Personal opinion about new Balance Update 10.2 for Rogue Class [EDITED]

Kyrai

After accommodating the dodge time, let's say that the class has not yet died and can continue to be useful for few things. But dying of being an unusable class, I don't think so, there is still a bit of hope, but for the class to be stable you have to make changes to the armor.

icon_class_05.png Rogue

Developer commentary: If you thought the Rogue was bound to receive strong nerfs in this update, then you were wrong. The Rogue, like any other class, has vulnerabilities that one can exploit and prevent them from realizing their full potential. It's important to mention that the Rogue's effectiveness only applies to one target and only against certain classes. We can say that the character adequately fulfills the role assigned to him in PvP battles.

My opinion:

The rogue is big nerfed, in dodge build, Is disastrous for the penetration and damage of the class, a change with the relics is also mandatory. And it would be a class of CD and energy regeneration by skill spamming.

icon_bonus_24.png Dodging 

• Increased the cooldown duration: from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Reduced the duration of the skill: from 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 \ 60 seconds, to 15seconds. 
  • Increased the “Dodge” gain parameter: from 5 \ 7 \ 9 \ 11 \ 13 % to 11 \ 14 \ 18 \ 22 \ 26 %.

Good Dodge for 15 seconds and cd for 30 seconds.

Ok that might be fine if they add 100% resist, the class is still vulnerable to permanent stuns to control.

Because with 15 seconds they force us to arm DC and energy regeneration, I mean a class of low damage with attack parameters of a healer, and we would have to be forced to use the [Great Relic of Continuous Effect] necessarily, and lose the [Relic of Curse Removal]. So with the empowering relics the class is nerfed too.

icon_skill_gouge.png Gouge

• Now the skill additionally applies the “Paralysis” effect on all targets within 1 yard of the character. If all enemies in combat with the character are paralyzed, the character can use the "Stealth" skill.
  • Reduced the skill effect duration: from 3 \ 4 \ 5 \ 6 \ 7 seconds to  3 \ 3,5 \ 4 \ 4,5 \ 5 seconds.

Ok this is... Idk is the same like Blade dancer?, if is the same is fine. But Rogue cant reduce Damage or speed damage like them. 1 yard why not 2 yards?

Ok is the same skill but only with aoe and low time stunning this only serves for run from the battle. Because make group for arenas or gvgs the skill still with poor removible stun. But in other chase this skill is nice only for expert rogues.

icon_skill_steel_flurry.png Flurry of Steel

• Increased the cooldown duration: from 14 seconds to 18 seconds.

Another CD nerf? why?, this skill and trickest fails excesive times 4/4, and "permanent stun" is Fake, both skills can be defended by parry, block and dodge, including resist...

icon_exp_sk_v9_11.png Trickiest Technique

• The combo restoring health if the target is under the effect of “Poisonous Blades”, now works with any poison.

Good Finally! I can use Hunter's Poison for heal and Relic of Poison, is good for abuse it 🤔, This was not what I had in mind, but now if this need nerf, the idea was that it works with the poison of the player not of others, also about the Relic is a good reason to be able to use it.

icon_skill_absolute_reflex.png Absolute Reflexes

• Now the skill’s effect cannot trigger again during the duration of the skill, as well as 2 seconds after the duration expires.
  • Reduced the skill’s duration: from 5 \ 7 \ 10 \ 14 seconds to 3 \ 4 \ 5 \ 7 seconds.
  • Reduced the “Dodge” parameter bonus on 3-4 levels of development: from 18 \ 22 %, to 16 \ 19 %.

I dont care, Rogues PvP not need this, is better waste skill points in stuns than this, the skill only works for pve, and with Knowledge talents build is 2/4, so nevermind.

add: Ok I read again the skill is full nerfed no works, I prefer thousand of times delete this skill including Ricochet, the dodge bonus is moved to dodging active/temporal skill for 15 seconds.

SKILLS.JPG.2f803ef6eb0e039545ba7f183ea811f6.JPG

[Rogue Stun Build]

icon_skill_rogue_fury.png Frenzy

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by 7 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 units.
  • Reduced the cooldown duration: from 18 seconds to 10 seconds. 
  • The skill no longer increases the “Accuracy” parameter of the character.
  • Added the bonus to the “Critical Damage” parameter of the character during the skill’s effect:  6 \ 10 \ 14 \ 18 %.
  • Added a visual effect for the skill.

