Death Knight - 10.2 Review (Before Test Server)

Khrone

Here i'll give my opinion about the changes made on the Death Knight on this update.

icon_class_02.png Death Knight

icon_skill_saturation.png Saturation 

• Spoiler
    • Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by  7 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 units. 
    • The skill no longer costs health to activate.
    • Added a visual effect for the skill.

In my opinion, it is the best change on this update.

Maybe not everyone is gonna actively use it, but everyone is gonna buy it. I mean, it is + 25% Vampirism "for free", it could help even if you're a tank.

Like i said before, not everyone is gonna actively use it. Why?

Tank DKs probably won't use it for a very simple reason: There's no damage. Of course you would have a bit of damage from Death Call, auto-attacks, etc, but not a huge amount of damage.

And using the same logic, maybe this skill would be too useful for damage dealers DKs. I can see a lot of players using Saturation and Knight's Curse, both at 4/4. 

It's gonna hurt for our enemies.

But i still think we need to test to see if it deserves a nerf or not. 

Again, in my opinion, if enemies weren't able to dodge/block/parry Sharp Shadow, then i agree with a nerf on Saturation.

icon_skill_steel_hurricane.png Steel Hurricane 

• Spoiler

Increased the magical damage of the skull: 75 \ 90 \ 115 \ 145 % of magical power, to  90 \ 115 \ 145 \ 190 % of magical power.

Spoiler

skull lol

I don't really know what to say. This skill still seems bad to me.

The only advantage i can see against Knight's Curse is the lower cooldown, the hit chance and how easy it is to use the "skull".

Well, we still got our buff on two-handed mixed damage weapons so... meh.

images.jpeg.6ceec75fd9ce1e656afbc5e656c202a1.jpeg

icon_skill_secret_reserves.png Secret Reserves 

• Spoiler
    • The skill now reduces the received damage from monsters by 5 \ 10 \ 15 \ 20 %, while it is on cooldown.
    • The healing now starts immediately upon using the skill. 

I never used it before since i'm a full magic DK, but 20% damage reduction sounds really good

icon_exp_sk_v9_1.png Knight's Curse 

• Spoiler

Reduced the damage of the skill: from 120 \ 160 \ 180 \ 220 % of magical power to 110 \ 130 \ 155 \ 180 % of magical power.

I gotta agree that it needed a nerf (220% damage on each hit), BUT, it still have a lot of problems.

If the enemy resists it: Congratulations, you lost your chance!

If you use the skill on a enemy that already has the Kiss of Death debuff: Congratulations, you lost your chance!

Like i said before multiple times, the debuff and the damage zone should be independent from each other.

It is a really good skill with a huge risk of using.

After reducing the risk of using it, we see if it still needs a nerf.

31 minutes ago, Khrone said:

icon_class_02.png Death Knight

icon_skill_saturation.png Saturation 

In my opinion, it is the best change on this update.

Maybe not everyone is gonna actively use it, but everyone is gonna buy it. I mean, it is + 25% Vampirism "for free", it could help even if you're a tank.

:vp-looking: Agree too  :vp-looking:

icon_skill_steel_hurricane.png Steel Hurricane 

I don't really know what to say. This skill still seems bad to me.

The only advantage i can see against Knight's Curse is the lower cooldown, the hit chance and how easy it is to use the "skull".

Well, we still got our buff on two-handed mixed damage weapons so... meh.

Imagine use Aura + Treads + Curse (Kiss of death Debuff Without fail) and BOOM Explode with magic dmg. Many of enemies haves low magic defense.

icon_skill_secret_reserves.png Secret Reserves 

•   Hide contents
    • The skill now reduces the received damage from monsters by 5 \ 10 \ 15 \ 20 %, while it is on cooldown.
    • The healing now starts immediately upon using the skill. 

I never used it before since i'm a full magic DK, but 20% damage reduction sounds really good

20% only for PvE :laughingowl:

icon_exp_sk_v9_1.png Knight's Curse 

I gotta agree that it needed a nerf (220% damage on each hit), BUT, it still have a lot of problems.

If the enemy resists it: Congratulations, you lost your chance!

If you use the skill on a enemy that already has the Kiss of Death debuff: Congratulations, you lost your chance!

Like i said before multiple times, the debuff and the damage zone should be independent from each other.

It is a really good skill with a huge risk of using.

Yes, still working bad . Why this skill cannot be like Paladin's Banner? ):

45 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

Imagine use Aura + Treads + Curse (Kiss of death Debuff Without fail) and BOOM Explode with magic dmg. Many of enemies haves low magic defense.

I'd rather use Sharp Shadow

45 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

20% only for PvE :laughingowl:

Better than nothing lol

46 minutes ago, Kyrai said:

Yes, still working bad . Why this skill cannot be like Paladin's Banner? ):

Banner debuff works in like 6 enemies while Curse works in 1 (and both have the same effect), but Curse deals A LOT more damage

However, if the enemy resists the Banner debuff, it still gets damaged.

19 hours ago, Khrone said:

Tank DKs probably won't use it for a very simple reason: There's no damage.

i have to disagree with this little point, while what you said is true, if you have enough life steal even if you dont have much damage you will still see favorable results. with the new change dk can get +50% life steal without even trying! the skill is great in any situation and is the best thing to ever happen to dk!

12 hours ago, Ogull said:

i have to disagree with this little point, while what you said is true, if you have enough life steal even if you dont have much damage you will still see favorable results. with the new change dk can get +50% life steal without even trying! the skill is great in any situation and is the best thing to ever happen to dk!

A unpopular opinion: I prefer the old curse than this saturation buff.

Edited by Legix

I agree in parts. Regarding Steel Hurricane in PvE, I think it's much more viable than the curse. In addition to dealing instantaneous area damage, it triggers Rage and Stun. Of course the Knight's Curse does a lot more damage, but the Hurricane is much more reliable. Plus the fact that it's useful in tank physics and DMG magic. In terms of saturation I think it was one of the best defensive changes. The interaction with Shadow Sharp is extremely strong, I advise you to try it out. Myself with all relics and books active I am hitting 85% vampirism, +50% damage dealt (350% shadow) hardly dying in 1v1 conflicts. The only downside is that the skill's animation is actually extremely poorly done. Regarding secret reserves, I still think it's a useless skill. It would only be viable if this 20% reduction were also PvP.

Edited by Filipe Ramon