Warlock Rebalance: The changes that we need but don't deserve!

TheCaster

Hello everyone,

There have been numerous number of thoughts and opinion posts about all the class reworks around the entire forum. I noticed that there wasn't one about locks in the international forum so I have taken it upon myself to do an in-depth analysis and provide some suggestions that could benefit the class overall. Let's get started.

"Developer commentary: The Warlock had problems with energy, which in a number of game situations did not allow it to fully realize the capabilities of the class. Reducing the energy cost of some abilities, as well as increasing defensive potential and survivability, compensate for the weakening of key control skills."

Warlocks are controllers with very high survivability and one of the most easiest classes to play so it was really important to introduce some of these changes.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:58 PM, Holmes said:

icon_skill_dark_coil.png Dark Circle 

• Increased the cooldown duration: from 14 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • Removed the empty tile in the centre of the skill’s effect area.
  • Changed the effect icon of the skill.

Warlock commentary: The defining skill of the warlock that displayed too much efficiency especially in mass battles. Since the resist parameter doesn't exist in game, it was important to increase the cooldown. Adding onto the fact that, the other side does not have many aoe stun skills, the developers did really well in nerfing this skill.

Suggested change: I personally feel that the cooldown of 20s is too low as this would still let the warlock use the skill every 15s or so. The cooldown of this skill should be increased to 40s since it's a really powerful skill that stuns so many as compared to Templar's reverse flow, paladin fetters and other sentinel AOE stun classes. This would greatly benefit the balance on both factions.

icon_exp_sk_v9_10.png Zone of Weakness

• Reduced the duration of the skill: from 6 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 seconds to 4 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10 seconds.
  • Reduced the value of the magic defense reduction: from 20 \ 40 \ 60 \ 80 %, to 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 %

Warlock commentary: As we're all aware, one of the most powerful skills of the warlock that silenced many enemies at a time while reducing their magic def, this skill was just asking for a nerf. Since one nerf of this skill wasn't good enough, it's only right it takes a hit another time. Again, locks don't have to worry because since we're losing key skills the developers have made sure there's a subsequent increase in other skills of the lock,

Suggested change: Increase the duration of the skill back to 12s. But it shouldn't be used very often by locks, since warlocks never get stunned in GvGs so increase the cooldown from 30s to 50s. Reduce magic defense reduction from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 > 2 / 3 / 4 / 5. It's only fair as zero's at the wrong place could have drastic effects. It's also important to push all enemies in the zone out of it every 2s so they don't get silenced often.

icon_skill_life_drain.png Draining Life

• Increased damage of the skill by ~10% on all skill levels.
  • Increased healing of the skill: from 35 \ 45  \ 55 \ 65 \ 75 % of damage to 45 \ 55 \ 65 \ 75 \ 85 % of damage. 

Warlock commentary: The best healing skill in game upto date. To be fair increasing the numbers on this skill by 10% on both sides is a bit too much in my opinion as this skill works brilliantly alone without any combinations of other skills. It's been known to heal warlocks from low hp to full hp instantly especially in arena battles and GvGs with just 1 click of a button. I have seen bladedancers attacking locks for over 10 mins but not able to outdmg this awesome heal skill.

Suggested change: Decrease the range of the skill from 4 yards to 1 yard since healing so much in arena from so far is not ideal. Make a 3 skill combination of weakness zone, grimoire and exhaust. Now, the enemy must have both (zone + grimoire) debuff at the same time to activate the extra healing effect of this skill.

icon_talent_78.png Full of Life

• Increased the effect’s duration: from 5,5 seconds, to 6,5 seconds.
  • Increased the duration of the effect, if the target was under the effect of the "Grimoire" skill: from 11 seconds, to 13 seconds.

Warlock commentary: The best talent on the warlock skill tree that's worth every grind in knowledge. I mean who doesn't want 2.5% damage reduction that stacks to 5 buffs almost instantly without depending on grimoire? It's good that there is a max number of stacks otherwise all locks would have accumulated this talent within seconds of its use making them extremely tanky with 12.5% damage reduction. It's almost a passive skill.

