i think maces are a better option than spear in every way). And expert skill is usefull against runners/kiters and you do a fair amount of damage with it. I usually use it 2x/pvp so its like 4 or 5 times 83 x2 for me(on average).The damage is nothing to sneeze at in 1v1 situations. And vs groups its aggro effect is very useful distracting enemies. Its not that great in pve but its useful sometimes.

All is not lost. Dk has a great 1h option now with maces (and i think maces are a better option than spear in every way). And expert skill is usefull against runners/kiters and you do a fair amount of damage with it. I usually use it 2x/pvp so its like 4 or 5 times 83 x2 for me(on average).The damage is nothing to sneeze at in 1v1 situations. And vs groups its aggro effect is very useful distracting enemies. Its not that great in pve but its useful sometimes.

your right about the 1h mace...but has people payed attention to 1h users :(. We are too underrated and we are seen as weak, i've learnt this when no-one invites me to do hard at berengers...i still have that quest to do too.  :( Thus the expert skill uses magic damage which i think they should change to physical cause im doing somewhat like 6 damage with that skill and i have 68 magic damage (i only use 1h sword btw).

• 1 month later...

I dont like spears. They are slow, but high damage (less defence bcs no shield). I like to use 1h hammer and shield because:

1. Better dps than in spear

2. Better stats

3. More physical defence

4. Magical damage (not all hammers!)

better stats yes, better dps no

however +10 1h "hammer" isnt childsplay

Maces do have better dps.

Both are +7 no great charms as you can see.

Опубликованное фотоОпубликованное фото

And that's the in game calculation. The difference in reality is even higher due to most skills resetting swing timer and spear being slow as shit. Oh and using block rings in pic so less matk, but yeah.

Maces do have better dps.

Both are +7 no great charms as you can see.

And that's the in game calculation. The difference in reality is even higher due to most skills resetting swing timer and spear being slow as shit. Oh and using block rings in pic so less matk, but yeah.

well for sure its always like that :P becuz the extra lvl dmg is divided by the weapons att speed thats why if less delay means more dmg even if both weapons have same damage output  ;D

lvl22 players 22dmg/3.4 less dmg than 22dmg/2.4 :P but still that burst of heal/dmg banner/new sun seal dmg based on magic also,fetter+purify dmg gona rock using a spear, rather than my love for the HAMMER still good vs bosses

you are technically right, and i honestly did not know that, lv17 and lv18 are never the same however

also i was implying damage meant burst damage, where spear reins supreme

also more magic = more DOT = more dps not calculated