[2021.12.13] Warspear Online Update 10.2. Preview. Part one

Holmes

8 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_stone_skin.png Stone Skin

• Now blocked damage instantly accumulates one effect of the skill no more often than once every 2 seconds.

I think it's good to change that, if you won't kill the class in pvp and pve, brb depends on the skin without it brb is defenseless at all, since nerfaram the roar could give him some extra defense.

icon_skill_plants_entangle.png Entangling Roots

• Cooldown time is increased: from 13 sec, to 16 sec.

Only 3 sec ?

Developer commentary: Until now, the Barbarian's skills have not undergone significant adjustments, due to which the dynamics of the use of various skills of this character has remained at the same level for too long. These changes will help move this unbreakable mountain and allow a slightly different look at the class as a whole. 

Same can be said about bd but bd got buffs instead of nerfs

2 hours ago, Ogull said:

only magical damage? cuz the skill deals damage based on the most prevailing damage type. @Nolan

Yes, only magic damage. Should your Magic Damage be higher than your Physical damage, it will be applied the listed formula to calculate the damage done. 

1 hour ago, Ganjafarma said:

in what way was rogue useless in 2021? 2 stuns (one ranged) a heal and increased dmg. rogue went from being decent to one of the best dmg pvp classes. they needed this nerf. dodge has always been a broken stat in warspear

xD rogues died to rangers and 1vs1 they maybe were strong, but if it was already group fights 2x2 3x3 5x5 gvg etc they were most useless characters cuz 0 aoe, pve rogues didnt have any dmg that increased their dmg for outdmg seekers, hunters, bds, rangers. only dmg buff was from stealth which worked for 1 skill or hit. 

2 hours ago, lallouss said:

no more split damage? your making like Knight's Curse  yes? if so than please make it that when crossing an area, the banner stays and doesnt disappear same as Knight's Curse :derpina1:  @Holmes @Nolan

It would be splendid as well if Knight Curse had the same range of banner :vp-looking:

But we are still speaking of 2 different skills. 

2 hours ago, lallouss said:

no more split damage? your making like Knight's Curse  yes? if so than please make it that when crossing an area, the banner stays and doesnt disappear same as Knight's Curse :derpina1: 

Curse does dissapear and it can be resisted. And then thats it from that op magic dmg u need to wait cd to start dealing dmg to ememy while on the other side banner cant be

Not to mention that pala have aoe silence with same duration like dk who have single target

Just now, Higgings said:

It would be splendid as well if Knight Curse had the same range of banner :vp-looking:

But we are still speaking of 2 different skills. 

what Knight Curse lacks in range it recovers in damage, x4 difference than banner

Harad's Banner

• Banner now deals a fixed amount of damage at 25 \ 30 \ 35 \ 40 % from magic power every 2 seconds, and deals 50% more damage to targets that are under the effect of Sun Seal skill.

Knight's Curse 

• Reduced the damage of the skill: from 120 \ 160 \ 180 \ 220 % of magical power to 110 \ 130 \ 155 \ 180 % of magical power.

yes 2 different skills but they made this update specifically to balance the factions to have both sides same equivalent effects, dont u say? i can give few examples of how

ranger dodge <> rogue dodge
rogue -%accuracy <> warden -% accuracy
priest,druid heal <> necro,shaman heal

and so on, they did them on purpose perfectly balance skills in between enemy factions so im asking why not make banner same effect as Knight Curse when crossing area it should stay and not disappear, im not asking for a 180% damage

1 minute ago, lallouss said:

yes 2 different skills but they made this update specifically to balance the factions to have both sides same equivalent effects

This reasonment is logic if we speak of equivalent skills as well, thing which is definitely not the case with these 2 skills. They have got 2 completely different mechanisms and 2 completely different way to work. 

OK you finally made it... I and my friends are moving to elves now RIP mc side... every patch nerf mc and buff to elves gj... so now will 90% players be at elf side you made it aigrind you made it....

@Holmes

Decrease basic cure of all classes. 

But what happens with the shaman's Totem Heal? 

