So we can use spears and swords now. What do you think?

Gabraunth

Just wanna know what you guys think about using spears, its a new thing for pala, possibly even a long awaited improvement for pala. So, you know pros and cons, opinions and what not.

I think, they may prove to be useful, but not for every situation. Maybe good for pvp vs 2hand barb and Dk. Pvp with ranged classes and rouge might not be too wise, as I tried with a rouge and I managed to hit him about only 3x. If rouge does kick in the back you might as well sign off. Problem with spear is that the damn speed is really bad. Maybe only be suitable for Hunts.

Imagine ur opponent evading one attack, thats like 6.8 seconds you havent landed a hit.

So what do you think.... 

I think paladins will be better now. I cant wait to craft a spear for mine. Yes, the spear is slow. But it makes up for it by having higher damage. I think a strategic stat build will surely make up for this drawback. My dk works great with a spear, pala would be even better.

I think paladins will be better now. I cant wait to craft a spear for mine. Yes, the spear is slow. But it makes up for it by having higher damage. I think a strategic stat build will surely make up for this drawback. My dk works great with a spear, pala would be even better.

Yeah I think your right, I could see it working out pretty well if the build is right. The heal is off the charts though, I did 526 max heal and aura at only lvl1. So the heal might just be the thing that makes up for the slow attack. Like I figure Dk uses a spear and it works because dk has a really great def skill that reduces the hell out of dmg.

So what do you think about pvp with a warlock or shaman using a spear? Pala doesnt have any skill that places him instantly near an opponent like threads or charge.

Just speculating btw.

I dont know about now, I havent done pvp with my pala since way before the magic def amping update.

About a year or longer ago, I had my pala at lv14 with very low amp and a few old enchants. I was making shaman/warlock steak with 1h mace and shield. I know lv14 isnt like lv20, but with the recent changes in the game, I think paladins are getting slowly better. Hopefully the next expert skill will do some "justice".

i think this update is the most important update for paladins since they can use spears now.i dont think that one handed swords are good, i mean i would use axe rather than a sword.

the max dmg of the pala will increase and the max heal too, in addition to the DoT effect of FOJ..u can solve the issue of low speed by having a full speed set(full speed enchant, items with speed:amulet, cloak). if u have speed set then the difference between hammer and spear will be only 5.2% speed and 0.2 seconds hit rate it is replaced buy 117 magic power.. i think it's worth. :spiteful:

spears are useful in dungeon, hunt, and fighting casters and 2handed barbs and dks as gab said. imo, u can use spear in fighting rangers and rogues in one case: enemey has low attack otherwise using shield and mace is much better. :facepalm:

For people who say: now 1h maces are useless, i say that maces were, still, will stay the best wpn for pala. even though spear has higher heal but keep in mind that u can use shield with mace and shield gives extra def, hp and enables u to block hits. so with mace+shield you will surely have more survival rate. :yahoo:

spears :bomb: op heals

calculation done by me n some outside help:

2 x lvl15bg rings (18reg+14magic) + lvl18 ammy (18 magic+21reg(charmed)) + lvl17 cape (16magic+20reg(charmed)+ lvl18 doom spear (117magic+40magic(enchant))=219magic+127reg

1 aura / 5 heal: 476heal/13sec + 63.5reg/5sec .... 666heal/reg in 15sec

5 aura / 5 heal: 588heal/13sec + 63.5reg/5sec .... 778heal/reg in 15sec

5 purify / 5 fetter: DoT dmg 110~magic dmg x 3 tiks (was tested on puma adds below riff im sure they got like 10%+ magic def)

1 purify / 5 fetter: gives less DoT by 25-30% than a 5 purify

last but not least purfiy lvl5 dmg with a +10 spear gives more dmg than a +10 hammer, vs staff users they stand no chance against a pro healer spear user paladin

as my friend gladiator said only difference between hammer and spear is the 0.2sec delay and 5.4% att speed which im gladly to replace it but these op heals n extra dmg from DoT, especially when i use a 29.1 critic 15% att speed set, acc wont matter on a staffer, but the critic heals/high dmg will destroy him

spears :bomb: op heals

calculation done by me n swaaz because hes the best

2 x lvl15bg rings (18reg+14magic) + lvl18 ammy (18 magic+21reg(charmed)) + lvl17 cape (16magic+20reg(charmed)+ lvl18 doom spear (117magic+40magic(enchant))=219magic+127reg

1 aura / 5 heal: 476heal/13sec + 63.5reg/5sec .... 666heal/reg in 15sec

5 aura / 5 heal: 588heal/13sec + 63.5reg/5sec .... 778heal/reg in 15sec

5 purify / 5 fetter: DoT dmg 110~magic dmg x 3 tiks (was tested on puma adds below riff im sure they got like 10%+ magic def)

1 purify / 5 fetter: gives less DoT by 25-30% than a 5 purify

last but not least purfiy lvl5 dmg with a +10 spear gives more dmg than a +10 hammer, vs staff users they stand no chance against a pro healer spear user paladin

as my friend gladiator said only difference between hammer and spear is the 0.2sec delay and 5.4% att speed which im gladly to replace it but these op heals n extra dmg from DoT, especially when i use a 29.1 critic 15% att speed set, acc wont matter on a staffer, but the critic heals/high dmg will destroy him

fixed

for me its kinda useful but not that much , if u use spear u should have speed set so that means u ll lose m dmg in cloak and amulet , so if u use heal set u get 35 m dmg but slow speed , if u use speed set u get good speed but lose 35 m dmg = 117-35=82 ,so still better heals and more dot than 1h mace , idk imo its not that pro in any situation, BUT still i ll rather use spear than hammer or axe , 1200! heals seems like hell for enemies  ;D

+10 spear is amazing. Unlike any weapon I have seen for pala. Max dmg with dmg crystal enchant bonus is 605. And still with 480 heal. Really OP. With that much power combined with heal and 4700 def/18%res (arena gears) you wont even notice a .2 of a second delay. You guys are all right. This is the business. 1hand and shield, cant even come close to what i just witnessed. Yes I ampt it to +10. But damn Mecha you are right, shes a demon dude.

I give it one week from today and ur gonna see hassn playing pala lmao. :crazy:

i agree spears are better, just hoping they will bring in the arena spear though. i would feel a bit naked without the 5% resilience :)

i am using Spears on my Pala since the update.

I am a +6 Pala and my weapon is only +4 and i hit 415!!!

Its instane how much I hit with so little amp.

What exactly is the "speed set"??

I searched but the phrase came up, not what it was.

Could someone enlighten me please

post-8672-14177041391031_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Gab's pala with his lethal spear and yes it is like an armored priest  ;D

Darn... I hope I got lucky amping my spear in the future