[2021.12.13] Warspear Online Update 10.2. Preview. Part one

Holmes

icon_skill_cruelty.png Exacerbation

• Changed skill type from active with constant energy consumption to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 15 \ 17 \ 20 \ 22 \ 25 units. 
  • Damage from auto-attacks is reduced: from 5 \ 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25 %, to 8 \ 11 \ 13 \ 17 \ 20 %

icon_skill_power_blades.png Blades' Power

• Changed skill type from passive to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 7 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 units. 
  • “Attack Strength” parameter gain is reduced: from 10 \ 15 \ 25 \ 40 %, to 8 \ 15 \ 24 \ 30 %.
  • Added the visual effect of the skill. 

2 same skills yet bd gets 10% more dmg and 10mp less cost wtf where are the nerfs ????????

5 hours ago, lallouss said:

essa habilidade basicamente inútil nem vale a pena lançá-la para ser honesto, faça com que isso se torne um totem de cura ou dê um mini escudo se não curar para os aliados ao redor, reduzir o dano automático em uma guerra é meio bobo, quando as habilidades são lançadas 24 / 7

I agree with you, this base hit soaking thing is worthless an effective heal in PvE would be much more welcome than just an increase in statue numbers

Nerf the resistance of blad dance, this class does not even need this skill by having a shield skill, they are already users of heavy armor that has high defense and much hp

I don't see a reason to nerf Knight's Curse since it doesn't deal dmg once ot get resist. And the aoe is 3x3 dmg ever 2sec which is easily to walk out of it. Don't get me started on position bugs.

3 hours ago, Fabr said:

Already nerfed.

Nhaa, just reduce 10% auto but get extra def at shield and some aoe isnt a nerf, the solution is remove resist or make it 5 seconds resist like a mage

16 hours ago, Holmes said:

• Changed skill type from passive to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 7 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 units. 
  • “Attack Strength” parameter gain is reduced: from 10 \ 15 \ 25 \ 40 %, to 8 \ 15 \ 24 \ 30 %.

That's alot of reduced dmg, Power of blades is what keeps blade dancers relevant in dungeon spams and in pvp, my point is 5% attack strength reduction i think won't hurt but 10% attack strength reduction is alot considering it is now active reducing mana regeneration. Anyways great work devs im looking forward for the new visual effect of skill. Make it great atleast it would compensate our grief (not really) for the 10% attack strength reduction.

pout-girl.gif

icon_skill_absolute_reflex.png Absolute Reflexes

• Reduced the “Dodge” parameter bonus on 3-4 levels of development: from 18 \ 22 %, to 16 \ 19 %.

They mean attack speed by this, right, @Holmes @Nolan

22 hours ago, Holmes said:

Developer commentary: The Paladin demonstrates high efficiency in most game situations, due to that the demand for other classes of a similar game direction decreases. The Harad's Banner is now a full-fledged area damage skill, but it will be much weaker in point battles. And the increase of magical power in two-handed maces and spears should fully compensate for the reduced indicators in skills.

Plz allow us by providing the option to choose other char same lvl same ,equivalent gears,enchantment, and gears lvl

icon_skill_debilitating_burden.png Exhausting Burden

• Skill now applies the "Under Supervision" buff to a character or ally for 6 \ 7 \ 8 \ 10 sec. Effect reduces the next incoming damage from an enemy's auto-attack or skill that deals instant damage by 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 %. Enemy that dealt this damage receives the "Exhausting Burden" debuff for 4 \ 5 \ 6 \ 7 sec. Enemy under the effect cannot move, the damage to the target does not remove the effect.

I wonder if this will work like some relics do now, like if multiple enemies attack at the same time all of them get debuffed 🤣 dont think it's far from reality 

Honestly, after looking at the patch notes. Only 2 thoughts: Ignorance or incompetence? 

1. Mermen buff should still be BUFFS and not passive. That allows for dual-type mermen builds (eg. Leather + Cloth) to switch between different mermen buffs without a constant mana sap. Also, permanent mermen passive (without the ability to debuff it by Chieftains), makes wardens in arena near impossible to kill. 

2. Retain Chieftain's Wolf and Frenzy's damage % parameters as it currently is (aka no reduction). Keep the stun for Frenzy. 