Suggested change: Similar to exhaust change, this talent should not activate without a 3 skill combination.

icon_skill_shadow_pool.png Pool of Darkness

• Increased the damage of the skill from magical power: from 104 \ 106 \ 108 \ 110 \ 112 %, to 110 \ 115 \ 120 \ 125 \ 130 %.
  • Fixed the error due to which the stun was applied to any slowed opponent, not just the target under the effect of the Fading skill

Warlock commentary: One of the key skills of warlock that everyone invests skill points in due to it's massive AOE damage. But still since warlock lost a little bit of their key controls, it's only fair they get compensated by 18% in this department. In PVE, this change might increase the pool damage from 240 per tick to 2400 per tick as we all know zero's work differently for locks. Not to mention in the PVP department, the skill might change from 50 to 5000 damage per tick with this increase creating a massive imbalance.

Suggested changes: This skill should not just be resisted, when more than 2 enemies are in the affected area, Harad himself descends to erase this skill and increase it's base cooldown by 12 minutes.

icon_skill_fear.png Fear

• Fixed the error due to which the effect of the skill was not interrupted by dealing damage.
  • Now the chance to interrupt the skill’s effect by dealing damage will be 35 \ 30 \ 25 \ 20 \ 15 %

Warlock commentary: Some conspiracy theorists say that the enemy is feared so bad that they reach Mars.

Suggested changes: Everytime a warlock clicks this skill, it should drain 50k mcoins. Since it always gets interrupted now, the developers should at least make some money from the nincompoops who even try to use the skill. If the player doesn't have 50k coins, the interruption chance should be increased to 100% directly.

icon_skill_0138.png Stone Body

• Increased the amount of restored health: from 2 \ 3 \ 4 \ 5 % every 2 seconds, to 4 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10 % every 2 seconds..
  • Fixed the bug that allowed the Warlock to leave the combat state during the effect of the skill.

Warlock commentary: Best life saving skill. Period. There have been rumors that staring at a lock in stone body reduces the reaction time and IQ of the enemy player behind the character to perform repetitive tasks. One of the few skills that carry over it's effect to beyond the screen.

Suggested changes: Pulls all enemies in a 5x5 radius around the warlock towards it. This effect cannot be resisted.. Alternatively, reduce the heal from 4/6/8/10 every 2s > 1/2/3/4 every 2s but increase duration of the skill to 2/ 3/ 4/ 5 MINUTES. This helps the player grab a glass of water or make a cup of coffee as we all know sometimes we need a break from the game and hey, why not right after stone body?
Also suggest renaming this skill to "Coffee break".

icon_skill_lock_curse.png Dark Seal  

• Increased the value of the damage reduction from the combo when the target was under the silence effect from the “Hex” skill: from 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25 %,  to 20 \ 25 \ 30 \ 40 %

Warlock commentary:  Another relatively easy and practical skill combination of locks. One of the most popular skills that's been rightfully buffed. There have been cases were a lock has applied hex and the enemy has waited patiently for 8s as a sign of respect so locks could apply this skill and achieve high damage reduction.

Suggested changes: This skill shouldn't work at all if power of relaxation is not on. Enough said.

icon_skill_stasis.png Power of Relaxation 

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by 16 \ 18 \ 20 \ 22 units — total energy cost was reduced.

icon_skill_shadow_sphere.png Shadow Sphere 

• Reduced the energy cost on the 4 skill level: from 20 units to 18 units

icon_skill_curse.png Hex

• Reduced the energy cost: from 24 \ 25 \ 26 \ 27 units, to 22 \ 23 \ 24 \ 25 units.

Warlock commentary: This 1 and 2 unit reductions in mana regen cost might help locks to switch out all regen crystal on accessories with pene ones. Might want to reconsider the numbers.

Suggested changes: Since warlock playstyle is too simple, I propose to mix things up a bit. If any of these skills are used consecutively, then the warlock instantly loses 50% of his mana. This will encourage the use of complex analytical and statistical models by lock players thereby contributing to the field of science and mathematics which is something no other class can boast about.

VISUAL CHANGES: The :troll: emoji is sometimes not readily available for free to play players. So I have a suggestion that might make it more accessible to everyone. Every time an enemy resists a warlock skill, the :troll: emoji should pop up.

Spoiler

152894106_trollemoji.png.bc83edc084767093c857867ac5ae93ba.png

With this we come to the end of your comments and suggestions. I'd like to thank everyone who patiently reached all the way here. This post would not have been possible without our developers so a big thank you to them. 
@Holmes I know you're flooded by tons of messages messages about the rebalance but if you could use google translate to include these suggestions too, the entire warlock community would be ever so greatful.

@Nolan If this post doesn't reach the devs or other admins, please help us warlocks by making sure it reaches the concerned individuals.

