SUGGESTIONS FOR CHANGES TO THE CHARMER

Salazam

it's no secret that the charmer is being an above average class at the moment with the physical build. spam from dogs in the area can be problematic for some classes (not so much for others). but I'm not here to talk about the charmer's dogs, I believe the DEVs will do their best to balance the class in the next update.

I came to make some suggestions for changes in some of the charms' skills

GOADING (aggro skill)

the only aggro skill of the charmer. i don't think the charmer and the templar need any other aggro skill, but the aggro skill of these two classes need to be improved to make up for that.

in the case of the templar and the charmer, this skill should have a lower DC, something like 10 seconds, as it's the skill used both for aggregating a target and for multiple targets. 

and in the case of the charmer, the skill's range should be increased, to be standardized with the templar, which is 3m.

changes

CD: 14s to 10s

area of effect: 2m to 3m.

with these changes it would be much easier to play as a tank with these two classes, without needing to add another aggro skill unnecessarily.

OTHERWORLDLY FIRE (rework)

this is a weak ability, even on buildings aimed at magic damage.
its cooldown is very high, damage is low, area is small, and stun chance is low.

this skill needs a good targeting, being a skill with a single function, in this case it would be to deal damage in area. 

increase skill's range of action to 2m (5x5), remove skill's stun chance, reduce cooldown, increase skill damage depending on character's spell power, add chance to burn enemies hit, dealing damage over time.

changes

CD: 24s to 20s

area of effect: 3x3 (1 m) to 5x5 (2 m)

increase damage

add a chance to burn targets hit for 8s equal to the character's ''critical hit''

remove chance of stun

SUMMONER SKILL (interaction with relic)

this is a very good skill, actually for her I come to make a small suggestion.

this ability cannot critically hit normally. however if the charmer uses an ''Icy relic if cruelty'' it makes the area damage of that skill critical, ignoring a barrier that exists within the skill.

change 

my suggestion is: make this skill critically hit even without using the relic, or completely remove the possibility of this skill causing a critical hit, even with the Christmas relic.

EYE OF DARKNESS (buff)

this is an ok skill, not very good, but not bad. I suggest increasing the effect duration at all levels, to avoid skill spam, and maybe add some new effect to the skill as well.

change 

increase skill effect time

HELP OF CHAOS (buff bird atk range) 

arguably the charmer's best magical ability, but he's a support pet, and often when he gets into melee range to perform a basic attack he dies. my suggestion is to simply add some attack range to the bird.

change

increase attack range: melee to 3~4m  

visual update for pets

without further ado, it would be nice to make some updates to the look of the charmer's pets, the game evolved graphically, and the pets summoned by the charmer turned out to be ugly and outdated, it would be amazing to make some visual improvement on both

20 hours ago, Rhaast said:

it's no secret that the charmer is being an above average class at the moment with the physical build. spam from dogs in the area can be problematic for some classes (not so much for others). but I'm not here to talk about the charmer's dogs, I believe the DEVs will do their best to balance the class in the next update.

I came to make some suggestions for changes in some of the charms' skills

GOADING (aggro skill)

the only aggro skill of the charmer. i don't think the charmer and the templar need any other aggro skill, but the aggro skill of these two classes need to be improved to make up for that.

in the case of the templar and the charmer, this skill should have a lower DC, something like 10 seconds, as it's the skill used both for aggregating a target and for multiple targets. 

and in the case of the charmer, the skill's range should be increased, to be standardized with the templar, which is 3m.

changes

CD: 14s to 10s

area of effect: 2m to 3m.

with these changes it would be much easier to play as a tank with these two classes, without needing to add another aggro skill unnecessarily.

its cooldown is very high, damage is low, area is small, and stun chance is low.

this skill needs a good targeting, being a skill with a single function, in this case it would be to deal damage in area. 

increase skill's range of action to 2m (5x5), remove skill's stun chance, reduce cooldown, increase skill damage depending on character's spell power, add chance to burn enemies hit, dealing damage over time.

changes

increase damage

add a chance to burn targets hit for 8s equal to the character's ''critical hit''

remove chance of stun

this ability cannot critically hit normally. however if the charmer uses an ''Icy relic if cruelty'' it makes the area damage of that skill critical, ignoring a barrier that exists within the skill.

change 

my suggestion is: make this skill critically hit even without using the relic, or completely remove the possibility of this skill causing a critical hit, even with the Christmas relic.

EYE OF DARKNESS (buff)

this is an ok skill, not very good, but not bad. I suggest increasing the effect duration at all levels, to avoid skill spam, and maybe add some new effect to the skill as well.

change 

increase skill effect time

arguably the charmer's best magical ability, but he's a support pet, and often when he gets into melee range to perform a basic attack he dies. my suggestion is to simply add some attack range to the bird.

change

visual update for pets

without further ado, it would be nice to make some updates to the look of the charmer's pets, the game evolved graphically, and the pets summoned by the charmer turned out to be ugly and outdated, it would be amazing to make some visual improvement on both

First time I see someone asking for improvements to the charmer without exaggerating so much:not_okay:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 12:19 AM, Rhaast said:

changes

increase damage

remove chance of stun

why remove stun? that is usefull for charmers staff in pvps and for kick resistances charges from bd. but adding burn for more aoe would be better because honestly charmer staff hits very little:hmm:

change 

I don't know if to agree, is lose many dmg for clear mobs around without criticals hits :(, and that could turn lousy for pve

change

I did not understand this part well, the bird is supposed to attack melee, but melee from 4 yards? xD if it attacks at a distance it is at range

16 hours ago, Kyrai said:

why remove stun? that is usefull for charmers staff in pvps and for kick resistances charges from bd. but adding burn for more aoe would be better because honestly charmer staff hits very little:hmm:

well, it would be a sacrifice to lose the stun, but we would have more damage to compensate

I don't know if to agree, is lose many dmg for clear mobs around without criticals hits :(, and that could turn lousy for pve

removing the crit would be one possibility, but the other would be to allow the ability to do crit damage even without the relic, which would be much better for me.

I did not understand this part well, the bird is supposed to attack melee, but melee from 4 yards? xD if it attacks at a distance it is at range

the bird's attack range would no longer be melee, and would become a ranged attack. I thought of 3 meters or 4 meters so that it is not difficult for a melee to reach the bird and kill it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, Rhaast said:

change

100% agree.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:51 AM, Rhaast said:

the bird's attack range would no longer be melee, and would become a ranged attack. I thought of 3 meters or 4 meters so that it is not difficult for a melee to reach the bird and kill it.

The thing is, it does "magic melee dmg" I guess make it as any other range minion