Jump to content

Skill upgrades and changes


Berniente
 Share

Recommended Posts

I always saw the death knight as a defensive class although with many offensive abilities even though this class focuses on being a tank. The following changes for me would be to improve the defensive part of the death knight that he lacks a lot and improve his group.

ДК_Тайные резервы.png Secret Reserves:

Now the skill uses constant mana consumption, bonus health regeneration increases by 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% while active and the regeneration time is 4 / 3.6 / 3.2 / 2.8, while mana consumed for every 2 seconds it is 4/6/8/10.

 

ДК_Насыщение.png Saturation:

Now the ability affects the entire group but being reduced them, only increasing the life steal by 2%/4%/7%/10%.

 

Зов смерти.png Death Call:

While it is active the ability will grant 500/1000/1500/2000 of magic and physical defense depending on the level of the skill.

 

icon_skill_dk_protect_large.png Blood Protection:

Now the ability can be used on allies, when used on an ally the death knight will also receive the benefit only that it will reduce half damage received while the ally will receive the full reduction of the ability, if used on oneself the ability the effect is complete, the duration does not change.

 

Aura of Hatred:

The death knight while using a shield will gain an additional 5% magic and physical defense, while using a two-handed weapon will increase an additional 5% physical and magic damage.

 

 

 

Edited by Berniente
ups
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Berniente said:

I always saw the death knight as a defensive class although with many offensive abilities even though this class focuses on being a tank. The following changes for me would be to improve the defensive part of the death knight that he lacks a lot and improve his group.

ДК_Тайные резервы.png Secret Reserves:

Now the skill uses constant mana consumption, bonus health regeneration increases by 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% while active and the regeneration time is 4 / 3.6 / 3.2 / 2.8, while mana consumed for every 2 seconds it is 4/6/8/10.

 

ДК_Насыщение.png Saturation:

Now the ability affects the entire group but being reduced them, only increasing the life steal by 2%/4%/7%/10%.

 

Зов смерти.png Death Call:

While it is active the ability will grant 500/1000/1500/2000 of magic and physical defense depending on the level of the skill.

 

icon_skill_dk_protect_large.png Blood Protection:

Now the ability can be used on allies, when used on an ally the death knight will also receive the benefit only that it will reduce half damage received while the ally will receive the full reduction of the ability, if used on oneself the ability the effect is complete, the duration does not change.

 

Aura of Hatred:

The death knight while using a shield will gain an additional 5% magic and physical defense, while using a two-handed weapon will increase an additional 5% physical and magic damage.

 

 

 

Changing the secret reserves is really necessary as no dk currently uses it.

 

Has the saturation been nerfed? She is 10x as good as she is today.

 

The blood protection has not been buffed, it can only be used on an ally now, however the skill problem remains.

 

Has the hate aura buff been increased by 5%? Like, is he now with 20%? Because it currently increases its attack and defense by 15%, and dks with cd can keep it active permanently.

 

The only buff dk received in this topic was in the secret reserves and the call, and what he needs most is damage reduction, the saturation has been completely disabled and the skill that needs to undergo the biggest changes is blood protection, make the dk able to buff your party won't help you tank...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Berniente said:

ДК_Тайные резервы.png Secret Reserves:

Now the skill uses constant mana consumption, bonus health regeneration increases by 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% while active and the regeneration time is 4 / 3.6 / 3.2 / 2.8, while mana consumed for every 2 seconds it is 4/6/8/10.

high consume, high strenght, may be abused if the player gets high on energy recovery items or/and helped by a shaman's energy field, but i dont think unless both scenarios are met the deathknight would still be able to do the full cycle of skills ( wich is still very expensive) i would have the energy cost increased by 2 on the last 2 levels of development due to how it can descend into massive strenght.

even if this rework might make the deathknight rethink how to use it, since by working this way can be way less viable in pvp due to its cost, but having it too cheap can make the deathknight insane in pve (or even pvp)

13 hours ago, Berniente said:

ДК_Насыщение.png Saturation:

Now the ability affects the entire group but being reduced them, only increasing the life steal by 2%/4%/7%/10%

hmm, i can see the use. its nice to let the deathknight have some teamplay power to give some chance for deathknight to help the few dps with non ideal lifesteal, but i dont see it as a suitable rework, i would rather just remove/higly decrease the health cost

13 hours ago, Berniente said:

Зов смерти.png Death Call:

While it is active the ability will grant 500/1000/1500/2000 of magic and physical defense depending on the level of the skill.

flat value, strong at start, weak in long term, similar to barbarian's warcry effect wich instead increases deffence on %

13 hours ago, Berniente said:

icon_skill_dk_protect_large.png Blood Protection:

Now the ability can be used on allies, when used on an ally the death knight will also receive the benefit only that it will reduce half damage received while the ally will receive the full reduction of the ability, if used on oneself the ability the effect is complete, the duration does not change.

i simply dont see it fit, but i have no opinion on it in terms of strenght

13 hours ago, Berniente said:

Aura of Hatred:

The death knight while using a shield will gain an additional 5% magic and physical defense, while using a two-handed weapon will increase an additional 5% physical and magic damage.

ok, why dont make this instead work similar to paladin's aura? giving a different effect based on the weapon used? deff with 1h and atk with 2h? 

 

i would like to see secret reserve work the way you suggested, that alone can make the deathknight way more viable in dungeons thank to its increased self sustain, if the cost in made in order to allow just to aggro and add some defensive skill in the cycle, it can be good, even if the meta right now is to upgrade as mush as possible the dps and speedrun the dungeon (kinda dumb)

 

for the others, deathcall can end up in a warcry (barbarain's skill) but better due to bothh increase deffence and dealing damage around, out of being easier to use to aggro spread out enemies, even if the barbarian has a very strong deck of skills

 

short ver.

secret reserve - yes

satuation - i dont think its what it needs

deathcall - why?

blood protection -  i can see why?

aura - ok?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing that needs to be changed in secret reserves. Is that right now, the skill is set so that if you die the cooldown of the skill doesn't reset like other skills. And when you enter arena too the cooldown isn't reset. Secret reserves cooldown should reset when enter arena or respawn just like all the other skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Legix said:

Has the saturation been nerfed? She is 10x as good as she is today.

Do not explain me well, the saturation will have the same current effect and duration on death knight, but now it will additionally increase the life steal up to 10% to the maximum to the rest of the group.

6 hours ago, lore said:

satuation - i dont think its what it needs

I would like another effect but when it comes to that ability, the life steal increase for allies seemed not such a bad idea.

6 hours ago, lore said:

deathcall - why?

Honestly, if it were an increase in defenses by percentage, it would be something very beneficial for players with very enchanted armor or for clothes with increased defense by the amount of clothing used of that type, being already a fixed numerical value is more optimal for all players.

6 hours ago, lore said:

blood protection -  i can see why?

The death knight being a class very similar to the paladin, does not carry any abilities for the benefit of the group.

6 hours ago, lore said:

aura - ok?

The skill of looks good to me like this but I put a little additional benefit on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boi! Why on earth did you suggest nerf?! This upcoming saturation is perfect. 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:01 AM, lore said:

hmm, i can see the use. its nice to let the deathknight have some teamplay power to give some chance for deathknight to help the few dps with non ideal lifesteal, but i dont see it as a suitable rework, i would rather just remove/higly decrease the health cost

No! Leave it the way it is! Especially for the update. Lol

On 12/13/2021 at 8:19 AM, Berniente said:

I would like another effect but when it comes to that ability, the life steal increase for allies seemed not such a bad idea.

Noooooo don't touch it. This is a huge nerf for dk compare to the upcoming update.

On 12/13/2021 at 8:19 AM, Berniente said:

Do not explain me well, the saturation will have the same current effect and duration on death knight, but now it will additionally increase the life steal up to 10% to the maximum to the rest of the group.

No! 10% is a joke and a nerf

Edited by Speedom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Speedom said:

No! Leave it the way it is! Especially for the update. Lol

i see (i havent seen the update post at the time please have mercy on me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...