[2021.12.13] Warspear Online Update 10.2. Preview. Part one

Holmes

18 hours ago, Mjtov said:

Why not just separate the percentages and parameters of skills for pvp and pve. For easier balancing. Like tank merman set first skill 3% dmg reduction vs monsters and 2% vs players but for all parameters stun time, dmg, armor reduction,... 

because its too smart

8 hours ago, Shinn said:

The main magic user should have less magic than the physical magic user. Thats funny to me 

Xd prove u wrong ? Then i gotchu 

Now how does this one look? Hmm? Magic as basic attack too?

Screenshot_20211216-131258_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211217-105537_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for out pointing out that how weak magic spear is.

These magic weapons are already weak in terms of their counterpart weapon wow

Besides we are talking about dual wielding not 2h handed weapons

Screenshot_2021-12-17-14-21-47.png

On 12/15/2021 at 5:51 PM, Khrone said:

C'mon, bros, 5 extra seconds with +26% Dodge is a lot

It’s nothing bro, dodge is a chance based skill unlike the rugged hide. These days most players and mobs have lots of accuracy. Which even reduces the dodge chance.

17 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Bro, I told you before, magic maces has low magic damage value, it doesn't reach the same damage as well as physical maces, why should it receive -30% if it's weak in term of damage rather than physical maces.

I believe dual wield restrictions were imposed because x2 physical weapon would let you reach 2k+ base physical damage. But that's not the case for magic maces. It's weak af itself.

The nerf was convincible if the magic maces could reach the same damages as physical maces, it's a no from me.

About this, yes, it's a damager class built for mass damage with mass damaging skills solely

1: Yes, it is possible to reach the same physical and magical damage. 

2: Those 30% are reduced from the base magic damage of the left mace, not from all the magic damage you have.The same for physical damage. (the description says so clearly) 

So it's not as big a loss of magic damage as you think.

3: As a mixed chieftain, I can say that no one uses points in "blow of spirits" and "bear stamina", magic damage is used for "eagle's eye" and "swooping army", that is, only aoe. 

As part of the chieftain build, we use vampire runes, compensating for the "bear stamina" 

You would only lose a little magic damage, You don't need to do so much drama. 

19 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

1: Yes, it is possible to reach the same physical and magical damage. 

2: Those 30% are reduced from the base magic damage of the left mace, not from all the magic damage you have.The same for physical damage. (the description says so clearly) 

So it's not as big a loss of magic damage as you think.

3: As a mixed chieftain, I can say that no one uses points in "blow of spirits" and "bear stamina", magic damage is used for "eagle's eye" and "swooping army", that is, only aoe. 

As part of the chieftain build, we use vampire runes, compensating for the "bear stamina" 

You would only lose a little magic damage, You don't need to do so much drama. 

Well FYI, I use points on the skills you mentioned. So yeah drama, thank you

I'm not sure how I feel about these skill changes, but that's probably because I don't play anymore. What I can gather from these is that Bladedancer got another nerf >:(

21 minutes ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Well FYI, I use points on the skills you mentioned. So yeah drama, thank you

Anyway, I doubt they're going to reverse this.:dunno:

You make it look like a big loss when it's not.

In case you are new, it is better to get used to this type of changes. Eventually it will stop being shocking to you. 

Take it easy:thumbs_up1:

2 hours ago, Ahmed Didar said:

Thank you for out pointing out that how weak magic spear is.

These magic weapons are already weak in terms of their counterpart weapon wow

Besides we are talking about dual wielding not 2h handed weapons

Go compare 2h spear and 2x mace phys, how much is the difference? Magic spear weak? Meh. The magic club is simply strong, accept the fact already

On 12/16/2021 at 2:21 AM, Necromaa said:

Rogues can kill casters i almost 1 stun combo, same goes for locks, the amount of control that class has can nuke bds even though they have resist. Let me show u a video:

IMG_1470.MOV 5.93 MB · 7 downloads  

See how a decent lock controls a full greatness bd. 

