Warlock Skill Improvements Suggestions

Risc

Hi! All.

In view of "[2021.10.15] Skill Rebalance. News", I wish to share my suggestions on improving the class overall from my perspective.

I've not played warlock much after unlocking all experts at Lv 18. And I have yet to reach endgame with my char, as I am not finding it fun to play when comparing it with mage.

So my suggestions will be around what the class needs to be comparable to its counterpart the 'Mage'.

Suggestions

1. The Warlock lacks good survivability overall. While "Grimoire + Draining Health" combo does generate reasonable Heal over time at higher levels...I find its not very reliable, if the skill gets dodged/resisted. As for Stone body, its more of an emergency skill and it does not last long. So hence, I suggest improving the Steal Health skill for a consistent heal over time. Again some may argue, that the control skills offset survival. But I feel control skills are not reliable especially at end game content when most of players or bosses have high resist stats.
  2. The Warlock needs some of its experts to be passives. Currently it has no passive expert skill (excluding Class Talents and Classless Skill books). There are just too many active skills.
  3. The AOE potential of the class needs to be improved.

Edited by Risc
Corrections

I think they could be the ones to receive a passive skill that buffs the warlock whenever any enemy resists any skill.

Could make it like "for every time an enemy resists any ability, warlock gains a stack." and then "At X(3?) stacks he gains a buff" or "For each stack he gains X."

The buff could be anything, to damage, defensive, crowd control or even to buff the next ability to apply its full duration debuff 100% of the time.

A passive skill like this would be relevant in any high level content, as even normal mobs start to be able to resist.

Stuff like this already exists in relics, activating after an enemy resists the skill.

The main problems with Warlock class are:

1.  The class itself is based on stuns/debuffs which makes it easily to deal with since most classes got a resist/removal of debuffs Skill

2.  Lack of decent defensive skills/passive makes the warlock an easy target to punish once he misses a stun or most of the cases when someone resisted/used a resist skill to charge in.Now some will say "you guys got stone body". Well yeah but usually using stone body puts you in a disadvantage since you gonna get camped till this is over,rather than working the other way around. 

Heres my opinion about it: 

1. Add a passive related to Warlock's kit which is heavily based on stuns.

For example: Everytime an enemy resists a stun/debuff the Warlock receives a buff(?) lasting the same amount of time as the stun/debuff would last on enemy if it wasn't for it to be ignored.

2. Change the way Bloody Tribute works.

"If the enemy uses a skill they will lose additional energy" to "If the enemy uses a skill the attribute of "Resist" parameter will be lowered to (?).