With Castle potion of 60% gives a lot of heal in GvG, WAR.. 

In the end they will leave the shaman better healer and with new buff. 

icon_skill_battle_stance.png Combat Stance 

• Changed the skill type from active with continuous energy drain to an active skill of continuous effect: reducing energy regeneration by 15 \ 17 \ 20 \ 22 \ 25 units - total energy cost was reduced.

but i got relic that reduce the cost per second by 50% so it eats like 5 mana per 2 sec.. my energy regen is around 30 per 5 sec out of combat and now it will eat 25 mana per sec? wtf aigrind??? so when i go to combat i will have 0 energy regen so i use 3 spells and im out of mana? ah goood change why not ruin MC side as much as posible.. but BD which is dmg class get 5k+ shield xD and op AOE gj rly gj

Overall not bad, interesting changes here and there. Will see how it plays out in test.

On Paladin:

That extra magic on 2h weapons is nice and all, but with how much damage reduction the skills are getting and the buff on shield strike and sun seal, it seems like you guys are pushing paladins away from using magic and into 1 handed physical damage, which is fine I guess. I just hate to see Paladins dealing very low damage in PvE when that was their selling point as tanks/healers/damagers. But I think it's fair.

But what I don't get honestly, why even touch the already underwhelming aura if not with anything positive? I'm not gonna waste my precious mana regen points to get a little heal buff on a prospectively physical damage build. It's not even a big deal I just don't get why, I'll stop using the skill altogether and save the mana.

Inner Forces and Light Defense are still very weak. Why not follow the same logic with some of the changes here and make them have a strong effect for a short time instead of a very very weak effect for a long time that doesn't get to end up with any value besides in very long fights, that don't really happen.

And you know what, I'm just gonna say it.. The shield nerf.... Ehm... It's... I hate to be the one to say it.. But it's not gonna change much... TBH. I would have been OK with even a 50% HP shield, 25-30 sec CD, but with decent buff for inner forces and light defense. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that because I care about the game balance but PLEASE I really don't wanna continue playing 4/4 shield with literally no other options, because it will still happen, the meta is not gonna change, people will just switch to physical damage builds with the same skill set.

To be fair, it's a pretty good balance patch especially compared with previous attempts. But what the hell were you thinking making Forest Song 100% chance?! It has to be the wildest change I've seen in a very long time..... :suspicious1:

26 minutes ago, lallouss said:

what Knight Curse lacks in range it recovers in damage, x4 difference than banner

Harad's Banner

• Banner now deals a fixed amount of damage at 25 \ 30 \ 35 \ 40 % from magic power every 2 seconds, and deals 50% more damage to targets that are under the effect of Sun Seal skill.

Knight's Curse 

• Reduced the damage of the skill: from 120 \ 160 \ 180 \ 220 % of magical power to 110 \ 130 \ 155 \ 180 % of magical power.

yes 2 different skills but they made this update specifically to balance the factions to have both sides same equivalent effects, dont u say? i can give few examples of how

ranger dodge <> rogue dodge
rogue -%accuracy <> warden -% accuracy
priest,druid heal <> necro,shaman heal

and so on, they did them on purpose perfectly balance skills in between enemy factions so im asking why not make banner same effect as Knight Curse when crossing area it should stay and not disappear, im not asking for a 180% damage

Knight Curse skill can be resisted if you don't know. Banner can't be resisted.

I think banner skill is better than knight curse since the enemy can walk away easily from the curse skill.

Also both skill does the same damage , no Paladin user max that skill because they need to follow the same build for arena and none really test other skills usage.

I can also give few examples which are very irrelavent.

Templars reserve flow skill cd and Warlocks Circle skill cd aren't same. This update is specifically balance the faction to have both sides same equivalent effects , don't you say?

So do a fair Re-work on warlock circles and make its cd same as Templars aoe pull in order to balance the classes.