Looking at the changes from where i stand, i dont think these classes suffered any major nerfs. And again if somewhat buffs and nerfs are given to any side legions or sentinentals, each class has got buffed and nerfed, only thing is we arent whining about them thanks!!!!! 🙏 

Dude, that video is so old, if in that video the bd used his resist skill and then rush, we would be watching a different video, those skills didn't exist when making this video. Also the video is so old that there is minions in the arena. 

What is the explanation of the bd gaining more buff, broken class, shield skill, Resistance ; Heavy armor user with high defense A lot of hp  , automatic dmg skill, retribution, speed attack. What the hell!!! When you see that this class is obviously super powerful in front of the other enemies and allies. 

Edited by Foxlax

On 12/13/2021 at 11:28 AM, Holmes said:

Light Aura

• Changed skill type from active to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 7 \ 7 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 units. 
  • Cooldown time is reduced: from 30 sec, to 20 sec.

I really need to point out this change and say with the most polite way that it's actually insanely dumb that you would do that.

It's actually a big underserved nerf when you do the math.

If you have Aura at 3/5, 30 sec CD, it lasts 50 seconds and costs 22 mana per usage. And you would have basically a permanent buff.

After this change it would be -8 mana regen per 5 seconds, that means now aura costs 80 mana to use for 50 seconds!!! It gets even worse when you upgrade it. What the hell did aura do to deserve such an absurd nerf?! And please, correct me if I'm wrong in assessing the situation.

You would expect a considerable buff to the efficacy of the skill with such an increase of mana cost, but now why would I ever activate it let alone upgrade it...

Edited by Gladiator

15 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I really need to point out this change and say with the most polite way that it's actually insanely dumb that you would do that.

If you have Aura at 3/5, 30 sec CD, it lasts 50 seconds and costs 22 mana per usage. And you would have basically a permanent buff.

After this change it would be -8 mana regen per 5 seconds, that means now aura costs 80 mana to use for 50 seconds!!! It gets even worse when you upgrade it. What the hell did aura do to deserve such an absurd nerf?! And please, correct me if I'm wrong in assessing the situation.

You would expect a considerable buff to the efficacy of the skill with such an increase of mana cost, but now why would I ever activate it let alone upgrade it...

I'm assuming you will be able to use the relic that halves energy cost but still

Also you would have to sacrifice your current relic for it

Edited by rafa9876

Just now, rafa9876 said:

I'm assuming you will be able to use the relic that halves energy cost but still

Also you would be unable to use your current relic

Even if that relic reduces it by 50%, that's still almost double the amount of current mana cost.

And yeah still, that relic will take the place of another pretty important relic, which is the 30% curse removal relic. Even if that relic made it so that it would be the same amount of current mana cost, we would still lose on curse removal. I would still consider it nerfed. Unnecessarily! 

28 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Everything for the same buff

Because they didn't add anything else

4 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

Everything for the same buff

Because they didn't add anything else

In theory turning it into an "almost" passive skill could be seen as an upside.

You spend less time clicking on it throughout the fight and can free the skill slot for other skills/potions/etc.

Of course this ignores the fact that you lose out on valuable relic activations so overall it is indeed just a nerf.

3 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

In theory turning it into an "almost" passive skill could be seen as an upside.

You spend less time clicking on it throughout the fight and can free the skill slot for other skills/potions/etc.

Of course this ignores the fact that you lose out on valuable relic activations so overall it is indeed just a nerf.

Also you're underestimating how detrimental this mana loss will be, I guarantee you it's not gonna be worth for just ''not having to worry about clicking on it to activate it every time''. If you really wanna keep using it, then that aura slot better become a mana pot slot because you will be running out very often especially if using mermen set. Also if you use deceptive control relic, you will still need to manually in-/activate it to gain that value.

And for what? +100-200 extra heal? No thanks, I'd rather have mana to use actually useful skills.

3 hours ago, Shinn said:

Go compare 2h spear and 2x mace phys, how much is the difference? Magic spear weak? Meh. The magic club is simply strong, accept the fact already

I have no idea what are you trying to explain bro 😂

I am saying is magic maces should have damage amount like physical maces that would make me go with the nerf.

