Ennoblement & aura of fire & Ethereal barrier rebalance & Buff

Pr0f

Hi it's me Zora the mage from Us-saphire

First time for me to type on forum.

They says mage is so hard to kill but that's +10 mage greatness, I not their yet so I have no idea if it's true or not, I just see myself die in 3 secs for even weaker spell caster than me, so here are some recommendations for buffs.

First ennoblement: on 4/4 it give 5sec immunity from controls and remove applied debuffs ....not 6 secs as skill description say because casting takes 1sec + this skill can't be used if you already under stun, fear or silence. I recommend for you allow mage to use it under controls to break them out, if we want to rate this skill I will say it's for GVG only, it's quite decent because it saves from probably +5 control effects in wars. In pve only takes 1 control because of long CD, in pvp no one will waste his skills on you if they notice your ennoblement.

Second skill is aura of fire, this skill lack some damage, how about side effect from skill making the skill case (On fire!) Debuff or Burning with chace qual to critital hit chance of the character, 100% chance is much but will be cool. I know this skill have been nerfed long time ago.

+another idea Adding effect for skill like charging or detecting for nearby enemies so it will make Explosion or deal damage on first touch not just randomly (3secs delay). 

Ok 3rd and last skill I will talk about is Ethereal Barrier: well it's a cool skill but can be better, it's anti-brust skill, but on 1/4 it never work I guess unless you fighting something that can kill you in 3 or 4 hits, in this case you will Lose the fight anyway with the barrier or without it, so this skill isn't valid 1/4 you most make it 4/4 to get benefit of it, I recommend 2 things to make it better , first lower the requirement for 1/4 to be activated so it will be useful, second lower the requirement for level 4/4, like making it if you receive damage in 3, 4 or 6 seconds so it will work more often, old Ethereal barrier was so good, this one is good too but if it's just work more often or maybe last long, mage is semi-melee class with a staff so have to be more solid don't you think so!

I have notice that's fireball have description that's not applied, it have to deal extra damage for target that effected by blazing ground, I checked, it don't apply

Thanks for your time😁

Edited by Pr0f

• Pr0f changed the title to Ennoblement & aura of fire & Ethereal barrier rebalance & Buff
21 hours ago, Pr0f said:

I recommend for you allow mage to use it under controls to break them out

Lol, this would just defeat the whole stun or silence parameter itself in the entire game. If the anti stun skill mechanism is changed in such a way, barb and chieftain would also be able to use their resist skills to break out of stuns anytime.

I wouldn't say mages are best at 1 vs 1, but in group fights they're really good in the hands of someone who can play well, especially a well timed ennoblement, catching someone who's kiting from far.

Barrier looks strong enough to me too. I mean, I'm a warlock and I think you guys take for granted how much this skill helps you as a caster.

If you lower it's activation requirements, there's no point of putting skill points in there. They'd just put the skills elsewhere creating an imbalance in the class imo.

I won't comment on the their other skills since I'm not very familiar with them.

Edited by TheCaster

11 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

This suggestion seems to be directed at mage in pvp and I'm not a big fan of pvp but here goes.

Ennoblement 6 second duration is fine as it can be cast on allies and also it works with orcinus book/orci scrolls which can make it last a bit longer. (8 sec for the scrolls) Buffing the duration is okay if you remove the ability to use on others and increase cd.

If you make it usable while stunned I'd reduce the duration to 1 or 2 seconds.

Aura of Fire is shit in pvp and is probably meant to be shit in pvp, buff would be nice but unless it's literally a "deal 10k dmg at 4/4" people will still leave it 1/4. I like your ideas though.

Yeah if you go serious pvp then barrier needs to be 4/4.

And I think this is fine, in PvE the barrier does the same thing at 1/4 as at 4/4 but in PvP they need to sacrifice skill points on this. It's fine as it is right now, personally I would make it a real anti-burst skill, giving a large shield or some invulnerability time if too much health is lost very quickly but with 10 to 60s cd. 4s cd makes it a tank skill and annoying for others.

As for the fireball & blazing ground combo increasing damage, that's wrong. The actual combo is that fireball will have 15% chance to fear if the target is in blazing ground.

22 hours ago, TheCaster said:

Lol, this would just defeat the whole stun or silence parameter itself in the entire game. If the anti stun skill mechanism is changed in such a way, barb and chieftain would also be able to use their resist skills to break out of stuns anytime.

I wouldn't say mages are best at 1 vs 1, but in group fights they're really good in the hands of someone who can play well, especially a well timed ennoblement, catching someone who's kiting from far.

Barrier looks strong enough to me too. I mean, I'm a warlock and I think you guys take for granted how much this skill helps you as a caster.

If you lower it's activation requirements, there's no point of putting skill points in there. They'd just put the skills elsewhere creating an imbalance in the class imo.

I won't comment on the their other skills since I'm not very familiar with them.

I agree with you, ennoble needs mastery

But barbarian is heavy weight tank fighter class, stuns isn't a big Deal for him + resist buff last for 10sec ( I don't know about caste delay but that's nearly double ennoble duration) don't want to talk about how solid and stunner barb is, because you already know.

Chieftain is high aggressive class, I think it's Top aggressive, can deliver high burst damage probably kills in 2secs, resistance buff last from 6 -> 10 secs, it's more than enough to kill someone not heavy weight + chieftain is solid, have a healing skill and damage reduction skill (I checked it's potential, can reduce dmg up to 74% if 20% Hp left) last 12secs.

Mage ennoble is core skill, more than this weak eth barrier, it works once every 4secs

This Cooldown against numbers nearly useless, TBH it's useless against numbers. but 1vs1 it's pro kinda, but you know mage is veeery weak in 1vs1, I am so weak but killed bd and seeker in pve gears and nearly killed rogue in my pve gear (I don't have pvp gear) + this Eth barrier prevent instant death for mage in wars that's why rework isn't good.

In comparison it's:-

PVE < PVP, Skil

The reason why I asked for it to become break out and possible to use after controls because in pvp if amge use ennoble ppl will run away for 5 secs waiting for ennoble to end then come back and wipe your face to the floor lol. (but chieftain runs like Ferrari and barb Dash from 5 yards to target).

Btw when was the last time you have been killed by a mage? I will tell you....NEVER

Mage is pro GVG or War but weak anywhere else even pve if not at least +8 full vamp.

Ppl underrate mage chains but it's pro skill, I will say it's 1# core skill for mage against melee, you have no idea how many times it saved my live, if we compare chains and ennoble with Ethereal barrier you will know how weak it's and useless.

16 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

This suggestion seems to be directed at mage in pvp and I'm not a big fan of pvp but here goes.

Ennoblement 6 second duration is fine as it can be cast on allies and also it works with orcinus book/orci scrolls which can make it last a bit longer. (8 sec for the scrolls) Buffing the duration is okay if you remove the ability to use on others and increase cd.

If you make it usable while stunned I'd reduce the duration to 1 or 2 seconds.

Aura of Fire is shit in pvp and is probably meant to be shit in pvp, buff would be nice but unless it's literally a "deal 10k dmg at 4/4" people will still leave it 1/4. I like your ideas though.

Yeah if you go serious pvp then barrier needs to be 4/4.

And I think this is fine, in PvE the barrier does the same thing at 1/4 as at 4/4 but in PvP they need to sacrifice skill points on this. It's fine as it is right now, personally I would make it a real anti-burst skill, giving a large shield or some invulnerability time if too much health is lost very quickly but with 10 to 60s cd. 4s cd makes it a tank skill and annoying for others.

As for the fireball & blazing ground combo increasing damage, that's wrong. The actual combo is that fireball will have 15% chance to fear if the target is in blazing ground.

I am not fan of pvp too but sick of making fun of mage, this game all about pvp and wars, pve is secondary option...I guess.

6secs immunity already low bro can't be lowered more🙃,BD resistance buff last +20 secs, yes it takes 3 stuns maximum but it's decent skill.

BTH I never used potions or scrolls lol, the only buff pot I used was 15% damage pot, I never heard about this scroll before.

I didn't know the aura of fire can be this strong 😵, I saw aura on 1/4 it's totally weak, tried blazing ground 3/4 wasn't a big difference so didn't even bother try aura lol

I remember when I first bought barrier, I get attached by a rogue , barrier absorbed the 2nd hit that's how I didn't die, i used the chains and skipped with 200 hp left lol, barrier designed to be for 1vs1, and prevent mage from instant death in wars, but in pve it really don't work as it have to do, mine current barrier is 3/4 it's same as 1/4 never works 😬, except on critical hits from bosses. I regret that I moved the skill point to another skill.

I think I didn't read the fireball discretion well, their is ( . ) between increased magic damage word and blazing ground part lol

A skill that's doesn't work like Ethereal barrier or Aura of fire differently needs a buff:flying-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I have been thinking about what you said and how op this will be so I will add condition to the buff on ennoble, it will be nerfed a bit:-

Ennoblement give 6secs immunity from controls effects and remove applied debuffs (old description) + can't be used if under control effect unless mage HP is already lower than 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% HP (scales with level of skill).

The number are good for me, if HP Lower than 50% It's critical Stats

Edited by Pr0f