Last but not the least, I'd like to tag some people who I think would enjoy reading this. @Unkindled @Higgings @Jcbreff @Afatoldman @Lwn @Buuuu @LeeLoo @Revolt @Horimiya @Khrone

P.S: I hope the russian members can understand through translator.

Edited by TheCaster

20 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Suggested changes: This skill should not just be resisted, when more than 2 enemies are in the affected area, Harad himself descends to erase this skill and increase it's base cooldown by 12 minutes.

It was after this that i realized the whole thing was a joke

8 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Hello everyone,

There have been numerous number of thoughts and opinion posts about all the class reworks around the entire forum. I noticed that there wasn't one about locks in the international forum so I have taken it upon myself to do an in-depth analysis and provide some suggestions that could benefit the class overall. Let's get started.

"Developer commentary: The Warlock had problems with energy, which in a number of game situations did not allow it to fully realize the capabilities of the class. Reducing the energy cost of some abilities, as well as increasing defensive potential and survivability, compensate for the weakening of key control skills."

Warlocks are controllers with very high survivability and one of the most easiest classes to play so it was really important to introduce some of these changes.

Warlock commentary: The defining skill of the warlock that displayed too much efficiency especially in mass battles. Since the resist parameter doesn't exist in game, it was important to increase the cooldown. Adding onto the fact that, the other side does not have many aoe stun skills, the developers did really well in nerfing this skill.

Suggested change: I personally feel that the cooldown of 20s is too low as this would still let the warlock use the skill every 15s or so. The cooldown of this skill should be increased to 40s since it's a really powerful skill that stuns so many as compared to Templar's reverse flow, paladin fetters and other sentinel AOE stun classes. This would greatly benefit the balance on both factions.

Warlock commentary: As we're all aware, one of the most powerful skills of the warlock that silenced many enemies at a time while reducing their magic def, this skill was just asking for a nerf. Since one nerf of this skill wasn't good enough, it's only right it takes a hit another time. Again, locks don't have to worry because since we're losing key skills the developers have made sure there's a subsequent increase in other skills of the lock,

Suggested change: Increase the duration of the skill back to 12s. But it shouldn't be used very often by locks, since warlocks never get stunned in GvGs so increase the cooldown from 30s to 50s. Reduce magic defense reduction from 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 > 2 / 3 / 4 / 5. It's only fair as zero's at the wrong place could have drastic effects. It's also important to push all enemies in the zone out of it every 2s so they don't get silenced often.

Warlock commentary: The best healing skill in game upto date. To be fair increasing the numbers on this skill by 10% on both sides is a bit too much in my opinion as this skill works brilliantly alone without any combinations of other skills. It's been known to heal warlocks from low hp to full hp instantly especially in arena battles and GvGs with just 1 click of a button. I have seen bladedancers attacking locks for over 10 mins but not able to outdmg this awesome heal skill.

Suggested change: Decrease the range of the skill from 4 yards to 1 yard since healing so much in arena from so far is not ideal. Make a 3 skill combination of weakness zone, grimoire and exhaust. Now, the enemy must have both (zone + grimoire) debuff at the same time to activate the extra healing effect of this skill.

Warlock commentary: The best talent on the warlock skill tree that's worth every grind in knowledge. I mean who doesn't want 2.5% damage reduction that stacks to 5 buffs almost instantly without depending on grimoire? It's good that there is a max number of stacks otherwise all locks would have accumulated this talent within seconds of its use making them extremely tanky with 12.5% damage reduction. It's almost a passive skill.

Suggested change: Similar to exhaust change, this talent should not activate without a 3 skill combination.

Warlock commentary: One of the key skills of warlock that everyone invests skill points in due to it's massive AOE damage. But still since warlock lost a little bit of their key controls, it's only fair they get compensated by 18% in this department. In PVE, this change might increase the pool damage to 240 per tick to 2400 per tick as we all know zero's work differently for locks. Not to mention in the PVP department, the skill might change from 50 to 5000 damage per tick with this increase creating a massive imbalance.

Warlock commentary: Decent skill. No comments.
Suggested changes: No comments.

Warlock commentary: Best life saving skill. Period. There have been rumors that staring at a lock in stone body reduces the reaction time and IQ of the enemy player behind the character to perform repetitive tasks. One of the few skills that carry over it's effect to beyond the screen.