Or else there is no need for reduction.

If it's the PvP problem then I wouldn't care if they impose different value for PvP on skills.

Absolutely unacceptable from my side because I am a pure magic chief and I can see how it will hurt my build. Which you folks would never understand.

I don't like physical nor mixed build, so don't drag me in with the masses, I was fine as it was. But now, I am not.

3 hours ago, Shinn said:

Edited by Ahmed Didar
Double quotes

9 minutes ago, Ahmed Didar said:

I have no idea what are you trying to explain bro 😂

I am saying is magic maces should have damage amount like physical maces that would make me go with the nerf.

Or else there is no need for reduction.

If it's the PvP problem then I wouldn't care if they impose different value for PvP on skills.

Absolutely unacceptable from my side because I am a pure magic chief and I can see how it will hurt my build. Which you folks would never understand.

I don't like physical nor mixed build, so don't drag me in with the masses, I was fine as it was. But now, I am not.

Seeker just took a effective 24% damage nerf and shield that had low hp to begin with being twice as strong definitely isnt enough to compensate. This could have been avoided entirely by buffing other dps characters pve builds in some ways (like rogue) but its easier to nerf one class than its to buff multiple without breaking something, so i suppose we just have to deal with our ONLY good build for pvp being even worse without any real benefit. So i cant exactly relate with your "muh magic build saks now" because theres a good enough alternative to move on to by amping a physical mace. There is no alternative builds for seekers because 2handed weapons are ass compared to daggers and nerfing damage in general doesn't help. Making bleeds a bit stronger is a move to the right direction but thats not enough since one of them needs a critical to happen in the first place and you just dont crit in pvp.

(After some testing it would seem like harad shield has around 630 health. I'm sure 1.2k health shield is going to be worth the 24% damage loss for pvp hahaaa.)

40 minutes ago, Raislin said:

After some testing it would seem like harad shield has around 630 health.

It has 2394 hp at 5/5 on lvl32 char. Your defence doesn't matter tho so it's one auto hit to damagers and two to anyone else.

11 hours ago, Raislin said:

Seeker just took a effective 24% damage nerf and shield that had low hp to begin with being twice as strong definitely isnt enough to compensate. This could have been avoided entirely by buffing other dps characters pve builds in some ways (like rogue) but its easier to nerf one class than its to buff multiple without breaking something, so i suppose we just have to deal with our ONLY good build for pvp being even worse without any real benefit. So i cant exactly relate with your "muh magic build saks now" because theres a good enough alternative to move on to by amping a physical mace. There is no alternative builds for seekers because 2handed weapons are ass compared to daggers and nerfing damage in general doesn't help. Making bleeds a bit stronger is a move to the right direction but thats not enough since one of them needs a critical to happen in the first place and you just dont crit in pvp.

(After some testing it would seem like harad shield has around 630 health. I'm sure 1.2k health shield is going to be worth the 24% damage loss for pvp hahaaa.)

Ah, you just said now there are better alternatives, do you see the problem now? Why do I, a consumer of the game need to change to those alternative? Ripping money? If you pay me I would gladly do it but that's not the case in our server. We lack everything here from gold to mcoin items. 

Your one little suggestion is gonna effect a server. But nope just selfish peoples everywhere.

I will keep on going. 

I have nothing with defensive skills, rugged hide got a little nerf but I am okay with it.

Your seeker received a nerf on skill, not on base damage. Pretty deserving as their auto attack can reach 7k+ on damages. And that's just auto attack.

On 12/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, Holmes said:

icon_skill_aura_of_valor.png Valor Aura

• Changed skill type from active to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 7 \ 7 \ 10 \ 12 units.
  • Cooldown time is reduced: from 70 sec, to 20 sec.
  • The limit on the range of the skill effect was removed.