Only this makes me happy and unhappy xD, RIP Accuracy, idk but is time to make CD or Accuracy Build?. And RIP Penetration in rings now the class depends of Energy Regeneration. And regeneration boots...

Add: Is the same worst skill from rogue, many people said in forums long time ago: remove increased damage from the enemy.

This skill is only for decorative skill for rogue and increase critical failed hits.

and I died many times with this skill actived. 20% is really excesive and upgrade this for 8% damage incoming from the enemy, no I prefer use other skills.

NOTES:

1 Where is the rogue's Accuracy reduction debuff? the warden can now reduce 55%, it is more difficult to hurt them!, and frenzy without Accuracy is horrible. And the warden keeps putting up a Shocking Blow Stun, for only be resisted, no dodged and no parried and no blocked.

icon_class_16.png Warden

icon_skill_punishment.png Punishment

• Increased the value of the “Accuracy” parameter reduction: from 5 \ 15 \ 25 \ 35 \ 45 %, to 15 \ 25 \ 35 \ 45 \ 55 %. = Wardens are overrated, idk why super buff this class they uses Block dodge rings for all occasions, and have block have parry why buff dodge?, can explain me pls. I tested pvp with warden 5/5 this skill, I never hitted him...and this isnt only for me is for all classes, developers you only make this for exterminate Charmers, but charmers still winning. Warden never going to be a Charmer counter pls. Better make more usefull rogue class for GvG, like my suggestion kick in the back with area on effect and remove decrease accuracy from shaman totem they no needs it...

2 Forcing the rogue to have a CD!? Is a damage no a skill spammer, and without accuracy... I prefer a thousand times the rogue as it is now than with the update.

Damage classes needs Penetration Accuraccy, and "Rogue skills CD spammer" = No Accuracy No Penetration (Low Damage)

3 Ranger and hunter classes should not have been improved with dodge because they are "ranged damage", that takes them a lot of advantage, and the rogue's stuns will miss more! It is a 2d game and the classes that are melee have quite a disadvantage with the ranged classes. Rip Trickiest and Rip Flurry of steel, still failing each use

4 Also, where was the Kick in the back area debuff? It is the only way that the class is useful for something in PvE and PvP 1v1 and groups, because with the current dodge is possible survive the Area damage from the mythical Boss of Nadir-sar Dungeon, [but with those 10 seconds no longer, good bye to the rogue class] Developer changed to 15 seconds, use Great Relic of Continuous Effect for Dodging skill and Big CD + 50%

5 They'd rather nerf the Rogue's dodge than nerf the Blade dancer's resistances, it's already impossible to do decent PvP with the Rogue class. The rogue only served 1v1 by sheer luck.

About "Permanent Stun", depends how works Gouge I not understand it, but if that works Like Blade dancer's Paralysis is:

Maxed Stun Build: 5/5 Gouge (5 Seconds) + 4/4 Flurry (2.5 Seconds) + 4/4 Trickiest (3.5 Seconds) = 10.5 Seconds of Stun for Autoattacks

For Human's Minds = 6 Seconds of Stun for Autoattacks

(Stun Build Still Nerfed and Stun Gouge Timing Nerfed 2 seconds. but let's see if gouge is like Bladedancer's paralysis, and PvP vs Seekers coulds be a funny disaster xD) Guys is a disaster.

6 So the Rogue class still like garbage in PvP, it depends on the kick that is still Melee, so if they fights vs 2-3 players or in the GvG with 5/5 dodging coulds works good, but with 1/5 dodging, maybe...

At the end, the class Rogue still useless for GvG or groups, it is nerfed in 1v1 combats only because it makes "excessive dodge", with dodge rings, also without good damage and vampirism, using axes that make it slow, and dependient on lucky stuns. (Probability stun fail 10%-20% + Enemy's Resistance Parameter + Blocked, Parried and Dodged)

After the update it can be said that it should be put CD for PvE and PvP modes, and Mana Regen for PvE, and the class continues without resistance defense from enemy's stuns, depending only of resistances runes in amulet-helmet and guild passive bonus lvl 12, losing vampirism in Amulet, and defense in helmet for PvE / PvP modes.

Read for Understand: It is a bit unfortunate that a class that should take advantage of its defensive and offensive stats as a damage class ends up being beaten by the community of Sentinels just because they can not kill Rogue class in 1v1 combats, but they are happy when they are finally killed in groups, because it is more easy to apply stuns at all times. So I don't understand why the people hate the class so much, if with most of the classes on the Sentinel side they can make a good counterattack.