Pool of Darkness

• Increased the damage of the skill from magical power: from 104 \ 106 \ 108 \ 110 \ 112 %, to 110 \ 115 \ 120 \ 125 \ 130 %.
  • Fixed the error due to which the stun was applied to any slowed opponent, not just the target under the effect of the Fading skill. 

That's what you call a buff i guess.Truth be told if it wasn't for fading combo no lock would ever use this skill unless we talking about trying to catch an enemy who's on stealth or in a desperate attempt to get over the screen bugs the game has to offer for more than 8 years straight and successfully place another skill to keep the combo going on.Lemme hear some "Your neighbor got a bad internet etc etc" to justify those screen bugs

Dark Circle 

• Increased the cooldown duration: from 14 seconds to 20 seconds.
  • Removed the empty tile in the centre of the skill’s effect area.
  • Changed the effect icon of the skill.

Hmm,i guess nerfing this skill was needed but adding whole 6 secs?

Stone Body

• Increased the amount of restored health: from 2 \ 3 \ 4 \ 5 % every 2 seconds, to 4 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10 % every 2 seconds..
  • Fixed the bug that allowed the Warlock to leave the combat state during the effect of the skill.

That's hilarious

Buffing a skill which 90% of the times brings a Warlock in a disadvantage rather turning the tables around? Watching your teammates dying or setting yourself up right into enemy's next skill before you can blink must be worthy of maybe 2-3 skillpoints#not

icon_skill_lock_curse.png Dark Seal  

• Increased the value of the damage reduction from the combo when the target was under the silence effect from the “Hex” skill: from 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25 %,  to 20 \ 25 \ 30 \ 40 %.

Useless in a large group fight aswell as in most pvp situations against certain classes

Hex can be dodged/resisted but somehow you manage to pull off the combo (considering the Dark seal wont be resisted)and then wow!The enemy retreats with your spended skillpoints under his name.Wait a sec,you can stun him and prevent him from doing so but.....the whole combo goes to the trashcan since the enemy wont be able to hit you.

As for the skill's heal reduction part hmm maybe thats one of the skills that should be nerfed also.-80% of enemy's healing skills aswell as from items is kinda unbalanced.

icon_exp_sk_v9_10.png Zone of Weakness

• Reduced the duration of the skill: from 6 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 seconds to 4 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10 seconds.
  • Reduced the value of the magic defense reduction: from 20 \ 40 \ 60 \ 80 %, to 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 %.

Totally deserved a nerf,this skill was like a top tier skill if such a title existed within the game.Not to mention that resisting the skill's silence debuff wasn't the "end of the skill" but instead stepping again within its area of effect would put you under the silence effect again(or would be resisted once again) and that possibility would go on and on untill the skill would disappear.

Draining Life

• Increased damage of the skill by ~10% on all skill levels.
  • Increased healing of the skill: from 35 \ 45  \ 55 \ 65 \ 75 % of damage to 45 \ 55 \ 65 \ 75 \ 85 % of damage. 

icon_talent_78.png Full of Life

• Increased the effect’s duration: from 5,5 seconds, to 6,5 seconds.
  • Increased the duration of the effect, if the target was under the effect of the "Grimoire" skill: from 11 seconds, to 13 seconds.

"Forcing" a specific build is a bad as it sounds.I give 50-50 chances of this combo being effective in a pvp situation since you would use such a combo to:

A. Heal back the HP

B. Deal increased dmg via Grimoire and stack up the Talent's properties

C.A desperate move to survive since you got nothing else on your pocket to rely on.

The results are the same against most classes in the game.A quick look on this list and is enough to get the point

A. You won't receive HP back while the enemy has any kind of shield active since there's no dmg inflicted upon the enemy.(Your amount of heal depends heavily of the skill's current level aswell as the dmg you inflict,in common words No dmg=No heal)

B.Every class who got a cleance skill will remove the skill from themselves resulting in a total waste since you neither will heal back nor will get the stacks from the talent.

C. Good luck on that point,maybe you should use stone body and wait in there while the enemy gently waits for you to come forth and kill you with his skills which already will be ready to use all this time.