3. Reduce Chieftain's Eagle Eye and Swooping Army's damage % parameters. Remove the -30% magic penalty for dual wield. Problem solved in terms of overpowering magic AOE damage. 

4. Remove talent tree/knowledge if you are going to be doing constant rebalance. Allows for others to play different classes each rebalance without falling behind too much due to the time-consuming grind for knowledge. 

There, I solved it for you guys. 

EDIT: If it wasn't obvious enough for the marketing team, an average player tends to spend more when building up new characters versus spamming dungeons for knowledge. Cost basis-wise, the money you'll rake in from players rotating classes (spent to amp etc) versus the limited money sink for knowledge (capped at only seeker's stamina) is going to be much more. 😉

Edited by Crowns

17 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_saturation.png Saturation 

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by  7 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 units. 
  • The skill no longer costs health to activate.
  • Added a visual effect for the skill.

how will the interaction with sharp shadow work now? now that the skill have continuous effect, will every sharp shadow blow heal the dk

On 12/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, Holmes said:

icon_skill_harad's_tear.png Harad's Tears

• Added radius for an additional attack: from the whole location, to 4 \ 4 \ 5 \ 5 \ 6 yards around the character.

Harad's Tears is the main attack skill of Priest. It is not a compulsory skill that can cause additional attack(AOE). It has a possibility and the cooldown time is 4sec when Priest has a 60% CD reduce(Dedending on Priest's Equipments). Therefore, this skill is not as strong as a true AOE skill.  Also, you need to consider its weapon's attack cooldown time is 3.1 sec. Especially when Priest use Harad's Tears, it will at least cost 1 sec for a Priest to shake his stave. Then the skill comes out. Could this action be removed to allow an instant skill useage? As Harad's Tears is the main attack skill of Priest, Please allow it to be stronger.

In addition, I recommend the offical members to test whether it is useful of increasing the shield volume by up to 40% on 5 skill levels in PVP. Before, the shield got a volume of 800 HP on 5 skill levels. Now, with 40% increase, it has a volume of 1120 HP. In PVP, one atuo hit by the phisical damage characters could eliminate the shiled. The increase of 40% shield volume actually does not help priests to protect themsleves a lot. Either increasing the shield volume up to 1400 or giving priest a controling skill like stun would be much helpful. Anyway, something is better than nothing.

Edited by Priest H

50 minutes ago, Crowns said:

Honestly, after looking at the patch notes. Only 2 thoughts: Ignorance or incompetence? 

1. Mermen buff should still be BUFFS and not passive. That allows for dual-type mermen builds (eg. Leather + Cloth) to switch between different mermen buffs without a constant mana sap. Also, permanent mermen passive (without the ability to debuff it by Chieftains), makes wardens in arena near impossible to kill. 

2. Retain Chieftain's Wolf and Frenzy's damage % parameters as it currently is (aka no reduction). Keep the stun for Frenzy. 

3. Reduce Chieftain's Eagle Eye and Swooping Army's damage % parameters. Remove the -30% magic penalty for dual wield. Problem solved in terms of overpowering magic AOE damage. 

4. Remove talent tree/knowledge if you are going to be doing constant rebalance. Allows for others to play different classes each rebalance without falling behind too much due to the time-consuming grind for knowledge. 

There, I solved it for you guys. 

EDIT: If it wasn't obvious enough for the marketing team, an average player tends to spend more when building up new characters versus spamming dungeons for knowledge. Cost basis-wise, the money you'll rake in from players rotating classes (spent to amp etc) versus the limited money sink for knowledge (capped at only seeker's stamina) is going to be much more. 😉

nerf chieftain physical, buff chieftain magic. we're an AOE class, why nerf our area damage and keep our single target damage?

21 minutes ago, Rhaast said:

nerf chieftain physical, buff chieftain magic. we're an AOE class, why nerf our area damage and keep our single target damage?

Well, if you look at the "gaming community" aka "elves", you would know that it's near impossible for us to keep our AOE magic. At the very least, they should retain some form of usefulness for physical builds. 

Personally, I'm a huge magic user and I noticed how disgusting it is in terms of AOE PVP (1 amped out chieftain can kill 20+/- in a single AOE).  So yes, it deserves a little rebalance but not in the dual-wield but rather in the % magic damage of skills. By nerfing dual-wield, they also effectively killed off mixed builds of physical and magic. 

