About the Dark Shield of the Death Knight

yinglun

After reaching the bottom of the sea, the dark shield appears very fragile. A death knight with 13000 + defense can only reduce 200 + damage.

I suggest that when the death knight successfully blocks once, the next damage reduction effect of the dark shield will be increased by 200%.

Barbarians can refresh petrified skin skills through blocks, and wardens can restore health through blocks. I think death knights can also have this effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, getting something more from block-set other than increased chance of blocking attacks shouldn't only be exclusively for Barbarians and Wardens.

im going to be honest, sounds like an amazing talent bonus

On 11/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, Fortuno said:

Yeah, getting something more from block-set other than increased chance of blocking attacks shouldn't only be exclusively for Barbarians and Wardens.

yeah i agree but i consider its better to see it in expert skills/talents (counting that both barbarian and warden get extra effects on thier blocks with expert skills)

mainly since have such effect too early in the game can easly result as an overkill 

So dark shield is based off of raw defense. So guild, pots, scrolls, and skills doesn't make dark shield stronger. The issue is that pen can reduced the amount of dmg you ignored from dark shield. (I.e high lvl bosses and arena).

The dark shield is already good to tank a lure of mobs, i suggest just rework saturation (remove the 10%) - or blood protection (increases duration time) or secret reserves (nerf+make it infinite)

Also alot of dks dont use block, a dark shield based on block to be strong is a bad idea.

(srry my bad eng)

8 hours ago, Legix said:

The dark shield is already good to tank a lure of mobs, i suggest just rework saturation (remove the 10%) - or blood protection (increases duration time) or secret reserves (nerf+make it infinite)

Also alot of dks dont use block, a dark shield based on block to be strong is a bad idea.

(srry my bad eng)

I agree with you, but dk still needs to block and parry.

Otherwise, when you face a BOSS like Dagan, you will be under great pressure.His several attacks may make you need to use potions.

54 minutes ago, yinglun said:

I agree with you, but dk still needs to block and parry.

Otherwise, when you face a BOSS like Dagan, you will be under great pressure.His several attacks may make you need to use potions.

The dk in my head is a class that must be scary, it's worth remembering that the dk is not the main tank of the mcs, as the main tank on the elf side is wd, on the mcs it is brb, and just like the paladin is the elfs off-tank, the dk is the mcs off-tank.

Each class has a way to support itself, and dk's is vampirism, which totally matches its name "dark knight".

He needs a buff in this regard, the current dk has difficulty healing himself against bosses, because unlike the others he doesn't have a viable healing skill or damage reduction, and even if you use block/parry, he will run out of damage to heal. (not even talk about secret reserves).

I've even made a suggestion about the dk curse that can be resisted by bosses.

18 hours ago, Speedom said:

Dark should based on total defense stat instead of raw defense since they don't have dmg reduction. Because pen make the skill weak in both pve and pvp.

Well then it would be too op with shaman buff and aura 

20 hours ago, Speedom said:

Dark should based on total defense stat instead of raw defense since they don't have dmg reduction. Because pen make the skill weak in both pve and pvp.

Dark Shield is a skill that is hard to balance. Don't expect it.

6 hours ago, yinglun said:

Dark Shield is a skill that is hard to balance. Don't expect it.

This is not a valid reason to leave it the way it is. 

7 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

You're correct. With Shaman's and eventually a maxed Aura. In both cases you would need:

A. A new build for DK which means switching completely from a ultra outdated build most DKs use nowadays - fresh air in other words, thing which DKs don't see since almost 3 years ago

B. You would need another character with you, which is exactly what the game asks us to take to face harder contents. 

On 11/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, Santa Claus said:

The skill is weak at endgame and arena due to pen. There's plenty of op skills, why dk can't get a reliable op skill. It already works by chances. Plus DK is outdated compared to other tanks. No reworks, no buffs, just all nerfs. "Too Op" in a broken game doesn't exist. If you can't beat them, join them. Buff DK