Suggested changes: Pulls all enemies in a 5x5 radius around the warlock towards it. This effect cannot be resisted.. Alternatively, reduce the heal from 4/6/8/10 every 2s > 1/2/3/4 every 2s but increase duration of the skill to 2/ 3/ 4/ 5 MINUTES. This helps the player grab a glass of water or make a cup of coffee as we all know sometimes we need a break from the game and hey, why not right after stone body?

Warlock commentary:  Another relatively easy and practical skill combination of locks. One of the most popular skills that's been rightfully buffed. There have been cases were a lock has applied hex and the enemy has waited patiently for 8s as a sign of respect so locks could apply this skill and achieve high damage reduction.

Suggested changes: This skill shouldn't work at all if power of relaxation is not on. Enough said.

Warlock commentary: This 1 and 2 unit reductions in mana regen cost might help locks to switch out all regen crystal on accessories with pene ones. Might want to reconsider the numbers.

Suggested changes: Since warlock playstyle is too simple, I propose to mix things up a bit. If any of these skills are used consecutively, then the warlock instantly loses 50% of his mana. This will encourage the use of complex analytical and statistical models by lock players thereby contributing to the field of science and mathematics which is something no other class can boast about.

VISUAL CHANGES: The :troll: emoji is sometimes not readily available for free to play players. So I have a suggestion that might make it more accessible to everyone. Every time an enemy resists a warlock skill, the :troll: emoji should pop up.

Reveal hidden contents

With this we come to the end of your comments and suggestions. I'd like to thank everyone who patiently reached all the way here. This post would not have been possible without our developers so a big thank you to them. 
@Holmes I know you're flooded by tons of messages messages about the rebalance but if you could use google translate to include these suggestions too, the entire warlock community would be ever so greatful.

@Nolan If this post doesn't reach the devs or other admins, please help us warlocks by making sure it reaches the concerned individuals.

Last but not the least, I'd like to tag some people who I think would enjoy reading this. @Unkindled @Higgings @Jcbreff @Afatoldman @Lwn @Buuuu @LeeLoo @Revolt @Horimiya @Khrone

I see alot of complains only from the warlock users about the skill Re-balance post.

Base skill with 20secounds cd is horrible and most of the class have different skill but they all used for the same purpose(Crowd control skill) with 10-12 seconds in cd.

Hope devs do a fair Re-work in this class and lock users aren't asking to buff their skills , just need a satisfication by playing this class and investing the points in the right skills.

Just now, Lwn said:

I see alot of complains only from the warlock users about the skill Re-balance post.

Base skill with 20secounds cd is horrible and most of the class have different skill but they all used for the same purpose(Crowd control skill) with 10-12 seconds in cd.

Hope devs do a fair Re-work in this class and lock users aren't asking to buff their skills , just need a satisfication by playing this class and investing the points in the right skills.

Bro, it is just a joke

I mean, look at this:

23 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

It's funny how the more you read the post, the more absurd it becomes

11 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It's funny how the more you read the post, the more absurd it becomes

I hope between all these rebalance tensions, this puts a smile on some faces at least if not a big laugh.:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I'd like to thank everyone who patiently reached all the way here.

100k gold each for our time, thanks.

46 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

There have been cases were a lock has applied hex and the enemy has waited patiently for 8s as a sign of respect so locks could apply this skill and achieve high damage reduction.

Yes, because we are all gentlemen, we respect each other and fight. :christmashello:

Hehe... Google Translate - the worst thing which I saw.....

My English Language isn't good... but I can understand this text:) 

When I read this, I wanted to cry.... 

Really, this text was written by troll....

Spare Warlock, please....

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

I do like reading all kinds of topics but since i dont play warlock i dont have an opinion about its skills

Lock stun circle stuns only 8 people . whereas a Templar orb can push around 27 people or more the sKill that needs nerf is the orb not the stun circle .

Also chiefs they nerfed in 1 year people talk bout BDS from over years yet they dnt nerf it coz it's the most played char in elf side n gives them a gud business. They dnt listen to players they just do wats gud for business

14 minutes ago, vegeta said:

Templar orb can push around 27 people

Where do you get these numbers? It has a player limit just like any other aoe skill.. 6 people at 5/5

3 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Where do you get these numbers? It has a player limit just like any other aoe skill.. 6 people at 5/5

U sure ? In a war if u place a orb in middle n people from left side walk to middle they get pushed same counts from ride side same counts from down it will keep pushing 8 people each time . U can test it at hall if discord. Lock circle effect just 8 people n it will not effect any more people . But orb templer is abit different it will push people over n over again until it is off . Say it's 8 people per time push but till the orb goes off it will keep pushing . Lock circle dnt work like that. 