I am just giving a fair, unbiased solution to the dev team. 

Edited by Crowns

14 hours ago, Ganjafarma said:

all in all im happy with this rebalance. nice to see chieftains were nerfed the class was way too overpowered. druid 100% song is highly questionable though but i understand it. excited for test server 😁

no u

All these skill changes wont change anything about my eternal superiority :spareme:

5 hours ago, Eshin said:

• Changed skill type from passive to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 7 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 units. 
  • “Attack Strength” parameter gain is reduced: from 10 \ 15 \ 25 \ 40 %, to 8 \ 15 \ 24 \ 30 %.

2 same skills yet bd gets 10% more dmg and 10mp less cost wtf where are the nerfs ????????

They literally nerfed blades' power by making it actually consume energy instead of being a passive skill and incease attack strength by "only" 30% instead of 40%

The most nerf here is Absolute Reflexes of rogue, The only defense of rogue is Dodging and Absolute Reflexes, yes they did Strengthen the Dodging but, The nerf of Absolute Reflexes has a big impact for the Rogue users coz the Absolute Reflexes also give Attack Speed for offensive but they reduce the effectiveness of Absolute Reflexes from 14 seconds to 7 seconds, and This skill cannot be triggered while it's active because you have to wait 2 seconds after the skill expire to make this skill works again from enemies attack..  nope nope nope

Edited by Kame

23 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_magical_transformation.png Magic Transformation

• Cooldown time is reduced: from 30 sec, to 24 sec.
  • Shield strength is increased by ~30% on all skill levels.

icon_skill_blessing_of_ranger.png Ranger's Blessing

• Chance of activation the effect is increased:  from 10 \ 14 \ 17 \ 20 \ 25 %, to 20 \ 28 \ 34 \ 40 \ 50 %.
  • Damage from the skill is reduced: from 50 \ 60 \ 70 \ 80 \ 90 % from physical strength, to 25 \ 30 \ 35 \ 40 \ 45 % from physical strength.

icon_skill_firebolt.png Fire Arrows

• Attack damage is reduced by 2 times on all skill levels. 
  • The type of DOT-damage applied when attacking is changed: it was magic, now it is physical. 
  • DOT-damage of the skill is increased by 3 times on all skill levels.  

icon_skill_aimed_fire.png Point Shooting

• Changed skill type from active with constant energy consumption to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 12 \ 15 \ 17 \ 20 units.
  • “Accuracy” parameter gain is reduced: from 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25 %, to 8 \ 12 \ 16 \ 20 %.
  • The skill no longer slows the character during the action. 

icon_skill_forestry_singing.png Forest Song

• Chance of activation the effect is increased: from 40 \ 50 \ 60 \ 70 %, to 100 %.

icon_skill_secret_link.png Secret Link

• "Penetration" parameter gain is increased: from 6 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 %, to 10 \ 14 \ 16 \ 20 %.

icon_skill_hand_ancestors.png Ancestors' Hand

• Reduced the cooldown duration: from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Increased the shield’s durability by ~30% on all skill levels.

icon_skill_tribal_ritual.png Tribe's Ritual

• Increased the bonus to the critical damage: from 14 \ 16 \ 19 \ 22 %, to 16 \ 20 \ 23 \ 27 %.

icon_skill_8679_09.png Rugged Hide 

• Reduced the skill’s duration: from 6 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 seconds, to  6 \ 8 \ 9 \ 10 seconds.

-Strong BD shield get stronger, was strong enought
-Blessing reduce dmg, increased chance- OK
-Fire arrows, Poins shooting, as everyone know rangers can reach the highest physical power in whole game (4% fraction + 25% Point + 10%guild + 26% accesory bonus)+65% dmg bonus. changed type of firre arrows was OK but increase overal dmg of skill was insane and stupid, actualy ranger is overpowered dmg class with stunning skills.
-Forst song 100% chance for block 8 players for 6s, its insane and not rebalanced
-20% penetration.....
- Ancestor hand - usless skill ewen with 30% bonus, cant be used on self
-Tribes Ritual - add alco critical healing bonus not only dmg, its a bit useless skill for shaman because of low accuracy and penetration , there is no skills which give that bonusses
-Rugged Hide - it was only skills which allow chieftain to not die in battle, you didnt give stun  for CT because of his high dmg and now? stun only with Thrashing- not good idea, low duration Thrashing debuf

Also GM better check power balance of Sentinnels-Legion in servers, lot of players give up Legion because of overpowered Sentinnels. You allways gave more buffs to Sentinels, now this game is unbalanced and what will be in the future: 20/80 for Sentinnels....