Also it was only an issue in 1v1 to apply the stuns to evade the kick debuff, or use resistance parameter in armor.

I think that was it, like damage class is not good ,good day for everyone :bye:

Edited by Kyrai

You should calm down a little 

It's just the first part, and they'll possibly readjust a few things after test server xd

Hmm, frenzy now looks like the skill of the seeker thats why they removed accuracy

I'm also not sure how bad the new mechanic is with energy regeneration.

Apparently we will be forced to increase this parameter, Or it may be that it only continues normally but with this mechanic

I mean, they will remove the penalty that reduces the regeneration of energy when entering combat, so no change will be noticed, of course only if the regeneration reduction of the skill replaces the penalty.

On 12/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Kyrai said:

The rogue is NERFED!!

icon_bonus_24.png Dodging 

• Increased the cooldown duration: from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Reduced the duration of the skill: from 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 \ 60 seconds, to 10 seconds. 
  • Increased the “Dodge” gain parameter: from 5 \ 7 \ 9 \ 11 \ 13 % to 11 \ 14 \ 18 \ 22 \ 26 %.

Good Dodge for 10 seconds and cd for 30 seconds. Really Bad.

The duration has just been increased to 15 sec. This is not a nerf, now it's much easier to get 60% dodge, and you can put relics to increase the duration to 21 sec, and you can reduce cooldown with the rogue skill that increases cd. (I forgot the name now)

Gouge

• Now the skill additionally applies the “Paralysis” effect on all targets within 1 yard of the character. If all enemies in combat with the character are paralyzed, the character can use the "Stealth" skill.
  • Reduced the skill effect duration: from 3 \ 4 \ 5 \ 6 \ 7 seconds to  3 \ 3,5 \ 4 \ 4,5 \ 5 seconds.

Ok this is... Idk is the same like Blade dancer?, if is the same is fine. But Rogue cant reduce Damage or speed damage like them. 1 yard why not 2 yards?

Now you can paralyze nearby enemies, isn't that better than a simple bladedancer sap?

Frenzy

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by 7 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 units.
  • Reduced the cooldown duration: from 18 seconds to 10 seconds. 
  • The skill no longer increases the “Accuracy” parameter of the character.
  • Added the bonus to the “Critical Damage” parameter of the character during the skill’s effect:  6 \ 10 \ 14 \ 18 %.
  • Added a visual effect for the skill.

Only this makes me happy and unhappy xD, RIP Accuracy, idk but is time to make CD or Accuracy Build?. And RIP Penetration in rings now the class depends of Energy Regeneration. And regeneration boots...

This is because the skill was copied from the seeker, if it increased the accuracy it would be better than the seeker for no reason. But that's no reason to complain, is it? now rogue has increased critical. 

I also feel your pain from regeneration... rip

Where is the rogue's Accuracy reduction debuff? the warden can now reduce 55%, it is more difficult to hurt them!, and frenzy without Accuracy is horrible. And the warden keeps putting up a stun that can only be resisted, no dodged and no parried and no blocked.

warden can't increase your dodge, it doesn't have as much effect as a rogue has.

Frenzy without precision is not a problem, now you have to use precision in your set, just like the other physical dmg classes.

And can't the kick to the back also be dodged, parried or blocked? it's exactly the same effect with the same animation.

Read for Understand: It is a bit unfortunate that a class that should take advantage of its defensive and offensive stats as a damage class ends up being beaten by the community of Sentinels just because they can not kill Rogue class in 1v1 combats, but they are happy when they are finally killed in groups, because it is more easy to apply stuns at all times. So I don't understand why the people hate the class so much, if with most of the classes on the Sentinel side they can make a good counterattack.

Also it was only an issue in 1v1 to apply the stuns to evade the kick debuff, or use resistance parameter in armor.

I honestly don't think that much has changed in the rogue. Reflexes was nerfed but dodge was increased, kind of dug a hole and plugged it right away. Kick in the back wasn't even touched, as much as everyone complained about him. The gouge buff is also good, frenzy is now much better for pve. maybe you should take a closer look at the changes and see the game's advantages.

