Warlock Changes Needed - Increase Your Survival

Hello brave warriors, I'm bringing you suggestions regarding a class I really like, Warlock. This class is one of the most amazing group control, which plays an important role in various types of content within PvP. Having only 1 weakness very easy to be exploited, in the case of its survival, the Warlock is an extremely fragile class, where only a resister can end his combo and make him die, he only has stone as a means of escape, but the enemy can simply wait for you with their control selected, to use the lock as soon as possible. So I come here to bring you 2 suggestions that can change both your PvP and your PvE that is also harmed due to this weakness.

Suggestion 1 - Changing the Dark Seal

image.png.760f6f389fe158cc3834139c0c9e2cb7.png

Images of the skill as it currently works.

1. It would be interesting to have a passive that could even be used as a replacement for the black seal, it would have the function of applying a shield on the Warlock similar to the mage's barrier for each resisted stun, thus giving the class one more chance to survive, it could have one cd of course but in a way that Warlock could still exploit it.

2. Another possible change to the black seal would be to leave it as an area skill, as if it were a seal summoned on the ground, very macabre I would say, its effect would be to apply a damage reduction to all enemies that were inside the seal area, however this reduction would only be active for damage directed to the Warlock, if the enemy leaves the seal the effect would be removed, in addition to this effect the warlock could recover a % of the damage done by his arrow of darkness to the targets inside of the seal.

Hey, which Seal change did you find most interesting?

Suggestion 2 - Change in the Stone Body

image.png.57379e32aadbd156908b87a98dcb9cad.png

Images of the skill as it currently works.

Well the skill of petreo is really a lifesaver for Warlock, but it has some flaws that have always been pointed out by players, a change that was of great help in this skill was the option to leave it anytime you wanted, but it is still a problem, your healing has a dependency on Warlock's hp, which is a kind of interesting mechanic within PvP, but Warlock is still vulnerable when leaving the stone, so I have 3 possible changes here.

1. Gain of mobility
That's right, simply add movement to the Warlock while under stone, with the same limitation as the Templar, where it would be slowed.

2. Completely change the mechanics of the stone
In this case my suggestion would be to turn it into a kind of armor that reduces the damage done to the Warlock by some %, I let your imagination act, but let's say it was 20%, but the Warlock would still receive a cure when the stone was used, it would make it a little more resistant.

3. Self-defense system
In this case it would be to add a passive where the Warlock could trigger a self-defense system where the stone could apply the zone skill around itself to prevent melee classes from catching the Warlock in its moment of weakness, I believe this option is a little more complicated lol.

Which of these 3 did you find the most viable?

Well, I believe we all agree that Warlock's only problem is its lack of survival, so what other improvements would be more needed than increasing its survival kit?

This post was made using google translator.

Edited by Diego Ferreira

Lock tem uma grande falha, como você bem apresentou, mas o pétreo, além de ser útil contra o salto do mago. Depois que sai da pedra, há um atraso de 2s e é horrível atordoar depois que sai

Edited by Alone Zzzz

4 minutes ago, Alone Zzzz said:

Lock has a major flaw, as you well presented, but stony as well as being useful against the wizard's leap. After it leaves the stone, there is a 2s delay and it's horrible to stun after it leaves

Indeed, in some cases he just postpones his own death.

1 hour ago, Diego Ferreira said:

1. Gain of mobility
That's right, simply add movement to the Warlock while under stone, with the same limitation as the Templar, where it would be slowed.

2. Completely change the mechanics of the stone
In this case my suggestion would be to turn it into a kind of armor that reduces the damage done to the Warlock by some %, I let your imagination act, but let's say it was 20%, but the Warlock would still receive a cure when the stone was used, it would make it a little more resistant.

3. Self-defense system
In this case it would be to add a passive where the Warlock could trigger a self-defense system where the stone could apply the zone skill around itself to prevent melee classes from catching the Warlock in its moment of weakness, I believe this option is a little more complicated lol.

Which of these 3 did you find the most viable?

Well, I believe we all agree that Warlock's only problem is its lack of survival, so what other improvements would be more needed than increasing its survival kit?

This post was made using google translator.

1: How is that?, add movement while the skill reduces the movement? I didn't understand xd

2: I would say that it is better to add a total of 3 stack of stone skin After finishing the stony body effect, gives you a chance to resist a little

3: hmmm when the warlock reaches a certain amount of life points (20% for example) he automatically uses stone body? Doesn't this make you lose the target? 

50 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

1: How is that?, add movement while the skill reduces the movement? I didn't understand xd

2: I would say that it is better to add a total of 3 stack of stone skin After finishing the stony body effect, gives you a chance to resist a little

3: hmmm when the warlock reaches a certain amount of life points (20% for example) he automatically uses stone body? Doesn't this make you lose the target? 