18 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Can y'all elaborate the new type of mana consumption? 

If you have 80 mana regen and use mermen set and the changed dk saturation you will instead have 48, which will then be 24 during combat.

1 hour ago, Jcbreff said:

They literally nerfed blades' power by making it actually consume energy instead of being a passive skill and incease attack strength by "only" 30% instead of 40%

that is not a nerf if you compare it to seekers same skill its just bs it deserves to be nerfed even more 

I really feel that the energy consumption for this skill is not appropriate compared to the cost of skills from other classes. I mean, what do you guys think? To compare and contrast:

21 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_stasis.png Power of Relaxation 

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by 16 \ 18 \ 20 \ 22 units — total energy cost was reduced

Warlock has power of relax which gives 25% mdmg and 10% crit. I'd say a 30% increase in auto attack in class like BD would warrant the same mana regen cost, if not more.

icon_skill_battle_stance.png Combat Stance 

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by 15 \ 17 \ 20 \ 22 \ 25 units - total energy cost was reduced

Even combat stance too. It provides 15% Pdmg and 13% crit. I'd say 30% auto attack is better than this skill without a doubt but somehow stance costs more.

icon_skill_cruelty.png Exacerbation

• Changed skill type from active with constant energy consumption to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 15 \ 17 \ 20 \ 22 \ 25 units

I believe this is 20% auto attack but the regen cost is higher than BDs here too.

icon_skill_aimed_fire.png Point Shooting

• Changed skill type from active with constant energy consumption to active permanent skill: energy regeneration reduction of 12 \ 15 \ 17 \ 20 units

I think this is also 30% pdmg and 20% accu? Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not very familiar with some classes.

In retrospect to all the other buffs skills of other classes, it doesn't look like this mana consumption matches the buff provided especially considering all the other skills BD has. Honestly 30% itself still feels too high imo. Even the best damage classes out there don't have such a buff skill and BD isn't even supposed to be a full damage class. Food for thought.

Edited by TheCaster

6 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

I really feel that the energy consumption for this skill is not appropriate compared to the cost of skills from other classes. I mean, what do you guys think? To compare and contrast:

Warlock has power of relax which gives 25% mdmg and 10% crit. I'd say a 30% increase in auto attack in class like BD would warrant the same mana regen cost, if not more.

Even combat stance too. It provides 15% Pdmg and 13% crit. I'd say 30% auto attack is better than this skill without a doubt but somehow stance costs more.

I believe this is 20% auto attack but the regen cost is higher than BDs here too.

I think this is also 30% pdmg and 20% accu? Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not very familiar with some classes.

In retrospect to all the other buffs skills of other classes, it doesn't look like this mana consumption matches the buff provided especially considering all the other skills BD has. Honestly 30% itself still feels too high imo. Even the best damage classes out there don't have such a buff skill and BD isn't even supposed to be a full damage class. Food for thought.

mana cost isn't that different since bd doesn't get 50%mana cost reduction relic but i still think that 30% is way too high for a tanky class 

3 hours ago, Speedom said:

Can y'all elaborate the new type of mana consumption? 

This right here is an official answer from Nolan the admin

image.png.865459140f8e11fddab6cfde53cac7ee.png

Edited by Jcbreff

5 hours ago, Ogull said:

how will the interaction with sharp shadow work now? now that the skill have continuous effect, will every sharp shadow blow heal the dk

Precisely

:vp-hehe:

2 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

If you have 80 mana regen and use mermen set and the changed dk saturation you will instead have 48, which will then be 24 during combat.

Oof! Does the skill deactivates if mana reach 0?

This right here is an official answer from Nolan the admin

image.png.865459140f8e11fddab6cfde53cac7ee.png

its still a nerf because it used to be a passive skill with no energy consumption

Not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think my brain is functioning right because I had a long day, but I'm still kinda lost. I'll read this again later. Lol

9 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Oof! Does the skill deactivates if mana reach 0?