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

Hello everyone,

Warlock commentary: One of the key skills of warlock that everyone invests skill points in due to it's massive AOE damage. But still since warlock lost a little bit of their key controls, it's only fair they get compensated by 18% in this department. In PVE, this change might increase the pool damage from 240 per tick to 2400 per tick as we all know zero's work differently for locks. Not to mention in the PVP department, the skill might change from 50 to 5000 damage per tick with this increase creating a massive imbalance.

Warlock commentary: Decent skill. No comments.
Suggested changes: No comments.

Hide contents

I 100% support these suggested changes. This should really give the sentinel side especially, a very very small but needed chance to actually beat the famed and glorious warlocks.

Warlocks have been ruling the game for far too long. EVERYONE knows that. A few days ago i saw a single warlock completely and utterly annihilate a dozen or so elves all by himself. That is so unacceptable, and something needs to be done about it immediately!

I would also like to add a new suggestion to this post. I think a new class passive skill for warlocks needs to be implemented.

Something along the lines of: "Every successful cc, results in a -95% cooldown-rate for 8seconds"

It should be added to warlocks exclusively, similarly to the +3 mana reg race talent.

Just to completely make sure warlocks don't do the forbidden again.

2 hours ago, TheCaster said:

how i am supposed to nap with 5 minutes?

Just now, TheCaster said:

You can make pasta in 5 minutes. No worries, stone will still be there when you get back :snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: 

how i am supposed to make it and eat it in 5 minutes?

Just now, lore said:

how i am supposed to make it and eat it in 5 minutes?

Um, you'll be dead anyway since there's a BD standing over you so take your time. Make some good white sauce. Send me some too.:kawaii:

8 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Um, you'll be dead anyway since there's a BD standing over you so take your time. Make some good white sauce. Send me some too.:kawaii:

Hmm i would rather buy a ticket and track that bd and punch him in the face during those 5 minutes and after that u can easily win him. So i think that time should stay at 30 sec

I understand what u want to say but 5 min is really much it could easily become best skill in the game

Edited by Santa Claus

On 12/17/2021 at 7:40 PM, Unkindled said:

I 100% support these suggested changes. This should really give the sentinel side especially, a very very small but needed chance to actually beat the famed and glorious warlocks.

Warlocks have been ruling the game for far too long. EVERYONE knows that. A few days ago i saw a single warlock completely and utterly annihilate a dozen or so elves all by himself. That is so unacceptable, and something needs to be done about it immediately!

I would also like to add a new suggestion to this post. I think a new class passive skill for warlocks needs to be implemented.

Something along the lines of: "Every successful cc, results in a -95% cooldown-rate for 8seconds"

It should be added to warlocks exclusively, similarly to the +3 mana reg race talent.

Just to completely make sure warlocks don't do the forbidden 

Dis guy. "Don't do the forbidden"

Literally poor your emotions into this troll post.:teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

5 hours ago, Kyrai said:

OMG, all this post is a joke??? PvE player +0?

My mind cant read this anymore

I'm trying to save an endangered species through laughter.:ph34r:

- +9 | 10 Pvp Greatness Lock. I'd like to think I play warlock pretty decently and understand the class well. xD

2 hours ago, Speedom said:
On 12/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, Unkindled said:

Literally poor your emotions into this troll post.:teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I think he's actually worried that they might make these changes lol.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:34 PM, Horimiya said:

Really, this text was written by troll....

Spare Warlock, please....

See? He's just making sure the admins and everyone know.

19 hours ago, Speedom said:

What i meant is for the devs to make sure warlocks don't do the forbidden, and have any kind of useful power or advantage over someone else. To make sure warlocks will always be disadvantaged😂

Not sure where you see me pour any emotion into anything, im aware it's a troll post, and im really just trolling aswell. So i don't need you to clarify that🙄

Edited by Unkindled

The developers will take this topic seriously and will introduce these suggestions into the game.:haha:

Now I understand where they get their ideas for rebalances from.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:41 AM, TheCaster said:

+9 | 10 Pvp Greatness Lock. I'd like to think I play warlock pretty decently and understand the class well. xD

I wanted to make fun of you but then, devs already did  that with the lock changes so no point anymore