Loudly Crying Face on Skype Emoticons 1.2Finally Priest's Aura

On 12/15/2021 at 12:32 AM, Shinn said:

I agree with priest and necro shield is becoming far more useless, whats the use of increasing durability to 1120, it is still one hit but more cd time, and now heal is also reduced in all healer class. We will all be leaving healer soon

yes, shield is useless no matter in PVE or PVP now. Also, the reduction of heal makes Priest more useless. Maybe the offical team does not want Priest anymore. Lowest dmg with low heal, why would ppl recruit Priests? Maybe only for the revive purpose.

Edited by Priest H

On 12/13/2021 at 11:28 AM, Holmes said:

icon_skill_dual_wield_specialization.png Dual Wield Specialization

• Added a 30% reduction in magical damage from a weapon in the left hand. 

rework it so it doesnt make damage by off hand lower by 40% but it lowers off hand physical dmg by 40% then or it doesnt make sense coz BD can deal you 5k dmg in 1 spell coz he have dmg from both weapons but we now have magic dmg from 1 weapon??? this is made by elf GM 100% coz no brain was used it seems

At this moment, healers classes are useless, necromancer, priest, druid, shaman, deal 2 times less damage in dungeon, heal much less than damage class with lifesteal, rn necro already heal around  ~1700 (my necro with 901 magic power without any dark power, castle buffs, wars, pots, scrolls, etc) now will 1400 its strong debuff for already low heal, most of classes have over 4,5k hp, one usefull skill rn is dmg buff, but is overall give less than dmg class in pt instead of healer.  Ressurection skill is also not that usefull, most of players have and use life scrolls, which can be spammed every few seconds. Dk change is joke tbh, bd got more tanky shield, this class was already hard to kill with his tankyness and dmg like dmg class, forest song now looks kinda op, i had it 4/4 and before this buff was very strong, now is dream, now seems i had to put whole effort into senntinels side and leave legion, nothing intresting there for now.

Edited by Player12345

2 hours ago, Keltas said:

rework it so it doesnt make damage by off hand lower by 40% but it lowers off hand physical dmg by 40% then or it doesnt make sense coz BD can deal you 5k dmg in 1 spell coz he have dmg from both weapons but we now have magic dmg from 1 weapon??? this is made by elf GM 100% coz no brain was used it seems

i want to introduce you to little known game mechanic that has been in the game for basically this whole time already

image.png.1b833729753f867db11b49cb7eb0c557.png

icon_skill_two_handed_hammer.png icon_skill_spear.png Change of magical power in two-handed maces and spears

• For all two-handed maces and spears the value of magic power was increased by ~18%.

Developer commentary: This type of weapon was not very popular among players, and therefore it was decided to update the indicators of magical power. We hope that this will allow classes based on this stat to use two-handed weapons more often and more effectively. 

what about two-handed sword & axe, i'm sure those kind of wapeon are also unpopular and yet they don't get any special buff 

example: two-handed sword now give 6% of speed 

23 hours ago, SSaul said:

Charmers and shaman getting crit dmg buffed can we do the same for priests..Just a suggestion ^_^

Priests give damage buff, which is better 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:11 AM, Lefu said:

强迫每个酋长全力以赴,同时摧毁他们的dmg和生存能力,给一个平淡无奇的眩晕,同时也给麋鹿工具多年坦克/眩晕,这绝对是没有意义的。我一生中见过的最可怕的补丁笔记之一。在整个游戏中最无用的技能中增加10% 只是一个巨大的耳光,我敢肯定,在整个游戏中90% 的酋长甚至都没有购买过此技能。

i think ur right.the only one stun aplied ,but must under the root. i almost never used the root .and dmg got a huge nerf ,so what advantage chief have now? just run fast?

Ya know, maybe my suggesting wasn't a bad idea when I said how we should have an increase of mana and mana regeneration per level like we do with HP. But that's ok, y'all enjoy spamming mana pots or seeing that consistent 0mp with this new mechanism.