P.s Hoping for something better than this in part 2 even if it means further nerfs on the class but better rework on skills like stone body/Dark seal/Bloody Tribute (This skill is a meme btw lmao)

24 minutes ago, Danfake said:

@Holmes

Decrease basic cure of all classes. 

But what happens with the shaman's Totem Heal? 

With Castle potion of 60% gives a lot of heal in GvG, WAR.. 

In the end they will leave the shaman better healer and with new buff. 

this, sentinels doesnt have heal totem, it effects theh battle alot to place something on ground that heal your allies, i think should change:

Deity Statue 

• Base health and health gain from the maximum health is increased by ~30% on all skill levels. 
  • Duration of action is increased: from 12 \ 16 \ 20 \ 24 sec, to 16 \ 20 \ 24 \ 28 sec. 
  • Damage reduction from auto-attacks is increased: from 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25 %, to 15 \ 20 \ 28 \ 35 %.

this skill basically useless not even worth casting it to be honest, make it so this becomes a heal totem or gives a mini shield if not heal to surround allies, reducing auto damage in a war is kind of silly, when skills are casted 24/7

5 minutes ago, Lwn said:

Knight Curse skill can be resisted if you don't know. Banner can't be resisted.

I think banner skill is better than knight curse since the enemy can walk away easily from the curse skill.

Also both skill does the same damage , no Paladin user max that skill because they need to follow the same build for arena and none really test other skills usage.

I can also give few examples which are very irrelavent.

Templars reserve flow skill cd and Warlocks Circle skill cd aren't same. This update is specifically balance the faction to have both sides same equivalent effects , don't you say?

So do a fair Re-work on warlock circles and make its cd same as Templars aoe pull in order to balance the classes.

i agree with u about templar warlock, they might return warlock cd in stage 2 update, they test 1st
im adding something new to update not mentioned im okay if they dont make banner stay in area, just trying my luck i guess

Edited by lallouss

Wow, bd gets a buff on 2 skills that no one takes seriously enough to put skill points on them, to make the skills a little more useful and people come with "oooohhh my god bd buffed" :nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

First of all, thank you for buffing the DoT skills of the warlock, the stun duration was a bit excessive that is true but let's talk the rest; I'm playing warlock almost since the day it was released, I am not by any means new to this class I'll attach few screenshots to prove my point and what I can say this class lacks  is survivability. I seen you mentioned that you buffed the survival skills, let's talk about it:

Spoiler

ws2.thumb.jpeg.c9c930136a2af35f860ee8c99988dc20.jpegws3.thumb.jpeg.95d035549c3f057c1a8c763e08b2edab.jpegws5.thumb.jpeg.a833b86fd180a9c318f40c51c6b91df8.jpegws6.thumb.jpeg.3c1c4fa2b5c4ece25cfb094fced74707.jpegws4.thumb.jpeg.23d8083f1b15500c0afe4e5ff6c21b89.jpegws1.thumb.jpeg.28af482d0004a38c79dd464a362aa283.jpeg

9 hours ago, Holmes said:

as well as increasing defensive potential and survivability

And those are which???

icon_skill_life_drain.png Draining Life

• Increased damage of the skill by ~10% on all skill levels.
  • Increased healing of the skill: from 35 \ 45  \ 55 \ 65 \ 75 % of damage to 45 \ 55 \ 65 \ 75 \ 85 % of damage. 

This skill is basically usless unless you have more than 20% accuracy. This is not a survival skill and before you jump on me and kill me because you can pair it with Grimoire bear in mind that Grimoire can be resisted by let's see oh yea basically anyone who got 20% resistance, not to metion classes that have resist skills (you know who I talk about).

icon_skill_0138.png Stone Body

• Increased the amount of restored health: from 2 \ 3 \ 4 \ 5 % every 2 seconds, to 4 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10 % every 2 seconds..
  • Fixed the bug that allowed the Warlock to leave the combat state during the effect of the skill.

This skill was only used for the "bug" that allowed you to leave the combat state, after a warlock uses this skill the bladedancer for example will just pop resist and proceed to hamstring you and kill you within 3 seconds, please for the love of God just do a decent change and call it buff.