1. It would be more or less a copy of the templar's ability lol.

2. It's also a good possibility.

3. The intention would not be that the stone was automatic, but some skills were used together with it as a form of support, for example with the area at your feet the melee enemy would not be able to control it without using your resist.

22 hours ago, Diego Ferreira said:

1. Ganho de mobilidade
Isso mesmo, basta adicionar movimento ao Warlock enquanto está sob a pedra, com a mesma limitação do Templar, onde seria retardado.

Em 2020 eu dei essa mesma ideia e postei aqui no forum com ilustrações de imagens de como funcionaria o novo corpo petreo

Lembro que eu tinha as mesmas críticas do warlock, uma boa classe de stum, porem capacidade de sobrevivência 0 e a unica defesa que é o Corpo petreo serve mais pra atrasar a morte do warlock que salva ele kkkk

Desejo boa sorte Diego, tomare que os desenvolvedores olhem mais pro Warlock

:love-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

• 1 month later...

Do you suggest more survival for a class that is already protected under the debuff and healing totem of the shaman? As you can see in the image, Lock is in the background and hardly becomes a target. I think that even if I accept this suggestion in a biased way it can lead to an imbalance...

PicsArt_08-04-11_55_43.png.f1a91456ffba0e0683d3c14dd14872c3.png

4 hours ago, Paulo Vinicius said:

Do you suggest more survival for a class that is already protected under the debuff and healing totem of the shaman?

By that logic, wouldn't you need to take away all survival skills of all legion classes just because shaman has heal totem?

That doesn't make sense.:suspicious1: 

if shaman heal totem is a concern, then it should be brought up in the shaman section. What does poor warlocks have to do about that?

Its already at the bottom of the ring as it is.

P.S: There are servers in which heal totem strategies are barely used and make almost no difference cause it requires many people optimizing their builds just for GvG making them pretty undesirable for arena and PvE content.

18 hours ago, Paulo Vinicius said:

Do you suggest more survival for a class that is already protected under the debuff and healing totem of the shaman? As you can see in the image, Lock is in the background and hardly becomes a target. I think that even if I accept this suggestion in a biased way it can lead to an imbalance...

PicsArt_08-04-11_55_43.png.f1a91456ffba0e0683d3c14dd14872c3.png

I dare say that even out of the front lines and with shamas and their totems the Warlock will still die 

On 12/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, TheCaster said:

By that logic, wouldn't you need to take away all survival skills of all legion classes just because shaman has heal totem?

That doesn't make sense.:suspicious1: 

if shaman heal totem is a concern, then it should be brought up in the shaman section. What does poor warlocks have to do about that?

Its already at the bottom of the ring as it is.

P.S: There are servers in which heal totem strategies are barely used and make almost no difference cause it requires many people optimizing their builds just for GvG making them pretty undesirable for arena and PvE content.

No, but look at the chief, under the healing totem he becomes immortal if added to his survival skills. Imagine the lock, a full control class that is also immortal in GvG and x5...

If you play on a server where you don't strategize, I have nothing to do with that. What's the point of prioritizing a server like that and hurting a really busy server?

On 12/3/2021 at 7:31 AM, Diego Ferreira said:

I dare say that even out of the front lines and with shamas and their totems the Warlock will still die 

Is it some kind of bad joke?

Here are two videos that illustrate your lie or exaggeration:

https://youtu.be/j21VUPJbmN8

https://youtu.be/bplB9hulh1k

3 hours ago, Paulo Vinicius said:

No, but look at the chief, under the healing totem he becomes immortal if added to his survival skills. Imagine the lock, a full control class that is also immortal in GvG and x5...

Again, I think you're over reaching one class issue into other classes. Your underlying issue is shaman heal totems and their interactions in GvG which should be posted in the shaman section. 

Looking at it from one point of view, doesn't justify discarding this suggestion. There's 2s, 3s, seals, crucibles mode of arena where all you have to do to beat a warlock is jack up on resist items or even mermen gear. There's also PvE where lock has plethora of useless skills and skill combinations. 

3 hours ago, Paulo Vinicius said:

What's the point of prioritizing a server like that and hurting a really busy server?

Works both ways. I play in sapphire. We got decent fights I'd say. Maybe it's not as active as your server but you can't say
(my server > your server) so everything should be reworked in a way that should benefit that point of view. There's many other servers with many other scenarios. I believe sentinels are dominating in EU servers too.

You should take a look at the Russian forums too. They're even more active than BR server I believe and the majority of warspear community there agrees that warlock is one of the weakest and most outdated classes that needs a major overhaul.

Edited by TheCaster