On 13/12/2021 at 5:28, Holmes said:

Developer commentary: If you thought the Rogue was bound to receive strong nerfs in this update, then you were wrong. The Rogue, like any other class, has vulnerabilities that one can exploit and prevent them from realizing their full potential. It's important to mention that the Rogue's effectiveness only applies to one target and only against certain classes. We can say that the character adequately fulfills the role assigned to him in PvP battles.

what is the role of the rogue in the PvP and Pve now? because i don't understand it.
the class was never good in any kind of massive PvP (war, events guild, 4x4 arena, seals, 5x5). And now he has no solitary survival. Well, you could expect this nerf for the class but I do expect a strong buff for the class in PvE and I don't see it. The frenzy ability takes a buff but also a nerf. Not counting the multiple useless skills that the Rogue has (now, you are added to these the absolute reflexes skill). I need to know, what is the role of the rogue now in the meta of the game? If we compare the class in PvP it will no longer have advantages in 1x1 and 2x2 after the update. Also, all damages class have their roles set, but the rogue in PvE is not the strongest when it comes to single target damage and will not have much survivability in PvP after this update. Maybe this is paranoia of mine, but the rogue's dodges never work well in a crowd, even if the rogue gets the maximum dodge 60%.
All claims to this class are thanks to this "kickk in the back" skill that is applied to a single opponent and has a considerably long cooldown and is not easy to apply to more than one target, but it does help the rogue a lot in his survival on a single opponent.
Please read the multiple requests made by the rogue in the forum to improve the class, perhaps the problem is not even the nerfs to the class, but the fact that they did nothing to improve he in other areas.

Edited by roguesad

32 minutes ago, Darkcaller said:

I suggest gm to add cooperation for dk's death call with stun parameter. It was really important in pve for things like lab. 

I once used death call with 20% stun, boy, I was unstoppable. It's too op. Mage lost it's stun too, so it's fair. 

On 12/18/2021 at 2:57 AM, Zurp said:

It has 2394 hp at 5/5 on lvl32 char. Your defence doesn't matter tho so it's one auto hit to damagers and two to anyone else.

even 2394 shield is one hitted ? then how the 1120 shield with 15 second cd xd. devs should really fix priest shield, not worsen it like this pff

Edited by Formulaone

1 hour ago, Ahmed Didar said:

I once used death call with 20% stun, boy, I was unstoppable. It's too op. Mage lost it's stun too, so it's fair. 

When they are able to make different dmg reduction from players and monsters on skills, why not to make that in pve it will work and in pvp won't? As somebody already said, they are changing skills according to pvp or pve. Why not separate both sides? It would be pretty resonable and useful for all. Just my opinion, bcz I'm pve player and I don't like my skills ducked up against mobs and so on (I think u know what I mean😅). It was very useful in lab, bcz now dk have no aoe stun whila pala has and all his aoe dmgs are working with stun parameter. Just my opinion as regular pve player😊

On 12/13/2021 at 1:28 PM, Holmes said:

icon_skill_steel_hurricane.png Steel Hurricane 

• Increased the magical damage of the skull: 75 \ 90 \ 115 \ 145 % of magical power, to  90 \ 115 \ 145 \ 190 % of magical power.

since the skill dealt the same amount of damage before, is it safe to assume that's the physical damage dealt by the skill is 75 \ 90 \ 115 \ 145% @Nolan

Litterly this will be the worst update ever if it dont get some changes in following days.

Necro Changes are no changes at all only nerfs on allready weak char,

Deathy eye only change is it now you presurve some mana since you cant spam it as before, otherwise no difference from before.

Shield "buff" is nothing as well 5/5 shield + talant on 1038 magic power bearly absorb 4 hits from 520dmg mobs + nerf of 3sec wich fells like 30sec.

And the worst is this new mana mechanic litterly destroys my mana pool i have mana regen amylet and cape mana enchants everywere expect 1 of the rings i use my merman set and dark power buff and gg, heal, shield and dmg cast and my mana goes to 0 in boss room i cant use anything if i wana shield and heal littlery i becomes sheild and heal battery with some dmg litterly i dont get mana left for the other skills ☹️