Server lags whenever World event happening

Raislin

The title.

Usually the worst is whenever we are on the last stage 6: Shadow maestro, but it might also start earlier than that.

EU-Emerald server btw. But i'd assume its also a thing elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Raislin said:

The title.

Usually the worst is whenever we are on the last stage 6: Shadow maestro, but it might also start earlier than that.

EU-Emerald server btw. But i'd assume its also a thing elsewhere.

Hi! Have you tried disabling players and guilds names?

3 hours ago, Nolan said:

Hi! Have you tried disabling players and guilds names?

This does nothing, it actually affects people in the whole server.

No matter where you are, during stage 6 there's a noticeable difference, one that starts even before stage 6. (I noticed it in the underwater territory once)

The amount of people who report not being affected by this is low enough to justify further research.

12 hours ago, Azerbaizan said:

it even comes when we are on dg. So it's not just world event

12 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

This does nothing, it actually affects people in the whole server.

No matter where you are, during stage 6 there's a noticeable difference, one that starts even before stage 6. (I noticed it in the underwater territory once)

The amount of people who report not being affected by this is low enough to justify further research.

I haven't noticed anything like that. Would you guys be able to provide a video of when it starts?

6 hours ago, Nolan said:

I haven't noticed anything like that. Would you guys be able to provide a video of when it starts?

Here is a video on mobile, I can do this again on PC on the next event.

Please give special attention to the moment around 9 seconds and the skills I'm using, the server seems to "skip a beat". This happens around once every 10-20 seconds and is easily forgotten or not noticed as people need to be using skills to notice it and may just blame their own connection or some desync.

Can also make a longer video on PC to show the frequency, aswell as being on the location of the event.

Turn volume off to avoid weird background noise. :agr:

Edited by rafa9876

15 hours ago, rafa9876 said:

Here is a video on mobile, I can do this again on PC on the next event.

Please give special attention to the moment around 9 seconds and the skills I'm using, the server seems to "skip a beat". This happens around once every 10-20 seconds and is easily forgotten or not noticed as people need to be using skills to notice it and may just blame their own connection or some desync.

Can also make a longer video on PC to show the frequency, aswell as being on the location of the event.

Turn volume off to avoid weird background noise. :agr:

I'm sorry. I'm honestly not able to see any performance issues in these videos. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

I'm sorry. I'm honestly not able to see any performance issues in these videos. :mellow:

If you look at the skills I'm trying to use you will notice that the one I try to cast at 8 seconds takes easily 3 times longer to cast than all other skills for seemingly no reason (my connection is fine and there are no other players in the area).

In the priest video I try to use tears, which takes almost 2 seconds, while the shield and armistice cast in under half a second.

In the mage video I use Warp and Fireball just fine, but when I try to use Dragon Eye it once against takes almost 2 seconds to finish casting.

It seems a longer video recorded on PC is necessary, where you can see the frequency.

Edited by rafa9876

Yes, the servers are dying on stage 6, we were in a dungeon while the event was going on and the whole party started lagging and it went away right when the event ended. This was on EU-EM

Just now, Zurp said:

@Nolan more evidence. There should be no random delays between attacks here.

I was about to post another video made from my PC but guess it isn't needed. :happypumpkin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have quick update on this. The last couple of days, devs have been working on this to make the servers more stable and it has shown good results. Thanks for the feedback, guys! :ok:

(Unfortunately we can't guarantee yet that this won't happen occasionally. They're still working to make it 100% stable.) Sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.