The [Iconic] FireBall

Vinagre

image.png.abb4efb61ccbc80caccb44c03aece398.png

"A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range and then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 8d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one."

"The fire spreads around corners. It ignites flammable objects in the area that aren't being worn or carried."

That's how this iconic spell is described at D&D!

What we may be missing? 
I think we are misusing the most iconic spell ever created in any RPG.

The fireball should be Area damage, anything that is cough on the way and around the target should take damage.

1 Suggestion: Change the skills levels to increase the damage and the number of targets affected by the fireball!
2 Suggestion: Make that the fireball burn targets around the target( just as bleeding)
3 Suggestion: Each skill level increase the damage shared around the target 10/20/30/40/50.

Please somehow bring back the Iconic status that a FIREBALL really deserves! its not just a red watter ballon... its a watchOUT FIREBALL INC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The change is cool, but would you be willing to have it applied to other similar abilities as well, like Shadow Sphere or Dark Arrow?

Edited by Rhaast

On 12/2/2021 at 3:11 AM, Rhaast said:

legal a mudança, mas vc estaria disposto que ela tambem fosse aplicada a outras habilidades semelhantes, como esfera sombria ou flecha da escuridao?

EN please.
So now warlocks can cast fireballs? just wondering..

4 hours ago, Vinagre said:

EN, por favor.
Então agora os feiticeiros podem lançar bolas de fogo? apenas me perguntando..

Well, do you want a fireball in the area? Simple: buy blinding fire. Problem solved

Edited by Rhaast

1 hour ago, Rhaast said:

Bem, vc quer uma bola de fogo em area? Simples: compre fogo ofuscante. Problema resolvido 

First of all this in the EN section of the forum, please respect that. 
Second, that is an expert ability that gives low area dmg, and applies ''accuracy debuff'' 
we are suggesting a fireball with area burning effect or damage 

I hadn't realized it was the international forum.

the blinding fire damage is not low.

moreover if you add such an effect to a basic skill of a magic dmg class, then you'll have to do the same for the other damage magic classes.

mage might not even be such a strong class anymore, but this change won't help mages at all, a meaningless change that won't improve the mage in what he needs.

Yes! Make Mages into an actual Mage! Like fireball have an aoe animation. Why not make it aoe? I still think shattered stone should be a select area to cast aoe vs melee range. It's a mage!

Edited by Speedom

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2021 at 5:57 AM, Speedom said:

Yes! Make Mages into an actual Mage! Like fireball have an aoe animation. Why not make it aoe? I still think shattered stone should be a select area to cast aoe vs melee range. It's a mage!

Shattered stone does make sense as it is and represents a release of magic to anyone close to me, but maybe expanding the range at level 3 and 5 by 1 would help better especially with incoming melee attackers and for some ranged battles especially since we have a teleport skill that I do combo with it as is right now