Reduce/Adjust melee per second

Lucstriker

Hello! Many come here to request "buff" from their favorite classes and "nerf" from classes that don't win in 1v1. I come to ask you to increase the weapons' "damage melee per second" time. As time goes by, it's quite easy to get the maximum amount of "attack speed" and this has been affecting so much in PvP/PvE, causing a certain imbalance. I suggest you raise your percentages!
Example: (Daggers: 1.7 -> 2.5) (Swords: 2.0 -> 2.8) (Axes: 2.2 -> 3.0) (Mace 1hand: 2.4 -> 3.2). With the ease of getting the maximum "attack speed" 70%, this change would not affect the "melee" classes. But of course it depends on the opinion of the DEVs. There were these changes in Bow and Cbow and it was acceptable, now you need to review those I mentioned. 
@Nolan@Hedfuc

1.7.JPG

Dagger to mace! :pin3:

Ok but that depends because damage classes are nerfed and is really hard kills some classes like tank healers in pvp and decrease speed attack is rip pve

and there are classes that use axes and those do not have speed, that affects the damage a lot because it forces itself to use daggers and its damage is low

also 1 second is too much difference for those who do not use attack speed like tanks, imagine hitting every 3.2 seconds :vp-looking:

3 hours ago, Kyrai said:

Dagger to mace! :pin3:

Ok but that depends because damage classes are nerfed and is really hard kills some classes like tank healers in pvp and decrease speed attack is rip pve

and there are classes that use axes and those do not have speed, that affects the damage a lot because it forces itself to use daggers and its damage is low

also 1 second is too much difference for those who do not use attack speed like tanks, imagine hitting every 3.2 seconds :vp-looking:

They did this in bow and cbow and Hunter/Ranger continues to kill many healers and tanks. Even though daggers being 2.5 with 70% speed hits really fast... Anyway, it was a suggestion and I think it's necessary.

I cant remember what speed bows and xbows were originally set at but regardless these numbers seem really harsh. And like Higgs said, unlike rangers and hunters, melee weapons share many classes and many of them dont have skills that increase speed.

16 hours ago, Higgings said:

This way classes who cannot reach such ammount of speed will be extremely penalized. 

They didn't think about it when they did it with the Ranger/Hunter. (bow and Cbow)

16 hours ago, Raislin said:

I cant remember what speed bows and xbows were originally set at but regardless these numbers seem really harsh. And like Higgs said, unlike rangers and hunters, melee weapons share many classes and many of them dont have skills that increase speed.

All classes that use 2 weapons, they have skills to gain attack speed

And as I mentioned (But of course it depends on the opinion of the DEVs.) It was just an example and suggestion.

1 hour ago, Buckrudy said:

They didn't think about it when they did it with the Ranger/Hunter. (bow and Cbow)

Both can reach 70% speed. I don't know what you're on about.

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

And have already advantage just by being able to attack from a distance.

Both also have High Burst Damage and complete stunlock combos.

If you took attack speed from Melees it would just make it even harder to combo anyone down before they can kite.

4 hours ago, Higgings said:

1 hour ago, Arthas said:

And have already advantage just by being able to attack from a distance.

Both also have High Burst Damage and complete stunlock combos.

If you took attack speed from Melees it would just make it even harder to combo anyone down before they can kite.

I understand you see 1v1, but as a team it gets very surreal and sooner or later the DEVs will change that. Increasingly higher level and stronger weapons, soon we will have the news.

On 12/7/2021 at 10:15 PM, Buckrudy said:

I understand you see 1v1, but as a team it gets very surreal and sooner or later the DEVs will change that. Increasingly higher level and stronger weapons, soon we will have the news.

I don't think so, honestly. Not when it comes to such things at least. But that's only what I think. 

Hi, sorry if I hear some typos this is not my native language so I'm using a translator.

On 07/12/2021 at 16:31, Arthas said:

E já tem vantagem só por poder atacar à distância.

but all melee damage classes also have super efficient means of approach.

Ambos também têm alto dano de explosão e combos de atordoamento completos.

as well as melee classes and if in doubt they can do explosive damage even better than ranges and hunters

Se você obtivesse a velocidade de ataque de Melees, seria ainda mais difícil derrubar qualquer um antes que ele pudesse voar.

as I mentioned earlier, melee damage classes all have an efficient way of approaching long attack classes

On 06/12/2021 at 18:59, Higgings said:

Dessa forma, as classes que não atingirem essa velocidade serão extremamente penalizadas.

I believe that is not the case, classes that use these weapons that are not damage use a simple concept of automatic strike and use some skill and return to automatic strike, because classes such as rogue, chieftain, blade dancer and explorers could not adapt to this way of playing, these classes when they start a combo the opponent hardly leaves alive because of the ease of getting the speed attack attribute at 70% and even with a nerf in the attack time of the weapons these combos still would be super effective, I believe this change is quite viable and would bring a new face to the game 😉👍

Wardens would suffer for this even worse 

have a skill that increases attack strenght, and only works with auto-attacks, cuz they spam aggro again and again 

They would literally be punching bags.

1 hour ago, Vulcarona said:

I believe that is not the case, classes that use these weapons that are not damage use a simple concept of automatic strike and use some skill and return to automatic strike, because classes such as rogue, chieftain, blade dancer and explorers could not adapt to this way of playing, these classes when they start a combo the opponent hardly leaves alive because of the ease of getting the speed attack attribute at 70%

So the logic behind this is indirectly nerfing to the ground the attack power of all other classes because you, as a Healer or a cloth armor user (presumably), can't remain alive after a combo of a class designed to do damage; my apologies but it doesn't really make any sense. The point of a damager is doing damage. If you pretend to win a Damager as a Druid or even a Shaman then I'm sorry but this is not the way to play the game. And certainly you don't deal this way with this problem (if we are brave enough to call this "a problem")

Furthermore, the ease you are describing to reach the famous 70% speed consists on classes who spent their point on Speed Builds and Stats, sacrificing accuracy and penetration. Such ammount is eventually granted by lv12 guilds (not really easy to build, you know) plus Books. I don't know what you mean with ease, but this is definitely not the right term I would use. 

Então a lógica por trás disso é indiretamente nerfar para o solo o poder de ataque de todas as outras classes

but all the other classes would suffer the same thing, is it this kind of view that I can't understand, we want changes but without testing anything?

Além disso, a facilidade que você está descrevendo para atingir a famosa velocidade de 70% consiste em classes que gastam seus pontos em Construções de Velocidade e Estatísticas, sacrificando a precisão e a penetração. Essa quantia é eventualmente concedida por guildas de nível 12 (não é realmente fácil de construir, você sabe) mais Livros. Eu não sei o que você quer dizer com facilidade, mas este definitivamente não é o termo certo que eu usaria. 

with the help of the guild bonus this work is almost half done, so I see it as something easy, I understand that this "nerf" would make a big mess as it happened with bows and crossbows, but currently at level 32 end game this attribute is very easy to achieve if we compare when the end game was at lvl 26/28 so in my view it's still a viable and interesting change.😉

On 12/7/2021 at 12:48 AM, Raislin said:

HI, bow 2.7 xbow 3.5

but all the other classes would suffer the same thing, is it this kind of view that I can't understand, we want changes but without testing anything?

You want changes that benefit a certain category of classes. Casters, to be precise. There is no other logical reason otherwise look for such change. 

with the help of the guild bonus this work is almost half done, so I see it as something easy, I understand that this "nerf" would make a big mess as it happened with bows and crossbows, but currently at level 32 end game this attribute is very easy to achieve if we compare when the end game was at lvl 26/28 so in my view it's still a viable and interesting change.

Here's another problem you indirectly showed: you said it right; there are end game items which help you eventually with speed, but in the meanwhile, other classes have to deal with a mace which hits every 4 seconds. those classes we mentioned - I repeat - dealt with the problem with the use of more Speed Stat AND skills which give speed. These classes had got another choice; by increasing the attack time of every other weapon you'll nerf classes which haven't got Ranger and Hunter's same possibility unreasonably and which can't simply cope with "more speed and guild buffs", because a tank which rathers speed more than accuracy or penetration (let's take the PvE side for example) will see itself missing almost every attack it does. Bad build all in all, and the damager's stats do not fit certain classes. 

Deal with the fact that Casters shouldn't win damagers, due to a thing called "class advantage". The sooner you do, the sooner you'll realize of the inconsistency of the suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

You want changes that benefit a certain category of classes. Casters, to be precise. There is no other logical reason otherwise look for such change. 

Here's another problem you indirectly showed: you said it right; there are end game items which help you eventually with speed, but in the meanwhile, other classes have to deal with a mace which hits every 4 seconds. those classes we mentioned - I repeat - dealt with the problem with the use of more Speed Stat AND skills which give speed. These classes had got another choice; by increasing the attack time of every other weapon you'll nerf classes which haven't got Ranger and Hunter's same possibility unreasonably and which can't simply cope with "more speed and guild buffs", because a tank which rathers speed more than accuracy or penetration (let's take the PvE side for example) will see itself missing almost every attack it does. Bad build all in all, and the damager's stats do not fit certain classes. 

Deal with the fact that Casters shouldn't win damagers, due to a thing called "class advantage". The sooner you do, the sooner you'll realize of the inconsistency of the suggestion. 

Lets be real, casters that have heals will tank damagers if they have invested as much as the damagers have. Eg. they have books and +10s as well. At least shamans and druids have no problem doing it, most priests and necros as well. But they are more susceptible against bds and rogues with their new stuns i suppose. 

45 minutes ago, Raislin said:

Lets be real, casters that have heals will tank damagers if they have invested as much as the damagers have. Eg. they have books and +10s as well. At least shamans and druids have no problem doing it, most priests and necros as well. But they are more susceptible against bds and rogues with their new stuns i suppose. 

Absolutely, yet I don't consider it a valid reason for such changes to even take place. 

On 12/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, Jcbreff said:

I still haven't quite understood the point of this topic, is it that attack speed is op stat

The topic was just a feedback, a suggestion, like everyone who came here to say what they wanted. I think it's worth a revamping of "melee speed" and I even think it's fair with the other classes. I don't focus on 1v1 but on the whole and the game has shown that. Now it's up to the DEVs to decide what will be fairer to their game, as the way it is, it's not fair at all. Anyway, everyone has their opinion and I respect that.

i agree with you today a tank with agro 4/4 against certain classes in the pve need to use agro pot and pray that a full speed seeker or a full speed bd and full of buffs does not pull the agro of warden, pala... 

17 minutes ago, Buckrudy said:

O assunto era apenas um feedback, uma sugestão, como todos que vieram aqui dizer o que querem. Acho que vale a pena reformular a "velocidade de combate corpo a corpo" e até acho que é justo com as outras classes. Não me concentro no 1v1, mas no geral e o jogo tem mostrado isso. Agora cabe aos DEVs decidir o que será mais justo para o seu jogo, do jeito que está, não é justo. Enfim, todo mundo tem sua opinião e eu respeito isso.

i agree with you today a tank with agro 4/4 against certain classes in the pve need to use agro pot and pray that a full speed seeker or a full speed bd and full of buffs does not pull the agro of warden, pala... 

So, penalize everyone, because a few use speed as a priority. 

Imagine a rogue prioritizing the critical stat, and someone start asking  to Reduce the critical dmg   because it is op, And all classes receive the nerf

Doesn't seem fair right?

Neither for the rogue nor for the rest of the classes

such a change would be baseless.
rangers and hunters have, in addition to attack speed, several good damage skills, being a mix between using skills and basic atks.

some melee classes that do attack speed builds don't have good damage abilities, or are simply not worth using. making the only option for these classes to be automatic attacks. nerving the weapons would just make some classes have no decent way to do damage, even with a lot of attack speed.
also, aside from BD which is the only dmg full speed class with resist, all the classes that do atk speed are pretty easy to deal with using stuns.

Let me guess, 2 hand 5sec? I don't like it sorry, this is a selfish post. You forgot where you came from? A lvl1 newbie. What person want to start off fighting attacking so slow. Newbies rely on auto when their mana runs out.

Edited by Speedom