How about the permanent stun from bd's rush skill? Or 12k hp paladin shield? Not to mention any class that has over 20% resist shit on warlock, why not actually do something to make the class more survivable, ok take some of the stuns I'm ok with that but don't take stuns duration away and "buff" the survivability skills which basically you need 3 hands to combo it and pray to God that it won't get resisted or dodged or blocked.

icon_exp_sk_v9_10.png Zone of Weakness

• Reduced the duration of the skill: from 6 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 seconds to 4 \ 6 \ 8 \ 10 seconds.
  • Reduced the value of the magic defense reduction: from 20 \ 40 \ 60 \ 80 %, to 20 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50 %.

Let's talk weakness zone: you nerfed it last patch, ok it was understandable it was too strong but nerf it again? just delete it please is usless now. But for all means leave the aoe stuns and silences at elf side as they are; no wait I got a better idea why don't you just buff them a bit? Oh wait.... my bad sorry already did. Let's go ahead and see what big buffs y'all brought to warlocks:

icon_skill_shadow_sphere.png Shadow Sphere 

• Reduced the energy cost on the 4 skill level: from 20 units to 18 units

icon_skill_curse.png Hex

• Reduced the energy cost: from 24 \ 25 \ 26 \ 27 units, to 22 \ 23 \ 24 \ 25 units

Much needed changes, 2 energy will basically fix warlock's main problem, very nice buff.

icon_skill_lock_curse.png Dark Seal  

• Increased the value of the damage reduction from the combo when the target was under the silence effect from the “Hex” skill: from 10 \ 15 \ 20 \ 25 %,  to 20 \ 25 \ 30 \ 40 %.

This is actually good*. 

*IF YOU PRAY HARD ENOUGH YOUR SKILLS WON'T RESIST TESTED IT MYSELF WORKS.

Ok took me a while to write this didn't wanted at first but this is not acceptable.
If you need ideas to balance classes hit me up glad to help to make this game actually playable.

Knight's Curse 

• Reduced the damage of the skill: from 120 \ 160 \ 180 \ 220 % of magical power to 110 \ 130 \ 155 \ 180 % of magical power.

My apology to guy that i said that this isnt a big nerf and i just realised what does this mean xd. I thought it will work almost the same but it wont. And reson to that is dk got nerfed bcs 2h weapon is buffed by 18%. But if we do calculations that 18 % dmg in 2h magic is like 9% dmg in total . Why? Bcs  its not only 2h weaps that give dks magic dmg its also rings,cloaks,amulets and 1 belt. So this really look like overkill on dk. Bcs curse is only way for magic dk to actually dmg opponents. And  this really killed 1h magic dks.

40 minutes ago, Santa Claus said:

My apology to guy that i said that this isnt a big nerf and i just realised what does this mean xd. I thought it will work almost the same but it wont. And reson to that is dk got nerfed bcs 2h weapon is buffed by 18%. But if we do calculations that 18 % dmg in 2h magic is like 9% dmg in total . Why? Bcs  its not only 2h weaps that give dks magic dmg its also rings,cloaks,amulets and 1 belt. So this really look like overkill on dk. Bcs curse is only way for magic dk to actually dmg opponents. And  this really killed 1h magic dks.

I kind of agree. But let's wait for the test. 

GG you just killed rogue

People acting like they got any knowledge about a char just by having one lvl26 +10 are completely wrecking gm’s thoughts, you killed the only « viable » side of the rogue

11 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_secret_reserves.png Secret Reserves 

• The skill now reduces the received damage from monsters by 5 \ 10 \ 15 \ 20 %, while it is on cooldown.
  • The healing now starts immediately upon using the skill. 

