Shaman Changes - Some improvements.

Diego Ferreira

Hello brave warriors, I come to talk about another class, this time the shaman, my current active account. In my view there is not much that can be done in relation to the shaman, he is a great class in all aspects, being dispensable only for the game's PvE, but to solve this problem a balance would not be enough, I believe that all the content The game's PvE deserves a buff, since mobs, tws and the like for tanks and supports to reemerge from the ashes, but that's a subject for another topic. I'm bringing 3 suggestions for changes to the class, so let's go.

1- Earth Protection

image.png.a4824a08d12cec48f664863c6b8c33e1.png
This change would be simple, make the group skill, that's right, the earth protection currently can easily be applied to the full group, but you should go buffing your allies 1 to 1, which makes the skill more tiring, and losing your potential. I suggest that for each level a random ally is benefited in the shaman's group, I'll bring some examples here.
Ability 1/5 - It would only apply to the selected target, but it would still have the same effect time and % buff that it is today just like the other levels.
Ability 2/5 - Apply the effect to both the target and a random member in the party prioritizing those without the buff.
Ability 3/5 - Would apply to the target plus 2 random allies in the party.
Ability 4/5 - Would apply to target plus 3 random party members.
Ability 5/5 - Would apply to target and all party members, always renewing everyone's effect when applied to target.

2- Fire Totem

image.png.d2f15153859bafa6d09e48ab8ce7389b.png

This change would be a little more worked, my suggestion would be that the totem was an area, but with a different mechanics that made it sustainable, it is undeniable that the great power of this skill is its high damage target, but in GvG battles or with many mobs it is not it's as viable as that. my suggestion would be to put an area damage distribution effect as well as the paladin's ability, but that only activates if the shaman uses earthquakes on the targets, so it would give us the option to decide whether it would be target or area, bringing the ability then for group battles, because the great advantage would be the flaming effect if applied in the area, for shamans who focused on the critical attack attribute it would be of great offensive help.

3- Shamanic Cleansing

image.png.e6abfa2c7d3ba17761496f31ebe7cac6.png
In this case my suggestion would be to add resistance to the skill, as it has a low duration which is similar to several resistance abilities we have in the game, nowadays the shaman removes the ally's debuffs but soon after the ally is debuffed again , with the application of a resist this would be avoided for a few seconds.

What do you think of my suggestions? Is there anything that needs to be added?

7 hours ago, Diego Ferreira said:

Is there anything that needs to be added?

Ancestors hand need be added here . That skill almost has no purpose other than pulling . The legion side needs a shield since only necro has shield vs sentinels pala shield bladedancers shield templer shield priest shield seeker shield . The ancestors hand of shamans needs to be modified to a better pull n shield kind of thing

IMG_20211025_100600.jpg

Edited by Buuuu

Shamans already one of the strongest support classes for both arena fights and high number fights such as gvgs.

Earth protection thingy is kind of interesting, although the same should probably be added to druids barkskin too then. Cleansing is already a get out of jail free card, but resist would make sense. If the number of debuffs the skill can remove was limited, or the dmg reduction made less it would be balanced. Really like the totem idea, as long as the amount of ppl affected had a limit.

3 hours ago, Buuuu said:

Ancestors hand need be added here . That skill almost has no purpose other than pulling . The legion side needs a shield since only necro has shield vs sentinels pala shield bladedancers shield templer shield priest shield seeker shield . The ancestors hand of shamans needs to be modified to a better pull n shield kind of thing

IMG_20211025_100600.jpg

I would make of this a priority more than the other skills, tbh. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:46 PM, Diego Ferreira said:

Hello brave warriors, I come to talk about another class, this time the shaman, my current active account. In my view there is not much that can be done in relation to the shaman, he is a great class in all aspects, being dispensable only for the game's PvE, but to solve this problem a balance would not be enough, I believe that all the content The game's PvE deserves a buff, since mobs, tws and the like for tanks and supports to reemerge from the ashes, but that's a subject for another topic. I'm bringing 3 suggestions for changes to the class, so let's go.

1- Earth Protection

image.png.a4824a08d12cec48f664863c6b8c33e1.png
This change would be simple, make the group skill, that's right, the earth protection currently can easily be applied to the full group, but you should go buffing your allies 1 to 1, which makes the skill more tiring, and losing your potential. I suggest that for each level a random ally is benefited in the shaman's group, I'll bring some examples here.
Ability 1/5 - It would only apply to the selected target, but it would still have the same effect time and % buff that it is today just like the other levels.
Ability 2/5 - Apply the effect to both the target and a random member in the party prioritizing those without the buff.
Ability 3/5 - Would apply to the target plus 2 random allies in the party.
Ability 4/5 - Would apply to target plus 3 random party members.
Ability 5/5 - Would apply to target and all party members, always renewing everyone's effect when applied to target.

2- Fire Totem

image.png.d2f15153859bafa6d09e48ab8ce7389b.png

This change would be a little more worked, my suggestion would be that the totem was an area, but with a different mechanics that made it sustainable, it is undeniable that the great power of this skill is its high damage target, but in GvG battles or with many mobs it is not it's as viable as that. my suggestion would be to put an area damage distribution effect as well as the paladin's ability, but that only activates if the shaman uses earthquakes on the targets, so it would give us the option to decide whether it would be target or area, bringing the ability then for group battles, because the great advantage would be the flaming effect if applied in the area, for shamans who focused on the critical attack attribute it would be of great offensive help.

3- Shamanic Cleansing

image.png.e6abfa2c7d3ba17761496f31ebe7cac6.png
In this case my suggestion would be to add resistance to the skill, as it has a low duration which is similar to several resistance abilities we have in the game, nowadays the shaman removes the ally's debuffs but soon after the ally is debuffed again , with the application of a resist this would be avoided for a few seconds.

What do you think of my suggestions? Is there anything that needs to be added?

Agreed

Shamans are weak in 1v1 fights bcs all players can perma stun easy , you should give a stun or silence to shaman , like in earthcake (silence  like trap (ranger)

1 hour ago, NissanEU Ws said:

Shamans are weak in 1v1 fights bcs all players can perma stun easy , you should give a stun or silence to shaman , like in earthcake (silence  like trap (ranger)

They won't buff a class just because it can't win in 1vs1. 

1 hour ago, NissanEU Ws said:

I wud like the ancestors hand to be atleast modified to  absorb 60 70 %  of targets hp like pala sacral shield( 100% though at 4/4 )  . More of a support role.Mc lack shields its time we get atleast 1 more shield .

On 10/25/2021 at 2:16 AM, Diego Ferreira said:

Is there anything that needs to be added?

Earthquake:
Earthquake is the skill in itself a unique casting skill. The skill provides decent aoe dmg and holds the targets in place for sometime but the main problem with the skill is how it works upon after casting it. The area of cast is 1 pixel area and the area of effect is 3x3 If there happens to be any misposition of either you or your target while moving (whether that be because of Server lag, Connection delays or Bugged position) then you may end up missing it completely. Its not like it doesnt work if you simply cast the quake on target, It will work but at the same time there is a small chance that it may miss aswell. There are ways to make earthquake work atleast most of the time,
i,e After casting quake on a target you need to immediately press on the target again and you need to be quick. It can be done its not that hard but sometimes that too fails.

Shaman's Earthquake along with Druid's Insect swarm as an example ( only because since they both are type of same healing class with the similar abilities but from different factions )

Earthquake:
- Deals instant dmg
- Deals area dmg
- Holds the target on place for sometime
- Reduces the attack speed , attack speed reduction at 5/5 = 20% as far as I know
- At level 1 the duration of quake is 1-2 seconds. Hence, the attack speed reduction from quake last 1-2 seconds.
- At 5/5  holds the target for 4-5 seconds.
- Does not works with 100% accuracy (excluding blocks, dodges, parry).

Insect Swarm:
- Deals periodic dmg
- Deals single target dmg
- Target is slowed because of dot dmg
- Reduces the attack speed, assuming the same i,e at 5/5 = 20% attack speed reduction
- At level 1 the duration of swarm is 5-6 seconds. Hence, the attack speed reduction from swarm lasts 5-6 seconds.
- At 5/5 Dont know how long it lasts since am not a druid user.
- Works with 100% accuracy (excluding blocks, dodges, parry).

Suggestions for earthquake rework:
1) Its simple make it work with 100% accuracy like druid's insect swarm, you cast it on the target and it works regardless.

Edited by Venkery