On 12/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, Fabr said:

The duration has just been increased to 15 sec. This is not a nerf, now it's much easier to get 60% dodge, and you can put relics to increase the duration to 21 sec, and you can reduce cooldown with the rogue skill that increases cd. (I forgot the name now)

Yes I see but I need change [Relic of Curse Removal] for [Relic of Continuous Effect] :sadowl: Now Rogues vs control effects + debuffs and good dodge is like this =:on-jail-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Developers only listen people who haves classes weak +5 +7 vs rogues 1v1 not in 2v2, but they not listen rogues, Is hard kill Druid +10, Ranger +10, Blade Dancer +10 - Blade Dancer +10 Mermen Armor, Warden +10 Mermen Armor, Templar, Charmer, Chieftain, Barbarian Tank Mermen armor +10 2h Barbarian Damage,  Mage, Warlock. In 1v1 and in groups, And all classes are nerfed by PvP not PvE, please. If the game didn't have PvP they wouldn't say anything.

Now you can paralyze nearby enemies, isn't that better than a simple bladedancer sap?

Idk, nobody knows... is new for Seekers and Rogues this, maybe usefull in GvGs like paladin's Treads. Maybe? Idk.

This is because the skill was copied from the seeker, if it increased the accuracy it would be better than the seeker for no reason. But that's no reason to complain, is it? now rogue has increased critical. 

I also feel your pain from regeneration... rip

I not have pain in regeneration, My Rogue can works with 45 Energy combat in pvp, but in PvE maybe could die, so I need change to Penetration Weapons like Sword of Catharsis, and that is good bye rogue dodge. need full Vampirism now, like defensive build. :depressed:

warden can't increase your dodge, it doesn't have as much effect as a rogue has.

I pvp with warden with that skill 5/5 and is a nightmare, Block - Block - Parry - Dodge - Parry - Block - Dodge - Dodge - Parry - Block, and healing Skill, Dodged

Frenzy without precision is not a problem, now you have to use precision in your set, just like the other physical dmg classes.

The problem is Rogue cant put Accuracy in set, because needs other bonuses Like pene and Cooldown Skills. Build a Rogue is hard to make,

That isnt like:

Full penetration, No.

Full attack Speed, No

Each Crystal and Rune have them function in rogue build, and full Speed Rogue is a waste of crystals and a waste of bonuses.

So Rogue in Enchant Gear is nerfed, Dodge Build Time-Potency Nerfed, Stun Skill Build Nerfed.

And can't the kick to the back also be dodged, parried or blocked? it's exactly the same effect with the same animation.

I mean Warden Stun skill Shocking Blow, The skill cannot be blocked, parried or dodge, like Barbarians Charge - Shield Strike or Death Knights Exhalation - Sharp Shadow, Both classes can be dodged parried or blocked. Is very injust.

I honestly don't think that much has changed in the rogue. Reflexes was nerfed but dodge was increased, kind of dug a hole and plugged it right away. Kick in the back wasn't even touched, as much as everyone complained about him. The gouge buff is also good, frenzy is now much better for pve. maybe you should take a closer look at the changes and see the game's advantages.

You have Rogue?:sadowl: ... you only want nerf rogue because you cant kill them 1v1 maybe

On 12/15/2021 at 1:15 AM, Kaesarz said:

You should calm down a little 

It's just the first part, and they'll possibly readjust a few things after test server xd

Hmm, frenzy now looks like the skill of the seeker thats why they removed accuracy

I'm also not sure how bad the new mechanic is with energy regeneration.

Apparently we will be forced to increase this parameter, Or it may be that it only continues normally but with this mechanic

I mean, they will remove the penalty that reduces the regeneration of energy when entering combat, so no change will be noticed, of course only if the regeneration reduction of the skill replaces the penalty.

I updated because Developer fix dodge timing, I changed things :tuktuk:

Edited by Kyrai

• Kyrai changed the title to Personal opinion about new Balance Update 10.2 for Rogue Class [EDITED]

@Nolan @Holmes please give me some of your time and please read this post it’s literally what all rogue players think about. Please forward these requests and suggestions to developers. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

@Nolan @Holmes please listen! I don't want to stop playing warspear, but what they're doing with rogue is no conditions, completely disheartened with the game now, the rogue class is dead. 

2022/01/05 Updated Post: Dodge isnt good now, dont make build full dodge is a waste of skill points and damage skills, frenzy is a suicidal skill thanks!
Guilds started kick and remove rogues in server Eu-Emerald
#Saverogueclass