Not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't think my brain is functioning right because I had a long day, but I'm still kinda lost. I'll read this again later. Lol

Skills wont deactivate because technically they wont be using energy anymore

7 hours ago, chocoli said:

Bu çok azaltılmış dmg, bıçakların gücü, bıçak dansçılarını zindan spam'lerinde ve pvp'de alakalı tutan şeydir, demek istediğim %5 saldırı gücü azaltma, zarar vermeyeceğini düşünüyorum ama şu anda etkin azaltma olduğu düşünüldüğünde %10 saldırı gücü azalması çok fazla mana yenilenmesi. Her neyse, harika iş geliştiricileri, becerinin yeni görsel etkisini dört gözle bekliyorum. En azından %10'luk saldırı gücü azalması için kederimizi (gerçekten değil) telafi edecek şekilde harika yapın.

pout-girl.gif

Are you serious? Bd Just need nerf and nerf. Bd tank/dd character but more than attack by rogue. %100 resist %30 autoattack but you again and again crying. I think admins  or developers playing bd because not nerfing.

2 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Skills wont deactivate because technically they wont be using energy anymore

Gotcha, I get it now. Gonna make players with pen enchant switched to mana regene. 

5 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Gotcha, I get it now. Gonna make players with pen enchant switched to mana regene. 

Atleast i think thats how it works since 

• Skills can be used with any amount of energy regeneration.

This is bad... Rogue now dont resist any class in pvp. And already %18 (i think need minimum %30 critical damage because rogue not have autoattack)buff critical damage its so weakness and need change to passive skill. because rogue more active skills have its not practical.

@Nolan

I keep thinking... 

In short, DEVs do not listen to players... they only hear the whining of players doing PvP 1vs1, The Deathly Eye skill It deserved a total change, take out that x2 combo to activate. 

Increased their CD for 7 seconds, continues with the same effect of decreasing magic defense with the difference that will be 14%, effectiveness in boss, i can't say the word but it's the same ****. 

It was practically an indirect nerf, because we used the Skill to activate CD with relic, now with 7 second impossible. I feel helpless because of what they are going to do to my class. 

Every time I start reading the skill I find more failures in the future. 

🥲🥲🥲

Edited by Danfake

So, let me get this straight. 

You took aoe dmg, from chief, which was originally created to do aoe dmg. I was expecting nerf on chief, because it was overpowered (I'm saying it as chief player). But chief was created for aoe dmg and you are breaking it. 

I understand you're buffing dk, since in the past it recieved too much nerfs and it started to getting behind many chars, so buffing it is resonable and it will be more playful. 

About paladin, yeah, many people complained about sacred shield it is too strong and unable to self cast. But the fact is, that you also took paladin's dmg. If it would be just banner, okay. But also illumination, which makes from paladins who they are. Inner force isn't much better, as I can see. I'll test it, but I'm not sure about it, because you still need to loose minimally 60% of your hp to get full potential of the skill. 

Bd. Well, this class is alredy op and now you're making it more op. Okay, shield cd reduced is resonable, it is tank. But making sonic boom 5x5 and with more 30% dmg. That sounds insane. Also, will it affect Pterik's sonic boom? 

Next thing I don't understand is to reducing heal of support classes. They were created to be supportive so I wouldn't take that ability from them. 

Charmer, seeker and templar, those classes are interesting and this rebalance seems to give them many opportunities, therefore I'm not complaining about them. 

Wd has already low dmg, I wouldn't reducing it more. It has big dmg reduction so I would rebalance dmg reduction with more dmg dealing in order to create harmony for this class. On the other hand, I understand, it is the most op tank class on elf side. 

Ranger, rogue and hunter. Dodge is their only protection. You let it last on all lvls the same (only 33% from cd time) and made it to give more dodge. I think these skills are skills which I also wouldn't touch. They are good as they are. 

But yeah, I'm gonna test it and I'll see. For now I'll keep my opinion as it is. 

13 hours ago, Legix said:

is saturation a permanent buff now? because he was a buff with a certain duration.

Is an active permanent skill. It means that you will have to click on the skill to turn it on and click again to turn it off. 

7 hours ago, Ogull said:

If it's not in the post, then it should remain the same :cool01: