market shared between factions

Salazam

the idea is quite simple.
make the market one for both factions.

but why?

on all servers one of the factions is dominant, whether in number of active players or guilds.

a factor that contributes to this imbalance of players is the market of each faction.

the faction with more players has a market with more item options, and this makes new players look at this difference and end up choosing to play where the market is with more products, simply because the game in that faction will probably be easier.

a shared market would remove this problem, and not harm the server's economy, since it's still the same server.

I ask players not to think only of their faction when evaluating the suggestion. the fun of the game is the competition between the factions, and if there is no strength in both, a good part of the game would ''die''

Maybe someday we will get one but my guess as to why they havent added one yet is that they dont want to encourage helping the other side too much

8 hours ago, Rhaast said:

on all servers one of the factions is dominant, whether in number of active players or guilds.

a factor that contributes to this imbalance of players is the market of each faction.

That's one of the reasons I believe there shouldn't be a shared market. 

If there's a more active side and consequently more items in their market, it means that they would sell more items.

What could be the consequences of all this gold being transferred from one side to the other? Wouldn't it make a bigger discrepancy in both factions' economy? :huh:

6 hours ago, Nolan said:

That's one of the reasons I believe there shouldn't be a shared market. 

If there's a more active side and consequently more items in their market, it means that they would sell more items.

What could be the consequences of all this gold being transferred from one side to the other? Wouldn't it make a bigger discrepancy in both factions' economy? :huh:

It is difficult to say the consequences of transferring gold, it is worth remembering that at least on my server, more valuable items are not usually sold on the market.

if this helped to reduce the difference in players between the factions, the problem of having more items from a faction on the market over time would not be a problem, and perhaps the transfer of gold would be balanced for both sides.

a friend gave me a suggestion. only items (accessories, weapons and armor) should be traded between factions.
other things like: chests, runes, crystals, wells, books should only be kept for the faction you play.

this would avoid overloading a faction in gold.
ps: it's hard to know which items are most sold on the market so I can't say anything.

the item market could be separate from the normal market like the personal store and the guild store @Nolan

The reason why it doesn't exist is because this game drop rate is trash. You'll need a consistency of drops from questing, farming, etc for that to happen. Plus, the devs will have to put effort into it and make some changes in their outdated files. 

18 hours ago, Rhaast said:

a friend gave me a suggestion. only items (accessories, weapons and armor) should be traded between factions.
other things like: chests, runes, crystals, wells, books should only be kept for the faction you play.

this would avoid overloading a faction in gold.
ps: it's hard to know which items are most sold on the market so I can't say anything.

the item market could be separate from the normal market like the personal store and the guild store @Nolan

This sounds a bit more interesting. Let's see.

9 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

It's already possible to transfer gold and I haven't seen any issues yet

Items sold in the castles shouldn't have such a big impact in the economy.