This is it for secret reserves? Why is reserves the only skill that doesn't have it's cooldown reset when the character respawns or enters an arena battle? Even the character's cooldown parameter doesn't interact with the skill and reduce it's two minute cooldown. At the moment, the once secret reserves has been used you have to wait two minutes for it to activate again no matter what your cooldown parameter is and whether you die and respawn or use life scroll or enter an arena battle. All other skills have their cooldown time automatically reset when you do those three things.(Respawn/Use lifescroll/enter arena battle) Only secret reserves doesn't. Anyone can explain this to me?

Edited by Ashdeath

5 hours ago, Keltas said:

"Developer commentary: The Chieftain really demonstrated excessive effectiveness in a number of game situations, which was repeatedly noted by the gaming community. We are restoring the balance of power and at the same time solving the problems the class has." 

oh wait you nerfed chief coz community asked? or coz elves asked? but when community asking for nerf BD last 12 years you only buff him every patch... game devs of warspear are joke...

I I support u bro, long time we asking nerf bd but they dont care 

11 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_dual_wield_specialization.png Dual Wield Specialization

• Added a 30% reduction in magical damage from a weapon in the left hand. 

Developer commentary: When using a certain combination of weapons, the Chieftain received too high the final efficiency. This adjustment will give the right to life to other types of weapons and equalize their usefulness.

Dual Wield Specialization already decreases the physical damage caused by the offhand weapon by 40%, is that means -30% of magical damage plus -40% of physical damage? Or just -30% of magical damage instead of physical damage?? I just can't understand! 😅 

@Holmes

Edited by Ahmedic

icon_skill_sh_tot.png Totem of Weakness 

• Reduced the value of the “Penetration” parameter reduction: from 10 \ 14 \ 18 \ 25 %, to 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 %.
  • Reduced the value of the “Accuracy” parameter reduction: from 10 \ 14 \ 18 \ 25 %, to 9 \ 12 \ 15 \ 20 %.
  • Increased the value of the “Critical Hit” parameter reduction: from 10 \ 14 \ 18 \ 25 %, to 12 \ 18 \ 24 \ 35 %.

I'm confused. Is there some kind of practical use for a 35% reduction in the critical hit parameter?

14 minutes ago, Ahmedic said:

Dual Wield Specialization already decreases the physical damage caused by the offhand weapon by 40%, is that means -30% of magical damage plus -40% of physical damage? Or just -30% of magical damage instead of physical damage?? I just can't understand! 😅 

@Holmes

"added" not "changed" 

meaning that offhand weapons will have 40% less physical damage and 30% less magic dmg

15 minutes ago, Ashdeath said:

icon_skill_sh_tot.png Totem of Weakness 

• Reduced the value of the “Penetration” parameter reduction: from 10 \ 14 \ 18 \ 25 %, to 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 15 %.
  • Reduced the value of the “Accuracy” parameter reduction: from 10 \ 14 \ 18 \ 25 %, to 9 \ 12 \ 15 \ 20 %.
  • Increased the value of the “Critical Hit” parameter reduction: from 10 \ 14 \ 18 \ 25 %, to 12 \ 18 \ 24 \ 35 %.

I'm confused. Is there some kind of practical use for a 35% reduction in the critical hit parameter?

Must replace the 35% critical with 35% speed reduction

maybe delete rogue? fix pvp rog but not buff pve (maybe add rogue autoattack %15- or %20 maybe it will be balanced)?  developers whats your plan? where is the nerf druid and bd? 

Was the nerf to healing classes really necessary? They're already obsolete in PvE scenarios, why nerf the healing?

13 hours ago, Holmes said:

icon_skill_secret_link.png Secret Link

• "Penetration" parameter gain is increased: from 6 \ 8 \ 10 \ 12 %, to 10 \ 14 \ 16 \ 20 %.

Not even a useful change, the penetration wasnt the problem, its the split between allies weakening the effect thats the problem, if anything the skill should be changed to increase healing received by all allies effected by the skill, like paladins aura, or increase the damage dealt, no druid puts points into this skill

Wow! Oh Wow! This is probably the most impressive skill changes i ever seen. Now we're gonna see things differently. And that's good. I can't wait to see players overcome and adapt to this. However, i feel bad for those who have a 1 specific build for 1 purpose.